Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11678843 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12542) (12543) (12544) (12545) (12546) (12547) (12548) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
I celebrate you on your new job but don't go there with kick and follow mentality grin gen gen pressing is the way and you can see Gen gen pressing is about to get the job with a much better assistant amunike. So go there and make we gen gen pressing fans proud so you can produce the future talent of the national team from the acedemy wink
I am not wishing Eguaveon to fail. One positive is the inclusion of Amunike. Mark my words,we are going no where with the team of coaches that went to Cameroon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2022
There is hope with Amunike there but without Amunike Eguaveon cannot stay up to one year in that position. Even with Amunike nothing is guaranteed but there is hope.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 1:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
Eguavoen, Amuneke to takeover Super Eagles
Eguavoen gets two-year contract • Salary to be increased from N3m • NFF discards Peseiro
By Emma Jemegah

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has finally settled for its Technical Director, Austin Eguavoen, as the substantive coach of the Super Eagles with former international, Emmanuel Amuneke, as his assistant.

Daily Sunsports exclusively gathered that the choice of both Eguavoen and Amuneke was arrived at a meeting between the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare and officials of the NFF, yesterday, in Abuja.

According to our impeccable source, the Minister nullified the planned appointment of Portuguese Jose Peseiro and ordered the immediate draft of Eguavoen and Amuneke to the Super Eagles.

Also, the meeting agreed to give Eguavoen a two-year contract with an improvement on his salary from the present N3 million, although the source did not disclose the new salary.

The development comes after Eguavoen’s ‘impressive’ performance at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, where he led the Super Eagles to hundred percent performance in the group stage before crashing out in the round of 16 to Tunisia.

Already, the Nigeria Football Coaches Association (NFCA), through its president, Isah Ladan Bosso, had queried the appointment of a foreign technical adviser for the Super Eagles, stating that no foreign coach had ever won a World Cup in the history of the competition.

Bosso said with equal welfare and a good atmosphere, the Nigerian coaches can do better than their foreign counterparts because they understand the playing culture of Nigeria.

Also, scores of Nigerians, including renowned coach, Adegboye Onigbinde, had called for the retention of Eguavoen as the Super Eagles technical adviser.

Chief Onigbinde argued that if Eguavoen, with just about a month to the start of the AFCON, could come up with the performance in Cameroon, he should be encouraged to continue with the team.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/eguavoen-amuneke-to-takeover-super-eagles/

Congratulations to Eguavoen and Amuneke.
I pray for understanding and synergy.
I pray that what one might lack, the other can supply.

Honestly, i am of the opinion that people be allowed to choose their assistants.
And i hoped this is the situation with Eguavoen. This is to ensure good loyalty

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
There is hope with Amunike there but without Amunike Eguaveon cannot stay up to one year in that position. Even with Amunike nothing is guaranteed but there is hope.
if we can have hope Even with the inshallah football your darling daddy gave to us baba now we believe and not only hope wink that we are going to do well and we would have the kind of team play and results that brings joy to Nigerians cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 1:41pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ghen ghen pressing is the modern game but ghen ghen pressing without being technically savvy and multidimensional is an accident awaiting to happen

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
if we can have hope Even with the inshallah football your darling daddy gave to us baba now we believe and not only hope wink that we are going to do well and we would have the kind of team play and results that brings joy to Nigerians cool
5 years is not 5 days. five years of no hypertensive soccer. I don't even Know where my calculator is. Under him there was no if we beat Cameroon and Zambia impregnate Algeria we go have hope of qualifying

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
5 years is not 5 days. five years of no hypertensive soccer. I don't even Know where my calculator is. Under him there was no if we beat Cameroon and Zambia impregnate Algeria we go have hope of qualifying
his last game was hypertensive, with us always bring our books of lamentation every match day and he got sacked because we can't be watching our national team and at the same time be thinking of medical bills because of hypertension wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2022
Meliforme:

Congratulations to Eguavoen and Amuneke.
I pray for understanding and synergy.
I pray that what one might lack, the other can supply.

Honestly, i am of the opinion that people be allowed to choose their assistants.
And i hoped this is the situation with Eguavoen. This is to ensure good loyalty

It is not yet confirmed. So we still wait for an announcement from the NFF.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
his last game was hypertensive, with us always bring our books of lamentation every match day and he got sacked because we can't be watching our national team and at the same time be thinking of medical bills because of hypertension wink
but he got the needed result. Talk about our last game grin angry grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
mostob:
sir, do you think Amunike will be willing to take the assistant coach role? And will it not be a case of two drivers in a boat regarding their varying football philosophy?

I think Amunike will gladly work with Eguavoen. I think why Amunike rejected working with Rohr was due to clashing ideas. Rohr was on the conservative side and Amunike will oppose most of his decisions and selections.

In this case, I see similarities in the ideas of Eguavoen and Amunike. Keep in mind also that Eguavoen was his on-field captain in 1994. So they have a history.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
but he got the needed result. Talk about our last game grin angry grin grin grin grin
not hypertensive still in transition from 5 year's of Drab football to what is our original style of play wink More enjoyment fall on us when Eguavoen and amunike get the job official and our player's pull off the kick and follow clothes and Dawn the gen gen pressing shirt in style by December you will see the result at the mundial (world cup)wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
Ghen ghen pressing is the modern game but ghen ghen pressing without being technically savvy and multidimensional is an accident awaiting to happen
E don don na biko
Make una let us rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
Eguavoen gets two-year contract • Salary to be increased from N3m • NFF discards Peseiro
By Emma Jemegah

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has finally settled for its Technical Director, Austin Eguavoen, as the substantive coach of the Super Eagles with former international, Emmanuel Amuneke, as his assistant.

Daily Sunsports exclusively gathered that the choice of both Eguavoen and Amuneke was arrived at a meeting between the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare and officials of the NFF, yesterday, in Abuja.

According to our impeccable source, the Minister nullified the planned appointment of Portuguese Jose Peseiro and ordered the immediate draft of Eguavoen and Amuneke to the Super Eagles.

Also, the meeting agreed to give Eguavoen a two-year contract with an improvement on his salary from the present N3 million, although the source did not disclose the new salary.

The development comes after Eguavoen’s ‘impressive’ performance at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, where he led the Super Eagles to hundred percent performance in the group stage before crashing out in the round of 16 to Tunisia.

Already, the Nigeria Football Coaches Association (NFCA), through its president, Isah Ladan Bosso, had queried the appointment of a foreign technical adviser for the Super Eagles, stating that no foreign coach had ever won a World Cup in the history of the competition.

Bosso said with equal welfare and a good atmosphere, the Nigerian coaches can do better than their foreign counterparts because they understand the playing culture of Nigeria.

Also, scores of Nigerians, including renowned coach, Adegboye Onigbinde, had called for the retention of Eguavoen as the Super Eagles technical adviser.

Chief Onigbinde argued that if Eguavoen, with just about a month to the start of the AFCON, could come up with the performance in Cameroon, he should be encouraged to continue with the team.

Kri kri kri kri! We don enter one chance. grin

Egunje go run belle. Be expecting players from obscure leagues over players doing well in a better league. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
forgiveness:

Egunje go run belle. Be expecting players from obscure leagues over players doing well in a better league. cheesy
Na look we dey look so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
mostob:
sir, do you think Amunike will be willing to take the assistant coach role? And will it not be a case of two drivers in a boat regarding their varying football philosophy?

Eguavoen has achieved more than Amunike in senior football.

Why won’t Amunike work under him?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2022
nelszx:

Na look we dey look so

Hahahaha! Before nko! No choice.

The Minister of Sports is just playing politics against next year election hence the reason to hire a Nigerian coach to satisfy Nigerians. grin

Hope it doesn’t backfire?

Somebody wey record the worst outing in AFCON since 1982 na em Dey think will carry us far.

Well, let us keep hoping. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
While you criticize me somebody sent me a message to be part of his technical crew in his academy in Kaduna because he likes my contributions here
grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2022
forgiveness:

Eguavoen has achieved more than Amunike in senior football.

Why won’t Amunike work under him?
Are you sure? Well, I feel Amunike is more celebrated
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I think Amunike will gladly work with Eguavoen. I think why Amunike rejected working with Rohr was due to clashing ideas. Rohr was on the conservative side and Amunike will oppose most of his decisions and selections.

In this case, I see similarities in the ideas of Eguavoen and Amunike. Keep in mind also that Eguavoen was his on-field captain in 1994. So they have a history.
Ok.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2022
mostob:
Are you sure? Well, I feel Amunike is more celebrated

Of course! Amunike na hype factor Dey help am.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
The three remaining teams that are likely to win the AFCON all have their experienced players in the squad. We will continue to be under achievers if we continue Fielding inexperienced players. There is no continuity in SE. Our experienced guys retire too early.
Sometimes they are disrespected either by coaches or fans. Imagine what Okoye would have learnt from Enyeama?
;DNdidi is not experienced. Omeruo is not experienced. Moses Simon is not experienced. Troost Ekong is not experienced. Iheanacho is not experienced. Iwobi is not experienced. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
While you criticize me somebody sent me a message to be part of his technical crew in his academy in Kaduna because he likes my contributions here

Sorry to that academy. You sure gonna finish it with experienced(over aged) players grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
Senegal have young players doing better than some of their experienced players. They have a lot of them playing in the French league. We promote inform young stars more than inform experienced players. Anthony Nwakaeme and Ighalo have done better and are doing better than their equals we took to Cameroon but we don't promote them because they are not young.

Name any young senegalese player doing well but left out due to the so-called experience players, then I would credit your account with 5k. Name just one

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2022
zuchyblink:
El Shanawy got injured, Egypt introduced Gabasky. In Nigeria, if we lose Okoye we go introduce Uzoho grin grin grin two paw paw grin grin grin Cameroon have better goal keepers than Nigeria but they chose an NPFL fringe goal keeper due to experience.

You have started sounding like a lunatic bro. Jean Efala that hasn't made his Camerounian debut is an experienced national team player? grin

Can you also name the better goalkeepers Cameroun left out, without contradicting yourself?

You can only mention Ondoa and maybe the retired Kameni. These are the most experienced goalkeepers Cameroun have, but they were left out for rookies like Efala and co grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2022
forgiveness:

We might just see Abdul Ajagun earn his first national team call up.. He is playing in Sudan now or so?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
GREAT Development!!!!

TheGoodJoe:
By Emma Jemegah

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2022
Amuneke will be very willing, and as a successor as well. Eguavoen still has the technical director job. Don't forget that.

mostob:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:34pm On Feb 03, 2022
Danielnino00:

We might just see Abdul Ajagun earn his first national team call up.. He is playing in Sudan now or so?

Be careful grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2022
It was a wonderful thing to behold when Amuneke visited Eguavoen and the team prior to the AFCON. Already shows both men will have a good working relationship.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2022
If you want to bring a foreign coach he needs to be qualified to coach his own country. No more anyhow coach because of skin color. We can do far better than that.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2022
Danielnino00:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2022
Joebie:
If you want to bring a foreign coach he needs to be qualified to coach his own country. No more anyhow coach because of skin color. We can do far better than that.

If you want to talk to peseiro directly please do

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (12542) (12543) (12544) (12545) (12546) (12547) (12548) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.