Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,843 members, 7,831,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11763153 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12586) (12587) (12588) (12589) (12590) (12591) (12592) ... (16185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2022
13large:

My friend, Any coach local or foreign that cannot defeat a less talented and damage Ghana squad with a much talented Nigerian squad should be terminated on the spot. Sorry, we might not witness such an incompetent Ghana team in a long time. This ain’t the Ghana golden generation era of Muntari, Essien or KPB it’s a team that still has Jordan Ayew as their main striker. Our bench warmer “ademola lookman” has more goals this season than Jordan ayew. If we lose to this Present Ghana team (White or black coach) he should be terminated Immediately. Losing to a less talented Tunisia 2nd 11 also deserved immediate resignation but inadequate timing
I support eguavoen to remain with the team but my only fear in our local coaches is the smuggling of half baked players to the team at the expense of better ones

Him and amuneke should set aside sentiment and personal interest to make history with the team. Also they have to be open for changes in the team if better options emerge

The best we hv should be invited to build a good team for the gh and future encounters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2022
ChrisKels:

This is not entirely true. Ghana has better Centre Back options than Nigeria, they also have a better midfield combo than Nigeria. We only edge them upfront

Please, on current form, list their center backs that’s ranked or better than ours? Even our uninvited player “akpoguma” is still ranked better than Ghana present CB

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
13large:

Bro, 1 v 1 on current form, our bench is stronger than Ghana let alone our first 11. But, remember our team 1 v 1 was also much stronger than Tunisia and we still lost. The only reason I am advocating for Eguavoen to continue after that defeat vs a much weaker Tunisia is simply because of “inadequate time” aside of that, he should had been terminated. Do you know that, currently there’s a Nigerian listed among the top 5 scorers at Epl, Bundesliga and one listed as one of the best strikers in Seria A Football transcends individual names and one has to be humble.

Listed as and being the best striker are two completely different thing's.

Awoniyi has scored ,9 goals , he is not in the top 6, same follows for Dennis , surprisingly Salah despite spending time at AFCON has 16 EPL goals.

Osimhen scored 10 goals in Seria A last season 2020/1 but then he only played 24 games he was not in the top 20 goal scorers. He has played 14 games and 6 goals this season.

Osimhen is s very good striker but he is not among the best or top 10 in Seria A, he is not World class.

I think he will get to at least 15 before the end of the season.

But then I also think if Ighalo and Dennis were in Seria A they would be getting similar numbers of goals even possibly more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
The paddy paddy matter which is normal with our local coaches make nwakali see game time for the just concluded afcon pass a whole frank the tank

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 12:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
komekn:

Awoniyi has scored ,9 goals , he is not in the top 6, same follows for Dennis , surprisingly Salah despite spending time at AFCON has 16 EPL goals.

Osimhen scored 10 goals in Seria A last season 2020/1 but then he only played 24 games he was not in the top 20 goal scorers. He has played 14 games and 6 goals this season.

Osimhen is s very good striker but he is not among the best or top 10 in Seria A, he is not World class.

But then I also think if Ighalo and Dennis were in Seria A they would be getting similar numbers of goals even possibly more.

Please, list the present Ghana forward and their numbers this season. Like I said, on paper, our bench is even stronger than Ghana present squad that’s why our coach must be terminated on the spot if we don’t qualify or retained if we qualify. List Ghana present forward stats this season let’s compare their own and I will even list our bench players numbers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
komekn:

Prior to osimehn injury, he was ranked by the Italian journalist as one of the best strikers in Seria A (this season). I’m waiting for the Ghana Forward numbers this season too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Ghana center back options please .

I will place Djiku same place as Omeruo and Ekong, I would place Amarteh and Salisu ahead of Balogun. I would take Khalid Abdul Mumin ahead Awaziem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
The paddy paddy matter which is normal with our local coaches make nwakali see game time for the just concluded afcon pass a whole frank the tank

Yes oo, just as Maduka was busy applying powder for face when dem score am grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
13large:

Please, on current form, list their center backs that’s ranked or better than ours? Even our uninvited player “akpoguma” is still ranked better than Ghana present CB

No way Akpoguma is ranked ahead of Mumin, Salisu or Amartey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
ChrisKels:

Yes oo, just as Maduka was busy applying powder for face when dem score am grin
even great Rufai and other goal minders out there hv made costly mistakes in the past. No be me choose maduka to be first choose so for eguavoen and his crew to pick him out of the 4 in camp as our number one implies he is class above others in training

Nwakali Dey join Burgos fc soon grin wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
ChrisKels:

who be mimin?

Amartey wey Dey chop bench for leicester? Oga na only salisu I see for this ur mentions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
Cameroon played the best soccer; matured and direct football. The major contributor to Senegal's success is the quality in their squad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
even great Rufai and other goal minders out there hv made costly mistakes in the past. No be me choose maduka to be first choose so for eguavoen and his crew to pick him out of the 4 in camp as our number one implies he is class above others in training

Nwakali Dey join Burgos fc soon grin wink cheesy cheesy cheesy

Agu not Eguavoen chose him. It was still the paddy trend from Rohr's era, so suuum there!

Maduka cost us 2021 AfCon medal it is on record grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
13large:

I’m not just referring to mere playing but being a “consistent Global superstar” for example, According to Wikipedia, Oliseh only played 8 games and 1 season at Juventus and was done compare that to, Essien or yaya performance at Chelsea/man city. Amunike is considered as a “Joke signing” and being referred to in the Spanish media as “luis enrique tu padre es Amunike” (Luis Enrique your father is Amunike) Taribo had 1 great season at Inter Milan and was done compare that to Kuffour, (Bayern) Touré (Arsenal). The likes of fenerbache, sporting aren’t globally huge. Finidi was world class/essential at Ajax for 2 seasons and was done (he could had surpassed mane).

I think Ikpeba Monaco was huge to an extent. Key player for them then. Yakubu Aiyebeni also did well for himself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
ChrisKels:

According to transfermarket our uninvited player “akpoguma” is ranked higher than all Ghana invited defenders this season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
ChrisKels:

I will place Djiku same place as Omeruo and Ekong, I would place Amarteh and Salisu ahead of Balogun. I would take Khalid Abdul Mumin ahead Awaziem.

Ekong is better than djiku

Salisu ahead of balogun ,not really sure about amartey

Championship ajayi is better than that Mumin guy

Performance wise no Ghanaian CB is even playing what akpoguma is playing in Europe

Abeg Na only midfield Ghana get options pass us .

CB LB RB Wingers strikers we kill those people

Even poor Maduka better pass their GK from the English league one grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
who be mimin?

Amartey wey Dey chop bench for leicester? Oga na only salisu I see for this ur mentions

Do you have any centre back better than that Amartey wey dey chop bench for Leicester?

Lol it is obvious you no sabi pass the EpL or Manchester United. Google Khalid Abdul Mumin, then come back to talk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:33pm On Feb 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Ekong is better than djiku

Salisu ahead of balogun ,not really sure about amartey

Championship ajayi is better than that Mumin guy

Performance wise no Ghanaian CB is even playing what akpoguma is playing in Europe

Abeg Na only midfield Ghana get options pass us .

CB LB RB Wingers strikers we kill those people

Even poor Maduka better pass their GK from the English league one grin

If Ajayi was half as good as Mumin, he wouldn't be rotting in the championship
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:33pm On Feb 07, 2022
ChrisKels:

Akpoguma has performed better than Salisu as far as Europe Is concerned let alone mumin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:33pm On Feb 07, 2022
ChrisKels:

Agu not Eguavoen chose him. It was still the paddy trend from Rohr's era, so suuum there!

Maduka cost us 2021 AfCon medal it is on record grin
eguavoen no follow Dey camp Dey monitor all players in training?

I remember afcon 2008 where vogts dropped Enyeama for ejide because he saw something diff in both games and preferred the latter

Eguavoen only picked maduka because he was the best in camp hoooooha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
ChrisKels:

If Ajayi was half as good as Mumin, he wouldn't be rotting in the championship

And mumin is playing at the best club in Portugal grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Akpoguma has performed better than Salisu as far as Europe Is concerned let alone mumin
no be only mumin na minimum cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
Scoring one or two goals isn't the same as scoring many many goals and going far. How many games did we win? How many crosses came in from wingers and fullbacks? Few. And we made use of the few.

Our wingers need to stop showboating and start playing for the team and not themselves.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
no be only mumin na minimum cheesy

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
ChrisKels:

Do you have any centre back better than that Amartey wey dey chop bench for Leicester?

Lol it is obvious you no sabi pass the EpL or Manchester United. Google Khalid Abdul Mumin, then come back to talk
he plays for guimaraes in the Portuguese top flight and nothing special about him but still a rookie so what’s the fuss about him for?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

And mumin is playing at the best club in Portugal grin

At least you sabi football small pass the other noise maker. Oya who are the best CBs in the Portuguese league?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
PurpleHouse:
Scoring one or two goals isn't the same as scoring many many goals and going far. How many games did we win? How many crosses came in from wingers and fullbacks? Few. And we made use of the few.

Our wingers need to stop showboating and start playing for the team and not themselves.
I believe amuneke joining the coaching crew will bring in new ideas to add to eguavoen 1994 tactics which is once you get the ball from defense launch it to Moses or chukwueze cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 12:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
komekn:

Agreed without question.

It baffles me how professional players cannot do simple accurate cross and these are wingers or wing backs.

Chukwueze, Zaidu, Simon, Ejuke are all poor at crossing the ball, the very basic requirement for the position they play.

Football is not just dribbling, skills and showboating.

I watched how many accurate crosses were thrown into the box by Senegal , if not for a very good Egyptian goalkeeper and last ditch defending. Senegal should really have won the game 3-0

Cameroon and Senegal are masters of crosses. I saw their play and was amazed. They are not great. But their wingers make them always create opportunities.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
he plays for guimaraes in the Portuguese top flight and nothing special about him but still a rookie so what’s the fuss about him for?

You see the number of top clubs justling for his signature? How many has ever asked for the Siggy of Omeruo, Ekong, Awaziem, Balogun et al? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2022
Strikers: Jordan Ayew (Crystal Palace), Richmond Boakye Yiadom (Beitar Jerusalem), Maxwell Abbey Quaye (Great Olympics), Felix Afena Gyan (AS Roma), Benjamin Tetteh (Malatyaspor)

This is the list of Ghana team forward listed at the ANC. For comparison sake, I won’t even list our starting 11 but our bench numbers and we still ha e more goals than their starting 11

Odion ighalo - 13 goals this season at Saudi league - Dede ayew 9 goals at Qatar league. On this season performance, Ighalo wins

Afeni gyan - 2 goals at Seria (big 3). David okereke 5 goals Seria A (Big 3) on this season performance, okereke wins

Paul onuachu 16 goals this season (Belgium) vs Jordan ayew (1 goal) at Epl. Paul onuachu wins

The remaining listed players that I didn’t mention aren’t comparable. Like I said, we might not get to face such an untalented Ghana team in a long time

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2022
zuchyblink:
Cameroon played the best soccer; matured and direct football. The major contributor to Senegal's success is the quality in their squad
Sometimes you need to know when its important to rest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2022
ChrisKels:

At least you sabi football small pass the other noise maker. Oya who are the best CBs in the Portuguese league?

Is mumin among the best CB in the Portuguese league ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12586) (12587) (12588) (12589) (12590) (12591) (12592) ... (16185) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: codemaniacs and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.