Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,641 members, 7,847,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11846922 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12589) (12590) (12591) (12592) (12593) (12594) (12595) ... (16242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
jihday:
it’s because you think he’s actually interested in the job, Yobo have been retired for over 5 years and he doesn’t have any coaching badge. An active player like Gundogan is already working on his. Yobo have no interest in coaching, even this one he’s doing with the NT I’m thinking he was talked into it
well you are right though

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
Dem get midfield sha make we no lie.

Partey, Wakaso, Duncan, Kudus is a good midfield any coach worth his salt can use.

Honestly na tactics and who wants it more will separate us on the day.

13large:

Even the midfield is still very arguable. Please, don’t underestimate Aribo, ndidi, Etebo, or onyeka. List Ghana midfielders let’s compare

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
chrisooblog:

Partey, Wakaso, Duncan, Kudus is a good midfield any coach worth his salt can use.

wakaso is old and worn out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
If Maduka was the skipper that stood in post for Egypt, by the ending of 1st half he would have conceded 3 - 4goals bare minimum

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
13large:

Do you guys read what I say or you just like to speak. What big club did yakubu play for or ikpeba except you’re comparing everton, monaco to Barcelona, real, Chelsea, Juventus and how consistent were they at their clubs compare to salah, mane, drogba, etoo

Did you read "To An Extent". I know those clubs are not in the category of the biggest clubs but I am talking about super star quality.

Ikpeba was in a top quality side, I remember a season they did well in the Champions League. That team had the likes of Thierry Henry, Trezeguet, Guily and some other quality talents. Ikpeba was king there and I think that season he won the golden boot.

So when talking about big players, to an extent, Ikpeba was a Super Star.

Aiyegbeni I think in a total of four seasons, had the highest aggregate goals, higher than some of the top stars in the Premier League. So even though he did not play for Liverpool and Manchester United, to an extent he was a Super Star.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
Parrot69:
If Maduka was the skipper that stood in post for Egypt, by the ending of 1st half he would have conceded 3 - 4goals bare minimum

You people will not leave Maduka alone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
chrisooblog:

Wakaso Na casted meat

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 1:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
nwakali I doubt if any club will sign him currently for 500k cheesy cheesy
In Naira or CFA?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Parrot69:
Abeg shut up. Enough of all this shitty nonsense. Do you have a personal problem with him? Because this has turned to hatred.

Even the goal he conceded, a ball that suddenly drifted like a deflection will take any keeper off guard.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
jihday:
it’s because you think he’s actually interested in the job, Yobo have been retired for over 5 years and he doesn’t have any coaching badge. An active player like Gundogan is already working on his. Yobo have no interest in coaching, even this one he’s doing with the NT I’m thinking he was talked into it

I know he was talked into it by the Warri T.D Jakes, aka Pinnick. And if thats the case, make he resign and give way for a more adequate hand to come in. He has nothing to offer. He better go into coaching or sport analyst. For his future to avoid become a broke ass.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
Parrot69:

In Naira or CFA?

angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
PurpleHouse:

I know he was talked into it by the Warri T.D Jakes, aka Pinnick. And if thats the case, make he resign and give way for a more adequate hand to come in. He has nothing to offer. He better go into coaching or sport analyst. For his future to avoid become a broke ass.

Contrary to people's thinking, I think as the fitness coach, Yobo did well. He looked actively involved in the training and knew what he was doing.

I believe he is gaining a lot working with the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Abeg shut up. Enough of all this shitty nonsense. Do you have a personal problem with him? Because this has turned to hatred.

Even the goal he conceded, a ball that suddenly drifted like a deflection will take any keeper off guard.
Please mind your lane.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

Dem wan finish your man cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
Parrot69:

In Naira or CFA?
cfa cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Contrary to people's thinking, I think as the fitness coach, Yobo did well. He looked actively involved in the training and knew what he was doing.

I believe he is gaining a lot working with the team.

Yobo with all his expertise and experience, should be one of Africans fine coach learning his trade in Europe.

Or at least, go into football administration.

Nor be fitness coach Kwa. Haba naaah!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

you are the one who should keep quiet.maduka is a fraud of a goalkeeper and should never be invited to the national team again.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
PurpleHouse:

Yobo with all his expertise and experience, should be one of Africans fine coach learning his trade in Europe.

He is starting. He lacks the badges and experience for such role yet. However, as a fitness coach and working directly with the team, he will learn a lot about coaching the Super Eagles.

You do not know if he has weighed the career path of Africans in Europe and seen they hardly ever get to the top.

Maybe he wants to focus on Super Eagles where if he is good, he can rise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
leave mk em Dey talk wetin em no knw

The only reason top clubs aren’t coming for ndidi yet is because of his release clause which is 60million pounds or lil above that and with the look of things leicester won’t bulge during negotiation with any time unless his existing contract is about to run out

Was disappointed when he renewed his current contract which is 4 abi 5 years contract cheesy

Your release clause is academic.

If other clubs value and think you are top class quality they will pay if they don't they simply WILL NOT. Awaziem had some ridiculous release clause at Porto did that create interest for him, he is in Turkey.

I watched Bissouma in the AFCON dude was outstanding. He has been outstanding on the EPL every big club wants him. Look at the interest Lamptey is generating as a RB.

When you are outstanding everybody's wants you.

As it is Ndidi needs to up his game, he is a very good DM but brings nothing else.

There is a way every newspaper and sports pundit talks about a player and you know it's not just talk but real interest. Bissouma could go for £70 million that's the level of demand for him.

It was similar with Osimhen after his break out season in Lille.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
PurpleHouse:

I can assure you YOBO can never be broke, his asset's and investments have GIVEN him a Very healthy life time income.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2022
13large:

Submitting his name at the time listed by FIFA to be submitted to teams for the event. Dennis name was submitted after the due date and his club weren’t obligated to release for those reason. The blame should be at NFF and not Dennis or Watford

Nonsense, no club in the history of national team invitations has ever denied a player a tournament invitation in the name of 'late callup' didn't they know he was going to Afcon when they signed him, this is just a useless excuse that wasn't even official for them to connive with Dennis to deny Afcon call up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 2:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
komekn:

I can assure you YOBO can never be broke, his asset's and investments have GIVEN him a Very healthy life time income.

Okay then. Good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 2:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
grin grin grin incoming violence on Maduka matter some people for here no go ever forgive maduka for that error the earlier you know this the better for you and some people na cruise Dem go dey use him matter catch so if you carry am for Head Dem go just frustrate you the More wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

He is starting. He lacks the badges and experience for such role yet. However, as a fitness coach and working directly with the team, he will learn a lot about coaching the Super Eagles.

You do not know if he has weighed the career path of Africans in Europe and seen they hardly ever get to the top.

Maybe he wants to focus on Super Eagles where if he is good, he can rise.

There's no chance/room for him to coach the Eagles now till like after 8-12years. So what would he be doing till then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 2:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
nwakali I doubt if any club will sign him currently for 500k cheesy cheesy

Eiii GOD. cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
PurpleHouse:

This is why I respect my good friend Seyi Olofinjana,it is always good to be a university graduate as a professional player,especially from Africa,the knowledge will never be wasted after one retired from football.Imagine Seyi that was playing for Kwara United when Yobo was already a big hit in Belgian league with standard leige is a sport director with European club and Yobo instead of going for more knowledge about the game he is busy lobbying for NFF job.

Checkout well schooled ex players like Mike Emenalo a boston university graduate,Adokiye Aimeasemeka former Attorney general,Segun Odegbami an Egnr.,Jonathan Akpoborie buffalo university graduate,Felix Owolabi who is a PhD holder,even most ex NPFL who are graduates don't lobby for NFF jobs.

Joseph Yobo is still very young and with his rich experience as a player I expect him to go back to real coaching school to learn more about football tactics or administration.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kog45:
This is why I respect my good friend Seyi Olofinjana,it is always good to be a university graduate as a professional player,especially from Africa,the knowledge will never be wasted after one retired from football.Imagine Seyi that was playing for Kwara United when Yobo was already a big hit in Belgian league with standard leige is a sport director with European club and Yobo instead of going for more knowledge about the game he is busy lobbying for NFF job.

Checkout well schooled ex players like Mike Emenalo a boston university graduate,Adokiye Aimeasemeka former Attorney general,Segun Odegbami an Egnr.,Jonathan Akpoborie buffalo university graduate,Felix Owolabi who is a PhD holder,even most ex NPFL who are graduates don't lobby for NFF jobs.

Joseph Yobo is still very young and with his rich experience as a player I expect him to go back to real coaching school to learn more about football tactics or administration.

Joseph yobo doesn’t look like he is interested in coaching
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Dem wan finish your man cheesy
I don't support mediocrity but after someone mentioned on Instagram that it wasn't his fault, with acknowledgements of others, I had to go take a second look. I re watched the replay from all broadcasted angles at 0.25X

The ball was heading to the center right when it suddenly drifted to the left after getting past Ekong. Maduka tried to return, he almost did but too late. he could not hold it down enough. Some keepers might have been sold off completely.

First three pics show how the Tunisian kicked the ball and where it was headed. In pic 4, the ball had swerved to the left

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 3:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
Torture2020:
[s][/s]

My Ghanaian breda what's up with you? ���
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kog45:

Agreed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
komekn:

Agreed without question.

It baffles me how professional players cannot do simple accurate cross and these are wingers or wing backs.

Chukwueze, Zaidu, Simon, Ejuke are all poor at crossing the ball, the very basic requirement for the position they play.

Football is not just dribbling, skills and showboating.

I watched how many accurate crosses were thrown into the box by Senegal , if not for a very good Egyptian goalkeeper and last ditch defending. Senegal should really have won the game 3-0

Crossing the ball is not Ejuke's preferred style of play. He made zero crosses of the ball in the course of the minutes he got at the AFCON.
Dude is for the inverted role of a winger.

He is a playmaker that loves to shoot at goal.

Surprisingnly his long balls are precise.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Luciano Spaletti on Osimhen ahead of Today's Serie A fixture

Spalletti: “Osimhen? He is a warrior, he put the pieces of his face together and went back to fighting with us as he always did. We must show that we are at his height/level in the willingness to fight and to fight with anyone”

Spalletti speaking glowingly on The Mentality Of The Monster Machine cool.

A follow up to Spaletti's pre Match presser. Below is an extract from his post-match presser.

Spalletti has seen the light fully and finally. He now knows. cool

7 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (12589) (12590) (12591) (12592) (12593) (12594) (12595) ... (16242) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, Friday03 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.