Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11659032 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12615) (12616) (12617) (12618) (12619) (12620) (12621) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

My man I disagree

Sure, we must not always agree.

Where would you play him, and why do you think he deserves to be kept?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
ChrisKels:

Sure, we must not always agree.

Where would you play him, and why do you think he deserves to be kept?

He deserves a place at the bench at least

Apart from being selfish he impressed me at the afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
Players that joined foreign clubs straight from NPFL in recent years.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

I would probably go with Dennis as our front man, he has more football intelligence and is much more unpredictable and skilfull. Depending on how things work bring in either Victor or Ighalo later on.

Victor is very good but also is his aggressive style of play is predictable, which may not work against Ghana.

I would like to see Moses Simon on the wing, I wish he could cross because then it would be a great option for Victor who has strong Aerial threat. But alas all our current wingers are very poor at crossing the ball.

Among our wing backs the only one that can cross is Aina.

However, if Chris convinces Salisu to play for Ghana let me be honest WAHALA deh. None of our CBs is as good as him.

If the NFF finally complete Ademola Lookman change of allegiance application then we have a good option who can cross the ball properly.

There are a lot IF's, so it's difficult to make projections.

Aina is the least crosser of the ball when accuracy is brought to the fore, even his long balls are the poorest. The last AFCON tourney is testament to this.

Looking at our fullbacks/Wingbacks,

The best crossers of the ball are:
Jamilu Collins,
Tyronne Ebuehi,
Zaidu Sanusi,
Ola Aina.

For players with the best long balls:
Zaidu Sanusi
Tyronne Ebuehi
Jamilu Collins,
Ola Aina.

Emphases are on accuracy

However, Aina offers the most offensive threat among our fullbacks, and has the best technique.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

He deserves a place at the bench at least

Apart from being selfish he impressed me at the afcon

Who would you sacrifice for him considering he does better from the left wing, and the team can't take more than 4wingers?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
ChrisKels:

Who would you sacrifice for him considering he does better from the left wing, and the team can't take more than 4wingers?

Hmmmm,this one hard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

What happened to uzoho ?

So we must stick with Okoye bedsuse we don’t have a world class GK like Mendy ?

I guess Burkina Faso Gabon capeverde GKs are all world class like mendy

Was Uzoho better than Okoye in the training For the coaching crew not to decide to use him?

Since we don't have world class like Mendy, then we have to stick with what we have on ground.

Are those three teams finalists? Abi Dem goal keepers no chop goals for the tournament?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
Meliforme:

Aina is the least crosser of the ball when accuracy is brought to the fore, even his long balls are the poorest. The last AFCON tourney is testament to this.

Jamilu Collins,
Tyronne Ebuehi,
Zaidu Sanusi,
Ola Aina.

Zaidu Sanusi
Tyronne Ebuehi
Jamilu Collins,
Ola Aina.

Emphases are on accuracy

However, Aina offers the most offensive threat among our fullbacks, and has the best technique.
ekong is also good in long balls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
do4luv14:

bros I had talk taya, yet many here had refuse to listen,

what had the goalkeeper trainer been teaching them, nobody will talk, if not for that voice, he would had caught the ball, he even got a hand to it out of reflex too,

now am beginning to think they are condemning him, not due to that goal. but his fine boy no pimples show on twitter
Your last paragraph no de on point at all.

People have been calling him out even before the tournament and before his show off on twitter, so how did the fine boy contribute to the bashing?

Regarding the second paragraph, I don't know of any of us here have been to the camp to know what the goalkeepers are being taught, if you know of anyone, do ask the person directly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
do4luv14:

bros I had talk taya, yet many here had refuse to listen,

what had the goalkeeper trainer been teaching them, nobody will talk, if not for that voice, he would had caught the ball, he even got a hand to it out of reflex too,

now am beginning to think they are condemning him, not due to that goal. but his fine boy no pimples show on twitter

The shot was not just a shot, it was well timed and taken, the ball bounced very close to the goal keeper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Hmmmm,this one hard

From these wingers; SiMoses, Kalu, Ejuke, Lookman, Musa, Chuks, Dennis and Amoo, my pick would be.

SiMoses and Lookman for the left wing

Chuks and Amoo(can also operate as an AM) for the right wing

Dennis for both left and right wing, and also as a cover for the centre forwards.

Kalu, Ejuke and Musa would be left out

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
do4luv14:
Many of us are so biased, our should I say sentimental towards Okoye as regard that goal, that nobody is saying anything about our defence giving the guy that space to play that shot,

worst still some here had behind to imagine the worsted case scenario, should he keep against Ghana

SMH
I don't understand the bolded

Should we line up 5 more players in the post plus him to be saving shots played from outside 18yards?

Please I'll like to understand what you are saying here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
lakesidepapa:

Was Uzoho better than Okoye in the training For the coaching crew not to decide to use the him?

Since we don't have world class like Mendy, then we have to stick with what we have on ground.

Are those three teams finalists? Abi Dem goal keepers no chop goals for the tournaments?

You think it’s by training ?

I am telling you about how good they are and the important saves they made you are asking me if they scored them or not

So Mendy self no chop goals abi ?

This is why many Nigerians do fail as a coach ,you will use a poor player because you haven’t seen the one as good as Messi

As a coach you believe in Okoye and you will continue using him because you haven’t seen a naija GK at mendy level

It’s clear that you watch only naija game at the afcon ,go and see saves Burkina Faso Malawi and Gabonese GK where making then you go shame for Maduka

So those GKs needs to make it to the finals before you will consider that they where good ,even Sierra Leone self wey comot for group stage people acknowledged their Gk performance

Smh

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

They might be too harsh on Okoye but they aren’t bias

Senegal and Egyptian defenders dey looseguard at times and their GK Dey save them ,not even ekuke type of shot like Tunisia own

The defense have been making things easy for Okoye at the start of the tournament ,so why can’t he make things easy for them ?

Did you even see the distance of that goal?
Please help me ask him that paragraph again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2022
Meliforme:

Jamilu Collins,
Tyronne Ebuehi,
Zaidu Sanusi,
Ola Aina.

Zaidu Sanusi
Tyronne Ebuehi
Jamilu Collins,
Ola Aina.

Emphases are on accuracy

I red Aina started his football career as a winger before he was converted to FB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2022
ChrisKels:

From these wingers; SiMoses, Kalu, Ejuke, Lookman, Musa, Chuks, Dennis and Amoo, my pick would be.

SiMoses and Lookman for the left wing

Chuks and Amoo(can also operate as an AM) for the right wing

Dennis for both left and right wing, and also as a cover for the centre forwards.

Kalu, Ejuke and Musa would be left out

My take is almost same with yours apart from amoo and ejuke

Amoo/ejuke will be 50/50 to me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
kingphilip:

Please help me ask him that paragraph again.

I like Okoye so much ,I defended him here at the afcon before that Tunisia game ,many peeps here wasn’t convinced with Okoye from the starting at the afcon

If na afcon qualifier we wan play for March I don’t mind having Okoye as the GK ,but Omo this one Na World Cup playoff oooo ,any mistake Na another 4 years again

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

My take is almost same with yours apart from amoo and ejuke

Amoo/ejuke will be 50/50 to me

Well, let's see how it goes, though I don't think the coaches will drop Ejuke now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
lakesidepapa:

I red Aina started his football career as a winger before he was converted to FB.

Really!

He is our best wingback.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
ChrisKels:

Well, let's see how it goes, though I don't think the coaches will drop Ejuke now.

They won’t drop him at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
ekong is also good in long balls

Yes, he is good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You think it’s by training ?

I am telling you about how good they are and the important saves they made you are asking me if they scored them or not

So Mendy self no chop goals abi ?

This is why many Nigerians do fail as a coach ,you will use a poor player because you haven’t seen the one as good as Messi

As a coach you believe in Okoye and you will continue using him because you haven’t seen a naija GK at mendy level

It’s clear that you watch only naija game at the afcon ,go and see saves Burkina Faso Malawi and Gabonese GK where making then you go shame for Maduka

So those GKs needs to make it to the finals before you will consider that they where good ,even Sierra Leone self wey comot for group stage people acknowledged their Gk performance

Smh

Oga do you know more than the coaching crew??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
mostob:
I agree ... Sadiq is better than Onuachu...pace, dribbling,link up...

Sadiq cannot lace Onuachu boots and will not get on to the bench of Genk. There is a reason why , wobbly legs Sadiq remains in the Segunda Division. It's very simple he is poor quality.

In a much better and more competitive league from 20 games Onuachu has scored 13 goals.

Let's be objective and not emotive.

Sadiq will struggle in English league one , he is languid, slow, although big and tall he has no physicality and doesn't have aerial domination. He should not be in the SE.

But there is a overwhelming penchant and preoccupation here with former youth football players. Youth football is not senior football.

That same preferential bias is replicated in the NFF. Although that's a reflection of the long standing custom and tradition of youth players being sponsored by NFF officials and as such Godfatherism is alive and kicking.

Onuachu and Sadiq are not on the same level by any stretch of the imagination.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
lakesidepapa:

Actually Aina plays left sided Midfield as well as RB and LB as well as on both wings.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2022
lakesidepapa:

The shot was not just a shot, it was well timed and taken, the ball bounced very close to the goal keeper.

Thank you , that bounce is what change the direction of the ball,and fool Maduka, if not he would had caught it, heck he even got a hand to it to deflect it, bit not strong enough, and too late
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/02/10/huesca-coach-hints-at-bleak-future-for-nwakali-at-the-club-i-want-players-with-value/

Food don set for you and komekn

But if he really arrived late he was wrong ,but that shouldn’t mean his contract should be terminated ,a little fine should be okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
lakesidepapa:

Oga do you know more than the coaching crew??

I don’t have the power as the coaching crew because I don’t work there

There are something’s I know more than the coaching crew at the eagles

You can take this to the bank

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kog45:
We are going to need Onyeka though I would have prefer Etebo but I doubt his fitness against Ghana and push Aribo upfront.. I don't know what is wrong with Chuckwueze....am seeing Ghana technical crew working on our Tunisia match.We need different approach against Ghana.
Chukwueze is recovering from the effects of the injury he had last season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2022
kingphilip:

I don't understand the bolded

Should we line up 5 more players in the post plus him to be saving shots played from outside 18yards?

Please I'll like to understand what you are saying here.

if you don't understand den sorry ooo

it's English I typed there, not my pidgin wey dey floor Andrew cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

Sadiq cannot lace Onuachu boots and will not get on to the bench of Genk. There is a reason why , wobbly legs Sadiq remains in the Segunda Division. It's very simple he is poor quality.

In a much better and more competitive league from 20 games Onuachu has scored 13 goals.

Let's be objective and not emotive.

Sadiq will struggle in English league one , he is languid, slow, although big and tall he has no physicality and doesn't have aerial domination. He should not be in the SE.

But there is a overwhelming penchant and preoccupation here with former youth football players. Youth football is not senior football.

That same preferential bias is replicated in the NFF. Although that's a reflection of the long standing custom and tradition of youth players being sponsored by NFF officials and as such Godfatherism is alive and kicking.

Onuachu and Sadiq are not on the same level by any stretch of the imagination.

Sadiq is not better than onuachu ,but saying sadiq won’t get at the bench at genk is pure trash

Sadiq won’t play at segunda forever ,Sadiq will move
to a better league soon ,just watch and see

(1) (2) (3) ... (12615) (12616) (12617) (12618) (12619) (12620) (12621) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cecco90, Amedino99(m), elyte89, Philosopher1979, Christology(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.