Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11661536 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12617) (12618) (12619) (12620) (12621) (12622) (12623) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 6:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Ighalo is performing and Chris is dissing him ,while jibola adebola is not performing while Chris is hailing him

Definition of no be juju be that grin

Nigerians have a problem with any player that’s 30 and above

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
he is more recognized and respected in Nigerian football than nwakali

With the way it is now
Nwakali and Ighalo have no business in the super eagles

Both players need focus on their club football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You all or me ?

He had a good game

First Nigeria player to score at the fifa club World Cup

Good game with no goal, no assist? Not even a single shot on goal or on target? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
13large:

Nigerians have a problem with any player that’s 30 and above
Balogun is above 30 and I don't have problem with him playing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mujtahida:
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!

You guys are not talking about Shehu Abdullahi again oo

I think the last Afcon has shown has utterly irrelevant he is to the team.

Shehu should be converted to a number 10 as he will surely do well there grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
ChrisKels:

Good game with no goal, no assist? Not even a single shot on goal or on target? grin

He had a good game man

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
he is more recognized and respected in Nigerian football than nwakali

Youth football, a big no. National team, for now, yes, just as he is also more recognized than Aribo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

He had a good game man

The stats say otherwise bro grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
for me our strikers clinicality rating goes thus
1. Osimehn 80%
2. Onuachu 75%
3. ighalo 65% (thou I would have rate him around 70%-75% because ighalo got some mad finishes but baba is getting old and waist is getting stive)
4. Awoniyi 60%
5. sodiq 55%
I won't add dessers because am not sure if he will make the next squad wink

You failed to mention Dennis ❓

If I say a player is clinical and has excellent finishing then it will be reflected in goals and the extent to which he drives his team forward. It will not be ASSUMPTIVE.

Scoring in the EPL is not the same as any other league this is established.

Wheh you get older in football you may lose some pace but your football intelligence for top players should actually increase and so will thier finishing.

Why did Manchester United pay crazy £££ for Ighalo ❓to motivate their players?

Aboubakar is in the same league as Ighalo but has scored less goals. He is literally the same age as Ighalo. After his exploits in the AFCON he is now wanted by a duplicity of EPL clubs. But we have no respect for Ighalo here.

Osimhen is not a top striker in Seria A yet, there are still many questions for £75 million striker. I repeat yet before you say it's hatred.

10 goals last season in Seria A after 24 games is not outstanding for a £75 million striker, he was not in the top 25. Nonetheless, he got injured for two months with a shoulder injury, so he probably would have done better.

Meanwhile if that was Harry Kane that had moved to Napoli and scored just 10 in 24 the larger majority of people here would be calling him HARRY BIG FLOP.

It's the new season 2021/22 unfortunately he got injured and missed a lot of games maybe 10, I don't really know. But it's still 6 goals from 14 games, I don't know if you call that prolific ?. I think it's good but not particularly outstanding.

So when I say that our top strikers are Ighalo, Dennis and Osimhen with none of them being COMPREHENSIVELY the best out of the three.

That's my objective view but many will call it HATE here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

If I say a player is clinical and has excellent finishing then it will be reflected in goals and the extent to which he drives his team forward. It will not be ASSUMPTIVE.

Wheh you get older in football you may lose some pace but your football intelligence for top players should actually increase and so will thier finishing.

Aboubakar is in the same league as Ighalo but has scored less goals. He is literally the same age as Ighalo. After his exploits in the AFCON he is now wanted by a duplicity of EPL clubs. But we have no respect for Ighalo here.

Osimhen is not a top striker in Seria A yet, there are still many questions for £75 million striker. I repeat yet before you say it's hatred.

10 goals last season in Seria A after 24 games is not outstanding for a £75 million striker, he was not in the top 25. Nonetheless, he got injured for two months with a shoulder injury, so he probably would have done better.

Meanwhile if that was Harry Kane that had moved to Napoli and scored just 10 in 24 the larger majority of people here would be calling him HARRY BIG FLOP.

It's the new season 2021/22 unfortunately he got injured and missed a lot of games maybe 10, I don't really know. But it's still 6 goals from 14 games, I don't know if you call that prolific ?. I think it's good but not particularly outstanding.

So when I say that our top strikers are Ighalo, Dennis and Osimhen with none of them being COMPREHENSIVELY the best out of the three.

Dennis is not a striker. He is a winger who can play as a striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
ChrisKels:

The stats say otherwise bro grin

Go and watch man grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

Ighalo is older than aboubakar ,aboubakar just clocked 30 this January while ighalo will be 33 By June

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
I will put Country first and play my part to ensure we go to WC.

Amaju quoting Ighalo.

Lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
Well if ur prayer is for Iggy not to be in our national team..u re on a long thing cool

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
For this Accra fes leg. If VicMo dey now, i go chill. Cos two pks don sure from him alone. grin

Im sure our boiz will win this first leg. Better to die there than bring an uncomfortable and permutative spirit to Abuja. For 90mins. Stadium go just empty ni.

Ndidi sef Should score. Partey go use shot scatter our keeper from long range. So it has to be a better keeper in goal. We can't pretend this is a simple qualifier. Cos if it goes our way, we'd even forget the misdeeds. But if we fail to qualify, hmmmm. Person go dig up 2016 clip or info of how one person was never good, etc.

Luckily, as far as squad depth is, we have upper hand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 7:13pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Shehu should be converted to a number 10 as he will surely do well there grin

Gernot Rohr's favorite son.

When Rohr was there the narrative was Federal Character..but when Keshi made controversial call-ups it was bribery.

Skin color really does a lot to our perception.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
Wait, so Ghana football is financially in shambles. National coaches(all cadet teams) haven't been paid in ages, and
Same for sport officials. How are they quiet. Egunje dey sustain? Even refs in GPL too?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
ChrisKels:

Youth football, a big no. National team, for now, yes, just as he is also more recognized than Aribo grin
recognition? Oya what about current rating in Europe? Burgos fc say dem no even wan buy again cheesy cheesy cheesy

Latest team interested in nwakali is Alex songs current club in djibouti cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:18pm On Feb 10, 2022
caprikon:

Gernot Rohr's favorite son.

When Rohr was there the narrative was Federal Character..but when Keshi made controversial call-ups it was bribery.

Skin color really does a lot to our perception.

Keshi own too plenty

Shehu is a regular player for his club at least

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
elyte89:
Well if ur prayer is for Iggy not to be in our national team..u re on a long thing cool
iggy na snr man na

His presence will be a big boast to the team unlike one xavi and iniesta wanna be who looks like smiggle on braids wink cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/02/10/newcastle-united-dangles-100000-a-week-deal-at-super-eagles-afcon-star-moses-simon/
Them wan kill person, Simon for left and saint maxima for right, EPL defenders go die for injury oooo.
Both have skills and da dribble alot, but will they be able to bring gaols to their game

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
ChrisKels:

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/02/10/huesca-coach-hints-at-bleak-future-for-nwakali-at-the-club-i-want-players-with-value/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
Eizzy003:

Them wan kill person, Simon for left and saint maxima for right, EPL defenders go die for injury oooo.
Both have skills and da dribble alot, but will they be able to bring gaols to their game
if the rumour is true he should join Newcastle summer. Leeds United are interested in him too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mujtahida:
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!

You guys are not talking about Shehu Abdullahi again oo

I think the last Afcon has shown has utterly irrelevant he is to the team.
any coach that invite him again should be sack
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

I respect your submission and I focused more on the number 9 option and am not sure Dennis will be listed as one of the top 9s all the same I respect your view my honourable South gate wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
You're talking as if people just woke up and started criticizing Okoye. He has been unconvincing in front of goal for some time now it's not the AFCON that is making people complain.

Sorry not matter the angle he has no excuse not saving that ball because it was direct at him and he could see the ball meaning he had enough time to adjust to the flight of the ball. Even Maduka knows he messed up you could see in his facial expressions.

Akpeyi was not sidelined primarily because of the Mahrez goal. His shaky performances from 2017-2018 made people scared of using him. Plus Uzoho was always first choice before he got injured months to the 2019 AFCON.

Every goalkeeper makes mistakes even the great ones but at least they make enough important saves to make you forgive their initial mistake. Like I said before I'm not saying Okoye should turn to Mendy overnight he should just make the normal basic saves and that Tunisian player's shot was very saveable.

do4luv14:

you can make your examples without bringing Donu into it, And I want you to study that goal very well, from not just one angle, but from every possible angle, and tell me what you observe,

can you honestly tell me that Donu had not cost Italy a major championship, had not made one mistake that is similar /worst to that of Maduka

Did Italy discard him

Look at Akpeyi for Example, look at his club form, then look at his national form, did he inspire confidence in his club, or he is as shaky there, as he is with SE,

why sideline Akpeyi because of that Mahrez goal,,

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/02/10/huesca-coach-hints-at-bleak-future-for-nwakali-at-the-club-i-want-players-with-value/
emekus e be like say anytime wey you wake up the first News wey you dey search na which level of obscurity nwakali matter don reach and anytime you see news wey Sweet you e dey give you goosebumps grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
I respect your submission and I focused more on the number 9 option and am not sure Dennis will be listed as on of the top 9s all the same I respect your view my honourable South gate wink
dennis is not a 9
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
cheesy

All of a sudden his hype men no Dey come online constantly anymore
TFLASHOGEE:
emekus e be like say anytime wey you wake up the first News wey you dey search na which level or obscurity nwakali matter don reach and anytime you see news wey Sweet you e dey give you goosebumps grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
humility33:

He is right
There are some peeps here even more intelligent at some things than some members of the coaching crew

No one has the monopoly of wisdom or even know better simply because they've got the opportunity to showcase their abilities

Yes he may be right, to you anyway.

I repeat again, only the coaching crew knw the reason why they had to bench Uzoho for Okoye, I don't want to know if A is better than B or Vice Versa, that's my point.

Sefini.!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:41pm On Feb 10, 2022
Eberechi eze u better follow lookman steps oooooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 7:41pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

My best take here is fc Zurich then Esperance follows
yes iwuala. I really want to see him develop

(1) (2) (3) ... (12617) (12618) (12619) (12620) (12621) (12622) (12623) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mank1234(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.