Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,766 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11965277 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12628) (12629) (12630) (12631) (12632) (12633) (12634) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:50pm On Feb 11, 2022
Alhassan Yusuf currently in action in Belgium his team are second on the table

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2022
Raphael Onyedika scored today

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2022
mostob:
hmm... because of his club form? I get...but that doesn't mean he should be discarded though.

With good form he is in for selection

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:53pm On Feb 11, 2022
komekn:

What else should you do.

The basis of selection is your consistent, outstanding, top level performances in your club and league, nothing else.

No sentiment.
Of course,I knew you would jump in... Lookman is one of your borough boys.
You have still not responded to my last mention or are you ashamed to own up to your falsehood
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:53pm On Feb 11, 2022
andrewbaba44:

He hasn’t play much big games as he only arrived last season ,this journalist self no try

Maybe if he had play against inter juve Milan clubs line 4 times and he didn’t score we would understand

I think the journalist was just being straightforward and not giving any excuses.

Victor cost £75 million plus, last season he scored 10 goals after 24 games in Seria A. Yes ,he got injured and couldn't play a full season. But when people pay World class money for a player they expect world class performances. The reality is he hadnt lived up to expectations.

It's a new season 6 goals from 14 games is not bad, but when you put in the transfer fee and expectations.

Will you honestly say he has done enough.

Many will want to make exceptions for their darling player who can do no wrong. But that's just favouritism.

The reality is if he doesn't start putting in figures commensurate with his huge transfer fee. Then the criticism is going to increase much more.

Lukaku went from Manchester United to Inter for £68 million. He was the second highest goal scorer in Seria A, just behind Ronaldo , last season.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2022
Danielnino00:

The inclusion of Lookman will make it for Onyekuru to return to her team at this time, if we are to use club form as the criteria for selection..

Onyekuru has a lot of talents, but in afraid we may never get to enjoy him much in the national team...
This Lookman better not flop. To me, nothing special in that guy. I will like him to prove me wrong sha ..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
What happened to Erica? Heard she went to med sch or sth.

In comparison to playing in the WNBA, going to medical school will pay her much better..
It wasn't until the Becky Hammon salary story made news that I bothered to find out how much they pay in the WNBA...The highest paid player there isn't earning up to 300k per season... That's damn poor .. That's why almost all WNBA players play overseas during the off season to earn more cash ..

Meanwhile,there hasn't really been more update on the status of her sisters playing for Nigeria...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2022
andrewbaba44:

With good form he is in for selection

Dude should just go back to Turkey. Onyekuru on his day is a very very good wing forward.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:57pm On Feb 11, 2022
Danielnino00:
I get that people are excited about the inclusion of Lookman into the team, but let's chill...
His career stats isn't really better than most of our wingers that some of us love to criticize for dribbling too much or not scoring enough..
Sure,he can add something new to the team, but anybody trying to make our present wingers look small side by side with Lookman is being delusional....
Thank God I'm not the only one not getting carried away.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2022
mostob:
Thank God I'm not the only one not getting carried away.

Out of the 5 goals he has scored this season, 2 came in the EFL cup... We know a certain moniker that won't hesitate to remind us that scoring in the EFL cup is no big deal because of the quality of the opposition anytime Iheanacho scores cheesy

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:07pm On Feb 11, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I like this your list

You don throway sadiq and olayinka put Dennis and lookman cheesy cheesy

I like the fact that I have seen someone who also rate bonke .

He has been playing in the Swedish and Norwegian league for about 10 year's. He then was released i.e. contract not renewed and he goes to relegation bound team in the French League in 2022.

Although he is a DM l find it very strange that in 10 seasons he never scored one goal in the league.

These are not the attributes of a player that one will call outstanding.

Maybe you know something more than the clubs he played for in the lowly Swedish league. Please educate me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:10pm On Feb 11, 2022
komekn:

I think the journalist was just being straightforward and not giving any excuses.

Victor cost £75 million plus, last season he scored 10 goals after 24 games in Seria A. Yes ,he got injured and couldn't play a full season. But when people pay World class money for a player they expect world class performances. The reality is he hadnt lived up to expectations.

It's a new season 6 goals from 14 games is not bad, but when you put in the transfer fee and expectations.

Will you honestly say he has done enough.

Many will want to make exceptions for their darling player who can do no wrong. But that's just favouritism.

The reality is if he doesn't start putting in figures commensurate with his huge transfer fee. Then the criticism is going to increase much more.

Lukaku went from Manchester United to Inter for £68 million. He was the second highest goal scorer in Seria A, just behind Ronaldo , last season.

It’s not victor fault he got injured

Wetin bring lukaku here ?

Why can’t you tell us how lukaku is yet to play as a 100 million epl player ? Mind you I rate lukaku as world class

Osimhen hasn’t done badly for Napoli ,trust me ,Dat boy Na hustler ,if he managed to play 35 games last season at least he would have given us 15 goals at worst which is just 5 difference from his 10 goals

I no Dey call red blue okay

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:14pm On Feb 11, 2022
Danielnino00:

Out of the 5 goals he has scored this season, 2 came in the EFL cup... We know a certain moniker that won't hesitate to remind us that scoring in the EFL cup is no big deal because of the quality of the opposition anytime Iheanacho scores cheesy

In the FA Cup you may get a poor team 5th tier league club, you might get a very good team from EPL. But it can give a wrong impression of quality when the opposition is weak. Also quite a few teams put out a weaker team because they want to concentrate on the league.

So I prefer a level playing field where the opposition is of a minimum standard. So I tend to predominantly look at goals scored in your league. Which gives a better insight into the quality and capacity of the player.

If you think of that's prejudice, thats your choice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2022
andrewbaba44:

It’s not victor fault he got injured

Wetin bring lukaku here ?

Why can’t you tell us how lukaku is yet to play as a 100 million epl player ? Mind you I rate lukaku as world class

Osimhen hasn’t done badly for Napoli ,trust me ,Dat boy Na hustler ,if he managed to play 35 games last least he would have given us 15 goals at worst which is just 5 difference from his 10 goals

I no Dey call red blue okay

I am trying to highlight the implications on expectations with a high transfer fee. This is very normal in football.

You are being speculative, do you know injury is part of football. If you start getting injury every season they will tag you injury prone too. That will bring your value in down too.

I think he would have probably got 15 goals or more , but it's still speculative.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:25pm On Feb 11, 2022
Danielnino00:

grin grin dude na comic relief.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2022
komekn:

He has been playing in the Swedish and Norwegian league for about 10 year's. He then was released i.e. contract not renewed and he goes to relegation bound team in the French League in 2022.

Although he is a DM l find it very strange that in 10 seasons he never scored one goal in the league.

These are not the attributes of a player that one will call outstanding.

Maybe you know something more than the clubs he played for in the lowly Swedish league. Please educate me.
But your Ogbomosos Akpa akpro get all the qualities?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2022
komekn:

I am trying to highlight the implications on expectations with a high transfer fee. This is very normal in football.

You are being speculative, do you know injury is part of football. If you start getting injury every season they will tag you injury prone too. That will bring your value in down too.

I think he would have probably got 15 goals or more , but it's still speculative.

Osimhen transfer fee is not 75 million ,that’s a Napoli fraud okay

Dude costed 45M

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2022
mostob:
This Lookman better not flop. To me, nothing special in that guy. I will like him to prove me wrong sha ..

Better at the moment than the Ejuke and Chukwueze we currently have.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
maidaboi:
Raphael Onyedika scored today
and nwakali the midfield maestro never get assist this season cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2022
mostob:
Of course,I knew you would jump in... Lookman is one of your borough boys.
You have still not responded to my last mention or are you ashamed to own up to your falsehood

It's not every nonsensical proposition without substance do I respond to. As well as indulge misguided youthful exuberance.

But to show you the error of your ways and maybe you might just learn something, as it's obvious your limited life experience, has not taught you.

However, the application suffered a long delay due to the player's inability to sort out his Nigerian passport aa well as his failure to provide a written request for a change of association in line with Fifa regulations

I really don't know the validity of this statement supposedly coming from the NFF. If it is, it's shameful open display of crass incompetence or something even more sinister, wilful intended to delay.

The written request is an administrative formality confirmation it will take you 1 minute to type. Giving your express wish to change your national team allegiance. Getting your passport is a day job.

A competent national football administrative body. Will simply type it out in a standard format ( you should have this format on file) you email the player to sign and return e- signature should suffice. But even if original are required first class UK is next day recorded and signed it costs £2/3.

The passport talk is just hilarious nonsense. You should know I know a few of our Nigerian origin players. Who have played for Nigeria.

The NFF facilitated they simply went to Nigeria High Commission, Northumberland Ave. London. Sat in the High Commissioner office, and within less than two hours, Nigeria passport was in their hands.

I am really surprised how full and dopey some people are to believe this codswallop. That's if it is really TRUE a statement from the NFF

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
Beloved03:

He isn't better than Chukwueze at the moment.. Prove me wrong...
It's just the excitement of having a new player that's doing some of you...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:13am On Feb 12, 2022
komekn:

Last year I was in Nigeria for 7 month's over three trips. I don't live in Banana Island.

I am not from a rich extended family and I know about poverty. I will not go into details on the number of people I have to help family and friends. That's between me and my God.

Do you know that there are some people if I did not pay Thier medical bills they will simply die.

Do you know there graduate in Lagos that earn 40k a month. What can that do for anybody even a child.

People be can extremely unreasonable and pretentious here.

I understand very much. I'm surprised peeps would come online and act like all these stuff aren't happening. We can only hope for better days for the nation. It has near its end.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:20am On Feb 12, 2022
codemaniacs:

States above the River Niger and river benue were meant to be poor.

So don't mention states in northern Nigeria because they were originally meant to be poor if not for Ironsi that abolished regional system of government and changed it to unitary system of govt most states in Northern Nigeria won't have access to the oil money and other taxes gotten from Southern Nigeria..

If the Amer:icans remove funds today, then terrorism will end in Nigeria.. because the more states that have IDPs the more "foreign agents" will spread across Nigeria in the name of charity..

Lol. What do you mean meant to be poor? NO HUMAN WAS BORN TO SUFFER! Get that straight. I bet if you was Swiss, you'll believe you were meant to be poor cos Switzerland ain't have natural resources. All these states above the Niger and benue produce alotta foodstuffs and grains for the nation. Get your facts.

Stop cappin conspiracy theories and actin tribalistic. I'm a student of history. Don't involve General Ironsi in this.

Lol. You believe IDPs are foreign agents lol. I just hope you never get in a middle of a conflict zone. The insurgency is a result of the failure of the Nigerian government to crush these rebels in the first instance. The Maitasine were crushed in Kano by the military government in the 1980s within weeks. If it was a "Democrat" government like the present dispensation, it would be politicised. Y'all playin politics with lives of Nigerian citizens.

Damn, we derailed much. Let's stop the argument.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:23am On Feb 12, 2022
chrisooblog:
nien.

trying to learn though picking up little bits from youtube.

Freut mich. Wünsche dir das beste. Wish you successes, bruder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:29am On Feb 12, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Lol. What do you mean meant to be poor? NO HUMAN WAS BORN TO SUFFER! Get that straight. I bet if you was Swiss, you'll believe you were meant to be poor cos Switzerland ain't have natural resources. All these states above the Niger and benue produce alotta foodstuffs and grains for the nation. Get your facts.

Stop cappin conspiracy theories and actin tribalistic. I'm a student of history. Don't involve General Ironsi in this.

Lol. You believe IDPs are foreign agents lol. I just hope you never get in a middle of a conflict zone. The insurgency is a result of the failure of the Nigerian government to crush these rebels in the first instance. The Maitasine were crushed in Kano by the military government in the 1980s within weeks. If it was a "Democrat" government like the present dispensation, it would be politicised. Y'all playin politics with lives of Nigerian citizens.

dis your submission gives me joy grin grin grin God bless you my comrade wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 3:35am On Feb 12, 2022
I want to ask a question. Nigeria was supposed to present 28 players for AFCON but went with 27. Should we have medaled would they have given the last medal to Ighalo who did not participate?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 3:40am On Feb 12, 2022
komekn:

Don’t mind them bro. It was the same people that were trivializing “Tammy Abraham” debut 15 league goals in the Epl that is here giving excuses for Big 0. Personally, I believe that osimehn football transcends his goals. He puts in effort, high press Defenders and is very hardworking. He reminds me of a “young drogba” But, he needs to start scoring at important games like drogba did at Chelsea. Personally, I prefer a striker to score 15 important big games/match winners vs scoring 40 goals against small teams. One thing for sure, osimehn, ndidi and Dennis are our closest to a world class player

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:09am On Feb 12, 2022
Welcome!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 5:03am On Feb 12, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

people who prefer to feed herbivorous animals before feeding humans are meant to be poor because they haven't fed themselves first.. Herbivorous animals and lack of rivers cause desertification which leads to poor soil and inability to farm and inability to farm leads to agriculture poverty which leads to famine and starvation especially when they don't feed the animals in a ranch or confined place...

States above river Niger and river benue have been affected by desertification and they can't farm... states like benue and Jos sell their foodstuffs to other northern states and not the nation..

I study reality and not his-story...

the Insurgency is a result of govt showing support to the insur:gents to spite southern Nigerians...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 5:03am On Feb 12, 2022
Beloved03:

He plays Simon's wing not Ejuke and Chukwueze's and Amoo's wing..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 5:20am On Feb 12, 2022
codemaniacs:

He plays Simon's wing not Ejuke and Chukwueze's and Amoo's wing..
He can play on both RW and lw. By playing at the best league in the world and being in form, he is already ranked higher than Simon, ejuke, onyekuru, musa and olayinka.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 5:32am On Feb 12, 2022
13large:

He can play on both RW and lw. By playing at the best league in the world and being in form, he is already ranked higher than Simon, ejuke, onyekuru, musa and olayinka.

EPL is not the best league in the world.... it is the european league with the highest rating in Europe... just because someone plays there does not make them better than other players... You can't compare the opportunities someone who was born in England will get in England compared to people born outside England..

If Lookman was better than Simon, Leeds will be after him... samuel kalu just joined Watford does that make him better than simon, onyekuru, olayinka, ejuke

(1) (2) (3) ... (12628) (12629) (12630) (12631) (12632) (12633) (12634) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.