Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,716 members, 7,862,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11939280 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12630) (12631) (12632) (12633) (12634) (12635) (12636) ... (16349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:54am On Feb 12, 2022
charlesemeka85:
emotional ones with over pride go tell u say we no need am wink cheesy

Dude is not interested in naija self

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:55am On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Dude is not interested in naija self
same as lookman before grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joezinho:

He plays as a DLP in some games in rangers and even in nigeria. So i am wondering why they said he can't play as a DLP.

I think I will like to come in here. When we talk about deep-lying playmaker, to the best of my knowledge, it has to do with the role than the position.

I will list some players in this era who I consider ideal deep-lying playmakers.

Granit Xhaka
Thiago Alcantara
Jorginho

The thing about these players has to do with their natural style. Even when they venture forward, they still play in a particular manner. They like the short passing game.

One thing about them is that they like to operate from deep. They are comfortable playing for a long time close to the defenders and like to build attacks from the back with their passes.

So when these guys write Aribo as a deep-lying playmaker, I wonder if they are referring to him operating in that manner. That is sitting deep and using passes to dictate play.

I might be wrong because I have not watched much of Aribo but in the few I saw, he is not the player that likes to sit and play deep for a long time. Offensive play is a big part of his game.

I will like others to add. Do you see Aribo as a player that plays like Xhaka or Jorginho?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
charlesemeka85:
If possible mk nff reach out to Bournemouth’s billing again

Dude hv been doing very well in the championship this current season

Ayam in my house eating white soup with fufu so come n beat me tongue

He would make DT Denmark team with his present form..so no need to waste time cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
elyte89:

He would make DT Denmark team with his present form..so no need to waste time cool

He would before this form self

They dropped him for players he has been better than even in the same championship
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I think I will like to come in here. When we talk about deep-lying playmaker, to the best of my knowledge, it has to do with the role than the position.

I will list some players in this era who I consider ideal deep-lying playmakers.

Granit Xhaka
Thiago Alcantara
Jorginho

The thing about these players has to do with their natural style. Even when they venture forward, they still play in a particular manner. They like the short passing game.

One thing about them is that they like to operate from deep. They are comfortable playing for a long time close to the defenders and like to build attacks from the back with their passes.

So when these guys write Aribo as a deep-lying playmaker, I wonder if they are referring to him operating in that manner. That is sitting deep and using passes to dictate play.

I might be wrong because I have not watched much of Aribo but in the few I saw, he is not the player that likes to sit and play deep for a long time. Offensive play is a big part of his game.

I will like others to add. Do you see Aribo as a player that plays like Xhaka or Jorginho?
surprised you no mention nwakali among those you consider to be dlp cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
charlesemeka85:
If possible mk nff reach out to Bournemouth’s billing again

Dude hv been doing very well in the championship this current season

Ayam in my house eating white soup with fufu so come n beat me tongue

I do not have plans to go to Finland anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
charlesemeka85:
same as lookman before grin

Lookman cannot make England team ,same can’t be said of billing for Denmark

The difference is clear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
charlesemeka85:
surprised you no mention nwakali among those you consider to be dlp cheesy

I prefer an addition to the discussion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:05pm On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Lookman cannot make England team ,same can’t be said of billing for Denmark

The difference is clear
billing wey Dey vex say dem no carry am go euro?

Even em no Dey in good terms with some of the danish fa members as well as the national team coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
charlesemeka85:
billing wey Dey vex say dem no carry am go euro?

Even em no Dey in good terms with some of the danish fa members as well as the national team coach

That will be the reason he will be left out of their squad ,not for footballing reasons .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

That will be the reason he will be left out of their squad ,not for footballing reasons .
is because he has always been overlooked that caused the riff. Even last season when Bournemouth were in the epl he was snubbed for a then championship player in brentford

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
charlesemeka85:
you get time to reply pple wey body Dey pepper all the time for my boi case cheesy

I dare Eguavoen to start Nwakali against Ghana and see what happens. Anyone who understands football would have noticed Nwakali's game. Nobody is saying he is not skilful. It's the work off the ball and the overall energy that is missing from his game. Let Eguavoen start him against Ghana, so we can all just close this matter once and for all.

It's funny Eguavoen is starting Nwakali ahead of Onyeka.

Onyeka so bad yet he is playing in the epl week in week out.

Nwakali is so good, he is guarding his skills on the bench of a second tier mid table team in Spain..

Nwakali is average….in fact he is worse than average….

He played two games and was average at best….(that’s me being kind)..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joezinho:

I dare Eguavoen to start Nwakali against Ghana and see what happens. Anyone who understands football would have noticed Nwakali's game. Nobody is saying he is not skilful. It's the work off the ball and the overall energy that is missing from his game. Let Eguavoen start him against Ghana, so we can all just close this matter once and for all.

Nwakali is so good, he is guarding his skills on the bench of a second tier mid table team in Spain..

if nwakali is average that means aribo and co are world class na

Nwakali is below average

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2022
codemaniacs:

Majority of Nigerians have access and can afford quality food daily...

KFC and some other restaurants are foreign owned restaurants...

Nigerian owned restaurants are cheaper...

smallscale restaurants are cheaper and affordable..

at least 12 years ago when I was in University, I spent less than ₦700 in total on 3 square meals daily..

there are restaurants where you can spend less than ₦700 per day and eat 3 square high quality meals ..

It seems you are not in Nigeria again. 700 Naira is not enough for three square meals. It is very very expensive Now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:58pm On Feb 12, 2022
charlesemeka85:
when I tell you guys that the hate for kids born in the diaspora is real here una go say I be as****licker

We are suppose to be happy that a great addition as lookman is in our disposal now but to few here they are just pained to see another British born player in the mix

The only 2 wingers based on current form that I won’t drop for lookman in the current eagles set up is Simon and Dennis, others lookman is better than them based on current form

You're being petty again as usual...The same attitude you displayed when people were voicing concern over Okoye before the AFCON... After his famous blunder, you lost your voice...
It's only in your head that people hate foreign borns...

Based on current form, Lookman isn't better than Chukwueze... Chuks has scored in the laliga,champions league and Copa de Rey this season.. 6 goals and one assist in total compared to Lookman's 5 goals and 1 assists despite playing fewer games...

Let's see Lookman in action in the GWG first before we conclude that he is better than our current wingers..... Okoye is playing in a top league but is delivering a disasterclass every matchday for the super eagles

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Most people here don’t hate abroad born players here so calm down

The few people that are against lookman is because of that our Warri guy in the Uk ,the way he talks down on naija born ,nothing else

How many people hate Ekong balogun ebuehi ? They where all born abroad and they are loved by many here

And for you ,anything wey be abroad good to you ,when they where telling you Maduka Okoye was shaky you Dey see am as hate but you later kept quiet

Bro, nobody is against Lookman at all.. we all know that he is a quality player and would be a good addition to the team.. The problem is that some folks are trying to make our present wingers look poor by saying Lookman is far better than them, which is simply not true if you compare their stats...

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joezinho:

As far as I am concerned, this is just a rant and attack.

Football has passed the stage of players in a better league. Strategy and tactics are crucial to starting a lineup.

As for the energy you are talking about, a simple positional understanding can sort a lot. If he relies on his strengths. That is, using his passing skills to unlock defenses, he would not need to run too much to defend effectively.

Saying Nwakali was average is you not being honest. He was well above average against Guinea Bissau. Learn to analyse without interests or sentiments. Advice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
Danielnino00:

Bro, nobody is against Lookman at all.. we all know that he is a quality player and would be a good addition to the team.. The problem is that some folks are trying to make our present wingers look poor by saying Lookman is far better than them, which is simply not true if you compare their stats...

You are right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joezinho:

By the way, no need making this an Aribo-Ndidi-Onyeka debate. The roles desired will decide who the coach picks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:05pm On Feb 12, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Football has passed the stage of players in a better league. Strategy and tactics are crucial to starting a lineup.

As for the energy you are talking about, a simple positional understanding can sort a lot. If he relies on his strengths. That is, using his passing skills to unlock defenses, he would not need to run too much to defend effectively.

Saying Nwakali was average is you not being honest. He was well above average against Guinea Bissau. Learn to analyse without interests or sentiments. Advice.

Nwakali above average against guinea Bissau ?

You cap nonsense with confidence always

How many players where even above average that day self grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:07pm On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Nwakali above average against guinea Bissau ?

You cap nonsense with confidence always

How many players where even above average that day self grin

He was above average. If the players took his chances, he would have nailed an assist or two. That is not Nwakali's fault that players did not take the chances he created.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

He was above average. If the players took his chances, he would have nailed an assist or two. That is not Nwakali's fault that players did not take the chances he created.

He was not above average

Even almost the whole team where average but Nwakali was above average ?

He no give assist he say e no give assist

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

grin grin His strengths which are his passing skills to unlock defenses has yielded 0 assists and 0 goals this season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

He was not above average

Even almost the whole team where average but Nwakali was above average ?

He no give assist he say e no give assist

I have made my point as clear as possible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Granit Xhaka
Thiago Alcantara
Jorginho

No. He doesn't. But does Nwakali play like Jorginho or Pirlo? He has great trapping skills but does he have great tackling skills, vision, and positional awareness ? These are extremely important skills for a DLP..

Andrea Pirlo, Jorginho and Yaya Toure for Barca did great with it. . Pirlo was the one that gave true understanding to the role, and the devastation it could be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
Karlovych:
grin grin His strengths which are his passing skills to unlock defenses has yielded 0 assists and 0 goals this season.

I repeat you can not blame a player that creates chances. Nwakali's job was to create chances and he did.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:13pm On Feb 12, 2022
fabyom:
Okoye/Uzoho

Aina Ekong Omeruo Sanusi

Ndidi Aribo

Chuz Dennis Simon

Oshimen

Ghana-Naija is about who wants it more.

Dennis can use both feet and dribbles better than Nacho.

Welcome Lookman!

I think Nacho should play as a striker. Maybe coming on for Osi!

Ndidi and Aribo partnership should not be changed for anything!

Dennis does better when he drives from the flanks.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:13pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joezinho:

No. He doesn't. But does Nwakali play like Jorginho or Pirlo? He has great trapping skills but does he have great tackling skills, vision, and positional awareness ? These are extremely important skills for a DLP..

Andrea Pirlo, Jorginho and Yaya Toure for Barca did great with it. . Pirlo was the one that gave true understanding to the role, and the devastation it could be.

Thank you. You get my point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I repeat you can not blame a player that creates chances. Nwakali's job was to create chances and he did.
Which has lead to 0 goal contributions for his side, no wonder Huesca are about to release him into the wilderness. They are sick of him creating chances

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joezinho:

The role is simple.
DEEP LYING
PLAYMAKING

That is a playmaker that operates from deep. Creating offensive plays from deep.

So when a coach wants a midfielder that can drop deep and play-make, he will opt for Kelechi Nwakali. When a coach needs a midfielder that will run at defenses, and bring in work rate to breakdown plays, he will opt for Onyeka or Aribo.

So the roles decide the game. What we need is for the team to draw up an effective strategy with clever tactics. Then select the best players for each role.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
Karlovych:
Which has lead to 0 goal contributions for his side, no wonder Huesca are about to release him into the wilderness. They are sick of him creating chances

From my belief, Huesca's problem with Nwakali has to do with contract issues. I suspect his management believes he deserves more money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12630) (12631) (12632) (12633) (12634) (12635) (12636) ... (16349) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: solonnachi and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.