Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11661187 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12644) (12645) (12646) (12647) (12648) (12649) (12650) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:42pm On Feb 14, 2022

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
13large:

You must be mad. You don’t consider that sadiq missed chance vs Tunisia as sitter? It is chances like those, that differentiate a winning team vs Losing team. He was supposed to score that goal. Sadiq is a player for the future but as for now, he is in the lower pecking order among our strikers
Let me just ignore the insult.. it's like you're at that time of the month.
That was not a sitter. CR7 missed a sitter last Saturday so I don't understand why you wanna crucify Sadiq for missing an half chance.

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2022
komekn:

If you want to make stand, let it be at least TRUTHFUL.

If you cannot show where I gave the same deductions and words about Victor O. and KC as well as Sadiq. You are not a big liar, just a inconsequential, noise maker seeking attention, petty LIAR.
I know you'd deny it.
Keep rolling in your mud.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2022
Enyimba still not firing on all cylinders. Another draw at home this time to newly promoted Niger Tornadoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-UOKLNynQQ

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2022
komekn:

Because you are not privy to have worked with a professional football clubs in Europe.

You have no idea about how things work.

Once you are contracted the club must pay you unless you breach your contract terms. They can decide not to play you but they will still have to pay you.

When you go on a international tournament and before you return your club is openly trying to offload you.

What in your understanding of football management, if you have any , does that tell you ❓

When a player is a regular, gets delayed for an international tournament camping, exceeding the FIFA recommended timeline, then the player comes back and things have broken down. It only tells you one thing. Contract talks have broken down.

That is the only thing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:40pm On Feb 14, 2022
humility33:

Awwww...
God bless Austin for this
Hope the talk proves successful

U dey believe Charles and owngoal grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:45pm On Feb 14, 2022
Chairman it's ok to admit you were mistaken about the Lookman situation nobody will flog to say you got it wrong after all no one is a repository of knowledge. All this doubling down doesn't make you look good.

Enough plausible evidence has been provided why it took so long to effect the switch of Ademola. You have sent to provide logical reasons why Lookman's switch was delayed. The only evidence you have brought is ''The NFF is corrupt'' as if that is breaking news.

You two things can be true at the same time right? The NFF while being corrupt didn't deliberately delay Ademola's switch.

I'm open minded to have my mind changed if I see credible evidence but for now I take all you have said to be speculation. Which we all know won't fly in a court of law.

komekn:

I have dealt with so many different departments state and federal level in Nigeria and unfortunately they all have varying degrees of crass ineptitude and Incompetence. Why should we think the NFF will be any different.

Although I personally think it was wilful and intended delay.

It has taken the NFF three years to put together the documentation for Ademola change of allegiance. And some here think it's the players fault.

The NFF first gave the impression the English FA was causing delays. There own reasoning just doesn't make sense.

Ademola Lookman will not say anything but just keep quite, for obvious reasons.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I am beginning to doubt you. You talk like someone totally oblivious to the reality of football. As in, for someone who claims to know the ins and outs of football, you should not make such atrocious statement.

Make luck in football.

Sometimes you get overwhelmed in football. Please, somethings are beyond your power. Ask Riquelme who flopped at Barcelona.

grin grin grin

You get energy ma.

Dem dey create luck ? If luck is created then it wouldn't be luck anymore...lmao

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2022
Meliforme:

There is nothing outstanding about Aribo in midfield, except if you are talking about the attacking areas of the midfield which he shows more potential for brilliance, even though we are yet to see him there.

Our midfield maintains It's identity as a defensive one, with little control and creativity. How is this so difficult to see.

Aribo is a good player with good first touch and good work rate, these made it a bit difficult to spot gaping deficiencies in his midfield shows.

Whenever the tactics calls for a box to box midfielder i will pick Etebo over Aribo in central midfield. The Etebo i saw in the EPL before his injury seems like he is evolving into a complete box to box midfielder.

The Aribo is yet to impress me. Honestly, he had an average AFCON for a guy who started three games. He did not wow anybody.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2022
Omanambala:

The Aribo is yet to impress me. Honestly, he had an average AFCON for a guy who started three games. He did not wow anybody.
trash as usual

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tchinaidi(m): 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2022
Omanambala:

I feel Aribo was completely overhyped and did not impress at the tournament. For a midfielder who is loses the ball unconditionaly with no shot on target.He is not yet a super eagle material. Even etebo is far better than him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tchinaidi(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Sadiq was brilliant against the Tunisians. From my take, he was our best player in that game. So how high should he fly before he is not an embarrassment. Chill. I Sadiq was your brother, you would have been proud of him.
Our best player indeed.For a striker who squandered 2 decisive chance to have brought us back into a crucial game.He is completely far from the mark and not yet a super eagle material

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
Tchinaidi:

Our best player indeed.For a striker who squandered 2 decisive chance to have brought us back into a crucial game.He is completely far from the mark and not yet a super eagle material

I wonder the two decisive chances. I only remember one and he worked really hard for it. Unfortunately, he missed. That does not take away how hard he worked, or how well he played.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tchinaidi(m): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2022
Honestly if we can have a midfielder who is as techinically gifted as Obi and has an eye for defence spliting passes in the SE team, we are good to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
Tchinaidi:

I feel Aribo was completely overhyped and did not impress at the tournament. For a midfielder who is loses the ball unconditionaly with no shot on target.He is not yet a super eagle material. Even etebo is far better than him

Aribo overhyped ?

Smh

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2022
Tchinaidi:
Honestly if we can have a midfielder who is as techinically gifted as Obi and has an eye for defence spliting passes in the SE team, we are good to go

This is the missing ingredient In the team, we are all aware..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2022
elyte89:

U dey believe Charles and owngoal grin grin grin grin

The news make me happy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2022
Tchinaidi:

It's an uncomfortable truth to some people here. They want to crucify Chukwueze for having an average AFCON , but so far they kept quiet on Aribo's poor AFCON showing.

I told them na dem go use their mouth pull the boy down...lol. Aribo had a very poor AFCON.

Now , they are calling him 1st eleven...na dem go tire. What are his strength ?

He dey destroy everybody for Rangers...lol. We are watching. Na the cane wey dem take beat the first wife dem go use beat the second one.

So far , Aribo has been largely ineffective with SE. Prove me wrong.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 4:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Aribo overhyped ?

Smh

Then why do you keep harping on him starting games. Because you can't confidently tell me Aribo was impressive in the last nation's cup. Was he ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Enyimba still not firing on all cylinders. Another draw at home this time to newly promoted Niger Tornadoes

The Enyimba pitch is bad, poor drainage. Meanwhile that penalty award to Enyimba seems questionable
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2022
Omanambala:

It's an uncomfortable truth to some people here. They want to crucify Chukwueze for having an average AFCON , but so far they kept quiet on Aribo's poor AFCON showing.

I told them na dem go use their mouth pull the boy down...lol. Aribo had a very poor AFCON.

Now , they are calling him 1st eleven...na dem go tire. What are his strength ?

He dey destroy everybody for Rangers...lol. We are watching. Na the cane wey dem take beat the first wife dem go use beat the second one.

So far , Aribo has been largely ineffective with SE. Prove me wrong.

Aribo didn’t have a poor afcon ,by saying that you are only lying to yourself and deceiving yourself

Your mission has always been to talk down on Aribo just because you want to hype Nwakali and tell us things he didn’t do

Aribo having a poor afcon ,you can only hear this from clueless Nwakali fan boys like you oga meli and some of your alternate monikers

15 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2022
Omanambala:

Then why do you keep harping on him starting games. Because you can't confidently tell me Aribo was impressive in the last nation's cup. Was he ?

He was impressive at the last afcon

When it comes to Aribo you have always been bias so who takes you serious ?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Let the players get used to Finidi Philosophy and style of play first, then they can start firing every every

BTW this is Finidi first season Right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Aribo didn’t have a poor afcon ,by saying that you are only lying to yourself and deceiving yourself

Your mission has always been to talk down on Aribo just because you want to hype Nwakali and tell us things he didn’t do

Aribo having a poor afcon ,you can only hear this from clueless Nwakali fan boys like you oga meli and some of your alternate monikers

You can effectively defend Aribo without pulling Nwakali down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

You can effectively defend Aribo without pulling Nwakali down.
I am not pulling Nwakali down

I am telling him what he has been good at on this thread ,he has been pulling Aribo down before the afcon and after the afcon ,while the other moniker went as far by saying Nwakali is the 3rd most important super eagles player

I wonder if some of these guys watch football at times

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 5:59pm On Feb 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:

He was impressive at the last afcon

When it comes to Aribo you have always been bias so who takes you serious ?

No problem. Keep defending him like you all defended Rohr until fowl nyansh open. Wasn't Aribo your attacking midfielder at the AFCON ? What were your take home from his lackluster performance. few nice touches here and there and you are satisfied, because you cant man up to point the wrongs. Where did the SE failed at the AFCON ? The midfield. Who were playing there ? Aribo and Ndidi. Who played his heart out ? Ndidi , especially when Nwakali was introduced. Who flopped and couldn't hold the midfield ? Answer that.

Eventually , Aribo will be demystified just like Iwobi had. But , dont get me wrong. Aribo is a decent player but dont saddle him with the sole responsibility of a playmaker. The boy is NOT a play maker. Add an Amoo or even invite Oliseh and forget Nwakali, since Nwakali is your headache. Dont invite Nwakali , then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I am not pulling Nwakali down

I am telling him what he has been good at on this thread ,he has been pulling Aribo down before the afcon and after the afcon ,while the other moniker went as far by saying Nwakali is the 3rd most important super eagles player

I wonder if some of these guys watch football at times

No, you are pulling Nwakali down. Left for you he will be blamed for Nigeria AFCON flop, even though he didnt contribute. You see the guy in your dreams.Shebi AFCON don come and pass....at least everybody don see our glorious midfield...lol. Na Maduka carry the blame naa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2022
Omanambala:

No, you are pulling Nwakali down. Left for you he will be blamed for Nigeria AFCON flop, even though he didnt contribute. You see the guy in your dreams.Shebi AFCON don come and pass....at least everybody don see our glorious midfield...lol. Na Maduka carry the blame naa

You have always been talking down on Aribo before the afcon ,even against egypt where almost everyone said Aribo did well you still didn’t see anything

Your job here before and after afcon have been to talk down on Aribo and praise Nwakali ,telling you the truth to your face doesn’t mean I am talking down on Nwakali

The truth is really bitter to you

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2022
Omanambala:

No problem. Keep defending him like you all defended Rohr until fowl nyansh open. Wasn't Aribo your attacking midfielder at the AFCON ? What were your take home from his lackluster performance. few nice touches here and there and you are satisfied, because you cant man up to point the wrongs. Where did the SE failed at the AFCON ? The midfield. Who were playing there ? Aribo and Ndidi. Who played his heart out ? Ndidi , especially when Nwakali was introduced. Who flopped and couldn't hold the midfield ? Answer that.

Eventually , Aribo will be demystified just like Iwobi had. But , dont get me wrong. Aribo is a decent player but dont saddle him with the sole responsibility of a playmaker. The boy is NOT a play maker. Add an Amoo or even invite Oliseh and forget Nwakali, since Nwakali is your headache. Dont invite Nwakali , then.

See who I Dey follow argue ball ?

Okay you have now stopped hyping Nwakali since he didn’t have much time at the afcon ,then your reality is to attack Aribo ?

Now which game did Aribo have bad performance grin

If confusion was a person

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:19pm On Feb 14, 2022
chrisooblog:
Chairman it's ok to admit you were mistaken about the Lookman situation nobody will flog to say you got it wrong after all no one is a repository of knowledge. All this doubling down doesn't make you look good.

Enough plausible evidence has been provided why it took so long to effect the switch of Ademola
. You have sent to provide logical reasons why Lookman's switch was delayed. The only evidence you have brought is ''The NFF is corrupt'' as if that is breaking news.

You two things can be true at the same time right? The NFF while being corrupt didn't deliberately delay Ademola's switch.

I'm open minded to have my mind changed if I see credible evidence but for now I take all you have said to be speculation. Which we all know won't fly in a court of law.

First thing is do you think that the NFF can never tell LIES.

Second thing most people act with rational.

Do you really think it will take three years for Ademola to make a written confirmation signed of his consent to change of allegiance. I want you to reason that.❓❓

Second issue, is how long does it take to get a Nigerian passport from the Nigerian high commission without any connection. I will tell you 24hrs and £750 .❓

Third issue do you think if Ademola will make public any discrepancies, incompetence or even be worse on the part of the NFF public. When after three years of waiting he has just been given clearance. ❓

After Ademola ended his U21 youth career he and the world knew he was NEVER be going to be called to the Three Lion's. Do you agree❓

Then you being s Nigerian what do you think could cause the delay. There is no Reason whatsoever for Ademola to delay. So what reason will the NFF have to cause the delay.

It's CLEARLY apparent the English FA have no interest to talk less of creating contention for his change of allegiance.

I ask again you are a Nigerian l presume and should be aware of the organisational culture that pervades all our public institutions.

What is the plausible evidence you make reference to.

I will like you to consider the term plausible particularly in the context of Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2022
charlesemeka85:
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/02/14/super-eagles-coach-eguavoen-off-to-england-to-hold-talks-with-olise-eze-on-switching-to-nigeria/

These boys should be left alone, we have done enough talking to them, especially that ingrate from Mbaise that calls himself Eze. When this boy was a nobody, we gave him the privilege to train with our big boys to boost his confidence, amidst all criticisms, but when things started working out for him, he made us look stupid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12644) (12645) (12646) (12647) (12648) (12649) (12650) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla, Lawag3, Cecco90, comodo, quickberry(m), Ikanium(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.