Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11662966 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12645) (12646) (12647) (12648) (12649) (12650) (12651) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Mouth. It is easier said than done. When Thierry Henry flopped at Juventus and Forlan flopped at Manchester United, From your understanding, they were not prepared.

You talk some I don't know what to cal it ,

Thierry Henry had one season at Juventus he played as a winger ,and played 16 games and scored 3 goals.

If that's your definition of a flop , then use that same yards stick to assess our players half of them or more will be classed as FLOPS.

Then if you want to be open minded and not with a hidden agenda. Look at the players in Juventus at that time , real World class players, Zidane, Del Piero, David's, etc

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2022
ChrisKels:

These boys should be left alone, we have done enough talking to them, especially that ingrate from Mbaise that calls himself Eze. When this boy was a nobody, we gave him the privilege to train with our big boys to boost his confidence, amidst all criticisms, but when things started working out for him, he made us look stupid.
eze never said he is not open to playing for us but said he needed time and made it known that his first option which is his country of birth and to be honest I don’t blame him for making that known

Same goes to olise who also turned the advances of Algeria down same as he did to us buy not shutting the door outright to both nations

It will be a win win situation if both decide to pitch tent with us and I see nothing wrong with the nff and eguavoen trying to revisit their case

The likes of aluko,Moses,aina,ebuehi,amoebi and recently lookman once turned us down with an eye on the national teams of their country of birth but later rescind their decisions

Make we no Dey pass judgement sometimes based of emotions cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Aribo didn’t have a poor afcon ,by saying that you are only lying to yourself and deceiving yourself

Your mission has always been to talk down on Aribo just because you want to hype Nwakali and tell us things he didn’t do

Aribo having a poor afcon ,you can only hear this from clueless Nwakali fan boys like you oga meli and some of your alternate monikers
He even said 'very poor Afcon'

Just as I regard komekn's comments on Nwakali as jaundiced so do I regard Idenna's comments on Aribo as one colored by rank prejudice

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 6:45pm On Feb 14, 2022
cheesy
Mujtahida:

Just as I regard komekn's comments on Nwakali as jaundiced so do I regard Idenna's comments on Aribo as one colored by rank prejudice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2022
Mujtahida:

Gbam
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:48pm On Feb 14, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Mouth. It is easier said than done. When Thierry Henry flopped at Juventus and Forlan flopped at Manchester United, From your understanding, they were not prepared.

These 2 players didn’t flop

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:11pm On Feb 14, 2022
Papi85:
eze never said he is not open to playing for us but said he needed time and made it known that his first option which is his country of birth and to be honest I don’t blame him for making that known

Same goes to olise who also turned the advances of Algeria down same as he did to us buy not shutting the door outright to both nations

It will be a win win situation if both decide to pitch tent with us and I see nothing wrong with the nff and eguavoen trying to revisit their case

The likes of aluko,Moses,aina,ebuehi,amoebi and recently lookman once turned us down with an eye on the national teams of their country of birth but later rescind their decisions

Eze didn't need time when he was a nobody, but as soon as he started seeing the light of day, suddenly, he started needing time abi?

Lol if you are that cheap, I am not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:

These 2 players didn’t flop

Thierry Henry flopped at Juventus.

Diego Forlan flopped at Manchester United.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
Papi85:

Bro d statement ..
Give me sometime to choose literally means we re second choice..shikena,so to some extent I would want to go with Chris on dis...awever a player can be approached as many times as possible weda thru his agent or him directly, In as much as dey re not "begging" him...finito

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2022
komekn:

You talk some I don't know what to cal it ,

Thierry Henry had one season at Juventus he played as a winger ,and played 16 games and scored 3 goals.

If that's your definition of a flop , then use that same yards stick to assess our players half of them or more will be classed as FLOPS.

Then if you want to be open minded and not with a hidden agenda. Look at the players in Juventus at that time , real World class players, Zidane, Del Piero, David's, etc

What is an open mind? Thierry Henry came to Juventus as a top player from Monaco. Big things were expected. With time, with dissatisfaction from the manager and even fans, Thierry Henry ended up on the bench. Later was sold to a smaller club with respect to Juventus, Arsenal. Henry was a flop. This is not what someone told me or read a blog.

He flopped. He was a disappointment.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 14, 2022
ChrisKels:

These boys should be left alone, we have done enough talking to them, especially that ingrate from Mbaise that calls himself Eze. When this boy was a nobody, we gave him the privilege to train with our big boys to boost his confidence, amidst all criticisms, but when things started working out for him, he made us look stupid.
So eze na mbaise boy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:52pm On Feb 14, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Thierry Henry flopped at Juventus.

Diego Forlan flopped at Manchester United.

You don’t know the meaning of flop

Diego forlan wasn’t a regular player at man united and scored some important goals ,maybe you where expecting a Brazilian Ronaldo performance from him then

Thierry Henry spent only 6 months at juve playing as a winger wing back and the right part of the midfield with 16 games 3 goals and 2 assist and you call him a flop ?

If na Nigeria player get this stats now playing off his position Na so you go don write epistle here Dey defend nonsense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Diego forlan wasn’t a regular player at man united and scored some important goals ,maybe you where expecting a Brazilian Ronaldo performance from him then

Thierry Henry spent only 6 months at juve playing as a winger wing back and the right part of the midfield with 16 games 3 goals and 2 assist and you call him a flop ?

If na Nigeria player get this stats now playing off his position Na so you go don write epistle here Dey defend nonsense

Thierry Henry reached a time he was dropped from the team because of poor performance. Diego Forlan was not a regular because he was a flop. If he was doing well, he would have been a regular. Henry was dropped because he flopped. He was sold as a Juventus flop.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:12pm On Feb 14, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You can make your point without the bolded. You should have passed this stage by now.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

You can make your point without the bolded. You should have passed this stage by now.

cheesy cheesy

My apologies chief

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2022
Again you are offering emotive speculations as fact.

This is the mistake you are making you're still relying on the ''NFF is corrupt'' narrative to drive your points which are still hear say.

Are you insinuating that Lookman parted with money to have his switch confirmed? If that is your assertion you have to bring evidence not all this 'you know, you know' you keep harping on.

komekn:

First thing is do you think that the NFF can never tell LIES.

Second thing most people act with rational.

Do you really think it will take three years for Ademola to make a written confirmation signed of his consent to change of allegiance. I want you to be reason that.❓❓

Second issue, is how long does it take to get a Nigerian passport from the Nigerian high commission without any connection. I will tell you 24hrs and £750 .❓

Third issue do you think if Ademola will make public any discrepancies, incompetence or even be worse on the part of the NFF public. When after three years of waiting he has just been given clearance. ❓

After Ademola ended his U21 youth career he and the world knew he was NEVER be going to be called to the Three Lion's. Do you agree❓

Then you being s Nigerian what do you think could cause the delay. There is no Reason whatsoever for Ademola to delay. So what reason will the NFF have to cause the delay.

It's CLEARLY apparent the English FA have no interest to talk less of creating contention for his change of allegiance.

I ask again you are a Nigerian l presume and should be aware of the organisational culture that pervades all our public institutions.

What is the plausible evidence you make reference to.

I will like you to consider the term plausible particularly in the context of Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
Omanambala:

The Aribo is yet to impress me. Honestly, he had an average AFCON for a guy who started three games. He did not wow anybody.

Tchinaidi:

I feel Aribo was completely overhyped and did not impress at the tournament. For a midfielder who is loses the ball unconditionaly with no shot on target.He is not yet a super eagle material. Even etebo is far better than him

As you dey switch accts, hand nor dey pain you?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:26pm On Feb 14, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

What is an open mind? Thierry Henry came to Juventus as a top player from Monaco. Big things were expected. With time, with dissatisfaction from the manager and even fans, Thierry Henry ended up on the bench. Later was sold to a smaller club with respect to Juventus, Arsenal. Henry was a flop. This is not what someone told me or read a blog.

He flopped. He was a disappointment.

You are nakedly bigoted with double standard as your name tag.

Look at the unit of measurement you are using to assess Thierry Henry. Using that same unit of measurement you found Nwakali and others to be outstanding.

It's comedic.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:26pm On Feb 14, 2022
Englandboy:
So eze na mbaise boy

What's that stereotype advice about an mbaise man and a snake?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
chrisooblog:
Again you are offering emotive speculations as fact.

This is the mistake you are making you're still relying on the ''NFF is corrupt'' narrative to drive your points which are still hear say.

Are you insinuating that Lookman parted with money to have his switch confirmed? If that is your assertion you have to bring evidence not all this 'you know, you know' you keep harping on.

The NFF is not the only government body that is corrupt. Corruption in Nigeria is endemic and institutionalised.

We have an EFCC that is supposed to be fighting corruption but we have found to be r corruption ridden in itself.

And you are asking me for evidence.

I did not say £££ changed hands .

Can you explain the three years delay ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 9:32pm On Feb 14, 2022
drDoom3:

Lmao someone that hasn't played pro football for a year now and has even started his punditry career at Supersports? Even if Ghana go back and bring Abedi Pele, we will still thrash them comfortably home and away.
The same way we hammered Tunisia, you've forgotten anything can happen over the 2 games.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Enyimba still not firing on all cylinders. Another draw at home this time to newly promoted Niger Tornadoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-UOKLNynQQ

One of the major problem with some African players is too many touches. With each touch, it gives time for the opposing defenders to pick up their teammmates...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Looky: 9:41pm On Feb 14, 2022
Scan this QR code to join the super eagles WhatsApp group.
You can't afford to miss sweet daily updates from here.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
Olise and Eze have already turned us down several times.

Do they have to get a restraining order against NFF for us to leave them alone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Looky: 9:52pm On Feb 14, 2022
Honestly I wonder why NFF and every other person is Keen on those disloyal guys when we have good midfielders in Nigerian league.Come March a depleted team team like Ghana will dominate us midfield and even stop us from qualifying for world cup while will keep singing we need a midfielder or No 10 that can hold the ball.
It is so ridiculous that out of a population of 200 million they make it seem Asif we have not produced midfielders in the local league that can fucking hold the ball not fucking weak midfielders like Aribo and Iwobi that can't stand in one place and control the tempo of a game...So sad

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:56pm On Feb 14, 2022
ChrisKels:

My man ,what do you have against mbaise people grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 14, 2022
Joezinho:
Olise and Eze have already turned us down several times.

Do they have to get a restraining order against NFF for us to leave them alone?

Many of the good ladies who turned us down in the past eventually dated us because we were persistent.

Persistence is key. grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 9:59pm On Feb 14, 2022
Looky:
Honestly I wonder why NFF and every other person is Keen on those disloyal guys when we have good midfielders in Nigerian league.Come March a depleted team team like Ghana will dominate us midfield and even stop us from qualifying for world cup while will keep singing we need a midfielder or No 10 that can hold the ball.
It is so ridiculous that out of a population of 200 million they make it seem Asif we have not produced midfielders in the local league that can fucking hold the ball not fucking weak midfielders like Aribo and Iwobi that can't stand in one place and control the tempo of a game...So sad

Pls where is Nwobodo?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Looky: 10:03pm On Feb 14, 2022
lakesidepapa:

Pls where is Nwobodo?
They just keep on ignoring him for unknown reasons,someone that has midfield skillsets that is urgently needed in the super eagles midfield.Maybe everyone is still comfortable with our shambolic midfield displays.Even Sudan outplayed us in midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2022
Looky:

If Nigeria league have good midfielders we will have teams in caf confederation cup and caf champions league

I will take GK from naija league and not midfielders and strikers abeg ,I can manage 1 CB slot from there at worst also

Same Nigeria league they will give teams from poor African countries at caf competition and they won’t still win

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2022
With the way David Doherty(one of the advisors of Ebere Eze) is working with Eguavoen and Amunike, I have a feeling that we might just nick Eze soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12645) (12646) (12647) (12648) (12649) (12650) (12651) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tessyy1701 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.