Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11706044 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12673) (12674) (12675) (12676) (12677) (12678) (12679) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

When you Dey commot for champions league group stage and Dey carry 8th for epl ground no open grin

Now its your turn

Keep shut when Champions league clubs are talking

Mediocre club with mediocre fanbase

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Tosin adarabioyo insist on playing for England after contacted by eguavoen and pinnick

Wish him the best. I hope the technical crew round up this fishing trip and get back to studying the tapes of the available players, the players of the opposition, and working on the team selection/strategy. We have enough quality to handle this qualifying process before we spread the red carpet for players.

Time is of the essence. There is lots of work to do and the Ghanaians have a sound technical team on ground. I believe they are already working.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Dennis scores
9th premier league goal of the season
that's my boy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
Blueelf:

Now its your turn

Keep shut when Champions league clubs are talking

Mediocre club with mediocre fanbase

grin grin grin

Nothing is my turn ,only 1 rough season unlike your club that went 30 years no epl cheesy cheesy

Liverpool might still go trophyless this season

You go fit win the champions league grin

Guardiola is already tormenting you guys at farmers epl

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
komekn:

Quarrel no deh , Gbeghe no deh for ground.

Explain your position with FACTS not sentiment based preference.

Soyoncu left Turkish league to Bundesliga direct because he was outstanding he is now in Leicester.

So why is your defender still in the Turkish backwater league.

This means you didn't get my point:

I said Awaziem doesn't have the potential of Bassey. Bassey, in a few years, would be in the League of the solid Senegalese and Napoli defender.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

I might have misunderstood you, man, but did you just say here that Iheanacho doesn't go for the ball?

I have a personal philosophy with respect to the role of the striker during the game. I see it as the attacking play phases.

In the image below, You will see the light-colored areas, which is 2/3 of the field. When the ball is in these zones, a striker should spend more time in the light-colored areas. He should only cross to the dark area when the ball has successfully crossed to the dark zone.

When the ball is in the lighter zones, it is in the build-up phase, and the striker should play a part in this phase. When the ball crosses over, this is the attacking phase, and the striker dashes to attack spaces in the dark zone.

Osimhen and Iheanacho miss this a lot of times.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
nelszx:

How na
Na this thing una dey talk wey dey vex person
Small pikin wey dey start big games. No small pikin again for football
You sure say na that Bants de make you vex or the heat grin

I responded that way to Charles because of his penchant for "new shiny" players. Bassey is a good prospect, a cover for when the current set may retire just like we all want. But it's lame to be in a haste to kick out the older ones because of young ones.

Defence is a part of football that needs reliability like a Land cruiser more than sleek
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
PurpleHouse:

This means you didn't get my point:

I said Awaziem doesn't have the potential of Bassey. Bassey, in a few years, would be in the League of the solid Senegalese and Napoli defender.

Ok now I understand essentially by comparison we are saying the same thing.

Bassey in the team now not tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
Odunayaw:
You sure say na that Bants de make you vex or the heat grin

I responded that way to Charles because of his penchant for "new shiny" players. Bassey is a good prospect, a cover for when the current set may retire just like we all want. But it's lame to be in a haste to kick out the older ones because of young ones.

Defence is a part of football that needs reliability like a Land cruiser more than sleek

When s child has WASHED his hands he may eat with Kings.

Jude Bellingham is 18 has 10 England caps and had over 120 professional games in the championship and Bundestag is wanted by the crème De la crème of the
best team's in Europe.

So he according to your rational should still ber playing U18 ,and wait for Henderson and Phillips to retire.

Meanwhile how old is Declan Rice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
seankafor:
or the Nigerian system did dirty on him

Running a private club in Nigeria will incure you losses upon losses because there is no way you could recouped your expenses.
Dude went as far as partnering westham united even importing Brazilians..
Now look at vandrezza, fast fading away..

It's not that easy bro, don't blame him..

What makes you think dangote of all people hasn't queued into club football business in Nigeria..

There is no money there bro

Ubah could have made money by taking his time to groom some great talent and gradually mould them into complete players. Enyimba during their heyday made some cool cash when they sold Muri Ogunbiyi (ballest baller), Onyekachi Okonkwo (baller), Obinna Nwaneri and couple of other players like Damian Udeh(baller).

The problem with Nigerian clubs is impatience; they want it quick and now. They buy overaged players poorly coached who will miss 50 chances in open net. Musa Ahmed is a product of the system.

You need dedicated managers , young players who are will to learn and not money hungry. It takes time but you will reap it....trust me.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 6:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
I watched olise play against chelsea today, we really need that boy in our national team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:39pm On Feb 19, 2022
komekn:

When s child has WASHED his hands he may eat with Kings.

Jude Bellingham is 18 has 10 England caps and had over 120 professional games in the championship and Bundestag is wanted by the crème De la crème of the
best team's in Europe.

So he according to your rational should still ber playing U18 ,and wait for Henderson and Phillips to retire.

Meanwhile how old is Declan Rice.
Obviously you were in a haste to only speak your mind without comprehending

Bassey is an addition to the team but not at the expense of keeping the reliables out and belittled.

There's no back and forth on this, if you don't agree, that's okay, don't spam my mentions

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
komekn:

Fabulous, Dude is outstanding in a struggling team he is essentially there best forward player. And for me I've been saying for time the most in form and therefore best striker in the SE in the HERE and NOW.

The only reason I must like him is because he was born and bred in Manchester England although he has Nigerian heritage.

Savage grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:52pm On Feb 19, 2022

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 7:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
Rockyrascal:
I watched olise play against chelsea today, we really need that boy in our national team

You dey see am bah

We need him, by any means possible.

But... We should NEVER beg them. Never. They need us more. We just haven't made them realize it.
We should persuade them with everything (him and Eze). But we must not look too desperate.

Speak to their emotions, not their talent.
Tell why they need us, and why we need them, eventhough we also don't need them (psychology, and you don't have to say it plainly, just make them see it that you need them and can also do without them). Nothing more.

Other teams will waste them on the long run.

We won't.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 7:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
charlesemeka85:
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/nwakali-suspended-by-spanish-club/
So make we fry stone abi make me roast sand?

Leave this boy alone.

After you go de say dem dem talk about the guy too much for here and na una go carry useless talks about am de come here make people de drop pages upon pages.

Allow us rest for useless news abeg.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
komekn:

I want to presume you have come across the phrase "Changing the goal posts"

You made an unequivocal statement implying that Balogun has never been on the bench when Calvin has been playing CB;

"Bassey has never played CB while a fit Balogun was on the bench"

Don't you have Integrity, the diction used is NEVER.

I could add that on several occasions Balogun did not even make the bench. Since Van Bronkhurst became Manager Calvin has not missed one league game.

Seems you lack comprehension issues equally, look at the statement I made 'Bassey has never played CB while a fit Balogun was on the bench' every word there has a function, then you went to misrepresent my word out of lack of understanding or mischievousness, did Balogun's presence on the bench after a bout of injury means fitness to you or you don't know the procedures of easing players back to fitness, I suggest you brush up on your English language and football procedures before embarrassing yourself next time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
kingphilip:

So make we fry stone abi make me roast sand?

Leave this boy alone.

After you go de say dem dem talk about the guy too much for here and na una go carry useless talks about am de come here make people de drop pages upon pages.

Allow us rest for useless news abeg.

Thanks in advance.
hug the nearest transformer in ya hood grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 7:11pm On Feb 19, 2022
PurpleHouse:

You dey see am bah

But... We should NEVER beg them. Never. They need us more. We just haven't made them realize it.
We should persuade them with everything (him and Eze). But we must not look too desperate.

Tell why they need us, and why we need them, eventhough we also don't need them (psychology, and you don't have to say it plainly, just make them see it that you need them and can also do without them). Nothing more.

We won't.

We can all agree no serious talented player will want to play for Nigeria. We can only have the English rejects. Conversely , if we develop our local league these half talented English borns will beg to play for the SE. We have mad talents in the Nigerian streets, trust me. I used to trade with my cousin at Mushin Ladipo spare parts market and we have groups of boys who formed clubs and played to the amazement of the whole crowd. My guy , see small boys wey dey knack ball like nothing you 'd never seen. That's why I laugh when people are hyping these English talents...its an insult to our God given genetics!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 7:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
komekn:

Fabulous, Dude is outstanding in a struggling team he is essentially there best forward player. And for me I've been saying for time the most in form and therefore best striker in the SE in the HERE and NOW.

The only reason I must like him is because he was born and bred in Manchester England although he has Nigerian heritage.
grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
Chukwueze came off the bench today to provide an assist for Villarreal 4th goal...

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 7:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
charlesemeka85:
hug the nearest transformer in ya hood grin
You never donate anyone come.

Better still send transport money make I climb bike
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
Danielnino00:
Chukwueze came off the bench today to provide an assist for Villarreal 4th goal...
he won the second pk after his shot hit a hand

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 7:42pm On Feb 19, 2022
PurpleHouse:

You dey see am bah

We won't.
spot on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 7:43pm On Feb 19, 2022
maidaboi:
he won the second pk after his shot hit a hand

The shot was goalbound and looked to have beat the keeper already so he might have had a goal and an assist as a sub.

Someone said when Chuks gets back to full fitness, he won't be able to bench Pino. He is proving that someone wrong.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
Joebie:
Safari, u dey inquire for person Abi u dey plan to go? Lol where icons79?

Lol, I dey plan to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by austineaddy: 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
Danielnino00:

He had a good game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Donmobi(m): 7:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
Rockyrascal:
Obviously

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
grin
kingphilip:

You never donate anyone come.

Better still send transport money make I climb bike
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Donmobi(m): 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
Danielnino00:
baller
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
Omanambala:

We can all agree no serious talented player will want to play for Nigeria. We can only have the English rejects. Conversely , if we develop our local league these half talented English borns will beg to play for the SE. We have mad talents in the Nigerian streets, trust me. I used to trade with my cousin at Mushin Ladipo spare parts market and we have groups of boys who formed clubs and played to the amazement of the whole crowd. My guy , see small boys wey dey knack ball like nothing you 'd never seen. That's why I laugh when people are hyping these English talents...its an insult to our God given genetics!

I'm on the same lane with you. I support your stand 100%. And I really wish we could horn more home based talents than beg these guys.

But you see ehhn, right now, we need either of Eze or Olise. If we can find a better replacement from the League here, I'd say bravo.

The goal is to find a creative AM for the betterment of our team. However we get it doesn't matter, wherever we get too— it doesn't matter; let's just get it fixed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2022
charlesemeka85:
grin
Abeg pity the boy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12673) (12674) (12675) (12676) (12677) (12678) (12679) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mrwilliams9, Philosopher1979 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.