Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11705280 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12676) (12677) (12678) (12679) (12680) (12681) (12682) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:09am On Feb 20, 2022
mostob:
No.. I was even watching Arsenal's match... There is nothing this Olise will play that Amoo and Nwakali won't ....I don't know why we're losing sleep over this guy.
Amoo is showing progress from Hammarby to Copenhagen while Nwakali's career graph has been on a downward trajectory, say something else my friend.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 2:19am On Feb 20, 2022
Karlovych:
Amoo is showing progress from Hammarby to Copenhagen while Nwakali's career graph has been on a downward trajectory, say something else my friend.

They do no play at the same formation. Amoo is a RW or SS at best while nwakali is a CM, or CAM. In Amoo position, we have so many options while at nwakali position, our option is few that’s why our team needs Nwakali more than Amoo for now

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 5:42am On Feb 20, 2022
Joebie:
Why is he a super fan of Ighalo?. UK na he bench mark. When any player does very well there, the player becomes his best. But he favors those who have gone through UK system more though. .
what about nacho? So your assertion as bolded ain't correct.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 6:00am On Feb 20, 2022
13large:
Unpopular opinion: On the basis of this season performance and considering the level of league that our players perform, Emmanuel dennis has been super eagles best All round Forward (this season) and should be the first name on our 11.

This is not debatable

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 6:45am On Feb 20, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 7:04am On Feb 20, 2022
Tessyy1701:

This is not debatable

You agree or disagree? Let’s be civil in our responses except it’s OC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:22am On Feb 20, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

There are very few strikers like Iheanacho who refuse to maintain positioning when their team have possession.

Firmino and Kane are two of such deep-lying forwards. I don't agree that Iheanacho is static.

I do not think I referred to them as static. I am talking about their direction of plays. If the team is building, they try to force attacks with runs, hoping their teammates can locate them with passes. I think they should focus more on being part of the build-up until the transition to the attacking phase takes place.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:56am On Feb 20, 2022
Odunayaw:
You sure say na that Bants de make you vex or the heat grin

I responded that way to Charles because of his penchant for "new shiny" players. Bassey is a good prospect, a cover for when the current set may retire just like we all want. But it's lame to be in a haste to kick out the older ones because of young ones.

Defence is a part of football that needs reliability like a Land cruiser more than sleek
No mind me, na better heat make me respond cheesy

I get your angle now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:08am On Feb 20, 2022
Meliforme:

Another word for skill is technique.
It is not how a player prosecutes a skill that determines the player's technique, but the type of footballing skills the player brings to his game, the number of times the player utilises those skills and the accuracy or precision of implementation.

If technique is just how a player performs a skill, then it will just be styles that are unique to the player and it will not be possible to grade a player or compare players in terms of technique.

Take for instance, the passing technique, to determine a players passing technique, calculation is made based on the type of passing skills the player is able to execute in a game, passing skills such as short passes, long passes (long balls), chipped passes etc, the number of times the player was able to complete those passes, and the accuracy.

You don't need to be a fantastic dribbler to be high in technique, because dribbling is just one of the techniques in football and not the only technique.

Football skills are different from football technique.

Dribbling skill is different from dribbling technique.

Skill is something you do with the ball, technique is how you do it.

All pro footballers have the ability to shoot accurately, but not all have the technique to curl/swerve.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:11am On Feb 20, 2022
charlesemeka85:
ok since they are in need of a winger Simon should offer himself to them? cheesy

That's why he has an agent.
Jorge Mendes offered Ronaldo to United, they were never interested.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:13am On Feb 20, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

I won't like Simon to work with a coach like Mourinho at Roma, he would turn him to a wingback for sure.

Give one example of a player Mourinho has turned from an attacker into a defender. Don't follow everything you read.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:14am On Feb 20, 2022
charlesemeka85:
ok mk em join Bret Ford or burnley abi?

EPL is not a do or die.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:26am On Feb 20, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I do not think I referred to them as static. I am talking about their direction of plays. If the team is building, they try to force attacks with runs, hoping their teammates can locate them with passes. I think they should focus more on being part of the build-up until the transition to the attacking phase takes place.

That's a poacher, a role which Iheanacho is not.

You probably haven't watched him enough.

This was his last appearance for Leicester, watch from 4:33.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peVNk8PCoYI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 8:28am On Feb 20, 2022
mostob:
the same Olise? Maybe we watched different match. The Olise I watched today did nothing exemplary
he doesn't have to give a man of the match display before you spot his talent and qualities
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:42am On Feb 20, 2022
“The point is that Nigeria cannot reach it’s potential without the local league. So if the local conditions are not good enough, then all it means is that Nigeria cannot progress. We will not be able to reach full potential without local academies & leagues. It will be impossible to do so by leveraging the European networks.

No country has ever succeeded at the highest levels of football without local coaches & at least some local players, and local football philosophies. What we have now is a stop gap but let us not delude ourselves that it is anything more than a temporary band aid.

A country cannot build a sustainable team based on simply convincing ex u21 and ex u17 players from other countries to play. It is impossible but we keep deceiving ourselves” ~ TopeA8

The last time we won Afcon, we had 6 hungry/eager for success home based players in the squad
Probably more before that too
Funny we will be going to World Cup with complete 23 foreign based squad smiley
Remember Gabaski the best goalie of Afcon is home grown

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:47am On Feb 20, 2022
Wey those people wey say make dem no call Dennis again? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:52am On Feb 20, 2022
yinkeys:
“The point is that Nigeria cannot reach it’s potential without the local league. So if the local conditions are not good enough, then all it means is that Nigeria cannot progress. We will not be able to reach full potential without local academies & leagues. It will be impossible to do so by leveraging the European networks.

No country has ever succeeded at the highest levels of football without local coaches & at least some local players, and local football philosophies. What we have now is a stop gap but let us not delude ourselves that it is anything more than a temporary band aid.

A country cannot build a sustainable team based on simply convincing ex u21 and ex u17 players from other countries to play. It is impossible but we keep deceiving ourselves” ~ TopeA8

The last time we won Afcon, we had 6 hungry/eager for success home based players in the squad
Probably more before that too
Funny we will be going to world with complete foreign based squad smiley
Remember Gabaski the best keeper of Afcon is home grown
This is the best team in Africa’s starting 11
You can count home grown players in it’s starting 11 & bench
It is poor league=poor national team

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:55am On Feb 20, 2022
zuchyblink:
It is poor league=poor national team
Should we take Senegal & Egypt as case study ? grin
See Senegal starting 11

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 8:59am On Feb 20, 2022
forgiveness:

They even have sponsors. Wow!

I hope Dangote and other billionaires invest in the NPLF instead of carrying the money abroad.

Africans should think out of the box and develop themselves.

They are not altruistic, they only want more fame and wealth. Dangote feels he has saturated Nigeria's and Africa's market enough, so he his expanding to other parts of the world.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:15am On Feb 20, 2022
ChrisKels:
Wey those people wey say make dem no call Dennis again? grin

Dem don hide since amunike egu and pinnick visit watford grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:20am On Feb 20, 2022
Mujtahida:

Same thinking that prompts people who say we should go to the riverine area to get swimmers for the Olympics.

Football has moved beyond the streets. Can't you guys see? There's no Maradona in the streets no more. Footballers are groomed in the academies. Football is now corporate. Corporate and street don't go together
That's why some people here tend to support Nwakali unreasonably. Training, hard work and consistency trumps talent.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Longneck: 9:25am On Feb 20, 2022
Mujtahida:

Same thinking that prompts people who say we should go to the riverine area to get swimmers for the Olympics.

you can't compare swimmers and footballers

those kids started swimming from birth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:54am On Feb 20, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Dem don hide since amunike egu and pinnick visit watford grin

Lol they want us to leave out our best players for a sin they know nothing about.

Guy did you see how menacing Dennis was yesterday?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:55am On Feb 20, 2022
ChrisKels:

Lol they want us to leave out our best players for a sin they know nothing about.

Guy did you see how menacing Dennis was yesterday?

Dennis was so good yesterday ,he knows how to position himself

He could have scored earlier with a good pass from sarr ,but Martinez made a good save

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:27am On Feb 20, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Dennis was so good yesterday ,he knows how to position himself

He could have scored earlier with a good pass from sarr ,but Martinez made a good save
my four wingers for Ghana will be
Lookman
Simon
Chuks
Dennis

Ejuke should be excused for now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:53am On Feb 20, 2022
maidaboi:
Lookman
Simon
Chuks
Dennis

Even chuks...baba just dey play ekuke fball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sugarboyy(m): 10:57am On Feb 20, 2022
maidaboi:
Lookman
Simon
Chuks
Dennis

What has Chuks been playing also?
Chuks should also be excluded for any other player, even if he plays in the local league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:58am On Feb 20, 2022
elyte89:

Even chuks...baba just dey play ekuke fball
I go with chuk because he is doing well for Villarreal and just got back from injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sugarboyy(m): 11:07am On Feb 20, 2022
maidaboi:
I go with chuk because he is doing well for Villarreal and just got back from injury
which well has he been doing for Villareal and Chuks has been back from injury for about 4 months or so now.

He didn't started their match yesterday, was brought on when his team were already comfortably leading.
And something i have always noticed about Chuks is that he likes playing far from the 18 yards box, which isn't supposed to

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 11:09am On Feb 20, 2022
13large:

You agree or disagree? Let’s be civil in our responses except it’s OC

Agreed �
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 11:12am On Feb 20, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Give one example of a player Mourinho has turned from an attacker into a defender. Don't follow everything you read.

Etoo a world class striker turned to a wingback in mouriho era
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:14am On Feb 20, 2022
Sugarboyy:

which well has he been doing for Villareal and Chuks has been back from injury for about 4 months or so now.

He didn't started their match yesterday, was brought on when his team were already comfortably leading.
And something i have always noticed about Chuks is that he likes playing far from the 18 yards box, which isn't supposed to
they were not winning comfortably yesterday because I watched the game Villarreal were under alot of pressure and we're 2-1 up he gave an assist and cause a pk
he scored against Barca and did well against Madrid

(1) (2) (3) ... (12676) (12677) (12678) (12679) (12680) (12681) (12682) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: komekn(m), opes, TheGoodJoe(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.