Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,618 members, 7,847,596 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11846297 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12771) (12772) (12773) (12774) (12775) (12776) (12777) ... (16242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:21pm On Mar 08, 2022
Bros you were making solid points but this last one get as e be sha. Oboabona was part of our defence that won afcon

Subzero47:

I told you you no dey watch SE, Balogun was not the key member of the famed 'oyibo' wall that served Nigeria for 5 years in a row through our best world cup qualifiers and the world cup proper to the Afcon qualifiers to a 3rd place Afcon finish with multiple man of the match awards you to compare him with Oboabona besides what is Oboabona's SE accomplishment again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:21pm On Mar 08, 2022
chrisooblog:
Chief he featured in 4 solid games which is enough to see what a player is all about but his performances were very average to put it mildly.

How many times did Ebuehi, Zaidu and Aribo play before we saw their qualities?

Even Sadiq Umar with less minutes played was beginning to settle but we should make excuses for Akpos.

How far Bryan Idowu that impressed you cheesy cheesy

Same sadiq wey all of una Dey insult during afcon ,now you don change mouth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
mostob:
are you sure? He was woeful abeg .... especially that famous match we drew. Let's stop defending mediocre here

Then you don’t know the meaning of woeful

That famous match we drew I guess akpos was the only bad player ,dem Kuku dey serve una Maduka wey collect easy 4 goals grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
kingphilip:

He wasn't in the original list so he can go to Rohr in his hotel and get his answer.

You're asking me if he is supposed to make the list ahead of Akpos? Go and check all ThegoodJoe write up that period regarding him and find out why he was called to the National team for AFCON.

I don't watch both of them at their clubsides so I can't say who should make the list ahead of the other.

There is nothing to check about the good joe blue font write up

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
kingphilip:

He wasn't better than Shehu?

Elderson echiejile was also there nah grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I have mentioned my starting 11 several times here and I have put balogun there almost all time ,so that should tell you the type of person I am

I remember also arguing with someone here who said he won’t make Brighton team ,I told the guy balogun will easily start at Brighton and he is better than their CBs ,but reverse was the case ,that alone should tell you I rate him

But saying he is our baresi or Maldini is pure cock and bull story

Now the person that doesn’t watch se here is clear ,because if you do watch our games you won’t ask me what’s oboabona accomplishment

I won’t remind you how oboabona performed at the 2014 World Cup qualifiers under the late keshi ,but I will remind you that he was superb at the defence in our 2013 afcon win ,something balogun was far from at the 2019 afcon

I would have used Kenneth omeruo as an example ,but I have a reason for using an unpopular oboabona grin

Too bad you weren’t watching the eagles during the time of the late keshi

You are now confusing yourself I said he is our Baresi and Maldini as far as the SE is concerned anybody who says he has not been our best defender in the last 5 years is lying to himself, you are always quick to bring up Afcon because of one match against Madagascar (not because he didn't play well in other Afcon matches) but your sense would not tell you that that one match was not the only match he had for SE in his career what about the other he played and bagged match of the match awards, oh you have forgotten that ones, I shouldn't have taken you seriously the moment you started comparing him to Oboabona I should have known you were trolling.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
chrisooblog:
Bros you were making solid points but this last one get as e be sha. Oboabona was part of our defence that won afcon

He was part of our defense as Mba was part of our midfield, is that enough reason to compare him to Balogun as far as SE is concerned?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:30pm On Mar 08, 2022
I insulted Umar he sha improved, make Akpos too improve not forming vex upandan.

Anyone can shine in their debut game but a run of games reveals the true picture of a player.

andrewbaba44:

How far Bryan Idowu that impressed you cheesy cheesy

Same sadiq wey all of una Dey insult during afcon ,now you don change mouth

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:33pm On Mar 08, 2022
Oboabona was decent before the emergence of Balogun. Him and Omeruo formed a solid partnership before oyibo wall came.

Subzero47:

He was part of our defense as Mba was part of our midfield, is that enough reason to compare him to Balogun as far as SE is concerned?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

There is nothing to check about the good joe blue font write up

Thank you
baba why you come talk dis one now Sha you know want get convinced and confused ni tongue baba you style dodge blue font prof article wahala grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2022
Subzero47:

You are now confusing yourself I said he is our Baresi and Maldini as far as the SE is concerned anybody who says he has not been our best defender in the last 5 years is lying to himself, you are always quick to bring up Afcon because of one match against Madagascar (not because he didn't play well in other Afcon matches) but your sense would not tell you that that one match was not the only match he had for SE in his career what about the other he played and bagged match of the match awards, oh you have forgotten that ones, I shouldn't have taken you seriously the moment you started comparing him to Oboabona I should have known you were trolling.

He is your baresi and maldini in your own back pocket .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
chrisooblog:
Oboabona was decent before the emergence of Balogun. Him and Omeruo formed a solid partnership before oyibo wall came.

And the Oyibo wall was better

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2022
chrisooblog:

Dem just like oyinbo wall ,The name Dey sweet them grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eddie7: 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
Surebaba01:
Live on supersport wink
TFTF grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
kingphilip:

Guy stay one place now make we know where you de.

You follow for person wey still praise this Orlando Pirate guy for AFCON o.

Are u just knowing papi85 aka charlesemeka85 grin grin grin..na chriskels sabi baba wella....baba no dey stay one position grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:30pm On Mar 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Elderson echiejile was also there nah grin

Akpeyi and Chigozie Again was also there too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Highlights of Dakkada defeating Enyimba in uyo.
Emmanuel Ayaosi continues to impress and things are not going so smoothly for Finidi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvm1A2sNLZY
Is that the best if champions pitch? It looks good!!! Enyimba didn't do badly from the highlights but Finidi has to start getting results.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 6:03pm On Mar 08, 2022
How true

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
PurpleHouse:
How true
Very easy to forget him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 6:13pm On Mar 08, 2022
Odunayaw:
Very easy to forget him

Dude is even lucky we welcome him after all the shakara. Not justifying the coaches bias over the years towards him and others, but he made us (Rohr) suffer too much for him. Now he had too many competition to contend with, even though he is better than most. But this is not the way to go. Shows he's not passionate about the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
PurpleHouse:

Dude is even lucky we welcome him after all the shakara. Not justifying the coaches bias over the years towards him and others, but he made us (Rohr) suffer too much for him. Now he had too many competition to content with, even though he is better than most. But this is not the way to go. Shows yes not passionate about the team.

Your national team will still welcome ebere EZE and Olise if they decide to play tomorrow ,those ones self get shakara grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2022
Karlovych:
Hoffenheim are currently 6th in the Bundesliga, and no Ajayi can never bench Akpoguma at Hoffenheim.
He is also better than Adarabioyo. They were both playing EPl football not long ago and no team would take them after their teams were relegated.
There is nothing special about the Championship, no matter how you want to sugarcoat it, it still remains second division football.

Forget your tags , how many players have gone straight to the best teams in the Bundesliga from the championship ❓

Akpoguma will not make the bench at Fulham and Fulham is way better than Hoffenheim and has superior quality players.

So let's examine my proposition by team composition analysis: Below two screens shots of players and bench of both teams in a recent match.

Let's start from the back main CB's for Fulham are T.Ream ( USA 48 caps) , Adarabioyo ( CB) Hector (Jamaican 35 caps), Wing backs - Tete( Dutch 14 caps) Robinson (USA, ?) Williams ( Liverpool loanee Wales caps 17) l will not talk about Terence Kongolo who is Dutch international but very injury prone.

Hoffenheim main CBs are Akpoguma, Hubner, Grillitsch, Posch, no senior international caps apart from Akpoguma 4 for Nigeria. Wing backs Kadeřábek (45 caps Czech) Raum (3 caps Germany),

Let's look at the midfield , Fulham currently Anguissa is on loan at Napoli ( not sure why he not in the Championship with Fulham) Carvalho ( pre contract to Liverpool FC) Chalobah, Seri( 38 caps Cote d'Ivoire) Onomah, Cairney( Scotland caps 2)

Now let's look at Hoffenheim Midfielders , Gieger, Baumgartner (17 caps Austria), Stiller, Samassékou (17 caps for Mali)

And finally the main forward player's; Bebou (19 caps Togo and the top goal scorer si far this season with 7 goals in the Bundesliga), Kramaric (65 caps Croatia) Dabbur (33 caps for Israel) Rutter.

Now let's look at Fulham strikers; Mitrovich, highest number of goals scored in a season in the history of the Championship so far , with 34 goals from 32 games. Essentially astounding. I'm sure some of you remember the two goals he scored against us in a friendly game 2018.

Other forward players are Decordova-Reid (16 caps for Jamaica) , Kebano ( Congo 7 caps) H.Wilson (29 caps for Wales)

Mitrovich is on near £90k a week.

There are more than five players who have scored at least 7 goals in Fulham in the Championship.

In my honest opinion if Hoffenheim played Fulham FC they would get beat COMPREHENSIVELY. In every department Fulham are better. Bebou will not get into the Fulham team their best striker. Consider Ivan Cavaleiro (Portuguese 3 caps) he can't get into the team always on the bench he is much better than Bebou.

Please put emotive sentiment based preference aside and be objective.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
This nigga up there can be very annoying

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Your national team will still welcome ebere EZE and Olise if they decide to play tomorrow ,those ones self get shakara grin

They don't have enough choices in that regard. Perhaps that's why. But Eze now orritates me sha. By the time he turns up, there will be too many options that he not go smell bench self.

Only Olise is guaranteed a starting shirt, should he turn up for the SE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Longneck:
Just 3 or 4 games as a center back

He is a RB

and was clearly called became he can play both positions

Your Darling akpoguma is fighting for space with the likes of ekong, balogun, omeruo and ajayi

And for now he can't offer us more than what these guys can

simple

Awazeim is a CB please .
It was Rohr that converted him to a makeshift RB... He doesn't play RB at club level...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2022
PurpleHouse:
How true

/9)..
This guy was never really committed to playing for us from the start..Na Rohr carry his beggy beggy attitude go meet am.
He should go and sit down please...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Onazi is 29 ,please respect his age the way you have been respecting musa age

Thank you
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2022
Danielnino00:

But Onazi is just on standby.. He isn't in the main list...
Eguavon dropped garbage outside the door...Rohr brought them inside the room... Different situations,but still same content: garbage!

Nah, there's difference between garbage and sewage. Sewage behind the door is still a bigger problem grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:16pm On Mar 08, 2022
PurpleHouse:
How true
It's just a matter of days for us to know the authenticity of this news. If it's a lie, he'll definitely debunk it soon. If it's true, he'll keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2022
the way news and arguing dey fly for here ehn, I don even forget when we dey Play Ghana
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
It's just a matter of days for us to know the authenticity of this news. If it's a lie, he'll definitely debunk it soon. If it's true, he'll keep quiet.

Same akpoguma that said he can’t wait to be a regular player for the eagles and play at the afcon in January ,he said this sometime December ,he later didn’t make the list and told Oma akatugba in an interview that he was dissapointed that he didn’t make it to the afcon and he will keep working ,so I don’t know where owngoal got their news from sha ,maybe it’s true maybe it’s not

I still wonder why people think akpoguma is not committed in playing for naija just because he wanted Germany at first and it took time for rohr to convince him ,you guys want all players to be commit their international future to Nigeria immediately they are being approached ,just like Ebuehi aina balogun Ekong who have no hope of making other national team at first

The foreigners will always put us second ,no matter how fast they commit to us ,it’s only when their national team is faroe island or Azerbaijan they will put us first

Akpoguma was having hope in making the Germany team at first ,if players like ridle Baku ,David Raum Chris Gunter can be having some caps then akpos would surely have hope

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:40pm On Mar 08, 2022
According to some peeps here nwakaeme is too old for super eagles and cannot even make the bench let alone the first team ,but dem serve una Onazi cheesy cheesy

I can boldly tell you that if ndidi gets injured it will be Onazi that will be his replacement

Since una no rate Turkish league make una begin rate Saudi second division

(1) (2) (3) ... (12771) (12772) (12773) (12774) (12775) (12776) (12777) ... (16242) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, shawwal1(m), Napoleon55(m), waffiboi and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.