Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,163 members, 7,867,381 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:56 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11967387 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

If that is what you want. Fine. A striker who will not score almost a year for the Super Eagles. No wonder you prefer Etebo.

Me, I will always want a clinical goal scorer leading the line.

Also, cancel Algeria because even their coach pointed Iheanacho as the reason they lost. Whether you like it or not, you can not bend the truth. In South Africa, our final balls let the team down. Not Iheanacho.

if our striker does not score but we win the World Cup will you remember it 10 years later, if our striker scores and we lose all the matches in the group stages will you even remember the strikers name? Who scored the goal that took us to the 1998 world cup?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:31pm On Aug 14, 2017
Mickael2:

Goldfish here you go, seems like theGoodJoe is trying to implement the 'changing the goal posts' skills he learnt from Pep's training sessions, this is a comment you made after the match against Leicester, feel free to click on it and read all you said then
Hahahahaha grin grin grin

This is the thing with lies. You won't know when you contradict yourself. The Internet never forgets.

TheGoodJoe please come and dig yourself out of this. grin

This night is shapping up nicely.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
Mickael2:

Goldfish here you go, seems like theGoodJoe is trying to implement the 'changing the goal posts' skills he learnt from Pep's training sessions, this is a comment you made after the match against Leicester, feel free to click on it and read all you said then

Is saying a player had a good game and did not have a poor game because he did not get service equate to praising a player. I am sure there was no way you guys had anything.

It is just like people saying Iheanacho had a poor game against South Africa. I disagree because he did his part. You can not blame him for the midfield not being able to find him despite him making good runs.

As I suspected. No point from you guys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
goldfish80:

Hahahahaha grin grin grin

This is the thing with lies. You won't know when you contradict yourself. The Internet never forgets.

TheGoodJoe please come and dig yourself out of this. grin

This night is shapping up nicely.

I guess you do not understand what praising a player is. Saying a player was not poor is not praising. Praising a player is when you say the player did well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You do not need to lie to make a point. When Iheanacho played well and people like you want o paint him bad, supporting your misconception and misunderstanding is deceiving myself.

I have criticised Nacho in games. I think one was against Leicester City last season when I said Nacho should have not stayed with the marker but drop deep to evade them.

I have repeatedly called on Nacho to study Firmino. So I wonder where you got that do no wrong idea.

Also, Asensio is not a Real Madrid regularly but when he comes on, you see quality. What he pulled off yesterday was breathtaking and a new dimension of the Asensio I know. Watching it was a pure reflection of hardwork, confidence and determination. He achieved this without being a Real Madrid regular.

My point is too simple.

TheGoodJoe:

Please pull the quotes. Let me see how I praised Iheanacho. I am waiting.

[color=#000099]TheGoodJoe:

Iheanacho had a good game. There I no way you can say he had a poor game when he did not have good service. He made the most of the situation. Created a clear scoring opportunity for Gundogan, won a clear penalty that was denied.

The question is, how did you not see any of these and asked for one thing.

What of the clear build-up plays by Nacho when he dropped deep?

So, which if these did you see?

Yara Yara, bring my Bullet proof vest. Someone is shooting point blank. [/color
]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
goldfish80:

There is no way you can say he had a poor game when he did not have good service. He made the most of the situation.

Grammar. That is not praising. From the situation he had, you can nit say he had a poor game.

When you guys are working hard to rubbish Iheanacho's effort and I am pointing out the things he did well, that is not praising.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I guess you do not understand what praising a player is. Saying a player was not poor is not praising. Praising a player is when you say the player did well.

Classic! Absolutely classic! As a spin doctor, you're above average. With a few crash course here and there you can land yourself a job with the Apc propaganda machinery.
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if you raised a Kelechi Iheanacho alter in your living room.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
“In the second half, we created much, much more than our opponents but we didn’t create the kind of chances for this kind of player.

“But of course, Kelechi is part of the squad.".. . Pep Guardiola.

This was Pep talking after asked about Iheanacho. He clearly explained we did not create chances that suited Iheanacho. In that case, you will not blame the player. With a more accurate passer in our team and the brilliant movement of Iheanacho, we have ourselves a goalmine.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
tbaba1234:

I have said it severally, the best local players are not in the league. League players have the mindset that makes it impossible to win away.

If we had Manu Garba assembles an under 20 side from academies or amatuer teams, they will stand a better chance of winning away.

We have seen our league players take healthy leads to Sudan and capitulate.

Wat makes u feel that Benin should have been beaten at home? Even Niger beat Ivory Coast at home. Let's just wait until the next match then we can do a complete review.

The tournament is for players playing in their home league so just take ur mind away from something that is not even possible. Manu Garba is 19th in the NPFL BTW.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

There is no way you can say he had a poor game when he did not have good service. He made the most of the situation.

Grammar. That is not praising. From the situation he had, you can nit say he had a poor game.

When you guys are working hard to rubbish Iheanacho's effort and I am pointing out the things he did well, that is not praising.

TheGoodJoe:

Iheanacho had a good game. There I no way you can say he had a poor game when he did not have good service. He made the most of the situation. Created a clear scoring opportunity for Gundogan, won a clear penalty that was denied.

Yara Yara, bring my Bullet proof vest. Someone is shooting point blank.

The bolded is not praising Kelechi abi? Are we still talking about a guy who touched the ball 12 times before being subbed off?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2017
goldfish80:

Classic! Absolutely classic! As a spin doctor, you're above average. With a few crash course here and there you can land yourself a job with the Apc propaganda machinery.
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if you raised a Kelechi Iheanacho alter in your living room.

IT is very clear. No spin. I did not praise Nacho. I was explaining he did not have a poor game. You can not bend the truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
goldfish80:

TheGoodJoe:

Yara Yara, bring my Bullet proof vest. Someone is shooting point blank.

The bolded is not praising Kelechi abi? Are we still talking about a guy who touched the ball 12 times before subbed off?

That was me explaining why I will not say Iheanacho had a poor game. Understand before arguing. In the few chances he had, he showed positive signs. That is not poor and neither is that praising.

When you are praising someone, you use terms like brilliant, excellent, outstanding, phenomenal, wonderful, special, out-of-this-world, unbelievable. Not good.

Good is not praising. It is clear as daylight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

IT is very clear. No spin. I did not praise Nacho. I was explaining he did not have a poor game. You can not bend the truth.

TheGoodJoe:

You do not need to lie to make a point. When Iheanacho played well and people like you want o paint him bad, supporting your misconception and misunderstanding is deceiving myself.

I have criticised Nacho in games. I think one was against Leicester City last season when I said Nacho should have not stayed with the marker but drop deep to evade them.

I have repeatedly called on Nacho to study Firmino. So I wonder where you got that do no wrong idea.

Also, Asensio is not a Real Madrid regularly but when he comes on, you see quality. What he pulled off yesterday was breathtaking and a new dimension of the Asensio I know. Watching it was a pure reflection of hardwork, confidence and determination. He achieved this without being a Real Madrid regular.

My point is too simple.

Our for curiosity, how did you manage to criticize and still want to explain he didn't have a poor game?
What kind of paradox is that? I can't reconcile the two sentences.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
goldfish80:

Our for curiosity, how did you manage to criticize and still want to explain he didn't have a poor game?
What kind of paradox is that? I can't reconcile the two sentences.

I am not ready to start digging out my position of Iheanacho increasing his movement, following the ball and being part of the overall play of the game. A lot of you are just wrapped in bias logic just as the above. Then make up stories.

I have repeatedly highlighted Iheanacho should study Firmino. Use the wings. That is for him to become better and imposing. To become brilliant. Criticizing someone is not always about being creative.

There is a term called constructive criticism.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
Sadiq Umar has been signed by Torino on loan with an option to buy for 6 Million Euros.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I am not ready to start digging out my position of Iheanacho increasing his movement, following the ball and being part of the overall play of the game. A lot of you are just wrapped in bias logic just as the above. Then make up stories.

I have repeatedly highlighted Iheanacho should study Firmino. Use the wings. That is for him to become better and imposing. To become brilliant. Criticizing someone is not always about being creative.

There is a term called constructive criticism.

Constructive criticism indeed. Please point out those constructive criticisms from your posts after the Leicester City game.
You basically went on and on how the referee cheated you, complained about Leicester City players bullying Kelechi, how Kelechi won headers, how he ran past Albrighton (this was only shown on your TV). Suddenly, today you somersaulted and claimed you critised Kelechi's poor game.

Princeuko even asked you how you could be impressed after watching such a poor performance.

It's sad how you have made a deity out of Kelechi on this thread.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2017
Good!
tbaba1234:
Sadiq Umar has been signed by Torino on loan with an option to buy for 6 Million Euros.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
goldfish80:

Constructive criticism indeed. Please point out those constructive criticisms from your posts after the Leicester City game.
You basically went on and on how the referee cheated you, complained about Leicester City players bullying Kelechi, how Kelechi won headers, how he ran past Albrighton (this was only shown on your TV). Suddenly, today you somersaulted and claimed you critised Kelechi's poor game.

That is me explaining that Iheanacho did not have a poor game. With the venomous attacks coming in and me seeing the young man's efforts, I explained to people like you the things he did right.

As I said, I am not ready to start digging post of me telling Iheanacho to drop deep and be part of the game. Or when I repeatedly called for Iheanacho to study Firmino.

At least you can see I did not praise Iheanacho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

That is me explaining that Iheanacho did not have a poor game. With the venomous attacks coming in and me seeing the young man's efforts, I explained to people like you the things he did right.

As I said, I am not ready to start digging post of me telling Iheanacho to drop deep and be part of the game. Or when I repeatedly called for Iheanacho to study Firmino.

Nobody was attacking Kelechi. You first came up with the sentence that he had a good game.
People started reacting to that sentence. Please don't twist facts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
My take on this Iheanacho issue. Iheanacho has great potential. But let's not put too much pressure on him prematurely. If we put the SE attack weight solely on him, we will pay dearly for it. Scoring of goals should be a shared responsibility. We do not lack strikers that can deliver. Just because he delivered when others didn't at some point in the past, does not mean he will do that consistently. Building our midfield and attack around him may prove suicidal in future. So let's quit that talk of him being our sole striker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

but you just said you criticised him after the game, I searched through 5 pages before that your comment and five other pages after just to be sure you still had a little credibility when it comes to Iheanacho but ofcourse.

Here is a hint, click on 'search', type 'Iheanacho should learn from coutinho, theGoodjoe', and tell us what you saw(as my friend I am advicing you not to). You only started pointing out that Nacho should learn from Firminho when Pep stopped playing him entirely, ofcourse that was just a move to justify Pep because I don't really know if you share the same bed with him so you were only open to criticising Nacho if it means praising Pep
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
goldfish80:

Nobody was attacking Kelechi. You first came up with the sentence that he had a good game.

Oh, Blood Of Jackie Chan.

Please read the follow up of the good game I beg you before posting this kind of thing of me being first.

Did you read you can not say he had a poor game? Ha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
goldfish80:

Sir, should I also dig up the post just so that we can totally destroy him this night? I am in the mood cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Oh, Blood Of Jackie Chan.

Please read the follow up of the good game I beg you before posting this kind of thing of me being first.

Did you read you can not say he had a poor game? Ha.

First you said you criticised him, you never did.

Second, you said you pointed out that he should learn from Firmino, you didn't do that either, you only said he did his part that it was the defenders' faults that Iheanacho did not score(can't stop myself from laughing)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I did not say stay at Manchester City all his career. A year or two and absolve the technical understanding and Discipline of the game. After that seek for game time. You can not unlock knowledge. This is about gaining deep understanding and applying it. Improving his attributes.

For instance, if he learns to play as fluid as Gabriel Jesus or Firmino, a coach can not unlock that.

this is the ONLY time you mentioned that he should learn from Firmino and check that date, that was on the 8th of April and that was in a bid to support Pep's decision to always leave him on the bench, feel free to read Sir cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2017
Mickael2:

but you just said you criticised him after the game, I searched through 5 pages before that your comment and five other pages after just to be sure you still had a little credibility when it comes to Iheanacho but ofcourse.

Here is a hint, click on 'search', type 'Iheanacho should learn from coutinho, theGoodjoe', and tell us what you saw(as my friend I am advicing you not to). You only started pointing out that Nacho should learn from Firminho when Pep stopped playing him entirely, ofcourse that was just a move to justify Pep because I don't really know if you share the same bed with him so you were only open to criticising Nacho if it means praising Pep

Haaaaa. How can you say I said Nacho should start watching Firmino after Pep started benching Nacho? I have been saying this since. Maybe not on this forum but even before Pep.

I like Firmino. I was repping Firmino when Klopp dropped Benteke for him. I agreed with Klopp because it suited my ideology. Your own is to criticize and make fun. Apart from that I wonder what the debate is.

At least you can see that I am not a Nacho praise singer. You have seen that I said Nacho should study Firmino. Now your saying it is to justify Pep.

Agree that I want Nacho to improve in other aspects. Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
Iheanacho won't spearhead the attack against cameroun....He will play as AM, said Rohr..
So enough of all this iheanacho matter already!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
Mickael2:

this is the ONLY time you mentioned that he should learn from Firmino and check that date, that was on the 8th of April and that was in a bid to support Pep's decision to always leave him on the bench, feel free to read Sir cheesy

So you now agree I said Nacho should study Firmino. Then rest and stop trying to paint the truth.

I thought I only see good in Nacho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
Mickael2:

First you said you criticised him, you never did.

Second, you said you pointed out that he should learn from Firmino, you didn't do that either, you only said he did his part that it was the defenders' faults that Iheanacho did not score(can't stop myself from laughing)

He was bullied. The ref did not protect him by allowing reckless fouls. It is normal in football when ref do not do their job, it causes an imbalance. At least you have nothing constructive to add than poor game. You could not point out the reason or even have a development insight to improve.

So keep laughing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
The most clinical forward does not always play as a Center Forward. Have you noticed that Messi hardly plays 9, Even Ronaldo also. We need a three-prong, or two-prong fire power. I don't care where Iheanacho plays. Etebo didn't play 9 when he scored four times in our Olympics opener. Let's have 2 to 3 strikers that can fire from any angle, complementing each other as well. Football don't have to be rigid.

TheGoodJoe:

As I said before Etebo is not a good choice to spearhead our attack when we have Iheanacho in the side. When it comes to selection, it is best to have the most clinical finisher ahead to make the most of the chances.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2017
Joebie:
The most clinical forward does not always play as a Center Forward. Have you noticed that Messi hardly plays 9, Even Ronaldo also. We need a three-prong, or two-prong fire power. I don't care where Iheanacho plays. Etebo didn't play 9 when he scored four times in our Olympics opener. Let's have 2 to 3 strikers that can fire from any angle, complementing each other as well. Football don't have to be rigid.

Even if you have three striking combination, one must spearhead the attack. In Barcelona today, it is Suarez and he is today more clinical than Messi to the best of my knowledge. I will prefer Suarez leading the attack than Messi. I wonder who you feel is better leading.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
haha.. It's not true that the most clinical player always play CF. Don't u watch as these strikers roam. It's not static o. You will see Ronaldo also score form angles.
the next moment he scores from the middle. Messi as well you will see him in Attacking midfield. Sometimes he is at the wings. Suarez is not the most clinical in Barca. Messi is.

TheGoodJoe:

Even if you have three striking combination, one must spearhead the attack. In Barcelona today, it is Suarez and he is today more clinical than Messi to the best of my knowledge. I will prefer Suarez leading the attack than Messi. I wonder who you feel is better leading.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, Jefersoun, enlady(f) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.