Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,193 members, 7,864,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12814) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11950839 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12811) (12812) (12813) (12814) (12815) (12816) (12817) ... (16364) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 8:47am On Mar 18, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Amuneke confirms Maduka is still first choice

https://www.brila.net/we-cant-drop-maduka-okoye-because-of-one-mistake-amuneke/

Maduka is just like De Gea. Mistake prone but still very talented.

Comparing De Gea to Maduka is quite a stretch. Akpeyi and Maduka may actually share more similar attributes.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:51am On Mar 18, 2022
No more mental irritation since I stopped reading komekn.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 8:53am On Mar 18, 2022
Can Tomori still play for Nigeria? shouldn't we go for him since England dey whine am? I think we should if he still has a chance with us.

He may regret his decision for life.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 8:54am On Mar 18, 2022
Onazi time

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 8:55am On Mar 18, 2022
Mujtahida:

Unless in few cases when he quoted me, I don't read his comments here. I just skip as soon as I see K or a big red question mark.

Sometimes to punch am dey hungry me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 8:58am On Mar 18, 2022
Mistake prune, but still talented?

That's a stupid assertion from Amunike.

What if that one single mistake cost you, like it did the last time?

He should not be first choice. They're even making him like he cannot be replaced. Hence more mistakes.

Rather, talk like he can be replaced if he keeps making mistakes and dude will seat up. Say it as it is.

Na Why I like Mourinho be this. Mah Oga go just send you go reserve team go learn lesson, even if you be Drogba. Lol.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:10am On Mar 18, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You are really in drugs

What concerns what a player earns and his footballing ability ?

Go and ask Neymar, Mbappe, Lukaku, etc ❓❓

There is a direct and incontrovertible relationship between what a player earns his unique skill set and his attributes .

To get those unique attributes that will bring competitive advantage in the game for the club ,they the club are willing to pay and what they pay is a reflection of the value placed on your attributes.

What your are saying is balderdash.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:20am On Mar 18, 2022
Danielnino00:
“If you want to be a striker for Liverpool, you have to work your f***ing socks off in each game.

“You have to defend the width, you have to defend whatever. That is important.

“That’s why we change. Not because they didn’t score, because they scored and we still change.

“But it’s about how much can they help us in all the situations, and for that you need fresh legs.”
- Klopp

CC: Thegoodjoe .. Klopp is clearly hinting here that he has specific preference for the number nine role.. Not much different from what Eguavon is saying.. Expect that I don't think that kind of preference can work in a national team setting due to limited time to try out new things..

Klopp is absolutely keyed into work rate, this is something the football analysts make report's on continuously. Can we do more is the question.

I am know a youth player under 18 , ABSOLUTELY outstanding , skilful, dominant and technically astute.

He doesn't have to do too much at U23, U19 etc to dominate and as a result his work rate can be suspect. But it's not noticed at youth level AT ALL.

However, he goes to first team training and it becomes exposed and a lesser player get into the first team because he works relentlessly although he is not as good. That youth player is Tyler Morton.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:23am On Mar 18, 2022
kingphilip:

League one?

Andrewbaba44 abeg come carry your guy waka commot here abeg. How can league one be in the same write up with the Eredivisie?

The same way Aribo came from league one into the SE.

Or your go back further Dele Alli from league one to Tottenham and England.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:24am On Mar 18, 2022
komekn:

Go and ask Neymar, Mbappe, Lukaku, etc ❓❓

There is a direct and incontrovertible relationship between what a player earns his unique skill set and his attributes .

To get those unique attributes that will bring competitive advantage in the game for the club ,they the club are willing to pay and what they pay is a reflection of the value placed on your attributes.

What your are saying is balderdash.

Porto doesn’t have money like Fulham ,and that means Fulham are better than them

Stop being deluded

Go and ask Mané why ekuke player like Hudson odoi is earning more than him since bigger salary is a better player

You can also ask salah why Jadon sancho is earning more than him since you no wan receive sense

Jadson sancho and Hudson odoi is better than salah and mane ,I guess

Osinwin eniyan

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:29am On Mar 18, 2022
kellycute:
another 5 naira lie. Nacho was the highest goal scorer for Leicester last season in all competition. Cheap liar!!

KC was not the highest goal scorer in the EPL for Leicester last season.

Jamie Vardy had 15 goals in the EPL last season .

Who is the LIAR now ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:30am On Mar 18, 2022
maidaboi:
because Bissouma will not cost as Ndidi

Bissouma is simply better .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:33am On Mar 18, 2022
Karlovych:
Eredivisie is a lowly rated league but the Championship is not, you even brought up league one players. You think the national team is a circus grin grin

Our player's in the current team a good number are from Turkey, Cyprus, S.Africa, Bundesliga 2, Segundo division.

Where did our arguably best Midfielder come from Aribo is it not league one essentially.

So you are calling the SE a circus or your being bigoted with double standard.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2022
semid4lyfe:

1.That's the problem, Eguavoen is hung up on the past and is too player centric.

A good coach harnesses the talents at his disposal and adopts tactics suited to their strengths and to neutralize the opponents.

For example, Tunisia was depleted and without 12 players (some of them key players) when they played us at the AFCON. The coach did not whine. Instead, he adopted a tactical formation that overloaded the midfield, played close & compact, cut off our wingplay by double marking our wingers and got the win.

2. Eguavoen is misyarning and making gaffes all over the place.

➡️Admitting some players were invited to pacify certain people & interests

➡️Saying he has not traveled to watch some players play live and that's why they were not invited.

That's a nonsensical statement. This is 2022 for crying out loud and with the internet one can comfortably watch matches in the comfort of his/her living room and assess players.

➡️Hyping a retired player with questionable commitment and trying to bring him back into the fold

➡️Saying he knows his starting 11 against Ghana when the players have not reported to camp and had any training.

➡️Saying he cannot play through the middle (midfield) because he lacks players like Mutiu Adepoju and the late Thompson Oliha.

When you juxtapose the last two statements, you'll realize Eguavoen has already given away his formation and tactics for the game against ghana

Eguavoen no try abeg.

By the way, there was nothing special in Thompson Oliha and Mutiu Adepoju. It's just Eguavoen and his nostalgia for the past.

I have seen Eguavoen through and through.
I kept talking about the wrong things with him, before the AFCON and after.
The explanation he gave regarding Onazi's invitation is one of his methods of making excuses for a possible failure. He is always blaming things, he is always counting on luck.

I pray the coach that will take over from him won't be worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:43am On Mar 18, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Zaidu won't get into any EPL team

Zaidu that's bigger than some EPL teams

Jokergrin

I don't know any left back in the EPL that earns £6k a week .

Even in the Championship that will be a struggle possibly the bottom teams.

What you earn in football has a relationship with your quality.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2022
Egu is a joke walahi
Inviting old hags for such a game? dude is finished even b4 he starts

Meliforme:

I have seen Eguavoen through and through.
I kept talking about the wrong things with him, before the AFCON and after.
The explanation he gave regarding Onazi's invitation is one of his methods of making excuses for a possible failure. He is always blaming things, he is always counting on luck.

I pray the coach that will take over from him won't be worse.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:49am On Mar 18, 2022
Mujtahida:
grin The feeling of serenity as I scroll past whatever he thinks he calls a post, is so refreshing

shocked Because how can someone be so full of shit! Even soakaway is jealous

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ABIODUN105(m): 9:50am On Mar 18, 2022
PetroDolla2020:
I thought Nigeria is the giANT of Africa? grin grin grin grin

[s][/s]
If football is being determine by a country Population then shame on Ghana for losing to a country like Comoros

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ABIODUN105(m): 9:58am On Mar 18, 2022
PetroDolla2020:
watch your mouth, yoruba boy grin grin grin how is my fault that you are frustrated? grin

[s][/s]
With all due respect this a football thread which get nothing to do with ethnicity please stop being tribalistic.

Please do not bring something of such here that have to do with ethnicity we don't want it here if you hate yoruba people better keep it to yourself and please don't bring it here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ABIODUN105(m): 9:59am On Mar 18, 2022
Blueelf:

Yet you keep quoting him.

You seem not to understand the meaning of the aphorism you're talking about

Thanks I will stop quoting him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:00am On Mar 18, 2022
komekn:

It's unfortunate that Championship teams dont get to play in Europe unless they win the FA Cup .

Otherwise I believe Fulham have a good chance of beating Porto.

Stop being sentimental and emotive.

Objectively speaking give me two forward player in Porto that are better than Ryan Kent and Mitrovich in Fulham. Assesss and appraise in a quasi balance score card methodology.

Add to that the entire defence of Porto Vs Fulham.

Please don't just say they are better appraise with specifics don't be ASSUMPTIVE be objective. And if you open your mind you will begin to see a different perspective.
Oga come tell us how Dennis have scored more goals in a single season than KC in 3 seasons, don't tell me you just type without thinking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:17am On Mar 18, 2022
komekn:

KC was not the highest goal scorer in the EPL for Leicester last season.

Jamie Vardy had 15 goals in the EPL last season .

Who is the LIAR now ❓
kc was Leicester highest goal scorer in all competitions last season, now tell me how Dennis has scored more goals in a single season than KC in 3 seasons. LIAR grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:18am On Mar 18, 2022
kingphilip:

I tire o.

If Villarreal had lost, he'll tell you that apart from Madrid, Barcelona and AthletiCo, all other teams in the La Liga will struggle to be in the top 15 of the Championship.

They say make we accept everybody opinion for here maybe Subzero go help Andrew help us tow am commot from this thread.

Food for thought

The best striker in the Eredivisie couldn't get more than 7 Goals in the EPL, his last season he had 3 goals in the EPL.

The best strikers in the Championship last season are in the EPL and have Toney 11 and 7 Pukki goals already with about 10 games left in the EPL.

The best striker in Villa Real, is Arnaud Danjuma left the Championship he is on 8 goals from 18 games. He wasn't the best striker in the Championship. Villarreal paid £25 million for him.

Look at the top 10 strikers in the Eredivisie and tell me one who is better than Mitrovich. Because Haller is definitely not.

Another look at transfer fees for player's from this Championship that you look down at with disdain. Ollie Watkins cost Villa £30 million from Brentford and Benrahma to West Ham about £20 million. That's just one club.

To make it easier for you see the list below. Open your mind and do an objective.

La Liga is a top leagues but with huge disparities between clubs. So in the past two decades the league had essentially been Real, Barca and Athleti

However for teams from mid table and below they would not dominate the Championship in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 10:19am On Mar 18, 2022
Subzero47:
Onazi time
Is he a Defensive Midfielder ?
Do we have a regular Defensive Midfielder?
Onyeka isn’t a regular DM ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:19am On Mar 18, 2022
Mujtahida:

Hahaha hahaha hahaha. Mind bend suffering, soul twisting misery.

ahhh sit the law, this one no enter nah, you suppose tell am to cool down small, instead nah enjoyment you dey, sir e no gbam oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:20am On Mar 18, 2022
PurpleHouse:
Mistake prune, but still talented?

That's a stupid assertion from Amunike.

What if that one single mistake cost you, like it did the last time?

He should not be first choice. They're even making him like he cannot be replaced. Hence more mistakes.

Rather, talk like he can be replaced if he keeps making mistakes and dude will seat up. Say it as it is.

Na Why I like Mourinho be this. Mah Oga go just send you go reserve team go learn lesson, even if you be Drogba. Lol.

What is the cause of the mistake, and how did the mistake comes about?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:26am On Mar 18, 2022
zicky:
kc was Leicester highest goal scorer in all competitions last season, now tell me how Dennis has scored more goals in a single season than KC in 3 seasons. LIAR grin

Vardy was the highest goal scorer in the EPL for Leicester last season with 15 goals. I tend to lean to only EPL where the quality of opposition is of s particular standard.

As opposed to cup games where you may play weakened teams by selection and or very low league teams. This gives a skewed view of a player ability.

From 2017 season to 2019 KC played 71 game's and scored 9 goals. Dennis has not completed his first season in the EPL and has already scored 9.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:32am On Mar 18, 2022
komekn:

Bissouma is simply better .
then why is Ndidi more costlier than him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 10:34am On Mar 18, 2022
Truidstar:
I am giving out 25k of data next for active contributors. On or before the day of the game for those who have challenges subscribing for data. My own little Fan support.

PRESENT
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:38am On Mar 18, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Porto doesn’t have money like Fulham ,and that means Fulham are better than them

Stop being deluded

Go and ask Mané why ekuke player like Hudson odoi is earning more than him since bigger salary is a better player

You can also ask salah why Jadon sancho is earning more than him since you no wan receive sense

Jadson sancho and Hudson odoi is better than salah and mane ,I guess

Osinwin eniyan

Please stop acting like you are not educated , this is not difficult for you to do please.

Address my assertion with methodology , examine critically discount my position with facts and rational.

Please raise the level of discourse dont just make noise.

Actually Mane gets considerably more of than Odoi, l assure you with all the performance related clauses. I don't need to say more.

Porto have a business model buy them cheap sell them high and place huge transfer clauses on their contracts. This happens a lot with African players in Portugal. I no longer have much dealing with Portugal.

Them say " Na money deh kill beta Soup"

Now please be rational and a gentleman.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:43am On Mar 18, 2022
maidaboi:
then why is Ndidi more costlier than him?

Tell me one club that put in an official bid that Leicester refused.

Bissouma had a £ 30 million rejected in the January window.

Valuation are academic not to be relied upon.

Djed Spence I've spoken about him before on loan from Middlesbrough to Nottingham Forest. His transfer market value is currently £2.5 million.

But I can assure you he will go for 10 times that fee in the summer window. Watch this space. That's to buttress my point about academic transfer valuations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:44am On Mar 18, 2022
komekn:

Vardy was the highest goal scorer in the EPL for Leicester last season with 15 goals. I tend to lean to only EPL where the quality of opposition is of s particular standard.

As opposed to cup games where you may play weakened teams by selection and or very low league teams. This gives a skewed view of a player ability. .

From 2017 season to 2019 KC played 71 game's and scored 9 goals. Dennis has not completed his first season in the EPL and has already scored 9.

Oga Vardy and kc are teammates, so they both face the same weak and strong teams, you are just saying rubbish.
Your second statement just shows how bias and cunny a human being you are and shouldn't be taken serious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12811) (12812) (12813) (12814) (12815) (12816) (12817) ... (16364) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: codemaniacs, daveP(m), Goke7 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.