Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,555 members, 7,861,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:51 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11933628 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12814) (12815) (12816) (12817) (12818) (12819) (12820) ... (16342) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:23pm On Mar 18, 2022
zuchyblink:
Nigerian Benzema

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
Danielnino00:

I don't think Etebo is fully match fit..He has played less than 20 minutes since returning from injury.. Onyeka hasn't played since the AFCON... Ajayi as a DM has never worked..

It isn't looking good for us so far... Our key players are either not available or not fit...

that's the problem....lets see how Austin will go about it. Yusuf,Onyedika,Bonke should have been on standby
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
yinkeys:
Leeds United please lose today.

Leeds United, Burnley & Norwich City are going to be relegated.

Watford (Nigeria FC) & Everton FC (Iwobi) should please stay afloat because we don’t watch championship games

Everton won’t be relegated

As for watford my hand no Dey there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
yinkeys:

Looks like he was too young when Taribo West & Kanu Nwankwo were trouble

Pius Ikedia, Obafemi Martins were better players than Chukwueze of today

He made a nice list ,it’s a 5 a side team ,so he will put people he has played with mostly

Pius Ikedia no sabi ball abeg grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
daveP:
With Ndidi not sure, a double 8 would make sense to deploy. Who will be that deep distributor like this? Cos I don't wanna to see long balls forward that day. Let's dominate and score.

With what Partey is currently playing for Arsenal, his long accurate passes may be a problem without Ndidi there. That's the only true fear I have sincerely.
the Partey we see at Arsenal is not the same Partey that'll show up against Nigeria....hope you know that?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
mostob:
the Partey we see at Arsenal is not the same Partey that'll show up against Nigeria....hope you know that?

Well he might change his name Jersey to thomas cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
elyte89:

Well he might change his name Jersey to thomas cool
Ok...this is what I mean

The quality of player one plays with do have some effects on one's performance. That's why some players do find it difficult to replicate their club form in NT.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
codemaniacs:

Next time be specific...

Onyeka can replace Ndidi.. but eguavoen doesn't like him..

I am not responsible for how you choose to understand what I write.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2022
Danielnino00:

It isn't even just the economy but the football economy itself... England has the oldest football league in the world..They built the league earlier than most and continued on a higher level, hence they have the most revenue from football,so it's totally normal for English clubs to have more money than their counterparts in other country..
This Komekn idea of using revenue to rank players and clubs doesn't make any sense and he knows it...
The funny thing is that most of the top players in English football today are foreigners who came from smaller clubs and leagues?
How can he say players from Porto can't make Fulham team when the Fulham team itself is filled with enough players that came from other leagues?

My deductions have absolutely nothing to with nationality.

You allude to my deductions on this subject, which essentially is "Money £££ talks and the best players WALK wherever they are located to get it".

Have you looked at the players individually at Fulham and Porto and made an assessment man to man ❓❓l have and objectively too. Please do and then make your comments from a position of knowledge.

In the Championship you will not get a quality LB for £6k a week. Players will leave other first tiers in Europe top leagues to play in the Championship
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2022
mostob:
Nwakaeme, a midfielder
How many Nwakaeme do we have abeg?

I've removed his name I assumed he was a CAM like Aribo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2022
zicky:
Oga Vardy and kc are teammates, so they both face the same weak and strong teams, you are just saying rubbish.
Your second statement just shows how bias and cunny a human being you are and shouldn't be taken serious.

I would say you are the one being overly sentimental and biased with your misrepresentation of the FACTS.

In the 2020/21 season in the EPL Vardy scored 15 goals and KC scored 12.

What's difficult for you to understand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You are the one acting like an illiterate here

You better go get your school fees back because it’s obvious you attended night school .

A person lacking capacity and knowledge will always evade a SUBSTANSIVE discourse because they lack the capacity to engage in one.

That's effectively you.

Once again you are EVADING.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:58pm On Mar 18, 2022
Wolves don goof 2 goal lead for second half

Too bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
JayromWrites:

This your assertion is false

At least maintain one line of reasoning

Was it not same you that said Tosin at Fulham is better than Maguire

Tosin must be on 300k per week then

Dont think Tosin is on more than £60k or thereabouts.

But when you examine the attributes and unique skill set of Tosin he is in some areas much better than Maguire in my opinion.

Maguire signed a 6 year contract in 2019, which will have numerous clauses that will increase his pay with time. Although Rashford earns more than him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Is Etebo fit?

BTW what happened to Tijani, Bonke, even Nwakaeme. Must we be considering only Etebo and Onazi.

Instead of playing Etebo we can play Amoo in 10.

Should national team be in this situation, where we are over reliant on one player. It's shows a lack of professionalism and forward thinking.

But behind it is the quest to pursue other interests.

Otherwise how can you have Onazi on standby, there are at least 20 player's from the EPL to Championship as well as in Europe top five leagues by that should have been invited.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:08pm On Mar 18, 2022
Leeds have just somehow against all odds have beaten Wolves , 3-2.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidi1: 11:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
Just musing, you all know that Thomas Partey enjoys shooting the ball from the mid field, our defensive midfielder, Ndidi, is out due to injury and we do not have a goal keeper, as far as I am concerned (Okoye is out of the question), please can someone help me pacify my anxiety. I feel like we may be facing another Tunisia, one error prone mistake by Okoye and the Ghanians close shop.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:40pm On Mar 18, 2022
elyte89:

Aw come we claim we have enuf players and yet when one or two key playersq are injured,we find it hard to replace dem,abi na our squad look deceptive ni? smiley

We don't really have that much depth in midfield.. And Ndidi is definitely the best pure DM we have .. not sure there's anybody with the same quality as him..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
safarigirl:

2k is for regular.

There is 5k for Premium and 10k for VIP, I no even look those ones.

The time for the game is slated for 6PM and I no like to dey do night waka, that's my immediate concern for now

Well .that 2k will be a problem... On a weekday... Fans no go turn up like that...
they should reduce it...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 12:10am On Mar 19, 2022
UEFA EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE GOALSCORERS

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:15am On Mar 19, 2022
Danielnino00:

Well .that 2k will be a problem... On a weekday... Fans no go turn up like that...
they should reduce it...

Dem fit dey reason say Abuja fans go get the money, but ticket sales at this time ought to give them better insight.

I haven't really seen the buzz for the game, don't know if they have any plans to reduce the price though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:20am On Mar 19, 2022
chidi1:
Just musing, you all know that Thomas Partey enjoys shooting the ball from the mid field, our defensive midfielder, Ndidi, is out due to injury and we do not have a goal keeper, as far as I am concerned (Okoye is out of the question), please can someone help me pacify my anxiety. I feel like we may be facing another Tunisia, one error prone mistake by Okoye and the Ghanians close shop.

Na only Partey and Okoye go play the game? Abi Okoye never catch ball wey come from outside midefield before? Abi na Dodo Mayana dey catch ball for Ghana? Abi na Chiellini and Bonucci dey Ghana defense?

No be two legs match we dey play?

Some of una go just siddon for house, dey imagine worst case scenarios. I know say light no dey, so na heat make you dey reason far like this, pour yourself dusting powder and carry mattress go your frontage. You'll be fine

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:34am On Mar 19, 2022
Rofl for that dusting powder part.
Lol Ghana wan close shop for 1st leg Abi dem go cancel second leg hahaha

safarigirl:

Na only Partey and Okoye go play the game? Abi Okoye never catch ball wey come from outside midefield before? Abi na Dodo Mayana dey catch ball for Ghana? Abi na Chiellini and Bonucci dey Ghana defense?

Some of una go just siddon for house, dey imagine worst case scenarios. I know say light no dey, so na heat make you dey reason far like this, pour yourself dusting powder and carry mattress go your frontage. You'll be fine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:46am On Mar 19, 2022
chidi1:
Partey shooting accuracy is poor, so poor that Arteta had to answer questions about it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:47am On Mar 19, 2022
safarigirl:

imagine partey and shooting in the same sentence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:25am On Mar 19, 2022
Is it too late to call up Bonke and Yusuf?
What we feared about our midfield when the list was released happened earlier than expected. Now let’s see if Eguavoen will have common sense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:31am On Mar 19, 2022
We have another candidate for gaffe of the year. Who dey take note? I just dey cruise o, no I’ll feelings. This thread na fun I swear. I’m loving this camaraderie (comradeship) cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 6:33am On Mar 19, 2022
In as much as calls for defensive midfielder is good but ndidi will be missed. At this point , the coaches should be thinking of a better tactical set up for our defense. I wonder if onazi is the guy to replace. It so funny how people orchestrate their failure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 7:03am On Mar 19, 2022
It is high time our team gets a right balance in the different departments.

Our midfield is pretty thin. Don't understand why we invite so many forwards knowing full well that 1 or 2 of them might never get to play at all.
Our squad looks eye catching but is imbalanced. ..then we waste valuable slots to players like Shehu and Onazi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:55am On Mar 19, 2022
chidi1:

I don’t trust Okoye but this your yarn Na 100 percent beer parlour analysis

Thomas partey enjoys shooting the ball ,because everybody go Dey look am e go Dey score ,how many shot e don take score for epl this season ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:56am On Mar 19, 2022
safarigirl:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:04am On Mar 19, 2022
komekn:

Should national team be in this situation, where we are over reliant on one player. It's shows a lack of professionalism and forward thinking.

But behind it is the quest to pursue other interests.

Otherwise how can you have Onazi on standby, there are at least 20 player's from the EPL to Championship as well as in Europe top five leagues by that should have been invited
they're not good enough...

(1) (2) (3) ... (12814) (12815) (12816) (12817) (12818) (12819) (12820) ... (16342) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Famocious(m), cc12(m), do4luv14(m), jihday(m), LLENCE77(m), theophilusj31(m), mostob(m), elyte89, BannedLarge, semid4lyfe(m), olavoice(m), Emmy450(m), Meliforme, gatecrash123 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.