Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11702536 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12831) (12832) (12833) (12834) (12835) (12836) (12837) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2022
safarigirl:

Goals

Somebody is really trying to sell that Tammy is better, but there is no statistic to back that up

Based on number of games played, and number of times available for selection,
Osimhen beats Tammy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
charlesemeka85:
even at his worst and current age do you know how many games cr7 hv single handed lay won for United this season?

Hate no go gree you see that one na fool

I no even insult Ronaldo ,I am just telling you how Man U needed to plan but no you get coconut head like una board cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Tammy Dey try ooooo ,but I won’t say he is better than victor sha

There is one otimkpu on Twitter trying to force the idea that Tammy is better than Victor

We say bring numbers, the otimkpu said Tammy had scored 21 goals and Victor has only scored 15

Based on their numbers in Europe, we have Osimhen on 15/28 and Tammy on 21/39

There is no argument that puts Tammy as better than Osimhen

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:40pm On Mar 20, 2022
They are athletes not politicians. Because they are popular doesn't mean everything they say or do is right. No one should complain that someone influenced you to vote for anyone because we're are all grown ass adults who should be mature enough to make your decisions. If they influence you as an individual to vote for anyone then too bad for you because you had a choice to refuse.

Instead of bellyaching on some people's political choices I'll rather use that energy to mobilize and campaign for my own choice to win.

In 2015 a section of nollywood endorsed GEJ he still lost. Some footballers backed Abacha's attempt to be president we all know what happened in the end.

People will do what they will do. On your part campaign hard for your choice.

safarigirl:

The same set of people that went to do solidarity visit for Yahaya Bello are the ones doing solidarity visit for Tinubu today, by next week they will be doing photo ops with another Presidential hopeful

Please, we will not refer to sycophancy as "political choices", we will refer to it as sycophancy and we have the same rights to call them out for it.

And these people are an influential set of people, it is wrong to assume their endorsements have no impact. Incredibly wrong

Let us hold people accountable for their actions in nation-building, especially people who are influential. This is not a random Emeka or Dotun, these are influential members of society.

If we want to call them out, we reserve that right. If you want to ignore them, you also reserve the right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2022
chrisooblog:
They are athletes not politicians. Because they are popular doesn't mean everything they say or do is right. No one should complain that someone influenced you to vote for anyone because we're are all grown ass adults who should be mature enough to make your decisions. If they influence you as an individual to vote for anyone then too bad for you because you had a choice to refuse.

Instead of bellyaching on some people's political choices I'll rather use that energy to mobilize and campaign for my own choice to win.

In 2015 a section of nollywood endorsed GEJ he still lost. Some footballers backed Abacha's attempt to be president we all know what happened in the end.

Because we are all grown adults, allow us to criticise them just like we always criticise celebrities that stand for politicians.

It is not a new phenomenon. Even in America that has more educated voters, celebrities are judged for their political alignments.

We will criticise them while they go about taking pictures, because I know that is all they will do.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 5:46pm On Mar 20, 2022
safarigirl:

There is one otimkpu on Twitter trying to force the idea that Tammy is better than Victor

We say bring numbers, the otimkpu said Tammy had scored 21 goals and Victor has only scored 15

Tammy is just a goalscorer but Osimhen is so much more
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2022
who are you please?
Edit: Now I know, another frustrated Man Utd fan. grin
charlesemeka85:
benji spitting trash as usual
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:51pm On Mar 20, 2022
Subzero47:

Tammy is just a goalscorer but Osimhen is so much more

The thing dey vex me whenever Nigerians start saying silly things like, "I wish we had Tammy instead of Osimhen" or "Nigerians will regret losing Tammy"

If say Tammy gree play for Nigeria, I stand by the fact that he for still chop bench dey watch Osimhen

It's so infuriating seeing Nigerians reduce Osimhen because of their favourite English boy.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 5:51pm On Mar 20, 2022
How Man U need to plan? You better shut up and mind your Barcelona. grin. But I beg you to continue to give that frustrated Man Utd fan hot hot. cheesy
andrewbaba44:

I no even insult Ronaldo ,I am just telling you how Man U needed to plan but no you get coconut head like una board cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
benji93:
How Man U need to plan? You better shut up and mind your Barcelona. grin. But I beg you to continue to give that frustrated Man Utd fan hot hot. cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
charlesemeka85:
we hv got money to splash man moreover the management intend to rebuild the team with ten hag as manager

Also dead woods will be cut lose this summer and cr7 ain’t going no where . He is 37 but hv contributed so far over 50% of the goals scored by the team so a figure like him will be needed around to nuture and mentor the incoming young guns

If your hate for Cr7 no kill u na em be say u go live longer

He is disrupting play but leave him for us. Face your barca and man city
Man u ain't ready to rebuild then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2022
guys our bredes had started ooo
can you believe the hotel they reserve for our SE

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 6:04pm On Mar 20, 2022
mostob:

Oya start the insult na...
It's a faceless forum so you're free..
Las las you go dey alright
na Sunday abeg allow vawulence relax he don work from Monday to Saturday cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
do4luv14:

make our players be careful sha...I no trust Dem bredas
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
komekn:

You made a very presumptuous generaliistic statement that is naked prejudice. Verbatim below.

these English-Nigerians usually don't care much about representing Nigeria

And l asked you how many English Nigerian origin players you have personally spoken to that has enabled you arrive at that conclusion.

You have evaded the question.

All these players you mentioned were never in serious contention for a England call up.
Okay Mr Komekn how many English-Nigerians have you spoken to?
Oliseh spoke to Ibe he rejected Nigeria
Eguavoen spoke to Agbonlahor he rejected Nigeria
Rohr and Pinnick contact Abraham, Eze and they rejected Nigeria
Lagerback contacted Onuoha, he rejected Nigeria
Chukwu contacted Carlton Cole and he said no
Adarabioyo has been contacted as well and he rejected Nigeria

So list the players you have spoken to

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2022
safarigirl:
Biko, who sew this suit for De Kelechi?

The fit is odd, abi na my eye?

Na Kyari couture

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 6:18pm On Mar 20, 2022
Innocent bonke as been called up to replace the injured Wilfred ndidi

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2022
do4luv14:

Shouldn't the NFF book the hotel for themselves. It would be foolish at this point for anyone to think the Ghanians will play fair. We must prepare for everything to the last bottle of water the boys will drink. No room for laxity at all

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2022
do4luv14:

First to do no dey pain.

If dem come, na to carry them go one hotel for Gwagwalada first, hotel wey dey use diesel gen for only 4 hours so that heat go finish them small.

Then use fuel scarcity delay their bus on match day.

Everybody fit dey move mad, dem never know

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
do4luv14:

It's the NFF through Falode who went on inspection that settled for that.
It's a 3 star hotel, likely one of the best in Kumasi hence the option to opt for it

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2022
safarigirl:

Osimhen is better ,I have studied osimhen again to admit this ,I didn’t admit this for long because Tammy have been impressive but victor edges it

The Warey Tammy sha don score brace as I Dey speak grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2022
Abeg ooo make we stop this Tammy talk, be like say him dey view this thread too,

bros don para wire lazio 2goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Osimhen is better ,I have studied osimhen again to admit this ,I didn’t admit this for long because Tammy have been impressive but victor edges it

The Warey Tammy sha don score brace as I Dey speak grin

Osimhen sef score brace yesterday in 11 minutes. He for hit hat trick if no be offside.

Anyway, the Tammy stats still no better pass Osimhen.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
safarigirl:

Osimhen sef score brace yesterday in 11 minutes. He for hit hat trick if no be offside.

Anyway, the Tammy stats still no better pass Osimhen.

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2022
do4luv14:
Abeg ooo make we stop this Tammy talk, be like say him dey view this thread too,

Just the way osimhen viewed the thread last week and served windscribe back to back violence grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
do4luv14:

the argument self know dey necessary jare Tammy na English player doing well for him self and would likely make england Squad to the world cup if he keeps doing well osigoal na our own doing well and hope he keeps getting better wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2022
mostob:
make our players be careful sha...I no trust Dem bredas
grin Food poisoning things

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:25pm On Mar 20, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
the argument self know dey necessary jare Tammy na English player doing well for him self and would likely make england Squad to the world cup if he keeps doing well osigoal na our own doing well and hope he keeps getting better wink

No arguements

Normal talk we do here once in a while ,I do like Tammy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2022
do4luv14:

The most painful part is no matter how bad and hostile our opponents treat our players, the jokers in glass house won’t reciprocate when they’re here for return leg. Forming rubbish big brother. That’s why i like the north Africans teams,treat dem badly for your house you go receive triple of similar treatment if not worse when you go there for return leg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2022
safarigirl:
Guys please, is Tammy Abraham better than Osimhen currently?

As one popular pundit put it. Tammy cannot put defenders on their toes for 90mins and mostly tap in goals. The difference is marginal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2022
chrisooblog:

If you truly believe that they shouldn't have any influence on other people when then do you think there's need to mobilise and campaign for your own choice?

The truth is they do have an influence it was disgusting to watch what they did with that influence.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2022
yinkeys:

grin Food poisoning things
you gerrit.... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12831) (12832) (12833) (12834) (12835) (12836) (12837) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bennie1980(m), realpoacher(m), 123jamessmith and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.