Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11703629 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12833) (12834) (12835) (12836) (12837) (12838) (12839) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
Joebie:
I am expecting Thomas Partey to be very physical. He has shown us that side when we took on Athletico Madrid in that friendly. I am happy to welcome physical DMs like Bonke. We should match them well with every antics they may play.

Thomas Partey doesn’t play the same role he plays for club in the National team . He plays either as 8 or 10 . Right behind the strikers , so our defenders has a lot to do , to be cautious , also to our attackers doesn’t need to sit back . We need to score them as many as we can cos they will score too , I can’t trust our goal keep .

The mission should be to outscore them. .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:33pm On Mar 20, 2022
Colin Udoh is hosting a Space on Twitter right now on the Nigeria vs Ghana game

Make una tune in if you can

If not, I may post a brief summary of what was said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2022
safarigirl:
Colin Udoh is hosting a Space on Twitter right now on the Nigeria vs Ghana game

Make una tune in if you can

If not, I may post a brief summary of what was said

Please post cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2022
up Bar4lona

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
elyte89:

Please post cool

Okay

Some things I heard

Jonathan Akpoborie is of the opinion that the new coach for Ghana will motivate the players to want to do more, in a bid to make it to the coach's team.
There is a possibility that the coach, who is just meeting his team for the first time, may not be able to instill his playing style in them within the short period of time before the game, that may be a disadvantage, but nothing major.

Idah Peterside while speaking on the mentality of the players, talked about how foreign-born players do not quite have the same mentality as the local born, but foreign-based players. He thinks the foreign born players are more concerned with getting caps, and do not understand the importance of winning games as much.

Akpoborie disagreed slightly and insisted that irrespective of where a player is born, professional footballers are always going to show up with the mentality to win and get three points.

Chisom Mbonu says she gives Ghana a 60% chance of qualifying over Nigeria, although man for man, she believes Nigeria has a better team. The unpredictability of playing Ghana hangs over the game.

Another speaker mentioned that he asked his friend in FIFA which country he would rather prefer between Nigeria and Ghana for the World Cup and he says he would prefer Nigeria

Nobody wants rich people to come and use the team for clout chsisng and grand standing. No distractions. Anyone who wants to give the team money should do it now or hold their peace.

Fire is under everybody's bumbum, from the GFA to the NFF. The entire GFA could lose their jobs if they fail to win and this is an election year in the NFF, so, winning is vital.

A Ghanaian journalist, Gary, was asked about the impact of the loss of Dede Ayew on the Ghanaian team and the journalist says Dede Ayew is a big game player and has a big personality, so, his absence will be felt.

Idah Peterside says he hopes Eguaveon drums up this match to the boys and its importance by bringing up the Ghana and Nigeria rivalries, including how much they diss our food and how they close the shops of Nigerians

There is a general consensus that Ghana is playing mind games and they are throwing out random news articles to destabilize Nigeria and get us to be complacent.

Ghana apparently sent an agent to Abuja to book a hotel for the team. Also, Kumasi had always been the most likely venue for Ghana, all that talk about not having a venue was a lie.

The referee for the game will be some Moroccan guy, there are a few concerns about officiating and how officials will use the VAR, hopefully, it is not used to cheat a team.

..... Eguaveon is apparently somewhere around and is listening to the Space, but dem say make he no talk.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:06pm On Mar 20, 2022
safarigirl:

Okay

Some things I heard

Jonathan Akpoborie is of the opinion that the new coach for Ghana will motivate the players to want to do more, in a bid to make it to the coach's team.

Idah Peterside while speaking on the mentality of the players, talked about how foreign-born players do not quite have the same mentality as the local born but foreign-based players.

Akpoborie disagreed slightly and insisted that irrespective of where a player is born, professional footballers are always going to show up with the mentality to win and get three points.

Chisom Mbonu says she gives Ghana a 60% chance of qualifying over Nigeria, although man for man, she believes Nigeria has a better team. The unpredictability of playing Ghana hangs over the game.

Another speaker mentioned that he asked his friend in FIFA which country he would rather prefer between Nigeria and Ghana for the World Cup and he says he would prefer Nigeria

A Ghanaian was asked about the impact of the loss of Dede Ayew on the Ghanaian team and the journalist says Dede Ayew is a big game player and has a big personality, so, his absence will be felt.

Idah Peterside says he hopes Eguaveon drums up this match to the boys and the importance by bringing up the Ghana and Nigeria rivalries, including how much they diss our food and how they close the shops of Nigerians

There is a general consensus that Ghana is playing mind games and they are throwing out random news articles to destabilize Nigeria and get us to be complacent.

Ghana apparently sent an agent to Abuja to book a hotel for the team.

..... Eguaveon is apparently somewhere around and is listening to the Space, but dem say make he no talk.
share link please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:11pm On Mar 20, 2022
maidaboi:
share link please

The Space has ended. I think it was technical problem, but E no dey on again

If it comes back up, I'll post a link.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2022
safarigirl:

The Space has ended. I think it was technical problem, but E no dey on again

If it comes back up, I'll post a link.
ok thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2022
Joebie:
leave Komekn.. let him help us scrape the best part of the rice pot.. we are waiting

Komekn no know say na for bottom of the pot d food dey sweet pass grin

Especially jollof rice grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:33pm On Mar 20, 2022
Joebie:
maybe Tunisia, but you could as well have shown evidences of my "predictions"
I am not a prophet. My position is based on my conviction. It's perfectly okay to disagree.. One thing you can be sure is that I will not be in the pitch for either side on both occasions.

Ok.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:45pm On Mar 20, 2022
Owngoal is reporting that Omeruo won’t be fit for the game and Awaziem have been called in to replace him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:51pm On Mar 20, 2022

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:08am On Mar 21, 2022
maidaboi:
up Bar4lona

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 12:40am On Mar 21, 2022
Aubameyang: World Class

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:05am On Mar 21, 2022
More from the Space

One Ghanaian guy talked about how prepared they are, man said everything is in place and they are ready to get the ticket against Nigeria. He promised to give Nigeria a tough game (he sounded offended that they were being written off by the previous speaker)

Another Ghanaian said that while Nigeria has a lot of stars, he thinks the team has too many Masters and they will not be able to play as a unit (very funny assumption), this guy also claimed that Nigeria's defense line is poor and porous (laughable considering his team allowed 7 goals into their net in 3 games), he also reckons that even though Ayew is unavailable, Kudus, is a great striker that can replace him. He assured us that the fact that Kudus is chopping bench in Ajax is because Ten Haag likes to rotate players, not because he's a sh*t player.

One guy thoroughly washed and dried Bonke. He said he isn't good enough, too cagey and is not worth the risk to start against an in form Partey in the midfield. His preferred players to replace Ndidi were Etebo and Semi Ajayi. Etebo because he had featured in the last World Cup Play off against Cameroon and is more suited for big games despite the fact he isn't match fit. Bonke has just one cap and it is risky to start a one cap player that has never shown up in a game of this magnitude.

Dem say Enyeama been dey the space, but he didn't get to speak

I would have really loved to hear his contribution, especially as regards our goalkeepers.

Anyway, there will possibly be another space on Wednesday, when the Nigerian team will travel to Ghana, hopefully, by then, Ghana would have released their Top Secret list.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:43am On Mar 21, 2022
do4luv14:
guys our bredes had started ooo

can you believe the hotel they reserve for our SE
It may not be as bad as you think. Besides, I think it should be the NFF that chose it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:48am On Mar 21, 2022
lexyman:

Thomas Partey doesn’t play the same role he plays for club in the National team . He plays either as 8 or 10 . Right behind the strikers , so our defenders has a lot to do , to be cautious , also to our attackers doesn’t need to sit back . We need to score them as many as we can cos they will score too , I can’t trust our goal keep .

The mission should be to outscore them. .
I don't think Ghana will score more than a goal in the two legs.

If I should predict, the game will end 1-nil or 1 all in Kumasi and 2 nil in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:05am On Mar 21, 2022
codemaniacs:

What if Osimhen gets injured either before the game or during the game.

What if Osimhen gets a red card.

What if any S.E player gets a red card then what will Eguavoen do

S.E and Eguavoen has to prepare and calm the players down because Ghana is going to try to get at least one of our players sent off..

Omo these what ifs plenty o.

They have bigger what ifs too now. Pk. Red card. Yellow cards.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:27am On Mar 21, 2022
I saw this but I didn't want to say, because it went against my previous prediction of two wins for us.
I am still hoping the previous comes to pass.
We have a big advantage playing the second leg at home.

modified

Let me clarify, it might also have been a 1-0 for us in the first leg. But the second leg was definitely 2-0 in favor of Nigeria

JohnBullMySon:
I don't think Ghana will score more than a goal in the two legs.

If I should predict, the game will end 1-nil or 1 all in Kumasi and 2 nil in Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 5:45am On Mar 21, 2022
Joebie:
Our opponents dey call up players here and there from farmers leagues and we are here criticising players that play in Ligue 1.
So if we do not have player in the top tier leagues we will just stay home and allow Ghana to walk over us?

modified
na komekn I dey ask oh.
At least since you have been complaining here you have been unable to name 10 players so that we can all join hands with you and push for call up.. at least OGN writers come here to feed on our discussions.

a handful of football analysts/writers come to this group daily to feed on the discussions that usually go on here about the SE. Most of them are active on football Twitter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 5:55am On Mar 21, 2022
komekn:

We are now scraping the bottom of the pot to get players ,who are anonymous in club and league.

We must be able to do so much better.
the important thing is the current form of the player. His he match rusty, his he a regular or a consistent player for the team he plays for? Bonke has started fc lorient last 7 games and he has been impressive....besides he plays in a top flight league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:39am On Mar 21, 2022
komekn:

We are now scraping the bottom of the pot to get players ,who are anonymous in club and league.

We must be able to do so much better.

Have you no shame? Were you not the same deluded fellow that said we could get over 20players from the Championship through the Europe top five leagues in place of Onazi? Could you please name those players and also tell us how Bonke doesn't fit in that criteria? Must you always talk like an imbecíle?

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2022
Too bad I will be going almost 2 weeks without xavi ball

I will just enjoy Luis Enrique good football and super eagles against Ghana

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 8:59am On Mar 21, 2022
SE Camp is opening today.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:11am On Mar 21, 2022
ChrisKels:

Have you no shame? We're you not the same deluded fellow that said we could get over 20players from the Championship through the Europe too five leagues in place of Onazi? Could you please name those players and also tell us how Bonke doesn't fit in that criteria? Must you always talk like an imbecíle?

He is the grand master of double standard, so what did you expect? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:12am On Mar 21, 2022
Ghana sqaud list is going to drop today...

Jordan Ayew won't be there.. He's down with covid... Without the Ayew brothers, they are most likely to line up with a new attacking team...

Also rumours if Hudson Odoi being there...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 9:16am On Mar 21, 2022
Leon Balogun has arrived in camp

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 21, 2022
Danielnino00:
Ghana sqaud list is going to drop today...

Jordan Ayew won't be there.. He's down with covid... Without the Ayew brothers, they are most likely to line up with a new attacking team...

Also rumours if Hudson Odoi being there...
Hudson odoi has to apply for a nationality switch. Don't think he has.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:17am On Mar 21, 2022
Ghana 0 - 3 Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:40am On Mar 21, 2022
They've been firing back at the reactions of Nigerians sha grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dankorode(m): 9:44am On Mar 21, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Ghana 0 - 3 Nigeria
na your prediction be that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 10:01am On Mar 21, 2022
daveP:
They've been firing back at the reactions of Nigerians sha grin

This one is not campaign for aspirant the future of Nigeria rests on the next president

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12833) (12834) (12835) (12836) (12837) (12838) (12839) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.