Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12980) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11703952 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12977) (12978) (12979) (12980) (12981) (12982) (12983) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:27am On Mar 30, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
You know I mean Michael Olise right? As in Algeria Nigeria World Cup qualification saga grin
grin I know bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:28am On Mar 30, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Did you read that I said that it DAWNED ON ME TODAY that outside influences will not allow our football grow. It is more than tactics or good coaching.

This dawned on me in 2006. Funny we are still at this same table.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:30am On Mar 30, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
For once.

Terminate Eguavoen's contract and give Amunike the job.
Sounds like

"Buhari is Nigeria's Problem. Vote for Osinbajo."

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:33am On Mar 30, 2022
Even if we had such a player, AE tactics would make him look mediocre. KTE!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:34am On Mar 30, 2022
So Tunisia and Haram football are going to Qatar

grin Chriskels, explain to us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:35am On Mar 30, 2022
safarigirl:

He should be talking about that, so that they understand the importance of even showing up at a World Cup

He has been there and done that. So many of them on that team cannot say same and he is reminding them what is at stake, E be like to qualify no dey do them again.

They should go back and rewatch that Haram football they subjected over 20 million people to on Friday, so they can see what boredom really looks like.

Looks like the talk was indeed boring talk after all. grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 12:36am On Mar 30, 2022
Tears all over the nation, time to go back to our favorite place “ drawing board “

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:40am On Mar 30, 2022
Glad to hear
DrLikita12:

I've been alright, thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:45am On Mar 30, 2022
No be only drawing board. Na panel dem go set this time. Useless administrators. They let Rohr stay too long even when it was clear we were not moving forward. They appointed Yobo (apprentice) and Aigbogun (serial failure). They flirted with Peseiro (another lightweight coach). Then they gave Eguavoen too much powers, a coach who was carried away with Westerhoff’s philosophy of the early 90s. That’s mediocrity in continuity.

Triniti:
Tears all over the nation, time to go back to our favorite place “ drawing board “

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 12:49am On Mar 30, 2022
Kayyy:

Good observation, but it takes good coaches who have learnt the modern game to achieve this , all this new tactics like ball possession and retention, gengepressing , defending in a block, using fill backs as playmakers , have to be studied and then you analyse which pattern suits your available boys

That is my issue with Eguavoen and co.

Forget name, Otto Addo was born and bred in Germany. He understands and implements the modern game. Guy came in and got Ghana up to shape in days. Eguavoen has been with this team since December last year and they are still struggling to link up and find each other on the pitch.

I said it before, we do not play as a team and it will haunt us. We rely too much on individual talents: what Osimhen can do, what Simon can do etc. instead of what the overarching team can do in unison.

Our next coach must prioritize making us press, pass and create chances as a unit rather than just throwing big names around.

PS: Osimhen I saw today is not worth 50 million pounds, let alone 100 million. All na hype. There was a ball he got on the right wing that he crossed to the skies, those attempted bicycle kicks could have been controlled and placed, poor offside awareness multiple times in the game etc. He has heart but his decision making is so poor to be worth that much. He can use that gra-gra to boss Serie A but when he goes to bigger leagues like the Champions League and EPL he will be badly exposed.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 12:54am On Mar 30, 2022
Joezinho:
Person still dey mention nwakali...

Una never learn lesson yet.
grin grin Don't mind them, filling the team with non performing players is what they want

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jasmine80: 12:56am On Mar 30, 2022
drDoom3:

That is my issue with Eguavoen and co.

Forget name, Otto Addo was born and bred in Germany. He understands and implements the modern game. Guy came in and got Ghana up to shape in days. Eguavoen has been with this team since December last year and they are still struggling to link up and find each other on the pitch.

I said it before, we do not play as a team and it will haunt us. We rely too much on individual talents: what Osimhen can do, what Simon can do etc. instead of what the overarching team can do in unison.

Our next coach must prioritize making us press, pass and create chances as a unit rather than just throwing big names around.

PS: Osimhen I saw today is not worth 50 million pounds, let alone 100 million. All na hype. There was a ball he got on the right wing that he crossed to the skies, those attempted bicycle kicks could have been controlled and placed, poor offside awareness multiple times in the game etc. He has heart but his decision making is so poor to be worth that much. He can use that gra-gra to boss Serie A but when he goes to bigger leagues like the Champions League and EPL he will be badly exposed.

Osimehn is an overrated piece of shit. Na slap I go slap anyone wey go hype that guy here

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:09am On Mar 30, 2022
I'm just trying to remember all the funny things I've read on this thread since the AFCON exit. I'll be naming them one by one as I remember

1) 'Nwakaeme is too old for this team. We have a plethora of wingers who are better than him'. Well I guess Ahmed Musa and underperforming Chukwueze are the 'better wingers'.

2) 'Uzoho cannot make that kind of mistake that Maduka made. Uzoho is more confident.' Maybe nah his agbero face dey deceive una. They are both the same.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:14am On Mar 30, 2022
Y'all shouldn't take this loss too seriously grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:20am On Mar 30, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Y'all shouldn't take this loss too seriously grin

grin grin
Eyes don dey red for here. More to come later in the day.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:29am On Mar 30, 2022
My interest in SE going forward will depend on who the coach is. Also if Pinnick continues with his antics, I go shift attention to Tennis lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:30am On Mar 30, 2022
Apprentice talk..
daveP:
fact. See Asst Coach comment.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:46am On Mar 30, 2022
Icon79:
Yup. I am happy that 3 West African countries are going to the World Cup. Those Arab nations don’t usually perform on the world stage.

O pari

Senegal, Ghana and which other west african country sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:50am On Mar 30, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

You are just attacking. You are not really making a point.

Today, I became bitter because I have seen we will not play the way I want and also we have influences that will not allow it happen.

For instance, we needed Iheanacho towards the end. But, he must play Ighalo. No one should tell me anything, it is influenced. Iheanacho is the only striker we have that can drop deep and hit a decent pass. He is good at crossing. He has a good shooting range.

Should Musa come in ahead of someone like Amoo?
Iheanacho played 90 minutes in the first leg, he didn't hit any shot on target neither did he drop deep or give any passes to lead to anything that was meaningful.

The team has shown us that they don't deserve to be in the tournament.

Strikers missing sitters, selfish showboating wingers.

They've been squandering chances since the Afcon and Eguavoen refused to address it.

Our local coaches have done it again.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:50am On Mar 30, 2022
Switching gears, Burkina Faso, CIV and SA just go disgrace Africa with the friendlies they played today. Maybe CAF suppose dey approve intercontinental friendlies involving African teams grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:53am On Mar 30, 2022
Jasmine80:

Shut up your foolish mouth he missed 2 half chances that world class strikers will convert. Ewu
This insult is not necessary

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:56am On Mar 30, 2022
opes:
Sunday Dare that forced local coach on this team should be happy now. The so called local coaches have not achieved anything outside the country, to them, it is their birth right to coach super Eagles. AE that couldnt achieve anything with Sunshine Stars and the jobless Amuneke were the best to qualify us for world cup? what an insult
grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:00am On Mar 30, 2022
Damioduso1:
Alloy Agu should please exit that goal keeping Coach role in the national team . He can't scout for good quality goal keeper for the national team . His also part of people that contribute to our failer today
Those hailing Uzoho should have watched the caliber of goals he conceded against England and Seychelles.
Akpeyi is almost 36 and the Nigerian league doesn't have quality goalkeepers.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:01am On Mar 30, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
For once.

Terminate Eguavoen's contract and give Amunike the job.
grin grin So that if we fail to qualify for Afcon 2023 we will then give it to Taribo West or maybe recall Oliseh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:04am On Mar 30, 2022
DanOKC:
Italy grooming Caleb okoli, look at him in the heart of defense for there U21.

When he matures up, NFF will start wana- about, snapping pictures around.

Useless team, ure losing and playing like that, even teams winning don't play like that.

Our international break don end, when league start back, hyping and over hyping go start again. Monster machine and all other rubbish names, your side needs a goal and you're waiting for a ghanain player to come so that you will dribble.
They are the only ones that feel big approaching dual nationals.
Germany and other top teams to waste time to drag players eligible to represent them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 2:07am On Mar 30, 2022
Amaju pinnick,Eguavoen and the other coaches should resign honorably.
It's high time we get a decent foreign coach and rebuild from the scratch.
Since the exit of Vincent Enyeama and Carl Ikeme from the team,Its been one goalkeeping error to another.

Going forward, I expect the NFF to hand over the goalkeeping department to Carl Ikeme.

We are in a dearth of quality midfielders. Most of what we have are destroyers. We lack ball carriers and orchestrators. Its best we have midfielders with various skill sets.

Amaju Pinnick should resign with immediate effect. Who hands over a team to a failure?,If my memory serves me right, A.E has failed us 3-4 times now.
Indigenous coaches don't cut it when it comes to the S.E, they perform better only with the cadet teams.

N.F.F better scout for a good foreign coach.
A.E,Amunike,Paul,Dr Terry and Alloy Agu must quit the team.I have seen enough of what local coaches can do and they don't inspire me at all.

So many things have gone wrong in the N.F.F.
Some of us are privy to some information.
Too many politics going on.

Its high time we know that what we have are bang average players with the exception of only a few so our expectations should be not high.

I miss the good old days of the U17 thread during the heydays of Coach Manu Garba. We had great fun on that thread. Many then never knew that Coach Manu Garba and Nduka were following that thread keenly.Members of that thread were family. There was mutual respect,love and understanding.Members shared in depth analysis of the game without been biased,emotional and sentimental.

Coach A.E visits this thread as a guest so don't be surprised he started a 4-3-3 formation against Ghana.

This thread has become toxic for some of us.
Insults littering everywhere just because of the love of the game.

Abeg make mynd44 close this thread joor.
I think it has served it's use already.
Let another thread take its place.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 2:13am On Mar 30, 2022
The most painful part was the lack of urgency in our play.

Like don't these guys know what it means to wear the super eagles shirt?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 2:48am On Mar 30, 2022
The one silver lining in the failure of the SE to advance to Qatar is that we would be more focused on the failing of our political leaders..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:49am On Mar 30, 2022
Anyway, where is that guy that said 4 North African teams would make it to World Cup?

He did not tag me again, but if he is anywhere around, I would like to remind him that my prediction of 2 was the correct one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jasmine80: 2:56am On Mar 30, 2022
Nigerians do not like to take accountability or responsibility for their actions that’s why people are trying to heal the blame solely on Eguavoen. For me, Nigeria fans, NFF, Eguavoen and the players are all responsible for today’s loss. If our fans were pressurizing NFF to sack Rohr, he would had been the coach and we would had qualified. If Eguavoen had invited a balanced squad nko or our players failing to convert half chances. This is a life lesson
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 3:02am On Mar 30, 2022
CaptainStephen:
The most painful part was the lack of urgency in our play.

Like don't these guys know what it means to wear the super eagles shirt?

The coach and players showed some a lot of overconfidence or arrogance like it's a birthright for them to win the game. Ghana showed humility, determination and grit and deservedly are through.

I mentioned here earlier that the away goal will hurt us particularly if Ghana score first and they did just that...Simon Moses missing that big chance in Kumasi and the penalty decision rescinded were the key moments of this tie from the Nigerian perspective. I saw a lot of chestbeating here like the Ghanaians wouldn't be able to score in Abuja.

There is a certain killer instinct that this team lacks...which I think is mental. A new coach would have to fix that too.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12977) (12978) (12979) (12980) (12981) (12982) (12983) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla, elyte89, MegaStarr(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.