Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,054 members, 7,832,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12985) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11767714 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12982) (12983) (12984) (12985) (12986) (12987) (12988) ... (16188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 10:48am On Mar 30, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

That does not prove anything ooo. Are u saying northerners are the only disruptive fans? Because that would be wrong. I can point out situations in almost every city with an NPFL club.
No
There are cultists, thugs in the south too
Not educating citizens will lead to chaos and full blown war with the way the country is going
That chaotic incident yesterday, undecided uncivilized lots
The government has failed its people
North have the highest number of uneducated people
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2022
milann:
I recommend a new name for this thread: Dream Eagles "Time to Rebuild from the scratch" Abi Andrewbaba44 how you take see am

Hmmm ,you have a point

We go table the matter with others soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:53am On Mar 30, 2022
yinkeys:

No
There are cultists, thugs in the south too

My brother it is all of us. People like you and me. Even a Dakkada coach attacked a referee not too long ago and most of the disruption in uyo is caused by so called well off people who feel entitled.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 10:55am On Mar 30, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

My brother it is all of us. People like you and me. Even a Dakkada coach attacked a referee not too long ago and most of the disruption in uyo is caused by so called well off people who feel entitled.
Mr American it’s not me
You don’t even know me
Already judging the entire country by incidents that happened yesterday
Very wrong to say all Nigerians are scammers too. Maybe you hit officials but I know it’s only unenlightened people that will do that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:02am On Mar 30, 2022
dijon:
Mention any tactical play or knowledge infused or you saw in the third phase of the field that would have resulted into goal.

We played into the hand of the Ghanian coach tactic book. He was so confident in his tactics against our archaic coach that he never doubted his team would come out better even though he possessed lesser quality player.
I doff my hat for coach Otto Ado....

Our own Ex- Internationals want to coach Super Eagles without a coaching badge or internship from a reputable club side in Europe.

I said months ago that we should not be in a fools paradise , but no we felt we are the giant if Africa and Ghana are too small.

When my good Friend Chris Houghton became director of Sport plus Otto the Coach, l knew Ghana would be highly organised and the opportunity for dubious selection mitigated considerably.

Of course many of us with this view were castigated and dismissed with the normal debased rhetoric.

There is no joy in this situation, I too expected initially better things from Eguavon but by when he began to anchor ⚓ his strategy and vision. From an era of near 30 years ago.

I began to have doubts, his selection of Nwakali a key pointer of a deviation from measured objectivity to emotive preference.

But being a biased Nigerian I hoped for the best.

We sacked Rohr arbitrarily in my opinion but then again being biased l thought we had a saviour in Eguavon.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:03am On Mar 30, 2022
yinkeys:

Mr American it’s not me
You don’t even know me
Already judging the entire country by incidents that happened yesterday
Very wrong to say all Nigerians are scammers too. Maybe you hit officials but I know it’s only unenlightened people that will do that

What are u talking about Who is judging u? It was a simple statement. I was basically saying people like u and me are normal and sensible.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:12am On Mar 30, 2022
So Egypt used lasers in Cairo also ?

I love what the Senegalese did to them

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 11:13am On Mar 30, 2022
Ppogbae:

Nobody say this. I enjoy your content but please lets not fabricate lies on here

I'm no content creator , neither am I a purveyor of falsification. Ghana did a number on you loud mouthed Nigerians with their shitty team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:13am On Mar 30, 2022
So the Ghana Goalie plays for Swindon? I think this ends this stale Gk discussion for good. Let's end it once and for all. Infact, Ezenwa has been the ONLY GOALIE that made us not disturbed about that aspect since Ikeme.

Yeah he was barely tested yesterday, but he commanded his spot well considering where he plays. 4th division!!!

Infact that spot should NEVER be given to a foreign based ever again!!

AE is talking so proudly rn.

'i will return to my TD job'

Chaiii. He shouldn't even be there one bit.

Queiroz and Djamel have stepped down. He's yet to even say anything sane.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:15am On Mar 30, 2022
andrewbaba44:
So Egypt used lasers in Cairo also ?

I love what the Senegalese did to them
Senegal has given us a blueprint for playing North African teams. Tit for tat. The thing is we barely want to play dirty when we meet them. Dunno who we dey fear all those times.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:16am On Mar 30, 2022
Joebie:
Apprentice talk..
He seems to be the only Asst with a big voice to the press too.

The fear now is whoever wants to take over, nff will force him on them. Is it by force

He never even do anything for Cadet Level. Na senior team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 11:17am On Mar 30, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Half cooked super stars ,lol ,inferiority complex is written all over you just like all Ghanians

Names don’t play football but better players are in better clubs so what’s stopping your players

Your left back Dennis odoi hasn’t play in any better league or better club at 34 yet he is better than sanusi of Porto cheesy cheesy

Dennis odoi was so useless at the epl and not good enough to make Fulham match day squad for a full season that he managed only 3 games grin
. This man since Ghana used Uber to send them away from the world cup yesterday after all his yarns

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 11:18am On Mar 30, 2022
ChrisKels:
I hope Maduka cheered up the heroics of Uzoho in our last match?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:18am On Mar 30, 2022
kingphilip:

Na to organise friendly with them and North Macedonia de play during world cup be that.
grin Walahi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 11:20am On Mar 30, 2022
grin grin
Kool2me:
grin grin grin
Ghana Must go
Back to Ghana empty handed grin
This Ghana match is just a Formality, Naija already in Qatar touring the stadiums grin grin grin

���� Formality you know

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 11:21am On Mar 30, 2022
daveP:
So the Ghana Goalie plays for Swindon? I think this ends this stale Gk discussion for good. Let's end it once and for all. Infact, Ezenwa has been the ONLY GOALIE that made us not disturbed about that aspect since Ikeme.

Yeah he was barely tested yesterday, but he commanded his spot well considering where he plays. 4th division!!!

Infact that spot should NEVER be given to a foreign based ever again!!

AE is talking so proudly rn.

'i will return to my TD job'

Chaiii. He shouldn't even be there one bit.

Queiroz and Djamel have stepped down. He's yet to even say anything sane.
It may interest you to know that many African goalies and players presently were born abroad.

I keep saying this. If the local league players were that good. Why have they not impressed at the CAF champions league? Perennial group stage exits.

Our problem is teamplay. We need a coach who can just get it right. Anything home-based vs foreign based is emotional BS. That's partially the reason we are were we are. Even beyond football.

Nigerians should learn to think straight.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Why won’t I be back to akpeyi to use as an example since una rate Maduka ans uzoho wey don cost una grin

With your uzoho and Maduka naija no go smell semi finals for that afcon

Akpeyi is 36 ,he won’t play forever ,the point remains that he didn’t do errors at tournaments like lord Maduka and lord uzoho ,weda kazier chief wan offload am or not no consign me

No change mouth ,90 percent of people blame am for mahrez freekick
As far as I'm concerned. Maduka is still our best keeper. Go back and watch the Algeria and Tunisia friendly highlights then you'll get what I'm saying.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 11:24am On Mar 30, 2022
"Uzoho is better than Okoye"

-Retards.

Someone that has been soaking hot bench in Almighty Cyprus,una no allow anybody hear word, one even said the person that qualifies us for wc should retain the starting shirt and should never return it to Okoye, same player that has been on fire through out the month of March.

Let me not even say anything about the coach, coach Emmanuel of Amaze fc here in Ojo will do better than that, asked him what his tactics was and he responded by asking the presenter if she knows Guadiola,man removed Onyeka that was one of the few players that knew what away goal rule meant and put in a finished player.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 11:27am On Mar 30, 2022
andrewbaba44:
After Nigeria qualifies today

blueelf trust me you won’t find this thread sweet for you anymore

I know you are praying for naija to loose ,I will give you premium trolling that will result to something else grin

I pity you in advance as you aren’t ready for what’s about to hit you ,you will surely go on ghost mode

Once the time comes be bold and don’t be a coward

Nigerians , trust me... You won't find this thread sweet for you anymore grin grin grin... This man bagging Ls left and centre like Partey shot. Don't get depressed St Andrew

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:

U this Ghana man, u talk too much. I expect u to leave this forum permanently after ur team gets walloped today. And pls never return.

Still on Exile ? Where ever you are , Smile

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:31am On Mar 30, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
As far as I'm concerned. Maduka is still our best keeper. Go back and watch the Algeria and Tunisia friendly highlights then you'll get what I'm saying.

For now no better keeper

Stop rating GK by friendlies ,do well for friendlies he reach important games you go come do nonsense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:32am On Mar 30, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
It may interest you to know that many African goalies and players presently were born abroad.

I keep saying this. If the local league players were that good. Why have they not impressed at the CAF champions league? Perennial group stage exits.

Our problem is teamplay. We need a coach who can just get it right. Anything home-based vs foreign based is emotional BS. That's partially the reason we are were we are. Even beyond football.

And now these same Foreign born ones, we don't have the best, why?

The best we've ever had was from the local league. You may be right about bias in a way, but somethings are simply facts. If we ignore, we'd always end up in error. My focus is the gk dept for now, not the whole team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:32am On Mar 30, 2022
gustav25:

Nigerians , trust me... You won't find this thread sweet for you anymore grin grin grin... This man bagging Ls left and centre like Partey shot. Don't get depressed St Andrew

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 11:33am On Mar 30, 2022
lexyman:
some Ghanaians will cry today grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:34am On Mar 30, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

So you expect a good GK to carry a team with poor players ?

Put de gea or Mendy and might still not get past the group stage with poor players

I am not a fan of the npfl but you are capping big time here by expecting a gk to carry his team past the group stage of the caf champions league when the players are not that good

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 11:35am On Mar 30, 2022
Surebaba01:

Yen yen yen … that one that was sweating before National anthem

Juju or no juju we go lash una black and blue

Panel beater

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 11:36am On Mar 30, 2022
Surebaba01:

Go and do that in your own platform
panel beater , howfar na

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:37am On Mar 30, 2022
Odunayaw:
grin Walahi
Time no de o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:37am On Mar 30, 2022
The senseless OAPs are talking again. Sometimes e dey do me like say make I enter my phone go knack these people small sense.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 11:40am On Mar 30, 2022
COOL10:
The senseless OAPs are talking again. Sometimes e dey do me like say make I enter my phone go knack these people small sense.

on which station
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2022
daveP:
And now these same Foreign born ones, we don't have the best, why?

The best we've ever had was from the local league. You may be right about bias in a way, but somethings are simply facts. If we ignore, we'd always end up in error. My focus is the gk dept for now, not the whole team.
Thegoodjoe have been shouting since for a proper screening to be done just like that of the age grade to be able to get the best across all positions and I think that's the way to go in this goalkeeper issue.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 11:40am On Mar 30, 2022
Alloy Agu should be replaced with Vincent Enyeama has the super eagle's goal keeping Coach right now. One of the things that coast us the world cup tickets is the goal keeping area of our team. Most Nigerians will not watch this coming world cup in Qatar cos of the absence of Nigeria

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12982) (12983) (12984) (12985) (12986) (12987) (12988) ... (16188) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maidaboi(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.