Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,957 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11723656 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndreTAyodeji(m): 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2017
AIG07:
if Aina can make it from the championship, I don't see reason why Aluko should be excluded.
Being in the championship doesnt stop his invitation.Aluko just seem to me not to be lucky,Right now i will pick him ahead of Moses Simon because he trumps Simon in every aspect dribbling,technical ability,final balls,decision making,experience,tactical flexibility,can play AM and RF e.t.c. Watched his last season highlights on the tube few days ago and he still got it,you can also take a moment to watch the clip and see for yourself!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
What you drinking? I mean I will buy you a drink for that.

safarigirl:
if Victor Moses is there, I honestly don't see the need for Kayode undecided, all these ones about pace and dribbling on counter, that's Musa's forte.

The list is fine IMO, it's not like we are missing one prolific goal scorer.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
Joebie:
Anyone can scout. I'm only saying Manu Garba is tested and proven. That's track record. Don't change what is already working.
Those young lads don't need too much coaching.. Our academies are very good at that. Degrees and certificates is as good as paper. Let's see your hand work. I'm not dismissing Finidi. I'd rather like him to apply for U20.. It get's more technical from that age grade.

if you don't give him the opportunity how will you know he is a good Scout or not... Let give him opportunity and see what he can offer...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
And after that, who do we give next? We keep given new people opportunity even when nothing is broken. My brother, na naija matter bet that.. the process of screening na just long story.. lots of underhand business going on. so it become necessary to do it again and again.

bishop88:
if you don't give him the opportunity how will you know he is a good Scout or not... Let give him opportunity and see what he can offer...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
AndreTAyodeji:
Being in the championship doesnt stop his invitation.Aluko just seem to me not to be lucky,Right now i will pick him ahead of Moses Simon because he trumps Simon in every aspect dribbling,technical ability,final balls,decision making,experience,tactical flexibility,can play AM and RF e.t.c. Watched his last season highlights on the tube few days ago and he still got it,you can also take a moment to watch the clip and see for yourself!

I agree with you based on creative ability, I will pick Aluko ahead of Simon. However, I respect Rohr's choices.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
haha.. read your statement again. Do you know if Rohr is satisfied with is current midfielders? giggle at yourself

AIG07:
funny you... So selection criterias defers with position.

I can't but giggle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2017
Glad Aaron is on standby. I've seen one of Nwakaeme's goal. For that goal alone, he needs to hang out with the big boys.

Humility017:

Dear...how are you so sure of that Israeli based guy attacking prowess...
I once watched his game...I wasn't it too impressed though considering his missed chances...
anyway let's be hopefully he can do another Aaron Samuel on us...
and for ighalo...he has never impressed me on the eagles shirt...except the goal he scored in Brussels last time we played the Cameroonians in a friendly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 10:44pm On Aug 22, 2017
not really impressed with the list
Wat is musa doing there?? he is match rusty
I prefer kayode or onyekuru in his place
apart from that I am really scared of that GK dept
well let's hope akpeyi has learnt his mistakes
am in support of ighalo upfront cos he has the strength of bullying the Cameroonian defence and creating space for nacho and vicmo
hope he replicate his club form into the national team
Am really impressed with the midfield list
it is really mouthwatering
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
..................................................Nwakeme(CF)
.S. Moses(LMF).................Iheanacho(AMF).................V. Moses(RMF)
................................................................Mikel(CMF)
............................................Ndidi(DMF)
......Echiejile(LB).....................................................................Aina(RB)
.........................Balogun(CB)....................Ekong(CB)
...................................................Alampasu(GK)

My preliminary starting eleven. There will be fluctuations in my list as camping reports filter in. Nwakeme got the nod ahead of Ighalo because of his skills and pace which I feel is a critical factor to break down the Camerounians.

S. Moses also breaks in over Iwobi based on the same criteria. He just needs to focus on working with his team mates. Iwobi needs to do lots of stamina training if he is to make it with the team. Based on stamina, speed and skills, Simon gets the nod.

Aina comes in based on his training with Chelsea and getting the nod to play under Conte. That is a big plus.

Alampasu gets my nod due to previous reports of his performance in camp. But, Ezenwa is a huge challenge.

Onazi dropped because of the gaps he left in the last game.
Lol....you're always funny...
see your reason for drop of onazi...
let me tell you...ndidi will do worse...the dude is more offensive minded...mikel agu would have been better...
because he is better disciplined when it comes to shielding back 4.....

and on Nwakeme striking for us....not on a game like this...we will throw in a debutant as a striker...
well...you well said...your list will be altered as camping progress
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndreTAyodeji(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2017
Joebie:
I dey suspect some of una for this thread oh.. from now on, make una declare your tribe. I know we are very tribalistic people..
Don't hype the player oh. I'm happy he is in the list, and Im praying he helps us fortify our defense somewhat.. but please.. that massive talent comparison small small o.

LOL,No hyping bro and i am not being tribalistic.However, the fact that he's got nominated in the whoscored's team of the week twice in 4 rounds of games speaks a lot about his talent and potential and remember this is his first taste of professional football so he can only get better.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2017
............................................Nwakeme(CF)
Musa(LMF).................Iheanacho(AMF).................V. Moses(RMF)
.......................................Ndidi(DMF).....Mikel(CMF)
......Echiejile(LB).....................................................................Aina(RB)

Very early review and revision of the list. Simon Moses out for Musa. Musa comes in because of his speed and directness. Unlike Simon Moses who delays some times when he is with the ball, Musa's direct run into the gaps of the defence gives Mikel good options to deliver accurate defense splitting balls.

V. Moses also offers this.

So Musa takes the left midfield role.

Stay tuned for more updates.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndreTAyodeji(m): 10:53pm On Aug 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with you based on creative ability, I will pick Aluko ahead of Simon. However, I respect Rohr's choices.
Same here,Rohr calls the shots!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2017
Decent line up. I believe Victor Moses can support Aina at the right side, in case of defense deficiencies. Can Simon support Echiejile as well. I'm thinking balance, because our full backs is suspect.

TheGoodJoe:

..................................................Nwakeme(CF)
.S. Moses(LMF).................Iheanacho(AMF).................V. Moses(RMF)
................................................................Mikel(CMF)
............................................Ndidi(DMF)

My preliminary starting eleven. There will be fluctuations in my list as camping reports filter in. Nwakeme got the nod ahead of Ighalo because of his skills and pace which I feel is a critical factor to break down the Camerounians.

S. Moses also breaks in over Iwobi based on the same criteria. He just needs to focus on working with his team mates. Iwobi needs to do lots of stamina training if he is to make it with the team. Based on stamina, speed and skills, Simon gets the nod.

Aina comes in based on his training with Chelsea and getting the nod to play under Conte. That is a big plus.

Alampasu gets my nod due to previous reports of his performance in camp. But, Ezenwa is a huge challenge.

Onazi dropped because of the gaps he left in the last game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
don't use that word massive talent.. that's a hype. Trust me, i've watched the lad. Will you drop your opinion, should he miss out on a mention in subsequent rounds?

AndreTAyodeji:
LOL,No hyping bro and i am not being tribalistic.However, the fact that he's got nominated in the whoscored's team of the week twice in 4 rounds of games speaks a lot about his talent and potential and remember this is his first taste of professional football so he can only get better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
Ighalo, strength? bullying?
If he can deliver the goals, why not?. But strength and bullying are not his attributes.

femianski:
not really impressed with the list
Wat is musa doing there?? he is match rusty
I prefer kayode or onyekuru in his place
apart from that I am really scared of that GK dept
well let's hope akpeyi has learnt his mistakes
am in support of ighalo upfront cos he has the strength of bullying the Cameroonian defence and creating space for nacho and vicmo
hope he replicate his club form into the national team
Am really impressed with the midfield list
it is really mouthwatering

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
Aina, Kayode.. Who next?.. I want to hear you make a strong case for someone else.. hahaha

AndreTAyodeji:
My brother Rohr goofed if big time by not inviting kayode.A versatile forward who can play anywhere across the front line, A striker who can drop deep and contribute to the teams build up play, A forward who can burn cameroon's with his pace on the counter and with his dribbling skill and create chances for the likes of Moses is not invited?Even if he doesnt start he can be a impact sub in the second half but Rohr thinks otherwise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2017
I Cant WAit!!!

Roma Nura Abdullahi Believes He Is Now Ready To Solve Super Eagles Full Back Woes
August 22, 20170109

‎As the day when he could potentially make his first team debut for Roma draws near, 19 year old Nigerian defender Nura Abdullahi has stake a bold claim on the Super Eagles right full back postion.

Nura who could make his first team bow for Roma this weekend against Inter-Milan following the injury Bruno Perez sustained in their first league game, the 1-0 win over Atalanta.

The right full back who is well known for his pace, marking and overlapping runs from his full back role says all he need now is game time at Roma, before he can lay claim to the Super Eagles right back slot.

“I honestly believe I can be the solution to the Super Eagles right back issues but I need to get games at Roma, that is my aim for now and not the national team.

” Roma is the right place for me to learn and grow in my position as a right back or winger. I have never been this fit in a while so this could be my breakthrough season at Roma, the season is just getting started so the hard work starts now”, Nura exclusively told Owngoalnigeria.com.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:12pm On Aug 22, 2017
Icon4s:

Victor Moses would have made a lot of difference against SA.

I don't need to remind of how he demolished the Algerian back wall to score that first goal against Algeria. That penetrating ability typical of Moses was lacking against SA.

As I have said before we don't have enough fire power upfront to confine Victor Moses to a Right Full back position. We need him attacking the opposition for 90mins.

I don't have worries about our back line. The quartet we know that will likely start I know will be fine.

We just need a disciplined midfield to take the pressure off the defence.

Moses Simon was the tormentor in chief against SA. I guess the only thing that was missing was the good fortune Victor had against Algeria especially for the first goal.

We need a strong defense, we cannot depend on scoring goals we have to be steady at the back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:52pm On Aug 22, 2017
Famocious:
List of invited players for Cameroon games
THE FULL LIST

Goalkeepers:
Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa);
Ikechukwu Ezenwa (FC IfeanyiUbah)
Dele Alampasu (Cesarense FC, Portugal)

Defenders:
William Ekong (Bursaspor FC, Turkey);
Abdullahi Shehu (Anorthosis Famagusta, Cyprus);
Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz 05, Germany);
Tyronne Ebuehi (ADO Den Haag, The Netherlands); Elderson Echiejile (Sivasspor FC, Turkey);
Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes FC, France);
Ola Aina (Hull City, England)

Midfielders:
Mikel John Obi (Tianjin Teda, China);
Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor FC, Turkey);
Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England);
Oghenekaro Etebo (CD Feirense, Portugal);
John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel);
Mikel Agu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey)

Forwards:
Ahmed Musa (Leicester City, England);
Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England);
Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium);
Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England);
Odion Ighalo (Chang Chun-Yatai, China);
Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England);
Anthony Nwakaeme (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel)

STANDBY:
Uche Agbo (Standard Liege, Belgium);
Henry Onyekuru (Anderlecht FC, Belgium);
Kenneth Omeruo (Chelsea FC, England);
Aaron Samuel (CSKA Moscow, Russia);
Alhassan Ibrahim (Akwa United);
Stephen Eze (FC IfeanyiUbah);
Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (Akwa United)
Source: NFF twitter handle

No Osimhen??

I thought some people here think Rohr favours him..

Anyway its a good list (except for the goalie). I'm gutted Kayode didn't make the list..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 22, 2017
Ola Aina may have issues with positioning nevertheless the less he is a quality player.
No player is 100%
It is also refreshing to have him and ebuehi in contention for the RB slot, both players link well with the attack something shehu also lacks in his play.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:56pm On Aug 22, 2017
Don't know why Kayode is being left out...personally I'd pick him over Ighalo. It should've been a pick between Ighalo or Nwakeme. Musa and Moses Simon will always make the team even if they don't play for a season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chimzyblack(m): 12:24am On Aug 23, 2017
I'm totally in love with this list but I will still point out that I am really bothered about our goalkeeping aspect.
for me it is a 4-2-3-1 formation

ighalo (CF)

V.Moses (Lwf) Iheanacho(Amf/SS) Musa(Rwf)

Mikel(Cmf) Onazi(Dmf)

Echiegile (Lb) Leon(Cb) Ekon(Cb) Shehu (Rb)

Akpeyi(Gk)

Subs: 1.Etebo for Iheanacho
( Mikel moves to the Amf)
2.Ndidi for onazi
3. Nwaekeme for Ighalo

But also considering the physicality of the Cameroonian Etebo might Start in place of Iheanacho and Mikel will then play The Amf position.
with this formation, if the team is clinical in front of Goal and also defend as a unit which is the key ingredient of this formation. I see no reason why that match will not end 3-0 in favour of the super eagles. Because looking at this my set up all I see is goal.. goal... goal....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 12:34am On Aug 23, 2017
This may be the initial 30-man list for the World Cup next year cheesy The likes of Kayode, Emmanuel Daniel, Onyekuru, already have have a fight on their hands.
But if Carl Ikeme recovers from leukemia in time, I would put him in my the list, and take out Akpeyi. Dele Alampasu, Daniel and Ezenwa are clear upgrades on Akpeyi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:56am On Aug 23, 2017
Famocious:
List of invited players for Cameroon games
THE FULL LIST

Goalkeepers:
Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa);
Ikechukwu Ezenwa (FC IfeanyiUbah)
Dele Alampasu (Cesarense FC, Portugal)

Defenders:
William Ekong (Bursaspor FC, Turkey);
Abdullahi Shehu (Anorthosis Famagusta, Cyprus);
Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz 05, Germany);
Tyronne Ebuehi (ADO Den Haag, The Netherlands); Elderson Echiejile (Sivasspor FC, Turkey);
Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes FC, France);
Ola Aina (Hull City, England)

Midfielders:
Mikel John Obi (Tianjin Teda, China);
Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor FC, Turkey);
Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England);
Oghenekaro Etebo (CD Feirense, Portugal);
John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel);
Mikel Agu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey)

Forwards:
Ahmed Musa (Leicester City, England);
Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England);
Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium);
Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England);
Odion Ighalo (Chang Chun-Yatai, China);
Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England);
Anthony Nwakaeme (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel)

STANDBY:
Uche Agbo (Standard Liege, Belgium);
Henry Onyekuru (Anderlecht FC, Belgium);
Kenneth Omeruo (Chelsea FC, England);
Aaron Samuel (CSKA Moscow, Russia);
Alhassan Ibrahim (Akwa United);
Stephen Eze (FC IfeanyiUbah);
Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (Akwa United)
Source: NFF twitter handle

I'm quite impressed with the list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndreTAyodeji(m): 1:14am On Aug 23, 2017
Joebie:
don't use that word massive talent.. that's a hype. Trust me, i've watched the lad. Will you drop your opinion, should he miss out on a mention in subsequent rounds?

Sure.Why not?,If the whoscored team of the week panel sees a RB who has better stats than Aina after the round of matches for the week then the RB would be in the team of the week.Nominations are solely based on performances and if he continues to perform well and have better stats than the other RB's in the subsequent rounds of matches then he will continue to be nominated ahead of them because his stats is better than theirs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndreTAyodeji(m): 1:33am On Aug 23, 2017
Joebie:
Aina, Kayode.. Who next?.. I want to hear you make a strong case for someone else.. hahaha

So you want to say you have not seen me post Joel Obi's stats and call for his invitation in the subsequent SE matches if he is not injured? Or wish Nura Abdullahi a injury free season so that he will also challenge for the RB spot?.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 5:10am On Aug 23, 2017
Rohr Adds Agbo, Mu’azam, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi,Onyekuru & Kayode To Standby ListAugust 22, 20170387‎A close source to the coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr says the coach has added four more players to the list of players on standby in the squad for the game against Cameroon.Nigeria will take on Cameroon in back to back games on the 1st and 4th of September, a game which will be a battle between first and second in group B of the Africa World Cup 2018 Qualifiers, with Nigeria on top with six points, four more than Cameroon.Rohr who is expected to release the list of playersfor the game anytime soon has Kenneth Omeruo and Victor Osimhen on standby as he continues to monitor their fitness and game time for their respective teams.Uche Agbo of Standard Liege and Akwa United duo of Ifeanyi Ifeanyi andAlhassan Ibrahim popularly known as Mu’azam have also beenadded to the standby list,which alspo has Everton loanee Henry Onyekuru who is on loan to Anderlecht.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:46am On Aug 23, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Moses Simon was the tormentor in chief against SA. I guess the only thing that was missing was the good fortune Victor had against Algeria especially for the first goal.

We need a strong defense, we cannot depend on scoring goals we have to be steady at the back.

why I don't really fancy him...much is that he can be very selfish with the ball.....
Iwobi should come in for nacho...as AM probably in the second half....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:49am On Aug 23, 2017
chimzyblack:
I'm totally in love with this list but I will still point out that I am really bothered about our goalkeeping aspect.
for me it is a 4-2-3-1 formation

ighalo (CF)

V.Moses (Lwf) Iheanacho(Amf/SS) Musa(Rwf)

Mikel(Cmf) Onazi(Dmf)

Echiegile (Lb) Leon(Cb) Ekon(Cb) Shehu (Rb)

Akpeyi(Gk)

Subs: 1.Etebo for Iheanacho
( Mikel moves to the Amf)
2.Ndidi for onazi
3. Nwaekeme for Ighalo

But also considering the physicality of the Cameroonian Etebo might Start in place of Iheanacho and Mikel will then play The Amf position.
with this formation, if the team is clinical in front of Goal and also defend as a unit which is the key ingredient of this formation. I see no reason why that match will not end 3-0 in favour of the super eagles. Because looking at this my set up all I see is goal.. goal... goal....
why don't you see the possibility of deploying etebo to the wings....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:08am On Aug 23, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Nobody is saying we don't need a strong
defence. Seek other alternatives to strengthen the defence and not to sacrifice a major attacking threat.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:11am On Aug 23, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
Ola Aina may have issues with positioning nevertheless the less he is a quality player.
No player is 100%
It is also refreshing to have him and ebuehi in contention for the RB slot, both players link well with the attack something shehu also lacks in his play.

Shehu is not a natural RB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:17am On Aug 23, 2017
Joebie:
I Cant WAit!!!

Roma Nura Abdullahi Believes He Is Now Ready To Solve Super Eagles Full Back Woes
August 22, 20170109

‎As the day when he could potentially make his first team debut for Roma draws near, 19 year old Nigerian defender Nura Abdullahi has stake a bold claim on the Super Eagles right full back postion.

Nura who could make his first team bow for Roma this weekend against Inter-Milan following the injury Bruno Perez sustained in their first league game, the 1-0 win over Atalanta.

The right full back who is well known for his pace, marking and overlapping runs from his full back role says all he need now is game time at Roma, before he can lay claim to the Super Eagles right back slot.

“I honestly believe I can be the solution to the Super Eagles right back issues but I need to get games at Roma, that is my aim for now and not the national team.

” Roma is the right place for me to learn and grow in my position as a right back or winger. I have never been this fit in a while so this could be my breakthrough season at Roma, the season is just getting started so the hard work starts now”, Nura exclusively told Owngoalnigeria.com.

I pray you live up to the expectations son.

But me I have learned not to be so excited or get carried away. Cement your place in the Roma first team first and come and do the talking on the pitch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.