Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,105 members, 7,867,176 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11966798 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 11:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
joseph1013:

The suggestiveness when it has to do with forgiveness is truly amazing. It was Icon4s that started it in one of their heated arguments and since then it has been a recurring pattern for anyone who happens to disagree with him subsequently to use it as a cop-out when he runs out of sound arguments. It's so easy to latch on to it when nothing substantive can be offered in the discussion.

He says a lot of nonsense that I just ignore, like some others here, but somehow he manages to back them up, even when they sound childish. But it is confirmation bias to say the only people he fronts for to make the Eagles are his tribesmen. Anyone who has been on this thread long enough knows that he argues for anything foreign. That's all he knows and I 100% can tell you that he has argued for foreign players from the North, South and East of the country that are legitimate for the Eagles.

If anyone has a reason why those he fronts should not be called, let him bring forth their arguments. Constantly reverting to 'tribalism' may excite some people here, but it's a sight that kills off all manner of constructive discussion.

For instance, I had expected the moniker in question to call him up on the issue of "Rohr and cultism", not bring up the childish label of tribalism. Life is not so serious.

You and forgiveness are obviously from the same ethnic group. This is just a solidarity comment.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
Icon4s:

Excuse me.

Please don't bring me into this current matter.

I have been on this thread now since inception and I can tell you I know the thinking pattern of almost everyone here.

You don't need to defend anybody. Let him defend himself except if you are telling us you share same sentiments with him.

He went on self imposed exile and we have been enjoying discussions without seeing that word 'tribalism'. He is back and that word keeps coming up.
Even accusing Rohr of cultism just because he didn't include certain players from a certain part of the country. I don't blame anyone for accusing him of tribalism.

Leave Joseph. He is just showing solidarity to his Yoruba brother.

Something that is very very obvious.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:08am On Aug 27, 2017
lol who said so?

you can never think straight oh.. Everything as regards this country, if we do not allow the best fit to run it, we will continue to be backward..
All those calling for federal character in everything are clueless people, who will die with tribalistic sentiments..

modified

please hold your peace or this thread would turn political.. no one should bring tribalistic bullshit here.. From now on, you will be ignored. You can shout foul play, and those who share your tribalistic sentiments can join in, let's see how that will make you have your way.

forgiveness:

Who doesn't know the NFF has been polarized with majority from some section of the country? shocked grin

Who doesn't know that their decisions always goes in favour or influence the selection of coaches from some section of the country for all the national teams in the country?

Wait for the under 17, 20 and 23 coaches to be announced then we go know something.

Somebody has already made it clear that one section of the country will no longer smell coaching the national teams. Abi you know see that one? shocked grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:26am On Aug 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Hahahahahah! What is uncultured? If I no go school e concern you? grin

The cultured one, tell me why Onyekuru is better than Simon Moses and Ahmed Musa? grin

I hope you answer with sense with all the education you have acquired? grin Mr Cultured and tribalism. grin

you've proved it true....that common sense is indeed a flower that does not grow in every man's garden...

just take a look at yourself.....
go back and read my comments and replies I never for once make case for onyekuru better than musa or Simon Moses in these all important cameroon clash....

I only advocated for the inclusion of yinka, Dennis,dressiers and kayode inclusion but after the debate wit sir icon4s I rested my case believing that these players time will come....

I understand you're trying to blackmail me as a tribalist unfortunately I don't share same ethnic group wit onyekuru and many of these players....

my love for nacho and others are simply born out of their potentials and talents...

because by tribe.....I am very far from them...I am not an ibo neither do I speak the dialect I have never been to southeast.

I have opposed the inclusion of players from my ethnic group here.....when it is obvious and glaring to me that they've little or nothing to offer....

I know these won't make sense....to you
but I just want you to try behave yourself as much as you can....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:10am On Aug 27, 2017
Petrobros:

....and tribalism is back
hahahahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:27am On Aug 27, 2017
joseph1013:

Stop bringing tribe to everything. Can't you make your arguments and oppose him without using that word? Why are we like this in this country?

When he is clearly accusing the coaching crew and the NFF of favoring a particular section of the country? You close your eyes to such statements?

If what we will spend the whole time discussing or arguing here is tribalism rather than match tactics, I think it is time for some of us to move on.

Let it turn to a thread where people only come to complain about how the coaches and NFF are short changing a particular section of the country.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:34am On Aug 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Who doesn't know the NFF has been polarized with majority from some section of the country? shocked grin

Who doesn't know that their decisions always goes in favour or influence the selection of coaches from some section of the country for all the national teams in the country?

Wait for the under 17, 20 and 23 coaches to be announced then we go know something.

Somebody has already made it clear that one section of the country will no longer smell coaching the national teams. Abi you know see that one? shocked grin

Joseph1013 tell me this is not a tribal comment.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 8:45am On Aug 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Your mission here is clearly defined. IE to kick against the perceived injustice against your tribesmen both in the NFF and Super Eagles. And more so to kick against the perceived dominance of a particular ethnic group in Nigerian football.

You dey fall my hand big time.

You have carried over the hating of the ibos from the politics section to this place. Mind you, I am not from the SE.

You are about the first person I was convinced about his ethnicity here. Right from your first few comments here your mission was clear. I recall oga icon4s clearly told you that from your comments he knew you are from a particular section of the country. I remember how you denied you were Yoruba. Lying.

Joseph1013 who has dissapointedly become your attorney also accused you of being a defender of "awon omo Odua". Joseph I lie? So why the turn around. It is very obvious you are both tribes men.
There are people I respect a lot on this thread. One of such is tbaba1234. From his comments on other threads I deduce where he is from but he does not display it here at all. Even the icon4s that you like pointing fingers at as being tribalistic, not until when he stated where he is from I didn't even know. I know you don't like him because he is the only person and perhaps safarigirl and recently humility017 that have openly accused you of tribalism. Almost every one of us here except those that share same tribal sentiments with you know your mission on this thread.

Humility017, Joebie, Goldfish80, Michael2, do4luv, and co. Despite how active they are here I don't know which part of the country they are from. TheGoodJoe because he stated it here I wouldn't have known also.

Forgiveness, you want to destroy this wonderful thread with tribalism.
I remember the last time you were active here it was a battle settling the dispute between you and TheSuperNerd. That was the last time he also was active here. You were away on self exile and now you are back and this thread has become a dumping ground for all sorts of shamefully comments.

If this thread continues like this, well.......

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:05am On Aug 27, 2017
ChrisKels:

If u truly were there at kickoff ( which I was one of the e-war Lords fighting Ghanaians and SAs), then u must know this moniker "denonso1", the exact replica of honorable sir Forgiveness here. I miss Game147 and my fellow warrior Colynzo though
The days of Ken Gaddafi. Lol I was still in high school back then. Shame how Kickoff naija ended
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:06am On Aug 27, 2017
Pathetic to see in 2017, we still have people bringing tribalism to the only thing that's suppose to unite us. Na wa oo...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 9:24am On Aug 27, 2017
Anybody in camp yet ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 9:25am On Aug 27, 2017
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:55am On Aug 27, 2017
ChrisKels:

If u truly were there at kickoff ( which I was one of the e-war Lords fighting Ghanaians and SAs), then u must know this moniker "denonso1", the exact replica of honorable sir Forgiveness here. I miss Game147 and my fellow warrior Colynzo though

Hahaha na me na me supereagle. No Ghanaian nor South African ever threw a stone at Nigeria without me hauling missiles in return.

My favorite moments in kickoff came in 2013 when we won the AFCON, Qualified for 2014 WC, and won the U17 championship. O I remember that feeling after we beat Ghana 6-1 in that CAF U17 opener. Nigeria had the last laugh before the site was closed.

Nigerians were so united on that forum. No talks of tribalism. We were always united against our enemies. SA were our worst victims as we were always trashing them. We won the AFCON in their backyard. That same 2013 was the year we beat them 2-0 in front of Nelson Mandela in the Nelson Mandela Challenge . That back heel from Uche Nwofor. We followed that win with a 3-1 trashing at 2014 CHAN just a few months later. The only way they could get back at us was to call us drug lords. Hahahaha.

All through from 2008 to 2014 I was one of Nigeria's finest e-warrriors on kickoff.

I was also part of #team "we swim and sink with Amodu" in 2008.

We have retired from such now. Besides we are all Nigerians here no need for such bantering.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:27am On Aug 27, 2017
Please let's not turn this thread to a battle field of ethnic warlords and tribal champions. As an adult I have my own political views which I forget about when I talk about football.

I have had disagreements with forgiveness in the past especially when he claimed Thiago Ilori was better than the current defenders we have in the Super Eagles. I had an incline that there was a tribal colouration to his position but I countered him facts and figures.
If he says Kayode is better than Onyekuru or Nwakaeme and you think otherwise, bring your data to back up your claims while he brings his. That way we maintain the integrity of the thread and bystanders can actually learn a thing or two.

I actually don't take it too serious what forgiveness says sometimes, I see him as the chaos factor and court jester of the thread. Every successful forum have these sort of posters. Even Kickoff some people are making reference to have posters like forgiveness whose diverse opinions made Kickoff what it was.
Personally I wouldn't want forgiveness to quit the thread.

By the way, Congratulations to D'tigress. The team looks good to make a statement at the world championships. They have been shooting teams into submission throughout this championship, they can easily blow out Senegal just like they did at the group stages.
Ride on girls!
Go for gold!
Power!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:51am On Aug 27, 2017
pyrex23:

i would consider dessers b4 tammy.....
Olayinka nd dessers are d guys i wanna c in SE probably after qualification....
Wouldnt mind if they are d only additions to d team..

WHY
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 11:06am On Aug 27, 2017
komekn:

WHY
lolz....dessers would be easier to get IMO....
Nd av watched clips of both of dem nd i think dessers is better(all round) player dan tammy....
I see tammy as a poacher
nd am sure dah at d end of this season dessers would move to a better league....it all depends on rohr and whether we qualify
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2017
Any update from camp?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2017
Aaron Samuel called to replace iwobi due to an undisclosed injury he sustained...
and Uche Agbo of standard liege called to camp...

source: All Nigeria Football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2017
Humility017:
Aaron Samuel called to replace iwobi due to an undisclosed injury he sustained...
and Uche Agbo of standard liege called to camp...

source: All Nigeria Football

But when did Iwobi sustain the injury ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2017
Ex Nigeria U23 Invitee Has Contributed To The Most Goals In Belgian Top-Flight
Published: August 27, 2017

Former Nigeria U23 invitee Peter Olayinka is adapting to his new surroundings at Zulte-Waregem, with the striker netting for the second consecutive game in their 3-2 loss to Sporting Charleroi on Saturday evening.
Zulte-Waregem were 1-0 up at the break thanks to Peter Olayinka's 44th minute strike, after he was teed up by De Pauw.
The 21-year-old has now contributed to eight goals (2 goals, 6 assists) from five matches in the league so far this season, more than any other player in the Belgian top-flight.
It is worthy of note that Olayinka has started all the matches contested by Zulte-Waregem in the new season, logging 534 minutes.
The in-form attacker is spending the whole of this season at Zulte-Waregem on loan from Gent.
Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : essevee.be

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nigeria Squad Update : Aaron Samuel Replaces Injured Arsenal Star Iwobi, Agbo Called Up
Published: August 27, 2017

CSKA Moscow striker Aaron Samuel has been handed a late invitation to the Nigerian national team ahead of their World Cup qualifying match against African champions Cameroon.
Arsenal striker Alex Iwobi has withdrawn from the squad due to an undisclosed injury and the Nigerian Federation moved quickly to invite Samuel, who was initially placed on the standby list.
The 23-year-old frontman has not figured for the Super Eagles since June 13, 2015 when he lasted 62 minutes on the pitch in an African Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad.
Standard Liege defensive midfielder Uche Agbo has also received a late invitation from the Nigerian Federation.
Both players are expected to arrive the national team's training camp as from Monday, August 28.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
Famocious:

But when did Iwobi sustain the injury ?
my brother all Nigeria soccer said so..... I uploaded the news full details below.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
we won't miss Iwobi -- against Cameroon.

Aaron Samuel sha.. na because of physicality?

Humility017:

my brother all Nigeria soccer said so.....
I uploaded the news full details below.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
sadness is when you hear Victor Moses gets injured today I pray it won't happen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
Joebie:
same here don't miss him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
Ighalo is first to arrive
bossto:
Any update from camp?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
why your mind think go that side?

femianski:
sadness is when you hear Victor Moses gets injured today
I pray it won't happen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2017
Joebie:
you're quite right.... me just praying here for V Moses to finish these match safe....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2017
safarigirl:
if you have not noticed forgiveness and tribalism, you have not been following this thread judiciously...

How many times will he even bring up a foreigner who isn't named Ola-something?

The only moniker here that is pro-foreign in it's truest form is komekn....forgiveness is pro-Yoruba.

Only a thief knows the way of a thief. If not, how can you decipher a theif or thieves among the congregation of 'Saints'? shocked

You mean by bringing up names like 'Ola-something', you formed your thought and vehemently affirmed that one is obviously a tribalist and a pro - Yoruba?

If you are intelligent enough you would have checked with verified facts to know if the name 'Ola-something' at that point in time really deserves to be giving a look at, or merits a call to the national team, but you feel disgusting whenever you see those names been mentioned and doing well at the detriment of your preferred love(your kind), ba? shocked

Get this straight to your brain that I forgiveness can't be intimidated or bullied to stop bringing to light any player or players worthy/notable of mentioning, discussing and dignifying whether from the east, West or North, provided he performs as required by standard.

Keep your tribal preying eyes down to decipher who and who aren't your kinsmen and make sure you check your vp else you..... because I never start at all at all grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
Joebie:
Ighalo is first to arrive
ok...thanks and i must also commend you for contributing so much to this forum,and enlightening some of us here..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2017
Joebie:
he is good

(1) (2) (3) ... (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: femicyrus(m), Goke7, Ikanium(m), Giv3n and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.