Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,243 members, 7,867,635 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11968752 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) ... (16379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ProfOrlando: 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2017
I think ola Aina isn't coming too, that's why they're inviting agbo.
what a blow to the SE, we'll really miss iwobi, even if he wasn't going to start, we all know he could add some extra quality from The bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2017
joseph1013:

I cannot disappoint you because I don't even know you exist. You disappoint yourself. I think you have a warped sense of information processing. I would like to see the quote you allude to so I can show you the context, if any.

It's obvious you're trying very hard to pin the Yoruba label to me. Can you proof it? I speak the three major languages as my upbringing and job/entrepreneurship has taken me to every part of this country, so can I see your proof of me being a Yorubaman other than these childish tantrums?

If you see me write Yoruba and hence think I'm Yoruba, what will you do when I show you posts in which I wrote Igbo of the Enugu variety? Can you see how much you have failed?

But I wait for you to show me this quote you speak of.

Well, I am too busy to spend valuable hours digging up one I formation from over a year ago.

Just call your Yoruba brother to order. He is messing up this thread.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
Kog45:
This issue started yesterday btw humility 017 and sir forgiveness and i try to come in which humility responded in a good way but u know what sir forgiveness has his own philosophy when it comes to player invitations which we must respect him just as we respect other people's opinions here without a rancour.

Honestly i hate d word tribal and tagging someone tribal can bring up issues especially in a sensitive country like ours,this made me run from political section in nairaland,we should not turn this thread to politics.To be candid it w take talented Yoruba or Hausa to break into national team coz d game belong to d south east and south south but nevertheless if forgiveness was rooting for his kinsmen,d first question is are they good for d national team but tagging him a tribal man is uncalled for.

I know some monikers here who are worst than forgiveness but it w take a third eyes to notice them coz they do it in a way u w never know but they are tribal.For instance have seen a moniker who always attack Onigbinde and tagged him a tribal man coz he took Opabunmi to world cup forgetting the same man gave Enyeama his first break,d same Onigbinde made Keshi eagles captain at d expense of his kinsman Muda Lawal at afcon 84.The same moniker attack Odegbami at any slight moment forgetting Odegbami made it possible for Chioma Ajuwa to win Olympic gold coz he was responsible for her upkeep and training to Atlanta 96,d same Odegbami made it possible for Nigeria to play England at Wembley.The same moniker attack Kayode Olarewaju even before his invitation to super eagle with no reason,also attack Juwon Oshaniwa now doubting Ola Aina ability but there is no need to tag such fellow tribal man coz this is a forum and there are rules that guide it.

A lot happen here when it comes to player selection and a lot are always carried a way with sentiments and we must respect their opinions, no need to generate issues, we are all here to learn or gather information,d thread is so beautiful to extent is d leading thread on nairaland and we must respect those who started this thread coz they make it what it's today.
it is okay...please let's shelve everything....
may be I should have just ignored....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
Kog45:
This issue started yesterday btw humility 017 and sir forgiveness and i try to come in which humility responded in a good way but u know what sir forgiveness has his own philosophy when it comes to player invitations which we must respect him just as we respect other people's opinions here without a rancour.

Honestly i hate d word tribal and tagging someone tribal can bring up issues especially in a sensitive country like ours,this made me run from political section in nairaland,we should not turn this thread to politics.To be candid it w take talented Yoruba or Hausa to break into national team coz d game belong to d south east and south south but nevertheless if forgiveness was rooting for his kinsmen,d first question is are they good for d national team but tagging him a tribal man is uncalled for.

I know some monikers here who are worst than forgiveness but it w take a third eyes to notice them coz they do it in a way u w never know but they are tribal.For instance have seen a moniker who always attack Onigbinde and tagged him a tribal man coz he took Opabunmi to world cup forgetting the same man gave Enyeama his first break,d same Onigbinde made Keshi eagles captain at d expense of his kinsman Muda Lawal at afcon 84.The same moniker attack Odegbami at any slight moment forgetting Odegbami made it possible for Chioma Ajuwa to win Olympic gold coz he was responsible for her upkeep and training to Atlanta 96,d same Odegbami made it possible for Nigeria to play England at Wembley.The same moniker attack Kayode Olarewaju even before his invitation to super eagle with no reason,also attack Juwon Oshaniwa now doubting Ola Aina ability but there is no need to tag such fellow tribal man coz this is a forum and there are rules that guide it.

A lot happen here when it comes to player selection and a lot are always carried a way with sentiments and we must respect their opinions, no need to generate issues, we are all here to learn or gather information,d thread is so beautiful to extent is d leading thread on nairaland and we must respect those who started this thread coz they make it what it's today.

What you have done is one of the options available in a constructive discourse. You noticed his tribalistic comments, but even though you had facts to back up your disagreement on his point, you kept it to yourself. That's all I ve been saying.

That's all I have been saying but I'm the tribalistic person for saying people should shun name-calling and deal in a civilized manner. Perhaps it's my shunning of the political section on Nairaland and my sticking to forums like Quora and StackExchange that has sharpened my BS detector. Too many adhominem attacks when people run out of points here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
Bassogog: It’s Victory Or Nothing For Cameroon Vs “Strong” Super Eagles

 0 August 26, 2017 3:09 pm

By James Agberebi:

Gabon 2017 Africa Cup of Nations Most Valuable Player, Christian Bassogog, has declared that the Indomitable Lions’ 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier against the Super Eagles of Nigeria in Uyo is a must win the Camroonians.

Cameroon are second in Group B on two points, four points adrift of leaders the Super Eagles who have six points.

In third position are Zambia who have one point while Algeria also on one point are bottom of the group.

China-based Bassogog, who is part of coach Hugo Broos’ 23-man squad for the double header against the Eagles, said the Lions must do everything possible to secure the three points in Uyo.

“Nigeria are a strong team,” Bassogog told FIFA.com.

“They have very good players and many of them are playing in Europe. But we must defeat them if we are to maintain our qualifying hopes. We should take the game to them. We need to fight to defeat them.

“These are matches I want to win. We are not in an ideal position but these are qualifying games for the World Cup. I will do my utmost to help our team.”

Bassogog who plies his trade in the Chinese Super League with Henan Jianye praised the Indomitable Lions coach Broos for his influence in the team.

“Our players are young, but we are strong as a team,” he said.

“He is a good coach. He knows what the players are good at so he can get the best out of us. In this team, everyone has his chance.”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
Petrobros:

Well, I am too busy to spend valuable hours digging up one I formation from over a year ago.

Yet you will term yourself the intelligent party in this discussion. You're not too busy to accuse but you're too busy to back it up?

Do you know what we call accusation without substantiation?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2017
i love this thread so much but i always feel sick reading comments from forgiveness. i hate this man so much... you people are not helping matters ataw by giving him unnecessary attention. please learn to ignore this immature and rather senseless man to his fate especially now that he has an attorney in Joseph.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2017
Petrobros:

That makes you a babbler and a slanderous fellow if you have no tangible facts to back it up. grin

However, what makes you different from a confirmed tribalist? grin

This is public forum created by.... finish it. grin

On this note, I go continue to answer my mentions judiciously. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
Arsenal suffer injury blow ahead of Liverpool game as midfielder not selected for international duty

Arsenal face Liverpool in the Premier League this afternoon and could be without Alex Iwobi after an update from the Nigerian national team

ByTom Marshall-Bailey,

Arsenal look set to be without midfielder Alex Iwobi against Liverpool after the Nigerian national team confirmed his absence for their upcoming 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Cameroon.

Iwobi was expected to be named in the squad to travel to Anfield for the Premier League fixture but Nigeria revealed his injury ahead of the game, with PFC CSKA Moscow midfielder Aaron Samuel called up to replace him, along with Standard Liege's Uche Agbo.

The 21-year-old Iwobi was not expected to start for the Gunners against Jurgen Klopp's side, with Alexis Sanchez likely to start for Arsenal after travelling to Merseyside with the first-team squad, but didn't feature in any of the training pictures released by the club in the build-up to the game.

But Iwobi's absence is untimely for Arsene Wenger, who could yet lose Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain before the transfer deadline, with today's opponents and Chelsea both in the running to sign him, while there remain continued doubts over Alexis Sanchez's future.

The Gunners may yet act on their long-standing interest in PSG's Julian Draxler after he was effectively told he can leave the French capital, while Arsenal retain their interest in Thomas Lemar despite Wenger's suggestion that a deal was "dead" in his pre-match press conference.

Nigeria confirmed the news on Iwobi on their Twitter account, but did not reveal what the injury was, the extent of it or how long he is likely to be on the sidelines.

But after not being called up for the two-week international break for his country, Arsenal will be without him this afternoon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
Humility017:

it's okay..
let's leave everything to rest now..
I admit i should have acted better...
may be I should have ignored it...

please let us live in peace now...
it hurts seeing the thread denigrating into something like this
My man wetin i tell u yesterday, this issue of tribal w scattered this thread.Next time if u cannot have healthy arguments with someone don't quote, just move on.Did u know some people don't quote themselves and is not something good for this thread,we are all brothers here and main objective is d success of Super Eagles irrespective of player involved.Hope u remember that there was no single Yoruba in fanny Amu team to Japan93(icons4 if i make mistake pls correct)but who care,when they won U17 world cup,nobody care

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2017
Humility017:

it is okay...please let's shelve everything....
may be I should have just ignored....
Respect my man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2017
joseph1013:

That you did not call the term does not mean you have not used it. Nepotism simply means favoritism shown to relatives or friends. Nepotism does not necessarily mean Tribalism. If you have used "Siasia boys" as an accusation on his person, you have inadvertently called Siasia nepotic. So how are you different from him?

And this to me is the crux of the matter. With your many words, you have not given ONE proof that shows he is tribalistic. Just provide ONE. Because the same person that you say is always for Kayode and Aina is the same person attacking those against Onazi, Simon and Musa. Are these also his tribesmen?

Just provide ONE undeniable proof that he is tribalistic. Something to show that he is what you are not guilty of.

brother do you actually know the meaning of tribalism? I am pretty sure that you have seen the messages where he was saying that when the coaches of the youth teams will be released only one part of the country will be favoured, is that not a comment borne entirely out of tribalism? see, are you this unintelligent that you are arguing that until you prove him wrong,his tribal-inclined comments are no longer what they are? oga,once you make a comment that suggests your preference towards one part if the country, whether it was countered or not, that is pure tribalism.

now let me dissect that coaching aspect. Manu Garuba was the coach at some point, same goes for Obuh and even Ladan Bosso. the problem with that comment is that we have been doing well at youth level, does it matter which part of the country these guys are from? I thought what we need are the best, not just the best people that have something to offer, does it matter where these people are from? I cannot draw a formation for the SE without including Kayode and excluding Iheanacho entirely, talent wise Nacho is easily the best and on top of that he is from my part of the country, but I believe Kayode is more suitable for that position so I vouch for him. I have been calling for the inclusion of the younger wingers like Olayikan ahead of Iwobi as a winger in fact, the point here is that the best is all that matters. if the NFF decides to hire Yoruba coaches for all the national teams what do I care? so long as they function well we pop a bottle together and celebrate the team. coming here to tell us,without any meaningful fact I must add, that the NFF favours one part of the country portrays tribalism, EOD

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
DrKlever:
i love this thread so much but i always feel sick reading comments from forgiveness. i hate this man so much... you people are not helping matters ataw by giving him unnecessary attention. please learn to ignore this immature and rather senseless man to his fate especially now that he has an attorney in Joseph.

Hate kwa! Bhuuuhahaha! shocked grin

What part of the divide are you for or against? Don't lie. grin

How come you do not hate the man who brought up the tribalism topic when it was obvious that I was sarcastical in my comments?

Oh! Hate has block your sense of reasoning!? shocked grin

My guy today na Sunday and I believe you went to stand before almighty God with the hate in your soul against forgiveness whom you know not. *sign of cross*. Asibokwa!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nepotism is different from favouritism.
People need to stop deceiving themselves because we are not fools. Forgiveness is a latent tribalist and WE all know that!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2017
blueto:
From the commentaries from the just concluded game between Chelsea and Everton, I can surmise that V.Moses had an injury free game, thus an report that claims he sustained an unnoticed injury or injury from training will be termed a feigned injury to me.

I do not expect any feigning from Victor Moses because he loves the big stage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2017
Mickael2:

brother do you actually know the meaning of tribalism? I am pretty sure that you have seen the messages where he was saying that when the coaches of the youth teams will be released only one part of the country will be favoured, is that not a comment borne entirely out of tribalism? see, are you this unintelligent that you are arguing that until you prove him wrong,his tribal-inclined comments are no longer what they are? oga,once you make a comment that suggests your preference towards one part if the country, whether it was countered or not, that is pure tribalism.

now let me dissect that coaching aspect. Manu Garuba was the coach at some point, same goes for Obuh and even Ladan Bosso. the problem with that comment is that we have been doing well at youth level, does it matter which part of the country these guys are from? I thought what we need are the best, not just the best people that have something to offer, does it matter where these people are from? I cannot draw a formation for the SE without including Kayode and excluding Iheanacho entirely, talent wise Nacho is easily the best and on top of that he is from my part of the country, but I believe Kayode is more suitable for that position so I vouch for him. I have been calling for the inclusion of the younger wingers like Olayikan ahead of Iwobi as a winger in fact, the point here is that the best is all that matters. if the NFF decides to hire Yoruba coaches for all the national teams what do I care? so long as they function well we pop a bottle together and celebrate the team. coming here to tell us,without any meaningful fact I must add, that the NFF favours one part of the country portrays tribalism, EOD
Perhaps you are so intelligent that you missed the flow of the discussion. Perhaps.

It was Icon4s I asked that question after a series of exchange but alas you jumped midway without a good understanding of what has led us there.

But back at you, if he says a particular segment is favored, it does not mean it is borne out of a tribalistic mindset. It takes more than that to proof it. So if you go to a court of law and you show that comment, what if he shows you where he argues for Onazi, what will you say?

Actually, looks like the education deficit in the country is having so much toll on the citizens. Let's start with definitions. Tribalism can be defined as loyalty to a tribe or other social group especially when combined with strong negative feelings for people outside the group. (Merriam Webster dictionary)

So how can one be tribalistically inclined towards Yoruba and still care for the inclusion of Ebuehi? Makes sense?

Make strong cases for your positions without resorting to ad hominems. Is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2017
ProfOrlando:
I think ola Aina isn't coming too, that's why they're inviting agbo.
what a blow to the SE, we'll really miss iwobi, even if he wasn't going to start, we all know he could add some extra quality from The bench.
I think you're right.....I still don't understand why FIFA is acting so slow on aina switch...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2017
Mickael2:

Do you want to know where and who brought the @bolded to the subconsciousness of this forum?

Look below. shocked grin

Na dere I begin observe his words. Before then and even now, I care less who or where the coach comes from so far decorum and distinction are used as the yardsticks for picking players.

Icon4s:

Recall his comment when asked abt y he took Adepoju(hu was virtually called back frm retirement) and Opabunmi to the 2002 WC when it was obvious they were nt good enough at that time to make d team.Remember he dropped Finidi George, Sunday Oliseh, Tijani Babangida and Victor Ikpeba. The Nigerian press tagged him a tribalist nt jst bc he picked Opabunmi and Adepoju ahead of the above mentioned Golden generation Eagles bt bc of the ethnocentric reason behind his decision. It was d Ibadan connection though Onigbinde is from Modakeke bt was based in Ibadan jst like Adepoju and Opabunmi.

U remember what he said when appointed Shooting stars coach for the 2003/2004 season? He said he wanted to build a 3SC team that will comprise only of the Yoruba players. 3SC managed to escape relegation that season and Onigbinde was fired grin.
Have u noticed he is d last Yoruba to coach d Super Eagles.

Although i still respect that man a lot. U know he laid d foundation for the rise of Gambian football.

I said it clearly that I am only addressing those who believe Onazi, Simon Moses and Ahmed Musa were called based on past glory theory and that I never wanted Iheanacho, Iwobi or Onyekuru to be dropped. Simple. grin

But I am surprised how people here reacted and are still reacting on top nothing. grin

Nevertheless, I asked you to provide me with facts on why Onyekuru is better than Simon Moses but until date no tangible fact. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2017
joseph1013:

Perhaps you are so intelligent that you missed the flow of the discussion. Perhaps.

It was Icon4s I asked that question after a series of exchange but alas you jumped midway without a good understanding of what has led us there.

But back at you, if he says a particular segment is favored, it does not mean it is borne out of a tribalistic mindset. It takes more than that to proof it. So if you go to a court of law and you show that comment, what if he shows you where he argues for Onazi, what will you say?

Actually, looks like the education deficit in the country is having so much toll on the citizens. Let's start with definitions. Tribalism can be defined as loyalty to a tribe or other social group especially when combined with strong negative feelings for people outside the group. (Merriam Webster dictionary)

So how can one be tribalistically inclined towards Yoruba and still care for the inclusion of Ebuehi? Makes sense?

Make strong cases for your positions without resorting to ad hominems. Is that too much to ask?
please it is okay....
I caused all this....
I am sorry for everything
the arguement is already heating up...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2017
OMANBALA1:
Nepotism is different from favouritism.
People need to stop deceiving themselves because we are not fools. Forgiveness is a latent tribalist and WE all know that!

And how do one describe the godfather of latent tribalism who is in the moniker of OMANBALA 1? grin

You no even hide am, it shows with that MONIKER of yours. grin Aze-okwe! grin

Please, list the 'WE' in your 'we all know that' before I agree you're not part of the divide. Thanks grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2017
Another katakata grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
blueto:
From the commentaries from the just concluded game between Chelsea and Everton, I can surmise that V.Moses had an injury free game, thus an report that claims he sustained an unnoticed injury or injury from training will be termed a feigned injury to me.
Elder!!!...which report are youh talking about,??....are you sure it is authentic.
.He played the full 90+mins,didn't he??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2017
Kog45:
My man wetin i tell u yesterday, this issue of tribal w scattered this thread.Next time if u cannot have healthy arguments with someone don't quote, just move on.Did u know some people don't quote themselves and is not something good for this thread,we are all brothers here and main objective is d success of Super Eagles irrespective of player involved.Hope u remember that there was no single Yoruba in fanny Amu team to Japan93(icons4 if i make mistake pls correct)but who care,when they won U17 world cup,nobody care
thanks...I just don't wanna go into details of what you just wrote...
I just want everything to be laid to rest.

I very much hate a situation of these kind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
Your reaction when someone tells you AWONIYI is better than IHEANACHO. shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
forgiveness:

And how do one describe the godfather of latent tribalism who is in the moniker of OMANBALA 1? grin

You no even hide am, it shows with that MONIKER of yours. grin Aze-okwe! grin

Please, list the 'WE' in your 'we all know that' before I agree you're not part of the divide. Thanks grin

Brother...please it is ok
so sorry for everything...bury the hatchet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
joseph1013:

I can see basic knowledge is not so basic for you anyways so let me make it simpler so you can digest.

If Onazi plays, who gets benched? Ndidi, what a surprise. you do understand that the guy has always been against Igbo guys, Onazi is not an Igbo, for him the common denominator is that Igbo guys should be gone.

ok so we started saying that Onazi, Musa and Moses should no longer be in the team, guess the three guys he brought into the conversation as less than worthy folks....no prizes here again, Onyekuru, Iwobi and Nacho. please o, how many games has Leon Balogun played this season? so how come he didnt call his name too? another surprise.

you obviously do not know how to make inferences so I will just have to pardon you, now read what I just typed slowly and tell me that isn't tribalism

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
Please whattime is the Nigeria vs cameroun match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
Your reaction when someone tells you AWONIYI is better than IHEANACHO. shocked shocked shocked
Lol....oga goodjoe you wan start your own abi ?
abeg may we rest......
every man is entitled to his opinion

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Do you want to know where and who brought the @bolded to the subconsciousness of this forum?

Look below. shocked grin

Na dere I begin observe his words. Before then and even now, I care less who or where the coach comes from so far decorum and distinction are used as the yardsticks for picking players.

I said it clearly that I am only addressing those who believe Onazi, Simon Moses and Ahmed Musa were called based on past glory theory and that I wanted Iheanacho, Iwobi or Onyekuru to be dropped. Simple. grin

But I am surprised how people here reacted and are still reacting on top nothing. grin

Nevertheless, I asked you to provide me with facts on why Onyekuru is better than Simon Moses but until date no tangible fact. grin

Onyekuru scored more than Moses Simon this past season and this season neither of them has registered any goal but at least Onyekuru has created an assist from one if his rebound strikes, please tell me how Onyekuru is not better

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
The problem with tribalism is the same as racism. We are raised up to have these sentiments. We are not born with the sentiments. Which is why a section of the country may feel short changed in any specific sector in the country, even though evidences show that it is not entirely true. For example I am not an Igbo person, and I'm sure i've had only few people from my tribe ever play for SE, but the fact remains that Igbos have produced most of the talents in Nigeria especially in recent times. The Okochas, Nwankwo's etc did not make it to Nigeria's respective teams because of their tribe but their talent. If I am making a case for any player to be invited I don't think tribe, but when someone starts hyping a player I would start to think in my head, why the hype? You don't have to say much, let stats do the talking. The first thing that comes to my mind is to check that person's tribe because that's how we are. Stats speak. If you give me the stats, I will concede without suspicions. But for one to say this player is better than that player, what is your yardstick? These things are debatable, but don't ever shift the goal post next time when defending your tribesmen.

I've called for Adegbenro, who I believe is yoruba. I loved what I saw, and I posted the videos here. I've called for Emenike, even though I didn't like his style during his playing days. And my reason was simply we needed that energy in attack. And since we have someone like Nwakame, I don't think we have much to worry. That's got nothing to do with tribe. Besides, these are not my tribesmen. Aaron Samuel have been called upon. His past stats with SE is not bad. But at club level, he hasn't done much. So the reason, maybe his physicality again -- granted. No foul play.

I've called for our foreign-born players, because I believe we need to win the war because in future we may be lacking again, but we will have them at our disposal. Is Tammy better than Dessiers? it's too early to say. Are they better than our home based players? I can't say. But they are plying their trade at a higher stage, so they have the advantage especially as our league is whack.

Really, there is no need for the emotions, unless you have some sentiments. Discuss with your facts, and whoever can't back up their assertions, should concede. Then I don't think anyone will call others tribalistic.

John Obuh is not yoruba. But Kayode and Ajagun were among his boys. My brother there are so many examples that point to the fact that these coaches cannot ignore talent when they want to succeed. Even those saying Siasia has his boys, but how many of his players where Ijaws? Keshi wasn't tribalistic, although I didn't like some of his decisions at the time. I felt he was doing some underhand business with agents.

I agree that tribalism CAN be a factor with our indigenous coaches, but it's not a big factor in their selection, and there should be no room for those suspicions especially when we have Rohr in charge.

Kog45:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2017
Let's not forget Moses Simon did very well at the Europa league. And Simon have been in SE and have had decent games. With the national team,
changes need to be done gradually, of course as long as we are winning. However, Onyekuru is better, based on recent club stats. Again, we can say based on other factors it could tilt the other way. Let me say again, coaches make decisions based on various factors. Let's not say Simon has past glory alone. If you ask me who I prefer, I will say Onyekuru. But to say there is foul play in selection, that's another matter. You are not the coach, you don't know what he is looking for. He has ran the rule over Onyekuru as well.

Mickael2:

Onyekuru scored more than Moses Simon this past season and this season neither of them has registered any goal but at least Onyekuru has created an assist from one if his rebound strikes, please tell me how Onyekuru is not better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
Mickael2:

I can see basic knowledge is not so basic for you anyways so let me make it simpler so you can digest.

If Onazi plays, who gets benched? Ndidi, what a surprise. you do understand that the guy has always been against Igbo guys, Onazi is not an Igbo, for him the common denominator is that Igbo guys should be gone.

ok so we started saying that Onazi, Musa and Moses should no longer be in the team, guess the three guys he brought into the conversation as less than worthy folks....no prizes here again, Onyekuru, Iwobi and Nacho. please o, how many games has Leon Balogun played this season? so how come he didnt call his name too? another surprise.

you obviously do not know how to make inferences so I will just have to pardon you, now read what I just typed slowly and tell me that isn't tribalism

Again, the lack of critical thinking. Or may be your love for Ndidi at the expense of Onazi is clouding the reasoning.

How can he be against anything Igbo yet made cases for Ehizibue And Ebuehi? Are you selectively amnesiac or you have not traced your steps to this place at that period in time?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) ... (16379) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Badbunny, superbloke(m), Goke7, ThanosKilla(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.