Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11648379 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13428) (13429) (13430) (13431) (13432) (13433) (13434) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
Though I don't rate this Onyedika boy, but I pray this deal comes to fruition. A midfielder in a top league/club.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Yeah, Sunday Dare initiated the "sponsor an athlete program". Some of them are being sponsored by third party. For the men's performance, well its always been that way.

which Sunday Dare?, something that had been on ground even before the coming of this present govt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Almeria CEO:
"Umar Sadiq has not travelled to England to avoid any type of injury that could stop a transfer that is close at this time. He will be sold for a little less than €30m."

The big one!

I don't know why they don't wanna reveal the club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2022
ChrisKels:
Though I don't rate his Onyedika boy, but I pray this deal comes to fruition. A midfielder in a top league/club.

If this one works out then it will be our biggest transfer news oo

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Nice but Ejuke's parent club isn't Lokomotiv Moscow.

Said's club is Viborg FF... not FC Viborg.

And our senior coach's name isn't Pizarro.

I know it's copied but you for help correct am too naa. grin

Anyway, he's right. The 2019 U17 Class are making nice progress but Olakunle and Amoo are obviously currently ahead in terms of their development right now.

I hope for more big things from the lads as with others.

Is Ibraheem Olalekan Jabaar of PSL side, Stellenbosch a joke to you guys?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2022
ChrisKels:

I don't know why they don't wanna reveal the club.

United nearly killed Zlatan for announcing his transfer before official announcement.

In most instances, it might be in apprehension of the move breaking down either in failed medicals or contract disagreement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
By the way, if Alhassan Yusuf fails to make the next list of the Eagles, I go vex for Peseiro. That boy is bossing the Jupiler league like a veteran, so much so the coach of Antwerp has somewhat elected to build his midfield around him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

United nearly killed Zlatan for announcing his transfer before official announcement.

In most instances, it might be in apprehension of the move breaking down either in failed medicals or contract disagreement.

Well, I just pray the team is still Dortmund
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
ChrisKels:

Well, I just pray the team is still Dortmund

Fabrizio said no. More likely he'll remain in Spain.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2022
do4luv14:

which Sunday Dare?, something that had been on ground even before the coming of this present govt

Was gonna say the same thing. The "Adopt and Athlete" initiative isn't Date's idea. It was allegedly stolen from a private individual who was running with it. Anyways Dare adopted it, but even the individuals haven't exactly lived up to their expectations (including the Ogun State governor allegedly). I'm hopeful though that the successes recorded and the visibility athletics has gotten the last few weeks will reawaken this idea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Fabrizio said no. More likely he'll remain in Spain.

Well, I have chosen to take those words from Fabby with a pinch of salt. I might be delusional grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 2:09pm On Aug 08, 2022
Breaking: Salisu Yusuf Releases CHAN List..

Goalkeepers: Victor Sochima (Rivers United); Adeyinka Adewale (Akwa United); Ojo Olorunleke (Enyimba FC); Nathaniel Nwosu (Flying Eagles)

Defenders: Tope Olusesi (Rangers Int’l); Kazie Enyinnaya (Rivers United); Sani Faisal (Katsina United); Samson Gbadebo (Akwa United); Ebube Duru (Rivers United); Christopher Nwaeze (Akwa United); Isa Ali (Remo Stars); Tosin Adegbite (Enyimba FC); Temple Emekayi (Rivers United); Andrew Ikefe (Plateau United)

Midfielders: Babatunde Bello (Akwa United); Philip Ozor (Enyimba FC); Maurice Chukwu (Rivers United); Hafeez Nosiru (Kwara United); Zulkifilu Mohammed (Plateau United); Chiamaka Madu (Rivers United); Jide Fatokun (Kwara United); Kenechukwu Agu (Rangers Int’l); Joseph Onoja (Rivers United); Haggai Katoh (Plateau United); Uche Onwuasonaya (Rivers United)

Forwards: Abdulazeez Yusuf (Gombe United); Sadiq Abubakar (Enyimba FC); Chidiebere Nwobodo (Rangers Int’l); Promise Amadi (Akwa United); Chijioke Akuneto (Rivers United); Valentine Odoh (Abia Warriors); Andy Okpe (Remo Stars); Adams Yakubu (Akwa United); Godspower Aniefiok (Kano Pillars); Ossy Martins (Rangers Int’l)

why Remos star Goal keeper no get invite, It looks like na him get most CLEAN SHEET,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I have 2 fine friends also celebrating today. Both are ladies. And one of them is called Tobi like Tobi Amusan. grin

This is nice bruv. Wish you the best of God's blessings, Smiles, success and longer life. Have a super good one. wink

amen

Doc, thank so much sir I really appreciate sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
Some Tales of Naija Lads across Europe yesterday: August 7th

✅️Belgian Jupiler Pro League (Matchday 3):

▶️Alhassan Yusuf Assist, Royal Antwerp

Royal Antwerp FC 4-2 OH Leuven

Alhassan Match Stats:

The 22 y/o midfield Dynamo cum maestro Played all 90mins+.
1 Assist.
1 key pass.
93% passing accuracy (49/ passes).
100% dribble success (2/2).
5/7 accurate long balls.
6/9 ground duels won.
11 recoveries.
3 interceptions.
1 tackle.
2 fouls committed (picked up a yellow for one).
Was fouled 3 times.

*Alhassan was the most accurate ball passer in the game (93%) to play 45mins or more

▶️Jordan Torunarigha Assist and Top Defensive Performance, KAA Gent

KAA Gent 2-1 KVC Westerlo

Torunarigha Match Stats:

The Towering CB Played the Entire 90mins+.
1 Assist.
1 key pass.
1 big chance created.
83% passing accuracy.
1 Shot on target.
2 Shots off target.
2 tackles.
2 interceptions.
9 recoveries.
1 blocked shot.
4/6 ground duels won.
6/7 aerial duels won.
4/8 accurate long balls.
1 foul committed.
Was fouled twice.

*Torunarigha won the most duels in the game (10)

*Top drawer/TOTW performance from Torunarigha on his birthday - August 7. He's 25 now.

✅️Italian Coppa Italia (Round of 64):

▶️Michael Folorunsho Goal, Bari

Hellos Verona 1-4 SSC Bari

Folorunsho Match stats:

The 24 y/o Napoli Loanee played all 90mins+
1 goal.
1 key pass.
70% passing accuracy.
7/12 ground duels won.
1/4 aerial duels won.
100% dribbling success (1/1).
3/4 accurate long balls.
6 Recoveries.
2 tackles.
Was fouled 4 times.

*Folorunsho was the most fouled player in the game (4)

✅️Turkish Super Lig (Matchday 1):

▶️Henry Onyekuru Goal, Adana Demirspor

Giresunspor 2-3 Adana Demirspor

Onyekuru Match stats:

Played 90mins+
1 Goal.
1 shot on target.
3 key passes.
87% passing accuracy.
3 recoveries.
1 interception.
7/19 ground duels won.
3/9 dribbles completed.
1/2 accurate long balls.
3 fouls committed.
Was fouled 4 times.
Caught offside once.

*Onyekuru created the most chances in the game (3)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2022
Even forgot to mention the post missed him.

Ofcoz I follow Ibraheem Jabaar in the PSL.

ChrisKels:

Is Ibraheem Olalekan Jabaar of PSL side, Stellenbosch a joke to you guys?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2022
lovewins:

Was gonna say the same thing. The "Adopt and Athlete" initiative isn't Date's idea. It was allegedly stolen from a private individual who was running with it. Anyways Dare adopted it, but even the individuals haven't exactly lived up to their expectations (including the Ogun State governor allegedly). I'm hopeful though that the successes recorded and the visibility athletics has gotten the last few weeks will reawaken this idea.

It first mention of that was during those championships usuallheld in Asaba abi it's warri, after the potentials shown by Blessing Okagbara and the likes, and their outcries, that move was Adopted, to Sponsor Blessing and some others from delta state,

What I don't knew is when Sunday did such,
Even express Tobi had been running since during blessings time, why haven't the Ogun govt Adopt her since then,

Those politicians with their quest of scoring cheap points
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2022
ChrisKels:
Though I don't rate this Onyedika boy, but I pray this deal comes to fruition. A midfielder in a top league/club.

Lol... Chris.

In time, you will come to see why Onyedika is worth the watch.

I recall you once considered Alhassan Yusuf a Scam back in 2020 before you began seeing the light.

So don't worry, time will fix your eye sight again on Onyedika whom you have once tagged a 'Carpenter' grin Time telleth it all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
ChrisKels:
By the way, if Alhassan Yusuf fails to make the next list of the Eagles, I go vex for Peseiro. That boy is bossing the Jupiler league like a veteran, so much so the coach of Antwerp has somewhat elected to build his midfield around him.

Sounds exciting make i go watch his videos
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2022
do4luv14:

I heard him say so on live TV.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2022
ChrisKels:

I don’t think this is the right time for Onyedika to move to a club like AC Milan where he will not get sufficient gametime
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Osimhen vice-captain for Napoli is enroute to legendary status. Cavani, Higuain didn't reach these heights.

What heights

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2022
Subzero047:

I don’t think this is the right time for Onyedika to move to a club like AC Milan where he will not get sufficient gametime
ac Milan is rebuilding and a player likes onyedika will benefit from playing for a massive side as the Italian champions

He mustn’t start all games but few minutes off the bench will enhance his development and exposure
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
Subzero047:

This is the bitter truth

If he moves good Luck to him with game time ,but I don’t think he will get much
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2022
Subzero047:

What heights

Become captain at Napoli.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2022
Subzero047:

I agree with you. A club in the Belgian league will be good for him. From there he can go further to ac milan.
All these big clubs dont develop players. Except he matures fast both emotionally and football wise.
He needs development and game time not bench.
The time to move to a big league or club will come.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

This is the bitter truth

If he moves good Luck to him with game time ,but I don’t think he will get much
let him move first. If he performs in training definently he will play

Ac Milan before prior to their declaration of interest scouted him thoroughly so I believe they were impressed in the qualities he posses as a midfielder

Kessie just had few seasons of top flight football before he was snapped up by the Milan giants and he did massively well for them. Same can be onyedika’s case
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
Philosopher1979:

I agree with you. A club in the Belgian league will be good for him. From there he can go further to ac milan.
All these big clubs dont develop players. Except he matures fast both emotionally and football wise.

Why una Dey berate our players always? Na same excuses we hear here when ndidi was linked to top clubs which didn’t materialize then now he is stuck at leicester

If Milan feels he is good for their team then the move if it happen is a big yes to me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2022
Philosopher1979:

midfield maestro that hv been playing for mediocre clubs since he moved to Europe has he developed? grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 4:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
charlesemeka85:
midfield maestro that hv been playing for mediocre clubs since he moved to Europe has he developed? grin
If he is not developing how can he attract interest from AC Milan? You guys knows how to throw dirty slurr at our players then place those silly laugh emoji to cover it up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
charlesemeka85:
let him move first. If he performs in training definently he will play

Ac Milan before prior to their declaration of interest scouted him thoroughly so I believe they were impressed in the qualities he posses as a midfielder

Kessie just had few seasons of top flight football before he was snapped up by the Milan giants and he did massively well for them. Same can be onyedika’s case

Kessie had few seasons of top football in a better team like Atlanta in a better league ,it’s totally different from onyedika

Wishing him the best .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
That’s the one player I can’t wait to see in SE.
ChrisKels:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2022
jieta:
If he is not developing how can he attract interest from AC Milan? You guys knows how to throw dirty slurr at our players then place those silly laugh emoji to cover it up.
unfortunately you don’t get it…he is not talking about onyedika… any regular here knows who he is referring to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13428) (13429) (13430) (13431) (13432) (13433) (13434) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.