Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688371 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13440) (13441) (13442) (13443) (13444) (13445) (13446) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:09am On Aug 13, 2022
andrewbaba44:
All registered cheesy

It’s only nerdy that will smile at this

Let the conquest begin, make una no put eye for CL o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:23am On Aug 13, 2022
Subzero047:

if man city f*k up we go put eye ooh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:33am On Aug 13, 2022
isan:
Congrats, but the way you are celebrating shows even you don't know what to expect and you are scared for real cheesy well you guys sold half of your studio to register those guys

I am not celebrating ,it’s all tebas fault but you epl fan boys had to use it to troll

Barca studio has been useless right from time ,it was worth 5 million euros then ,suddenly 100 million euros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:34am On Aug 13, 2022
Subzero047:

We go put eye for everything

If Barca fails to win ucl and it goes to man city or psg I will be fine .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:13am On Aug 13, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Na Chelsea get am.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:14am On Aug 13, 2022
I always knew it would take Barca activating that 4th economic lever by selling more media rights. Honestly, the Barca Financial situation is still one to keep an eye on and it is all still interesting to me from the financial angles but for football's sake, it would be irritating not seeing a strong Barca due to unregistered lads.

The Barca acquisitions, this summer, are mostly solid so it would be absolutely annoying not seeing them registered.

Me wey dey wait for Benz vs Lewy el clasico. grin

So ofcoz I am smiling. Let the show begin. cool

andrewbaba44:
All registered cheesy

It’s only nerdy that will smile at this

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:34am On Aug 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
I always knew it would take Barca activating that 4th economic lever by selling more media rights. Honestly, the Barca Financial situation is still one to keep an eye on and it is all still interesting to me from the financial angles but for football's sake, it would be irritating not seeing a strong Barca due to unregistered lads.

The Barca acquisitions, this summer, are mostly solid so it would be absolutely annoying not seeing them registered.

Me wey dey wait for Benz vs Lewy el clasico. grin

So ofcoz I am smiling. Let the show begin. cool

That Barca studio self useless one kind and it was worth 5 million euros some years ago, still surprised how come it’s now worth 100 million

The club get assets sha ,unlike Man U wey carry their life give glazers grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:34am On Aug 13, 2022
forgiveness:

Na Chelsea get am.

cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:35am On Aug 13, 2022
22 y/o Hamdi Akujobi scored from RB yesterday for Almere City FC in a 3-0 win over Top Oss in the Dutch Eerste Divisie Matchday 2.

He has 1 goal from 2 league games (2 starts).

Hamdi stats yesterday:

1 goal.
1 shot on target.
64% passing accuracy.
2 tackles.
2 interceptions.
3 recoveries.
1 clearance.
2/4 ground duels won.
2/4 aerial duels won.
2/4 accurate long balls.
2 fouls committed.

*Hamdi pictured Centre below...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 9:45am On Aug 13, 2022
For preseason , Watford dey start DELE BASHIRU, OKOYE, and Kalu for bench
League start now none of them is making the bench
even the Choubury guy they signed 2days ago start there match what going on

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:46am On Aug 13, 2022
24 y/o Michael Folorunsho scored for ADL-owned Bari for the second game in a row but this time in Serie B Matchday 1 following up on his goal in the Coppa Italia vs Hella Verona.

His goal helped Bari to a 2-2 away draw at Parma.

Folorunsho stats yesterday:

1 goal.
1 key pass.
67% passing accuracy.
2 shots on target.
1 shot off target.
4/8 ground duels won.
3/4 aerial duels won.
2/3 accurate long balls.
5 recoveries.
1 clearance.
1 foul committed.
Was fouled once.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:51am On Aug 13, 2022
fabyom:
Olayinka to replace Simon at Nantes. After tonight's display more clubs are expressing interest in Simon!

This is a good one for Yinka at least an opportunity to get in the mainstream europe and also gets stable call ups to the super eaglea team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:56am On Aug 13, 2022
David Doherty of team Nigeria UK is reportedly in the race for the NFF presidency

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:02am On Aug 13, 2022
Alfryd:

even the Choubury guy they signed 2days ago start there match
what going on
grin they aren't good enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:10am On Aug 13, 2022
From Ja606

‘Even if the trap Barça have set themselves for the future isn’t catastrophic, they’ve hobbled themselves for a generation in their desperate attempt to compete in the short term:

- Given the sell off, Real Madrid are going to earn something like 33% more from La Liga TV rights over the next 25 years than Barça. Right now, that’s going to represent about a €40m advantage for Real *every season* over Barça, who will now earn less than Atlético Madrid.

- They have now sold off a total of 49.5% of Barça Studios (BS), the club’s commercial arm responsible for content for the local Barça TV channel, its social media, its streaming platform, its NFTs and more. Right now, BS is generating about €30m in revenue; but we know which way the world is going, and the loss of 50% of all future revenue in this domain is a massive, massive gamble.

- We’ll have to wait until the dust settles to see what the sell off has done for their €1.3bn of debt, given that 1) they’ve spent a big chunk of the proceeds on players, 2) their profit/loss still has the potential to look horrific. Yes, headline debt will have come down, but given the immediate loss of broadcasting and commercial revenue, their ability to service the remaining debt is decreased, and, of course, there is still the question of wages.

- Not only have Barça failed to shift their high earners, they’ve signed five more players you would expect to be earning well. All but one is now registered, and the reason for that is that they’re immediately right back up at their salary cap limit.

Now you may say, “Well the limit is the limit, and as long as they aren’t going over that, even La Liga think the finances should (more or less) work.”

The real problem is that the way they’ve restructured deals with existing players and set up contracts with newer signings, they’ve back-ended huge proportions of the values of players’ contracts, meaning that for the likes of De Jong, even if their wage looked just about affordable for Barça last year (if you squint very hard!), this year he’s going to earn more. A lot more. And the year after that, he’s going to earn more again. A lot more.

This way, Barça have contrived to owe their squad - particularly the likes of Messi (still), De Jong, Pique and Busquets, but actually a whole raft of players - an absolute fortune over the next five years and beyond. The way the contracts are structured, their wage bill, even if they do no business whatsoever over the next few seasons, is going to absolutely explode. Similarly, they still owe clubs a fortune in unpaid transfer fees (over €100m before this window even opened).

Barça seem to think they can dig their way out of this primarily by 1) winning everything, bringing in additional prize, TV (in Europe) and commercial revenue, and 2) facking their players over by promising wages down the line that they never intend to pay. Maybe they see additional revenue coming from elsewhere, but generating it from player sales is going to be difficult and if they’re banking on Super League 2.0, well

It looks to me like a terrible, terrible, terrible plan. 1) is a huge gamble, which I’m not remotely convinced they’ll ‘win’. And as Frenkie has demonstrated, to his immense credit, 2) they have no control over.

I give them three to five years before they’re in even bigger shiiiit than they were before the big sell off.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2022
Alfryd:

even the Choubury guy they signed 2days ago start there match
what going on

They are both injured...Out for some weeks..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:13am On Aug 13, 2022
Serie A is back today and we would see Isaac Success, Ademola Lookman and likely, Ola Aina in action today.

Mama Mia.

*Osimhen na still Monday. These Legia Serie A people shaa... shifting my boy's first game till beginning of the new week. angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:21am On Aug 13, 2022
A very good read and reiterates my position that indeed the Barca Financial situation is one to keep keen eyes on going forward.

I may enjoy their football on the pitch but off it, truly I am concerned for their financial future. Time will tell.

Let the 22/23 show begin. wink

TheGoodJoe:
From Ja606

‘Even if the trap Barça have set themselves for the future isn’t catastrophic, they’ve hobbled themselves for a generation in their desperate attempt to compete in the short term:

- Given the sell off, Real Madrid are going to earn something like 33% more from La Liga TV rights over the next 25 years than Barça. Right now, that’s going to represent about a €40m advantage for Real *every season* over Barça, who will now earn less than Atlético Madrid.

- They have now sold off a total of 49.5% of Barça Studios (BS), the club’s commercial arm responsible for content for the local Barça TV channel, its social media, its streaming platform, its NFTs and more. Right now, BS is generating about €30m in revenue; but we know which way the world is going, and the loss of 50% of all future revenue in this domain is a massive, massive gamble.

- We’ll have to wait until the dust settles to see what the sell off has done for their €1.3bn of debt, given that 1) they’ve spent a big chunk of the proceeds on players, 2) their profit/loss still has the potential to look horrific. Yes, headline debt will have come down, but given the immediate loss of broadcasting and commercial revenue, their ability to service the remaining debt is decreased, and, of course, there is still the question of wages.

- Not only have Barça failed to shift their high earners, they’ve signed five more players you would expect to be earning well. All but one is now registered, and the reason for that is that they’re immediately right back up at their salary cap limit.

Now you may say, “Well the limit is the limit, and as long as they aren’t going over that, even La Liga think the finances should (more or less) work.”

The real problem is that the way they’ve restructured deals with existing players and set up contracts with newer signings, they’ve back-ended huge proportions of the values of players’ contracts, meaning that for the likes of De Jong, even if their wage looked just about affordable for Barça last year (if you squint very hard!), this year he’s going to earn more. A lot more. And the year after that, he’s going to earn more again. A lot more.

This way, Barça have contrived to owe their squad - particularly the likes of Messi (still), De Jong, Pique and Busquets, but actually a whole raft of players - an absolute fortune over the next five years and beyond. The way the contracts are structured, their wage bill, even if they do no business whatsoever over the next few seasons, is going to absolutely explode. Similarly, they still owe clubs a fortune in unpaid transfer fees (over €100m before this window even opened).

Barça seem to think they can dig their way out of this primarily by 1) winning everything, bringing in additional prize, TV (in Europe) and commercial revenue, and 2) facking their players over by promising wages down the line that they never intend to pay. Maybe they see additional revenue coming from elsewhere, but generating it from player sales is going to be difficult and if they’re banking on Super League 2.0, well

It looks to me like a terrible, terrible, terrible plan. 1) is a huge gamble, which I’m not remotely convinced they’ll ‘win’. And as Frenkie has demonstrated, to his immense credit, 2) they have no control over.

I give them three to five years before they’re in even bigger shiiiit than they were before the big sell off.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:39am On Aug 13, 2022
Wetin Darwin Nunez and vlahovic Dey find for ballon d or nomination cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:46am On Aug 13, 2022
Samueltemi337:
grin they aren't good enough

Keep quiet

They are both injured
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:49am On Aug 13, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Keep quiet

They are both injured

after injury Kalu and okoye will be stuck in the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:58am On Aug 13, 2022
Samueltemi337:

after injury Kalu and okoye will be stuck in the bench

Let’s see sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:22am On Aug 13, 2022
It's Saturday my guys

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Lol if Messi win it e no go bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2022
maidaboi:
if man city f*k up we go put eye ooh

Lol abeg o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2022
Iwobi start

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2022
jihday:
Iwobi start

Who wan Start if the Midfield Generalissimo no start? If he doesn't, we riot!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:38am On Aug 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Who wan Start if the Midfield Generalissimo no start? If he doesn't, we riot!!!
I love this, regular minutes for iwobi. My only fear is that when Lampard get fired will the new coach like him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2022
Super Eagles best midfield IWOBI starts

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:45am On Aug 13, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Highlights of the Falconets game against France for those who want to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANH67KExAP0
Basco I will report you to CAF and Morocco, I saw what you did there (lol).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2022
jihday:
I love this, regular minutes for iwobi. My only fear is that when Lampard get fired will the new coach like him?

Uh, let's not think so ahead into that realm first.... rather let's enjoy the Lampard-Iwobi trust as we see it.

And who says Lampard will be fired if he can get Everton into mid table positions?

Time will tell shaa... wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:52am On Aug 13, 2022
The Governor Ahmed Musa called our girls after they defeated France

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkD2tCpmWfw

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13440) (13441) (13442) (13443) (13444) (13445) (13446) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.