Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11712356 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13441) (13442) (13443) (13444) (13445) (13446) (13447) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 11:54am On Aug 13, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Super Eagles best midfield IWOBI starts
Which match abeg? ��
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:54am On Aug 13, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
The Governor Ahmed Musa called our girls after they defeated France

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkD2tCpmWfw

Better him than Buhari. grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:57am On Aug 13, 2022
BankyGee:
Which match abeg? ��
Aston Villa vs Everton

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:58am On Aug 13, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Basco I will report you to CAF and Morocco, I saw what you did there (lol).

Haha my apologies to CAF and Morocco but I just couldn't miss the opportunity to troll on that one grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Haha my apologies to CAF and Morocco but I just couldn't miss the opportunity to troll on that one grin

Bia Nwokem, you need not apologise for nothing grin grin

I heard the comment too and I just laughed and went like...

"GET THEM BASCO!!! Hypocritical CAF"

Truth is even their VAR check at the Wafcon might have favored that French goal had it been in favour of Morocco. Na caps. Lol

So my man, troll in peace....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
Nottingham in talks with Maupay: With Dennis also sealed, does this mean Awoniyi's gametime is further more threatened??

Damn... if this deal goes through, I fear for Awo's chances this season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2022
As Iwobi gets set for Matchday 2 action for Eevrton away at Aston Villa, his manager, Lampard resumes his rivalry with Gerrard but thus time on a managerial Level.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Better him than Buhari. grin grin

Chai grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Bia Nwokem, you need not apologise for nothing grin grin

I heard the comment too and I just laughed and went like...

"GET THEM BASCO!!! Hypocritical CAF"

Truth is even their VAR check at the Wafcon might have favored that French goal had it been in favour of Morocco. Na caps. Lol

So my man, troll in peace....

Which VAR? That call would have stood like the statue of liberty cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
The Governor Ahmed Musa called our girls after they defeated France

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkD2tCpmWfw
a very nice and awesome guy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
From Ja606

‘Even if the trap Barça have set themselves for the future isn’t catastrophic, they’ve hobbled themselves for a generation in their desperate attempt to compete in the short term:

- Given the sell off, Real Madrid are going to earn something like 33% more from La Liga TV rights over the next 25 years than Barça. Right now, that’s going to represent about a €40m advantage for Real *every season* over Barça, who will now earn less than Atlético Madrid.

- They have now sold off a total of 49.5% of Barça Studios (BS), the club’s commercial arm responsible for content for the local Barça TV channel, its social media, its streaming platform, its NFTs and more. Right now, BS is generating about €30m in revenue; but we know which way the world is going, and the loss of 50% of all future revenue in this domain is a massive, massive gamble.

- We’ll have to wait until the dust settles to see what the sell off has done for their €1.3bn of debt, given that 1) they’ve spent a big chunk of the proceeds on players, 2) their profit/loss still has the potential to look horrific. Yes, headline debt will have come down, but given the immediate loss of broadcasting and commercial revenue, their ability to service the remaining debt is decreased, and, of course, there is still the question of wages.

- Not only have Barça failed to shift their high earners, they’ve signed five more players you would expect to be earning well. All but one is now registered, and the reason for that is that they’re immediately right back up at their salary cap limit.

Now you may say, “Well the limit is the limit, and as long as they aren’t going over that, even La Liga think the finances should (more or less) work.”

The real problem is that the way they’ve restructured deals with existing players and set up contracts with newer signings, they’ve back-ended huge proportions of the values of players’ contracts, meaning that for the likes of De Jong, even if their wage looked just about affordable for Barça last year (if you squint very hard!), this year he’s going to earn more. A lot more. And the year after that, he’s going to earn more again. A lot more.

This way, Barça have contrived to owe their squad - particularly the likes of Messi (still), De Jong, Pique and Busquets, but actually a whole raft of players - an absolute fortune over the next five years and beyond. The way the contracts are structured, their wage bill, even if they do no business whatsoever over the next few seasons, is going to absolutely explode. Similarly, they still owe clubs a fortune in unpaid transfer fees (over €100m before this window even opened).

Barça seem to think they can dig their way out of this primarily by 1) winning everything, bringing in additional prize, TV (in Europe) and commercial revenue, and 2) facking their players over by promising wages down the line that they never intend to pay. Maybe they see additional revenue coming from elsewhere, but generating it from player sales is going to be difficult and if they’re banking on Super League 2.0, well

It looks to me like a terrible, terrible, terrible plan. 1) is a huge gamble, which I’m not remotely convinced they’ll ‘win’. And as Frenkie has demonstrated, to his immense credit, 2) they have no control over.

I give them three to five years before they’re in even bigger shiiiit than they were before the big sell off.
Andrew will nag you to death today, wait mk em see this post first cheesy

The risk is too much and I pray it all works out for the club

Their fear is just Madrid and they will never match Madrid in any means. I suggested the ideal measures the management would hv taken is to invest more on talented youngsters from all over the world to boast more quality in their la masia as well to groom and graduate players that will be sold for high profit in the
nearest future. Tv and studio rights can be sold but on minimal % because that’s the only realistic avenue for the club to make good money every season

I see no reason a club that is struggling financially will sign a 33 year old lewandoski who just hv a year left in his contract with his former club Bayern for over 40m euros and agreed on his high wage demands. Same goes to others they brought it

Messi was taking home over a million euros every week but the media made us believe he was earning 400k euros weekly which is contrary to the real figures he earned. Cr7 then at Madrid agitated for such huge wages but Perez told him off then sold him to juve that even paid more than Madrid got him from man united at the age of 34/35

Also the likes of Suarez,coutiinho,dembele,pique,busquet where all on massive wages so tell me why the club won’t struggle financially as they do now. All these reckless expenditures made the club to hv a debt of over 1 billion euros, owe over 100m in transfer fees to clubs and over 30\40m on deferred wages

But Andrew will turn blind eye to all this but nag anybody that comes up with facts about Barca citing hate, jealousy and lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Uh, let's not think so ahead into that realm first.... rather let's enjoy the Lampard-Iwobi trust as we see it.

And who says Lampard will be fired if he can get Everton into mid table positions?

Time will tell shaa... wink
well, fingers crossed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Aston Villa vs Everton
Thanks comrade grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2022
The GOAT Banters: Twitter inspired grin

Press: C.Ronaldo, how many clubs have rejected you this summer?

C.Ronaldo:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2022
The GOAT Banters: Twitter inspired grin

Press: Messi, how many players were better than you last season?

Messi:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Nottingham in talks with Maupay: With Dennis also sealed, does this mean Awoniyi's gametime is further more threatened??

Damn... if this deal goes through, I fear for Awo's chances this season.

Why dem come buy awo ,nothingham forest self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Why dem come buy awo ,nothingham forest self

The guy didn't do anything in preseason, they can't risk their season on him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Andrew will nag you to death today, wait mk em see this post first cheesy

The risk is too much and I pray it all works out for the club

Their fear is just Madrid and they will never match Madrid in any means. I suggested the ideal measures the management would hv taken is to invest more on talented youngsters from all over the world to boast more quality in their la masia as well to groom and graduate players that will be sold for high profit in the
nearest future. Tv and studio rights can be sold but on minimal % because that’s the only realistic avenue for the club to make good money every season

I see no reason a club that is struggling financially will sign a 33 year old lewandoski who just hv a year left in his contract with his former club Bayern for over 40m euros and agreed on his high wage demands. Same goes to others they brought it

Messi was taking home over a million euros every week but the media made us believe he was earning 400k euros weekly which is contrary to the real figures he earned. Cr7 then at Madrid agitated for such huge wages but Perez told him off then sold him to juve that even paid more than Madrid got him from man united at the age of 34/35

Also the likes of Suarez,coutiinho,dembele,pique,busquet where all on massive wages so tell me why the club won’t struggle financially as they do now. All these reckless expenditures made the club to hv a debt of over 1 billion euros, owe over 100m in transfer fees to clubs and over 30\40m on deferred wages

But Andrew will turn blind eyes to all this but nag anybody that comes up with facts about Barca citing hate, jealousy and lies

Messi don go this one still Dey cry ,lewandowski shirt sales has covered almost part of the transfer fee grin

We have seen all the young strikers manure have been buying nah

Manchester United sold 100 percent of their rights to the glazers and the club have been useless for the past 10 years

Barcelona just sold very small of their asset and you are crying ,emeka give it a rest ,go and role with clubs like crystal palace Leeds ,it’s clear Barca isn’t going into the mud like you guys ,so I understand the tears ,or you wanna keep looking for a club to drag down with yours cheesy

We await your next protest to the glazers which occurs every year cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2022
Subzero047:

The guy didn't do anything in preseason, they can't risk their season on him

Akuko

Na pre season dem take Dey judge players ?

Which special thing Haaland and Nunez do for preseason ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
Manchester United sold 100 percent of their rights to the glazers and they keep protesting everyday of being useless

Chelsea sold 100 percent of their rights to Todd boehly ,another American cheesy

Barcelona only sold less than 15 percent with a buy back clause and the whole England is triggered grin

You epl fan boys should give it a rest ,una just hate Barca for nothing .

The money Barca spent this transfer window is just 140 which is less than what we paid for coutinho ,all thanks to free agent ,I am sure by the end of the transfer window nothingham forest would have spent more than Barca .

Hate from Manchester United because de Jong is rejecting their useless club .

Hate from Chelsea Fans because kounde and raphinha rejected them for Barca

Una go Dey alright las las .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2022
#SuperEagles forward, Ademola Lookman has been named in the Atalanta 19-man squad for the trip to Sampdoria on Saturday as the #SerieA kicks off for the 2022/23 season.

The English-born star is one of four forwards named by Coach Gian Piero Gasperini, who will look for a positive start from his players after the club lost two last matches last season.

Follow Us @All Nigeria Sports For More

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Akuko

Na pre season dem take Dey judge players ?

Which special thing Haaland and Nunez do for preseason ?

E reach to judge am o, you want them to carry am go season like this and he scores 5 goals and they get relegated
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2022
Chidera Ejuke starts for Hertha Today vs Frankfurt. Get ready.

On in 55mins.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2022
Subzero047:

E reach to judge am o, you want them to carry am go season like this and he scores 5 goals and they get relegated
Kai Oga Sub,Dennis scored 10 goals and Watford got relegated.Truly he had mix pre season but Taiwo alone cannot determine Nottingham success,he can only contribute.Good seeing them signing more players,season just started,so let's see who is going to be saviour for Forest.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Chidera Ejuke starts for Hertha Today vs Frankfurt. Get ready.

On in 55mins.
Good for Ejuke,reason why I love Europe top five league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2022

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2022
Aribo benched
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2022
Ndidi starts while Iheanacho on the bench as Leicester visits Arsenal today.

Game on in 58mins.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2022
Samueltemi337:

Have it on strong authority that Manchester United enquired about Osimehn from Napoli.

Napoli said no transfer until next season at least.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2022
Everton were looking like relegation candidates before that goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2022
As things stand, it's very very very safe to agree with the notion that Alex Iwobi will easily walk into Manchester Utd's Present midfield.

He has balled hard and smart again today. Truly making the deeplying midfield role his own for good for Club and Country.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (13441) (13442) (13443) (13444) (13445) (13446) (13447) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.