Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11697558 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13588) (13589) (13590) (13591) (13592) (13593) (13594) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Samueltemi337:
No
But men don collect too
Yes but 4 -1 is respectful collection compared to total annihilation of 8-0 or 7-1 when no be handball we dey play. But hopefully nobody go beat the Falcons like drum again like that, no more nawoya, nawode kain beating. Forgive the yoruba abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
Danielnino00:

It is official!
Our new kit

The home jersey looks too busy.
The away jersey is fine.

At least I like the fact that we have returned to white as our away Jersey.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
mostob:
grin grin grin
The skirt sef be like one of those sacks we dey use do sack race that year in secondary school
na Jehova witness church skirt Dem use advertise the thing I know understand the people wey dey coordinate this our kit grin grin grin any misconception wey nike do for us na em dey good for their eyes grin grin grin Nike don sow skirt wey niké wear do advert grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
This world cup Nigeria will miss is actually very painful. How did our football degenerate to this shallow extent? Aaaahhh!

Meanwhile I just read that Lookman may be axed from the friendly with Algeria because he bluntly refused to be substituted in the 10-0 Guinea Bissau game and Moses Simon was substituted instead. I heard that act didn't go down well with Oga Peseiro.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
mostob:
grin grin grin

Inasmuch as we appreciate his works on this thread, talent without character will resort to nothing.

Lmaoooo.... you guys just love to talk. I ignore once, twice but this... naaah.

...Says someone who is still bitter about being exposed by me, on the Women football thread, as one who was masturbating or humping over a Michelle Alozie photo. You just couldn't help yourself. Could you? grin Ofcoz I know those who truly appreciate me. You are not among. So no dey disguise to make a stupidly nonexistent point. So standing up for myself is now wrong? Mtcheewww

Anyways,

Food for thought:

Wherever this thread is mentioned nationwide be it in sports groups or anywhere at all.
Between your moniker and mine, we both know who will be remembered and mentioned the most. It's no news that my moniker has gotten that far in the football world.

Yet, your irrelevant self says "resort to nothing". Loollll. Just nonsense talk spilled by people I can only classify as haters. Haters and jealous idiots seeking attention.

Now, Little boy, I was literally contacted by a sports media outfit in Nigeria, whose name I won't reveal, just 11 days ago to make out Time for TV appearances. I have had offers I have turned down not only because I have a job as a doc that takes the most of my time but because of other engagements I won't mention and also because I enjoy my partial anonymity.

I am going places both in my job and thanks to one of my hobbies being football analysis and discussions. So you may need to redefine what you mean by Nothing. because bruv, I am "Nothing" like you. And you aren't "Something" like me.

My name has even gone international bruv and till today, I have people outside the country in football who still reach out to me and contact me.
So, Me and Nothing can't possibly be in the same sentence.

People talk about BascoVanVeli and TheGoodJoe wherever this thread is mentioned. They still talk about safarigirl despite her long absence.
And ofcos, no surprises as they still always talk about TheSuperNerd as a strong point of reference and discussions.

Even as we speak, My name pops up in one sports group or the other. No caps. It is not arrogance. It is just facts.

I have never heard mostob come up as a discussion or point of reference outside here in sports groups. Never seen.

So bro... you are the Nothing. Not me.

You and your kinds are obviously the pigs. The Nothings.

Have a fine day, Mr. Nothing. wink

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
- Says Mr Nothing.

How can a nobody be claiming cat? Pig is more like it. grin

mostob:
It's alright bro .... Just a single response is Ok. Cats no dey roll with pigs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
I think it's a good thing we are missing the World Cup. We would have gone there and just disgraced ourselves with Eguavoen still leading the team.

Painful as missing it felt, I think being spared the disgrace in the long run is better and gives us a chance to really look at our team and build something really good. Let's hope Jose Peseiro and the team achieve that. Coz it's in their hands more than anyone else's.

As for the bolded... Woah. I wonder where you heard or read this. Shocking if true.

solonnachi:
This world cup Nigeria will miss is actually very painful. How did our football degenerate to this shallow extent? Aaaahhh!

Meanwhile I just read that Lookman may be axed from the friendly with Algeria because he bluntly refused to be substituted in the 10-0 Guinea Bissau game and Moses Simon was substituted instead. I heard that act didn't go down well with Oga Peseiro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
solonnachi:

lookman is invited
Alhasan, adeleye Gk, Ekpiteta of Blackpool is invited too

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
I think it's a good thing we are missing the World Cup. We would have gone there and just disgraced ourselves with Eguavoen still leading the team.

Painful as missing it felt, I think being spared the disgrace in the long run is better and gives us a chance to really look at our team and build something really good. Let's hope Jose Peseiro and the team achieve that. Coz it's in their hands more than anyone else's.

As for the bolded... Woah. I wonder where you heard or read this. Shocking if true.

Wow! Nerdie! Longest time!

I am still of the view that we would have made an impact at Qatar with our resurgent, youth, talented and vibrant team. My only fear would have been our goalkeeping department.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2022
Alfryd:

lookman is invited

Thank God Lookman is on that list ooo.
Who is this Ekpiteta again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2022
Yeah, Nnachi. Been a while. Haven't been on the Women's football thread too for a long bit. Can't be everywhere really. Lol

Well, you may have reasons to hope for good in Qatar had we qualified but fact is we would have gone with Eguavoen as head of the crew and yes, our GK dept would have been a huge let-down.

What would have been much more worrying for me is Eguavoen's limited tactical nous on how to properly assemble a truly balanced midfield that will get the best out of our attacking talents.

solonnachi:

Wow! Nerdie! Longest time!

I am still of the view that we would have made an impact at Qatar with our resurgent, youth, talented and vibrant team. My only fear would have been our goalkeeping department.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
Ibrahim Rasheed Akanbi and Iyayi Believe Atiemwen start for FC Sheriff Tiraspol vs Manchester Utd today in Matchday 2 of the UEL Group stage.

Game on in 52mins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
Francis Uzoho still chopping bench at Omonia. Sits for this one vs Sadiq's Real Sociedad in the UEL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moses Simon starts as his side, FC Nantes battle Qarabag FK away in UEL Matchday 2 action.

Game on in 44mins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
Young GK sensation, 18 y/o Mark Nnamdi Ugboh on the bench for FC Midtjylland in their UEL Matchday 2 fixture vs SS Lazio.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
Jordan Torunarigha starts for KAA Gent vs Shamrock Rovers in the UECL.

Matchday 2 action as well.

Kicks off in 31mins.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
The Captain of the Super Eagles, Ahmed Musa AKA Da Guv'nor starts today for Sivasspor in the UECL vs CFR Cluj away from home in Matchday 2 action.

Game on in 21mins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
Peter Olayinka starts for Slavia Prague vs KF Ballkani of Kosovo.

Moses Usor starts from the bench.

Yira Sor again not in Matchday squad.

Game on in 10mins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
solonnachi:

Thank God Lookman is on that list ooo.
Who is this Ekpiteta again?

He's the current Captain of Blackpool in the English championship
A Defender
He won there best player of the season last year

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
Uche Henry Agbo starts for Slovan Bratislava in UECL Matchday 2 action vs Pyunik Yerevan away from home.

Rabin Ibrahim on the bench.

Game on in 5mins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
Danielnino00:

Una go just talk anyhow... I been dey wait for this moment .

But the jersey no make sense.

Looks like platoons' Carnival uniform for NYSC camp

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
Alfryd:

lookman is invited

Ekpiteta keh

Vawulence go dey unleashed for this thread.

Make I book for popcorn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geonyte(m): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
Peter olayinka scores for slavia Prague

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 6:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Lmaoooo.... you guys just love to talk. I ignore once, twice but this... naaah.

...Says someone who is still bitter about being exposed by me, on the Women football thread, as one who was masturbating or humping over a Michelle Alozie photo. You just couldn't help yourself. Could you? grin Ofcoz I know those who truly appreciate me. You are not among. So no dey disguise to make a stupidly nonexistent point. So standing up for myself is now wrong? Mtcheewww

Anyways,

Food for thought:

Wherever this thread is mentioned nationwide be it in sports groups or anywhere at all.
Between your moniker and mine, we both know who will be remembered and mentioned the most. It's no news that my moniker has gotten that far in the football world.

Yet, your irrelevant self says "resort to nothing". Loollll. Just nonsense talk spilled by people I can only classify as haters. Haters and jealous idiots seeking attention.

Now, Little boy, I was literally contacted by a sports media outfit in Nigeria, whose name I won't reveal, just 11 days ago to make out Time for TV appearances. I have had offers I have turned down not only because I have a job as a doc that takes the most of my time but because of other engagements I won't mention and also because I enjoy my partial anonymity.

I am going places both in my job and thanks to one of my hobbies being football analysis and discussions. So you may need to redefine what you mean by Nothing. because bruv, I am "Nothing" like you. And you aren't "Something" like me.

My name has even gone international bruv and till today, I have people outside the country in football who still reach out to me and contact me.
So, Me and Nothing can't possibly be in the same sentence.

People talk about BascoVanVeli and TheGoodJoe wherever this thread is mentioned. They still talk about safarigirl despite her long absence.
And ofcos, no surprises as they still always talk about TheSuperNerd as a strong point of reference and discussions.

Even as we speak, My name pops up in one sports group or the other. No caps. It is not arrogance. It is just facts.

I have never heard mostob come up as a discussion or point of reference outside here in sports groups. Never seen.

So bro... you are the Nothing. Not me.

You and your kinds are obviously the pigs. The Nothings.

Have a fine day, Mr. Nothing. wink

gbemidabe super man this one off me I don dey amazed even maize know fit sweet for my mouth for now grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
One of Okocha's greatest performances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1MBYT5RCjk
Amazing display. One of my best clips of Jay Jay Okocha.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
Did a video on 6 reasons for Alex Iwobi's resurgence this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdiFfdAmO_Y

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
Icon4s:

The home jersey looks too busy.
The away jersey is fine.

At least I like the fact that we have returned to white as our away Jersey.
Personally I like the Ankara feel look though. Totally different from what we are used to and I feel it sells part of our heritage too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 7:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wait so the super falcons go dey use skirt play abi wetin?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
Clint02:
Wait so the super falcons go dey use skirt play abi wetin?
Dem no go fit run well now with skirt. Na wrapper dem suppose tie.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
But this our New home Jersey no bad oooo, na the model wey wear am mk am come be like say e bend cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Dem no go fit run well now with skirt. Na wrapper dem suppose tie.
cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Personally I like the Ankara feel look though. Totally different from what we are used to and I feel it sells part of our heritage too.
it’s unique to me even na the away own Dey too simple, regular and void of enough artistic design

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13588) (13589) (13590) (13591) (13592) (13593) (13594) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.