Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13639) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11665837 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13636) (13637) (13638) (13639) (13640) (13641) (13642) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2022
grin grin u don start abi ?
charlesemeka85:
This place too full today

E be like we need small vawulence to mk am hit up small cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2022
Memolodi Sundowns in South African league will pay him better oooo

He should return home cheesy

No be everybody go make an for europe cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2022
Emmy450:
grin grin u don start abi ?
name sake Howfa na wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
komekn:

Please stop being academic and get real

The core motivation for players is to get the highest pay available in what is a very short term career.

Good players cost money there is no way you can get around it.

This club Ponferradina FC is essentially bankrupt, weekly wage bill for the whole club is €37k with a €400k deficit in transfer fees. Who will you sign of quality with that kind of budget.

What you will get is poor quality free agent's, loan youth players ( not the top quality ones) and players with failing or retirement careers.

Bruv you get what you pay for. Na beta money kill Soup.

Imagine a whole squad of players weekly wages €37k, dothe the mathematics and reason it. Divide it among a bare bones squad of 22 players. Some will have to have part time jobs. Which better player can you buy, it's peanuts.

You are literally moving towards semi professional wages in England.

That kind of budget is reflective of English league two lower end clubs.
so you mean this club can’t sign a player for 500k-800k euros at once? shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dammywapes(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Yes
supersport
Hope supersports show this match have been on all their sport stations all day but can’t find it listed on any of their stations just national league matches are listed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dammywapes(m): 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2022
joxxy01:
As per goal.com.. it will be aired on AIT and SUPERSPORT 8pm today
Alright thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:40pm On Sep 27, 2022
Like Andrew said you're over simplifying the issue.

Wages though a determinant is not the only way to judge a team's quality or lack thereof.

Everyone knows that teams in Spain outside the top 3/4 are financial lightweight so you can imagine how poorly paid teams in La Liga 2 are.

Compared to Championship clubs who enjoy huge financial windfalls. Most of the time they are able to buy a legion of players.

Look at Nottingham Forest for example despite buying almost 20 players during the transfer window the quality of their football is still dour.

I can bet the quality of La Liga 2 will still be decent quality in comparison to wages received.

Don't get me wrong Nwakali still has a long way to go in his career but sometimes learn to appreciate people's small beginnings. Didier Drogba and Jamie Vardy didn't enjoy the greatest starts to their respective careers but look at where they are now.

Nobody is saying you shouldn't give your honest opinions on a player but learn not to be absolute when judging how well a player will turn out.

komekn:

Please stop being academic and get real

The core motivation for players is to get the highest pay available in what is a very short term career.

Good players cost money there is no way you can get around it.

This club Ponferradina FC is essentially bankrupt, weekly wage bill for the whole club is €37k with a €400k deficit in transfer fees. Who will you sign of quality with that kind of budget.

What you will get is poor quality free agent's, loan youth players ( not the top quality ones) and players with failing or retirement careers.

Bruv you get what you pay for. Na beta money kill Soup.

Imagine a whole squad of players weekly wages €37k, dothe the mathematics and reason it. Divide it among a bare bones squad of 22 players. Some will have to have part time jobs. Which better player can you buy, it's peanuts.

You are literally moving towards semi professional wages in England.

That kind of budget is reflective of English league two lower end clubs.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2022
chrisooblog:

Wages though a determinant is not the only way to judge a team's quality or lack thereof.

Everyone knows that teams in Spain outside the top 3/4 are financial lightweight so you can imagine how poorly paid teams in La Liga 2 are.

Compared to Championship clubs who enjoy huge financial windfalls. Most of the time they are able to buy a legion of players.

Look at Nottingham Forest for example despite buying almost 20 players during the transfer window the quality of their football is still dour.

I can bet the quality of La Liga 2 will still be decent quality in comparison to wages received.

Don't get me wrong Nwakali still has a long way to go in his career but sometimes learn to appreciate people's small beginnings. Didier Drogba and Jamie Vardy didn't enjoy the greatest starts to their respective careers but look at where they are now.

Nobody is saying you shouldn't give your honest opinions on a player but learn not to be absolute when judging how well a player will turn out.

gbam grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Calvin Bassey is just looking at you

You want to pare the great bassey with who

Omerou, balogun, Swazi em and ekong

Bassey and tosin on a bad day will outclass the four of them combined

Just imagine bassey, tosin and semi ajayi then add one of those washed up central above to complete the lot

I’m not worried about our RB or LB self those positions are secured
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2022
typicalgamer:

You want to pare the great bassey with who

Omerou, balogun, Swazi em and ekong

Bassey and tosin on a bad day will outclass the four of them combined

Just imagine bassey, tosin and semi ajayi then add one of those washed up central above to complete the lot

I’m not worried about our RB or LB self those positions are secured

You said Tosin is better than all our centre backs combined

I was only trying to let you know that we have Calvin Bassey so that statement is not true

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:16pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Morocco will do well in this world cup

Uruguay
Belgium
Portugal
Morocco

Morocco can’t seem to catch a break no
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2022
I believe African Super League will improve African football. European football is not helping African teams.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samueltemi337:

I was only trying to let you know that we have Calvin Bassey so that statement is not true

Well i didn’t phrase it out properly

My point is that ekong balogun, omeruo 3 of them should be dropped we prioritize mediocrity too much

Balogun hasn’t played god knows when, ekong can’t nail a starting jersey.
Omerou is printing jerseys for politicians
Awaziem is just unlucky

These are the guys we call our shield same people that are considered washed and useless abroad.

Let’s make change for the sake of change na
Bassey is certified
Tosin has no way of making that England squad but he has to quality to be there in the England squad.
This is where our failure on qualifying for the word cup comes into play, because if we were going to Qatar he’ll certainly tag with us, if we give him a call.

Now to talk of semi ajayi that man has played more and outperform, ekong omerou balogun and awaziem combined he got more game time than all of them
But By the end of the day the usual suspects will be in the starting lineup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2022
zuchyblink:
I believe African Super League will improve African football. European football is not helping African teams.

It’ll not only someone who doesn’t know how the super league works will say this

Go back and read about the format of the super league and you’ll delete this your comment

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samueltemi337:

Look at it from this perspective
Only bassey that we can bring out to counter this arguement

At CB tosin is indeed better than bassey he’s more disciplined
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 3:31pm On Sep 27, 2022
typicalgamer:

It’ll not only someone who doesn’t know how the super league works will say this

Go back and read about the format of the super league and you’ll delete this your comment
if it continues it can only get better. European players play in Europe and they are doing better. Since Brazilian and Argentinean players left South America they have not been the same. African teams are retrogressing badly. South Korean team with over 50% of them playing at home just defeated Cameroon with 95% players in Europe. Even Uzbekistan with a good number of players at home defeated Cameroon.
Africa need to build a strong league to keep our best at home
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:31pm On Sep 27, 2022
typicalgamer:

Look at it from this perspective
Only bassey that we can bring out to counter this arguement

At CB tosin is indeed better than bassey he’s more disciplined
I think olisa ndah should be tried even though he plays in the South Africa league

I will go with a back three of Bassey, akpoguma and ndah

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:31pm On Sep 27, 2022
Mikel retires officially from football

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:32pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samueltemi337:
I think olisa ndah should be tried even though he plays in the South Africa league

Ndah wetin? shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
typicalgamer:

Well i didn’t phrase it out properly

My point is that ekong balogun, omeruo 3 of them should be dropped we prioritize mediocrity too much

Balogun hasn’t played god knows when, ekong can’t nail a starting jersey.
Omerou is printing jerseys for politicians
Awaziem is just unlucky

These are the guys we call our shield same people that are considered washed and useless abroad.

Let’s make change for the sake of change na
Bassey is certified
Tosin has no way of making that England squad but he has to quality to be there in the England squad.
This is where our failure on qualifying for the word cup comes into play, because if we were going to Qatar he’ll certainly tag with us, if we give him a call.

Now to talk of semi ajayi that man has played more and outperform, ekong omerou balogun and awaziem combined he got more game time than all of them
But By the end of the day the usual suspects will be in the starting lineup
awaziem isn’t unlucky but not good enough simple

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Ndah wetin? shocked
Ndah can't be worst than ekong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Ndah can't be worst than ekong
yes but not an upgrade abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2022
chrisooblog:

No team in laliga 2 can survive in championship without relegating, the quality in championship Is better than some top flight league(and I mean this) the Nottingham forest you mentioned they're not playing bad, it hard to adapt to premier league generally, and they're above leceister city and same point with west ham, other team that got promoted with Nott; Fulham and Bournemouth are 6th and 12th on the table respectively, championship team are generally successful cos of their financial strength, sponsorship et al unlike laliga 2 that are just merely feeder team, rely mostly on academic lads, and other free agent or perhaps backwater leagues player, championship have brought alot of stars like Bellingham (played in Birmingham), mount, tomori, Reece James(Wigan), mitrovic, arnaut danjuma, e.t.c I could go on and on these are the qualities championship team provided, I don't think there is any second division league in the world that can be compared in terms of quality with championship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2022
Astrid4:

No team in laliga 2 can survive in championship without relegating, the quality in championship Is better than some top flight league(and I mean this) the Nottingham forest you mentioned they're not playing bad, it hard to adapt to premier league generally, and they're above leceister city and same point with west ham, other team that got promoted with Nott; Fulham and Bournemouth are 6th and 12th on the table respectively, championship team are generally successful cos of their financial strength, sponsorship et al unlike laliga 2 that are just merely feeder team, rely mostly on academic lads, and other free agent or perhaps backwater leagues player, championship have brought alot of stars like Bellingham (played in Birmingham), mount, tomori, Reece James(Wigan), mitrovic, arnaut danjuma, e.t.c I could go on and on these are the qualities championship team provided, I don't think there is any second division league in the world that can be compared in terms of quality with championship
there is no way you can compare the English 2nd tier to that of the Spanish both in quality and finance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2022
charlesemeka85:
37k weekly wages for all their playing staff? Nawaooo

Nwakali mk em kuku leave that club go Arabian pennnisula pack retirement money ooooo

So nwakali a Nigerian international who is highly rated and revered earns below 4K Euros weekly in europe? sad

I believe he will even earn more in the Belgian,Dutch, North African or even Scandinavian leagues

Clubs like al ahly zamalek pays more than many clubs in Europe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samueltemi337:

These are options we should be exploring instead of using the usual suspects and they’re not showing any progress

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2022
andrewbaba44:

even clubs in China and the Arab world do that too so that one no be yard stick for a club to be as poor as nwakali’s current club cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Most people don’t know that and Egypt currency is equivalent to a dollar if not more than self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2022
typicalgamer:

These are options we should be exploring instead of using the usual suspects and they’re not showing any progress
gbam
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2022
Astrid4:

your first sentence is a very big fat lie

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2022
charlesemeka85:
there is no way you can compare the English 2nd tier to that of the Spanish both in quality and finance

Even said laliga can’t compare to epl in terms of finance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2022
Yes of course but no be to hv wage pple of less than 40k for the whole playing staff cheesy
typicalgamer:

Even said laliga can’t compare to epl in terms of finance

(1) (2) (3) ... (13636) (13637) (13638) (13639) (13640) (13641) (13642) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.