Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11671374 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13766) (13767) (13768) (13769) (13770) (13771) (13772) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2022
BannedLarge:

Osimehn struggles massively against big teams but he is young and has time to improve his G+A against Big teams. He needs to learn how to hit Buhala from far just incase there are many players around him
Barcelona
Chelsea
Atalanta
Roma
Lazio
Monaco
Liverpool
Juventus
Leicester
Bayern Munich

they are not big teams Abi?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:17pm On Nov 03, 2022
komekn:

Here we go again , your perception is not my position.

Because I don't get all emotively euphoric about your favourite player does not mean, I have DOWNGRADED him .

I don't do praise singing thats your department.

Because I refuse to join your V.O. choir doesn't mean negative disposition towards your idol.

Get a grip stop acting up and misrepresentating matters to suit your parochial one track narrative. And anyone who doesn't agree is your enemy of progress.

Sychophancy and praise singing will not help a player, but constructive even harsh criticism will.

I did not say no big club will sign him , if you go back I used the term THRIVE. It's one thing to join a big club it's another to thrive.

As soon as OSIMHEN'S movement improved tactically, I was quick to praise him. Where are your praises? You only hide when a player is doing well then pop up if there is a blip and call it constructive criticism.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:22pm On Nov 03, 2022
komekn:

Here we go again , your perception is not my position.

Because I don't get all emotively euphoric about your favourite player does not mean, I have DOWNGRADED him .

I don't do praise singing thats your department.

Because I refuse to join your V.O. choir doesn't mean negative disposition towards your idol.

Get a grip stop acting up and misrepresentating matters to suit your parochial one track narrative. And anyone who doesn't agree is your enemy of progress.

Sychophancy and praise singing will not help a player, but constructive even harsh criticism will.

I did not say no big club will sign him , if you go back I used the term THRIVE. It's one thing to join a big club it's another to thrive.

Writing long epistle does not change that your point is totally myopic. It is strictly from a bias point of view.

It is ridiculous to use two games against Liverpool, on one Liverpool were torn to shreds by Napoli to say a player will find it difficult in the EPL.

It is not logical for even a baby football watcher to think so. You are wrong here. Long Epistles and verbal attacks won't change the fact that you made an illogical point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2022
komekn:

You are being assumptive, I did not use one game to make any conclusion, CHAI ! ! !

Football is like psychology there are more probabilities than conclusions albeit informed probabilities.

This is why last seasons super star can be this season flop. Consider Sanchez outstanding at Arsenal a big flop at United.

But I deviate, l looked at V.O. attributes that have given him great success so far.

I reiterate, pace, blind determined relentless raging attack. He is physical but not overly ,( wouldn't call him a muscle head) good aerial ability and finishing. However , guile, trickery sublime skill and technical ability are not his attributes.

The EPL is extremely fast and physical much more so than Seria A, French league one and the Belgium league. For him to thrive at a top 5 EPL club he will need more.

He is well known now, do you know that clubs have access to hours of footage of individual players and they prepare meticulously covering every detail. It's quite normal for individual players to go analysts and say give me 2 hours on V.O.

My view is simplistic , which is what he experienced in his two games against Liverpool is a precursor to what he will find week in week out playing in the EPL. But with greater expectations, as a top goal scorer from Seria A.

I think you're assumptive rather.

The attributes you mentioned are enough to make way in the EPL. He doesn't have to be a Mo Salah or Harry Kane in his first season.

Regardless of that angle, he has just what it takes right now to play EPL.

Aspa shining beyond expectation, that's his homework to do. He knows that too. Very much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2022
Curtisaxel10:
I repeat. There is NO good reason why a world class striker should feature for virtually the entirety of a game at such level and not get even a LONE shot on target, talk more of a goal. Just falling and rolling.

It's bad form. Plain and simple. And no player patronage chaser can shut me up.
Lewa and the whole of barca had zero shot on target against Bayern in their second leg at Camp Nou

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Writing long epistle does not change that your point is totally myopic. It is strictly from a bias point of view.

It is ridiculous to use two games against Liverpool, on one Liverpool were torn to shreds by Napoli to say a player will find it difficult in the EPL.

It is not logical for even a baby football watcher to think so. You are wrong here. Long Epistles and verbal attacks won't change the fact that you made an illogical point

You keep using your perception which is already prejudiced.

Where did I say V.O. will struggle, I said if he is to THRIVE he will have to improve.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Barcelona
Chelsea
Atalanta
Roma
Lazio
Monaco
Liverpool
Juventus
Leicester
Bayern Munich

Obviously,the big team he is referring to is Ghana... The match where he staked his family land on and ended up losing..

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:07pm On Nov 03, 2022
daveP:

I think you're assumptive rather.

The attributes you mentioned are enough to make way in the EPL. He doesn't have to be a Mo Salah or Harry Kane in his first season.

Regardless of that angle, he has just what it takes right now to play EPL.

Aspa shining beyond expectation, that's his homework to do. He knows that too. Very much.

Make way and play in the EPL a very big YES , but to THRIVE he will need more.

Thrive in the context of a top 5 goal scorer in the EPL at the end of each season.

With regards to the bold , V.O. is yet to exceed expectations in Seria A , in what is his now third season.

Unless you want to do unnecessary praise singing and over hype.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2022
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Barcelona
Chelsea
Atalanta
Roma
Lazio
Monaco
Liverpool
Juventus
Leicester
Bayern Munich

He scored against Chelsea and Roma. It’s in your village that lazio or Leicester are big games. You also forgot to add 180 minutes vs amartey in a WCQ (Big game) no goals. Emenike might have not scored many goals for super eagles, but I ranked him ahead of martins, yakubu (Super eagles wise). He won, performed at big games and scored. Afterwards, he disappeared. Performing at big games will always amplify your Value

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:43pm On Nov 03, 2022
Hate is a strong thing o.. very strong thing...

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2022
Danielnino00:
Hate is a strong thing o.. very strong thing...

It’s only in Nigeria that you will compliment someone 90 times, the 10 times that you speak on their flaws to help them improve, some people will brand you as Haters. Some of these yes men are the worse kind of people to be around. They will never help you grow

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2022
BannedLarge:

It’s only in Nigeria that you will compliment someone 90 times, the 10 times that you speak on their flaws to help them improve, some people will brand you as Haters. Some of these yes men are the worse kind of people to be around. They will never help you grow

What you and your lots are spewing is nothing close to pointing out somebody's flaw.. it's just hate..

You keep repeating the Ghana game everytime..like every damn time.. it's been 8 months already.. When you constantly use that game to justify your "Osimhen doesn't perform in big games" narrative while overlooking other facts like the game against Roma, you're just hating...
As for Komekn,he said it himself here that Osimhen wasn't good enough for a championship youth team simply because the man was battling injuries at Wolfsburg which slowed down hia progress...

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
komekn:

Make way and play in the EPL a very big YES , but to THRIVE he will need more.

Thrive in the context of a top 5 goal scorer in the EPL at the end of each season.

With regards to the bold , V.O. is yet to exceed expectations in Seria A , in what is his now third season.

Unless you want to do unnecessary praise singing and over hype.

That is all I've been trying to let you see but you keep making it seem like he is stagnant.

Considering he's back from injury and atop the list right now, pls give him the accolades of the moment. Simple!!

I ain't overhyping anyone. But you're underhyping him too much. Yeah you are!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
Danielnino00:

What you and your lots are spewing is nothing close to pointing out somebody's flaw.. it's just hate..

You keep repeating the Ghana game everytime..like every damn time.. it's been 8 months already.. When you constantly use that game to justify your "Osimhen doesn't perform in big games" narrative while overlooking other facts like the game against Roma, you're just hating...
As for Komekn,he said it himself here that Osimhen wasn't good enough for a championship youth team simply because the man was battling injuries at Wolfsburg which slowed down hia progress...

You must be mad. I clearly praised Osimehn after Roma game because it was a big game and he performed. (He was rightfully praised) Prior to that game, his record at big games has been porous. Of course, I will reference that Ghana match because it still dey vex me today. The way that I hyped SE expecially Osimehn before that match, if you were me, you will also had been disappointed. Super eagles couldn’t score from open play against arguably the weakest Ghana team in 20 years. Why I not go vex?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2022
daveP:

That is all I've been trying to let you see but you keep making it seem like he is stagnant.

Considering he's back from injury and atop the list right now, pls give him the accolades of the moment. Simple!!

I ain't overhyping anyone. But you're underhyping him too much. Yeah you are!!

Osimehn is either world class or has the potential to become World class as long as he improves on his weakness. Anyone that tells you otherwise might be a Hater

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:01pm On Nov 03, 2022
BannedLarge:

You must be mad. I clearly praised Osimehn after Roma game because it was a big game and he performed. (He was rightfully praised) Prior to that game, his record at big games has been porous. Of course, I will reference that Ghana match because it still dey vex me today. The way that I hyped SE expecially Osimehn before that match, if y[center][/center]ou were me, you will also had been disappointed. Super eagles couldn’t score from open play against arguably the weakest Ghana team in 20 years. Why I not go vex?

As usual,you can't make a comment without throwing an insult... Too much of drugs..

The Ghana game was 8 months ago .Move on... everybody has... Not a day pass by that you won't repeat it...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
Danielnino00:

Obviously,the big team he is referring to is Ghana... The match where he staked his family land on and ended up losing..

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:25pm On Nov 03, 2022
komekn:

You keep using your perception which is already prejudiced.

Where did I say V.O. will struggle, I said if he is to THRIVE he will have to improve.

Which one is improve? Put OSIMHEN in the EPL today and he will thrive. You can not use two games to put a verdict that a player won't thrive.

OSIMHEN has all the qualities to thrive in the EPL. Messi has had bad games. It did not mean will not thrive or need to improve.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Which one is improve? Put OSIMHEN in the EPL today and he will thrive. You can not use two games to put a verdict that a player won't thrive.

OSIMHEN has all the qualities to thrive in the EPL. Messi has had bad games. It did not mean will not thrive or need to improve.

He definitely has all the attributes to succeed at Epl. Pace, power, strong, intelligent

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:53am On Nov 04, 2022
Noah Atubolu made his Europa league debut in goal for Freiburg against Qarabag

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 4:42am On Nov 04, 2022
BannedLarge:

He scored against Chelsea and Roma. It’s in your village that lazio or Leicester are big games. You also forgot to add 180 minutes vs amartey in a WCQ (Big game) no goals. Emenike might have not scored many goals for super eagles, but I ranked him ahead of martins, yakubu (Super eagles wise). He won, performed at big games and scored. Afterwards, he disappeared. Performing at big games will always amplify your Value

The last time I checked Egypt will also not be going to the world likewise many top teams. Their fans are not putting the blame solely on a 22years who played His heart out.

No one asked You to stake what You cannot afford to lose This is becoming irritative please

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 5:41am On Nov 04, 2022
BannedLarge:

Emenike is one striker I respect so much, for Osimehn, he will come good if he continues at this pace and tempo.
Note: Osimehn already has more goals than Emenike but during Emenike's short stint with the SE he scored decisive goals for us. Osimehn has more time to put smiles on our faces.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 8:14am On Nov 04, 2022
zuchyblink:
Emenike is one striker I respect so much, for Osimehn, he will come good if he continues at this pace and tempo.
Note: Osimehn already has more goals than Emenike but during Emenike's short stint with the SE he scored decisive goals for us. Osimehn has more time to put smiles on our faces.

Osimehn has scored more than Emenike (Quantity wise) Quality wise, Emenike still holds that edge in reference to super eagles. He contributed immensely towards winning an ANC, qualified us for the World Cup and even had 2 assist at the World Cup… he earned the right to disapear

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 8:49am On Nov 04, 2022
BannedLarge:

Osimehn has scored more than Emenike (Quantity wise) Quality wise, Emenike still holds that edge in reference to super eagles. He contributed immensely towards winning an ANC, qualified us for the World Cup and even had 2 assist at the World Cup… he earned the right to disapear
Wow!!! we're indeed learning everyday, so some goals are more quality than some. Bravo!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:56am On Nov 04, 2022
Agreed Emenike picked his moment to shine pity he didn't last long but Osimhen still has time God willing to eclipse him

Again if I should go along with your train of thought I would rank Sunday Mba over Iwobi because he delivered in clutch moments that won us the AFCON.

BannedLarge:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:44am On Nov 04, 2022
Costa Rica have released their squad list. They are using the main squad for the friendly. Given pj's friendlies record and the patched up squad we will be using Im praying we don't lose with an embarrassing scoreline.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:53am On Nov 04, 2022
Karlovych:
Noah Atubolu made his Europa league debut in goal for Freiburg against Qarabag
That's a good one there, we need competition for goalies!!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2022
Bayelsa Queens match yesterday. Good football from both sides

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDXXhpAMUro

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
BannedLarge:

Folks here are as emotional as feminists

They only want you to see things in their perspective, not talking about osimehn here but all super eagles players in general.

They tend to forget that this is a tread and not everyone will have same opinion on an issue

Well i always speak my mind you call it hate go fry wood. Express yourself my guy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 5:30pm On Nov 04, 2022
Their are some kids here that can't engage in an argument but constantly result to abuse and et al. This shows how they're brought up though. I think it's high time we have a "remove button" on Nairaland so that those MF can be put to where they belong.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13766) (13767) (13768) (13769) (13770) (13771) (13772) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuks404, shawwal1(m), Amedino99(m), opes and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.