Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,097 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13770) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11654377 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13767) (13768) (13769) (13770) (13771) (13772) (13773) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2022
Poultry business: Salisu's brood-and-sell business continues as he invites 18 local fowls for Costa Rica friendly.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2022
I listened to Jamal Musiala interview on his IG.
He said Germany came calling when he was about to switch to Nigeria.
He is a fan of Giannis (Bucks). He is a Naija boy to the core.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2022
Tessyy1701:
Their are some kids here that can't engage in an argument but constantly result to abuse and et al. This shows how they're brought up though. I think it's high time we have a "remove button" on Nairaland so that those MF can be put to where they belong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2022
zuchyblink:
Poultry business: Salisu's brood-and-sell business continues as he invites 18 local fowls for Costa Rica friendly.

Was it Salisu that made fhe decision to make the game exclusively for home based and fringe players??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2022
fabyom:
I listen to Jamal Musiala interview on his IG.
He said Germany came calling when he was about to switch to Nigeria.
He is a fan of Giannis (Bucks). He is a Naija boy to the core.

Talking about Giannis, do you think he can displace Hakeem Olajuwon as the greatest player of Nigerian origin to play in the NBA??

CC: Bascovanveli, thesupernerd, lovewins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2022
The Dream was an amazing player carried the houston rockets on his back but he had decent support back then. For Giannis however dude is just a freak of nature absolutely gifted and dominant in all aspects of the game and has been almost single handedly carrying the Timberwolves. Hakeem was a defensive stalwart but Giannis is just an all round baller.

Danielnino00:

Talking about Giannis, do you think he can displace Hakeem Olajuwon as the greatest player of Nigerian origin to play in the NBA??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:34pm On Nov 04, 2022
Danielnino00:

Hakeem Olajuwon to me is the greatest foreign player in the history of the NBA. A guy who got drafted over the GOAT himself and till today not one person has complained. Hakeem had a better shot, post game and was equally a great defender but Giannis has the ball in his hands so much he can do things Hakeem never could imagine.

That said if Giannis wins another championship it will definitely give a legitimacy to the claim. A third in the next 5 years and it is undisputed.

For me I would like to see 3 rings before I cosign. Hakeem played in an era where owners could afford to waste years out of superstar players careers. If Hakeem was with competent ownership throughout his career it would definitely have been better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2022
chrisooblog:
The Dream was an amazing player carried the houston rockets on his back but he had decent support back then. For Giannis however dude is just a freak of nature absolutely gifted and dominant in all aspects of the game and has been almost single handedly carrying the Timberwolves. Hakeem was a defensive stalwart but Giannis is just an all round baller.

Hakeem was a beast on the offensive side. He has his own move called the dream shake. He destroyed every big man in his era. Shaq, Patrick Ewing, David Robinson and even Kareem.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2022
Danielnino00:

There's always going to be arguments about who the better player is when it comes to the NBA, and this isn't limited to Giannis and Adejuwon, same exists for Michael Jordan and LeBron James.

I personally think in the absence of well defined metrics, individual conclusions always comes down to biases, the opportunity to have seen either of them play and a couple of other things.

While I wouldn't necessarily take a position , I will however point out an argument some persons posit when the Jordan-LeBron comes up. Some argue that Jordan was a better player among other things, because the level of competition at his time was way stronger than what LeBron had to face. We could apply same to the Giannis-Olajuwon conversation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2022
zuchyblink:
he should have invited iheanacho too. It's not as if that brother does anything rather than warm the bench every match day

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:22pm On Nov 04, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Hakeem Olajuwon to me is the greatest foreign player in the history of the NBA. A guy who got drafted over the GOAT himself and till today not one person has complained. Hakeem had a better shot, post game and was equally a great defender but Giannis has the ball in his hands so much he can do things Hakeem never could imagine.

That said if Giannis wins another championship it will definitely give a legitimacy to the claim. A third in the next 5 years and it is undisputed.

For me I would like to see 3 rings before I cosign. Hakeem played in an era where owners could afford to waste years out of superstar players careers. If Hakeem was with competent ownership throughout his career it would definitely have been better.

I love you basco but you clearly know nothing about the NBA � grin grin grin cheesy

Giannis will never reach Hakeem level
Because Hakeem had god handles which means his ball control is behind to nobody. Till date NBA players pay Hakeem 100k a session to teach them handles and jump shot

While Gianni’s is a freak who just runs and dunk with the ball

If you’re a small guy you can’t do what Gianni’s is doing

What I’m saying is without is size Gianni’s wouldn’t make NBA gleague

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2022
typicalgamer:

I love you basco but you clearly know nothing about the NBA � grin grin grin cheesy

Because Hakeem had god handles which means his ball control is behind to nobody. Till date NBA players pay Hakeem 100k a session to teach them handles and jump shot

You could say Hakeem played in an era where there was enough room for players to invent new or better skills... Today, what we are seeing is mostly an improvement of the already existing skills.. Like Curry bursting into the scene and making the three point shot a big deal in the league..
What's more impressive about Giannis is that he keeps getting better every year... Previously,he was heavily criticized for his lack of strength, he hit the gym and built up muscles..Also criticized for his lack of skills, he is better at that now.. not to mention is improvement on the jump shot...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2022
Amedino99:
he should have invited iheanacho too. It's not as if that brother does anything rather than warm the bench every match day

Guy! cheesy

Maduka should have been invited for the game too... after all he is in the same situation with Iheanacho,if not worse
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rashdimuh(m): 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2022
typicalgamer:

Truth there was a series about basketball focusing on Chicago red bulls and Michael Jordan there was a vid showing Kobe Bryant ( RIP) reaching out to Hakeem d Dream for help
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2022
Paul Onuachu with a brace already in the first half. What a season he's having.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Donmobi(m): 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2022
lovewins:
Can't still understand why Nigerians no rate this guy??
It's crazy!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:08pm On Nov 04, 2022
Donmobi:
Can't still understand why Nigerians no rate this guy?? It's crazy!!
Have you watched him play for the super eagles?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 10:10pm On Nov 04, 2022
Danielnino00:

Was it Salisu that made fhe decision to make the game exclusively for home based and fringe players??
Some shady call ups from the Nigerian side, one is currently without a club, then you have some that are not even in the NPFL. Teams like Water FC, Yum-Yum fc, Box to Box fc.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:15pm On Nov 04, 2022
Karlovych:
Some shady call ups from the Nigerian side, one is currently without a club, then you have some that are not even in the NPFL. Teams like Water FC, Yum-Yum fc, Box to Box fc.

cheesy .. na real poultry business.

However,the NFF provided the avenue for this rubbish... The team B keep churning out poor results which affect the ranking of the team..
Fix the league,they said no... Using the super eagles to market local players won't help the image of the league in the end...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2022
Hat trick Onachu �

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2022
lovewins:

Make that an hat trick

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2022
Donmobi:

Can't still understand why Nigerians no rate this guy??
It's crazy!!

I rate him highly

Na Nigerians wey no Dey watch ball sabi

He is my best naija striker after osimhen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2022
Danielnino00:

Guy! cheesy

Maduka should have been invited for the game too... after all he is in the same situation with Iheanacho,if not worse
I'm sure the new Watford coach won't even notice okoye is not in the squad likewise Rodgers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2022
typicalgamer:

Mehn what in the world are u spewing. Hakeem being paid to teach handles? grin are u kidding me? Don't show ur hand like that abeg. Hakeem teaches post moves and not handles or shooting.

Without his size Hakeem would be a football player so what's ur point Are u saying Shaq would be an NBA point guard at 6'1 Why must Giannis apologise for his own size

Westbrook basically has the same style as Giannis.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2022
Danielnino00:

cheesy .. na real poultry business.

However,the NFF provided the avenue for this rubbish... The team B keep churning out poor results which affect the ranking of the team..
Fix the league,they said no... Using the super eagles to market local players won't help the image of the league in the end...
I would have preferred some fringe players in Europe plus the ones in the NPFL, Water FC and Yum Yum FC don't play in either the first or second division of Nigerian club football so how were those players accessed? If someone labels them as bribe-seeking coaches they will start complaining.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2022
Oshoala vs Onome Ebi and Rita Chikwelu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE1EFYvhWAU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:25pm On Nov 04, 2022
fabyom:
Hat trick Onachu �
this dude is overdue for a transfer!!!. Get a good agent for God sake
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2022
Isaac success with an assist as his side(udinese) draw level against lecce

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2022
Number 4 for Onachu!!!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2022
Donmobi:
Can't still understand why Nigerians no rate this guy?? It's crazy!!

Ever heard of a Joseph Akpala?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2022
Amedino99:
this dude is overdue for a transfer!!!. Get a good agent for God sake
Age not on his side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2022
do4luv14:

Ever heard of a Joseph Akpala?

E no play half of Wetin onuachu play

Go and check his stats and compare to onuachu own ,akpala didn’t even average one goal in every 2 games

(1) (2) (3) ... (13767) (13768) (13769) (13770) (13771) (13772) (13773) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: COOL10(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.