Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,504 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11756173 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13823) (13824) (13825) (13826) (13827) (13828) (13829) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2022
oloriooko:
The struggle over the pk shows the indiscipline within the SE camp where the captain of the team doesn't have a say on the pitch
Pase had to point at his choice for pk but Dennis refused and went ahead to miss the kick
A good team should have it's choice pk player in open play but Dennis showed why he's on the decline in his career

Shows lack of hierarchy and seniority, respect. It's been long we had an outfield player with top leader flair that players succumb to since Mikel, Yobo.

Abysmal showing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2022
minfelix:

24years bawo ...wat about the 4-0 wey Ghana knack us for London 2007
it was 4-1

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Wizzzzmike: 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Even your spirit man knows this won't happen.

And to be honest, everything I explained is true.

Ghana should survive South Korea, Uruguay and Portugal first. No Switzerland 45mins changes approach here.

Time will tell.

And super chickens can beat all of them right? Ur a joke 6 WC nothing to show for so shut the hell up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2022
forgiveness:

Oga! This is not set or monkey post. It's a game of tactics and the Portuguese played to it.

We just assembled players and instructed them go out on the field to play without a plan.

The coach doesn't have a game good plan and from what I noticed, he is soak the pressure and hit on counter attack kind of coach.

The good game plan is in having midfielders.. As long as S.E continues to not call up onyedika, Nwakali, alhassan-yusuf.

Then no matter who the coach is the S.E will always lose or draw.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 10:18pm On Nov 17, 2022
Samueltemi337:
JP won't bottle a 4 goal lead either or lose to CAR grin

You can't say what he has not done...until he wins a 4:0 against a team that can also score 4goals....rohr has scored so many 4goals against crazy football countries, Cameroon,Libya,Argentina,S/Leone, as well as 3goals against mad football countries like SA, Algeria,Cameroon,....with all his he doesn't sub in players ontime oooo, with all his he is too conservative ooo....the problem is una wan force 9ja back to 94 era...e can't work...manage the one that is grinding the result..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2022
Our biggest defeat since Holland 5 vs 1 Nigeria friendly in 1998

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2022
forgiveness:
Some people dey shout Nwakili as if he is Inesta or De Bruyne. cheesy

He won’t do shi shi in today’s game ,super eagles matter don pass personnel,d coach d players don’t av a football philosophy,just garbage in garbage out .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2022
I am not about having him in the game.

I am only for us having the truly best assemblage of midfielders who can operate synchronically with one another whether in off the ball transitions and most especially when on the ball.

That we still parade a midfield that cannot string 5-7 consecutive middle game passes consistently together per sequence of play is TERRIBLE.

What is the need for midfielders when we cannot even comfortably recycle possession and build again? Or when we cannot simply ball play.

So when I talk the midfield, it is not just about Nwakali. It is about a whole set of personnel needed in sync with what we already parade.

AndSunGorilla:

Sir, I am not against an invite for Nwakali tbh, but I believe it is very simplistic to attempt to say that having him in this game or the other midfielders would have effectively changed the results. Anyway, no be me be Coach, it's his responsibility to call up whoever he deems fit, If I jump up and down and shout till forever on this platform, it most likely won't change whoever JP wants to invite and how he wants to set up his team. Anyway, I must respect your strong opinions.
I seriously pray and hope that the guys you mentioned, particularly Nwakali get an invite soon and prove many of his doubters here wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2022
For us, name no dey play ball
For our opponents, na name o

Shows the gap in quality.

Now add that the female team is also in the hands of an ignoramus..... Naija football is doomed. Shege Eagles!!

Ekong just dey captain for nothing. Why Finidi dey disturb Simon when he wan swap jersey with Pepe?

Simon sef.... undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2022
codemaniacs:

The good game plan is in having midfielders.. As long as S.E continues to not call up onyedika, Nwakali, alhassan-yusuf.

Oga knowing JP and his formations, even if he called up any of these 3 players, he could still play with 2 midfielders and I believe we would still have had the same outcome, most likely, he could have just Onyedika and Iwobi, same thing he would do. Before we start talking personnel, it's important we address our shape too and formation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2022
elyte89:

He won’t do shi shi in today’s game ,super eagles matter don pass personnel,d coach d players don’t av a football philosophy,just garbage in garbage out .

The game pass hin level by faaaaaaar. Plus these guys balled with the proper motivation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2022
codemaniacs:

Why wasn't this midfield trio combo tried against Costa Rica in the friendly?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2022
There were periods in that first half where Aribo dropped off into the middle and Iwobi went forward to press alongside Moffi.

And it was only one true time, Aribo initiated an attack from deep which led to his 1-2 with Iwobi and Aribo's blocked shot at goal.

Let us not overflog this matter. We just didn't get it going in the middle.

forgiveness:

Iwobi played deep while Aribo was upfront pressing at same time supporting the striker.

When he was not getting enough ball he drifted deep into our half and tried to initiate attack. That led to that 1 2 to pointed out in your post.

This is largely Pasero's tactics and not able having a 3 midfielders. Tactically speaking, 2 played upfront leaving two in the middle.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ABIODUN105(m): 10:23pm On Nov 17, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

And stay stagnant for five years, and lead 4-0 and throw away the lead. Seems you people have forgotten Rohr so fast.
If you too have forgotten let me remind you.

Before Genort Rohr came on board in 2016 Super Eagles could not qualified for two nations cup back to back

Super eagles is ranked 69th in the world.

Super eagles is on the verge of going back to that era

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 10:23pm On Nov 17, 2022
damagnificentusb:

Bu..... but, I thought oyenka,ndidi,aribo, iwobi and etebo are our best midfielders. Infact they are the best midfielders in Africa.

And lemme add that Nwakali is not needed we have a "press resistant" midfield maestro like Bonke

The contest of my post then was in response to the disrespect to Onyeka. Onyeka is needed same as Nwakali.
I have always recognized Nwakali's talent in my previous posts. Nwakali can help Iwobi cos he can play AM too. They are both Nigerians!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:23pm On Nov 17, 2022
Woh, no time for all these permutations of "he for call this or that or those" abeg.

Na still chop dem go chop regardless embarassed angry

Even if KDB come join them, na 4 dem go chop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
Just go back to your apartment up Pinnick's ass. I know that's where you have been hiding since his departure from the NFF. grin

Subzero047:

I was actually commending you on your remarkable prediction, Nobody saw a Nigeria loss coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Friday03: 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
mostob:
If this Onyeka is the one tagged brainless by our super analyst here....like the same one wey dey play with brawn, e better make the guy remain brainless o

Iwobi was great today as usual...
Aribo needs to sit down and figure out his beat position...
Etebo is still needed in that team...
Dennis should find another country. We no want am again..
Bright was so bright today. He conceded a penalty and did well to redeem himself by winning a penalty but one otukpo f**l messed it up...
Some nice passes and distribution from Uzoho...
Akpors na minus. It's better we kukuma continue with our Ndah, Valentine, Ajayi and Awaziem...
What is wrong with Ndidi?

You see that Ndidi question..its beyond just Q & A session, Man was practically lost for the whole 45 mins..if he continues this way, I fear he might have lost his place to Frank Onyeka.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
I heard our legend, Finidi George was dragging Pepe's jersey with Moses Simon

Chai cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I am only for us having the truly best assemblage of midfielders who can operate synchronically with one other whether in off the ball transitions and most especially when on the ball.

That we still parade a midfield that cannot string 5-7 consecutive middle game passes consistently together per sequence of play is TERRIBLE.

What is the need for midfielders when we cannot even comfortably recycle possession and build again? Or when we cannot simply ball play.

So when I talk the midfield, it is not just about Nwakali. It is about a whole set of personnel needed in sync with what we already parade.

Now since the coach is responsible for the invitations and then the formation. Then the real crusade is that the coach should go!!! You and I are not responsible for who gets called up. It is the job of the coach to identify the right players first to play according to his philosophy and then set up the team properly based on the opposition and the players he chose, abi?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2022
Bro, you have me all wrong.

Not even us can beat those guys in your group. We are terrible. Aiit. Terrible.

But thing is, una go still come house after first round shaa. Good luck. grin

Wizzzzmike:

And super chickens can beat all of them right? Ur a joke 6 WC nothing to show for so shut the hell up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2022
Peseiro is trying, but I think GR understands Nigeria better.... This defeat is too humiliating, So sad right now.

As for Dennis, we don't need his arongance and him magba magba spirit in the team. He should getat!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:26pm On Nov 17, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Oga knowing JP and his formations, even if he called up any of these 3 players, he could still play with 2 midfielders and I believe we would still have had the same outcome, most likely, he could have just Onyedika and Iwobi, same thing he would do. Before we start talking personnel, it's important we address our shape too and formation.

We've been playing with 2 midfielders long before JP so it may not be his formation and same way I didn't expect Dennis to be called up due to his arrogant attitude...

We can't address our shape and formation due to corruption in how players are called up..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2022
Subzero047:

Chukwueze has been disgraceful for the SE since the Afcon, decent cameo won't cut it

Chukwueze is class ahead of Moses Simon and Ademola Lookman as things stands. When i saw the lineup, I guessed what the tactics might be and pondered why Lookman will start ahead of Chukwueze that is if we go 4-3-3.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
ABIODUN105:
If you too have forgotten let me remind you.

Before Genort Rohr came on board in 2016 Super Eagles could not qualified for two nations cup back to back

Super eagles is ranked 69th in the world

Bro wetin dey vex me na wen they say he bottle 4-0 lead and he lost to CAR ..all these scenarios never stopped us from topping our various groups nor qualifying for major tournaments....we dey top group wella, even with game to spare ..the CAR we go there house go hammer their life.... The fact is there will always be upset in football...no b congo com here com beat us for Keshi era?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
A blessing in disguise it is indeed meant to be but I doubt it.

From Rohrbish football (2020-2021 period) to Eguavoen's monotonous football and now to JPes' crap. Chaaaiiiiii..... have we truly learnt my dear Philosopher?

We always seem to just realise a mistake and dig deeper into worse mistakes. It is tiring.

Philosopher1979:

This loss is a blessing in disguise. We will learn our lessons from this. To me it is good. It is better we learn now and grow

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I am only for us having the truly best assemblage of midfielders who can operate synchronically with one another whether in off the ball transitions and most especially when on the ball.

Sir how was Onyeka's performance today? I have seen you speak highly of Iwobi already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2022
Daninya33:

Why wasn't this midfield trio combo tried against Costa Rica in the friendly?

The team that played against Costa Rica was home based.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:35pm On Nov 17, 2022
Onyeka was a better performer today than Aribo. No caps.

Infact I am almost tempted to say he even did better than Ndidi. But that can be debated.

His passing was decent although most of them in the defensive half and were back/sideway passes but he lost all his duels and that wasn't pleasing at all.

In all, he was calmer in the middle and he made more passes into the final third than Ndidi and Aribo combined all game. Shocking!

Onyeka is surely one of the midfielders I consider as an option when talking midfield options for the Super Eagles but not as a starter.

AndSunGorilla:

Sir how was Onyeka's performance today? I have seen you speak highly of Iwobi already.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
Samueltemi337:
All these ones calling Rohr sef

which Rohr

Rohr that couldn't beat CAR or Cape Verde
What happened in return legs against those two teams...e no still show them shege?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
minfelix:
...bro plss let's stop all these check all rohr top notch friendlies against non African teams
Serbia 2-0 Nigeria
England 2-1 Nigeria
Poland 0-1 Nigeria
Brazil 1-1 Nigeria
Ukraine 2-2 Nigeria
Argentina 2-4 Nigeria
The man really kept us closely competitive against world class team with either decent loses or dogded draws or resilient wins....He saved us some blushes against top rated teams....trophy was his major fault

Gernot Rohr had Mikel, Onazi, Etebo in midfield. Mikel left, Onazi battled injuries.
Our games saw it's gravest decline when Etebo is either not in the squad or is not starting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13823) (13824) (13825) (13826) (13827) (13828) (13829) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.