Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13844) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11700962 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13841) (13842) (13843) (13844) (13845) (13846) (13847) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Senegal will win this game. This Dutch team is too average to my liking

Imagine jensen starting for Holland? cheesy
Jensen and Blind.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2022
Senegal can beat this under average Dutch team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2022
on paper.. on paper.. on paper..

paper no dey win matches.. play better ball

modified
Nigeria as a team is rubbish

fabyom:
If Holland has Oshimen Senegal would be 3 nil down at this moment. Respect the Super Eagles! Aside Koulibally and Mendy none of their starting 11 will make our first 11.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2022
fabyom:
Who told you our players stepped up to play? Portugal needed the match more and it's just a friendly match. This Dutch team is average. Has just one or two top class players. Hyping them cos of past glory. Rest the overhype, sir!

Let me wash my eyes, ok sir, where did I hype the dutch in my response sir. I think you are the one guilty of any type of hype sir grin. I put it to you respectfully that you said a team which didn't even make the SFs of the ANC is better than the eventual champions and a team which failed to qualify for the WC playing against a team arguably at its weakest point in decades as at that time. Regrettably, the SE is not at the WC and are therefore not even listed on the ballots or witness stand, so in conclusion, what's your favorite brand of coffee, just prepping for when you wake up so you can smell it. grin
Modified
That we lost out against a covid ravaged Tunisia in the QFs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:09pm On Nov 21, 2022
Joebie:

modified

Okay! I know you are still pained cos we are not at the world cup. Chill man, it happens.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Let me wash my eyes, ok sir, where did I hype the dutch in my response sir. I think you are the one guilty of any type of hype sir grin. I put it to you respectfully that you said a team which didn't even make the QFs of the ANC is better than the eventual champions and a team which failed to qualify for the WC playing against a team arguably at its weakest point in decades as at that time. Regrettably, the SE is not at the WC and are therefore not even listed on the ballots or witness stand, so in conclusion, what's your favorite brand of coffee, just prepping for when you wake up so you can smell it. grin
You are the best team doesn't mean you will win the cup. Without Mane the Senegalese won't even qualify from their group at AFCON. We narrowly lost to Tunisia playing with 10 men for 40 minutes without Oshimen. Rest OG.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Senagal high press more European than African.

Matching up to the Dutch pound for pound.

Senegal have the players and the capacity to beat Holland but are playing too cautiously if you ask me.

A lack of invention and belief, there is no spark in any of the teams.

Everybody is playing scared.

Boring so far, nobody wants to make a mistake.

He who dares WINS.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
[center]MY TAKE ON THE RECENT LGBT DISCOURSE/DEBATE
[/center]

One thing I do not like about gay advocacy by some Western governments and corporations is the partisan nature and the unnecessary importance attached to it. I don't believe that personal matters should become overly prioritized by governments to the extent that security and crime, poverty and economy, and issues regarding the quality of social and public life become secondary considerations. At most, governments should play a more diplomatic role by ensuring that the rights of gay and religious people are equally fought. For example, anti-gay laws are not the only issue in Qatar. Christians and other religious people face discrimination and imprisonment as well, but little emphasis has been made on it. The same goes for right-wing governments who have made it a priority to attack anything the left supports. Truth is that advocacy should be accompanied by reason and diplomacy. Qatar was never going to change their rules and there is the risk of dividing the World cup along political lines.

However, this is not to say that I am against gay rights and equal marriage rights. No one at all should be made to live a miserable life to please a government or "tradition". I will only support any anti-gay laws if it is established that there is not a single gay person in Qatar. Governments exist for humans. Humans do not exist for the government but the government for humans. As long as a practice does not infringe on the rights and existence of others, no government has the right to subjugate any minority in order to promote a certain definition of "right", "morality" or "national identity". We are all species before citizens.

This has nothing to do with whether I like homosexual practices or not, but my nature is fairness and equity even with people I don't agree with. Whether you like gay people or not, stop imposing punishments and subjugation on them. I find it funny when religious people try to use nature and science to argue against gay people. The same nature and science that has discredited more than half of the events in the scriptures. Another one was comparing gay people to pedophiles. Gay sex is consensual while child sex practices take advantage of a child's vulnerability and inadequate sexual/mental development.

And lastly, y'all should stop blasting gay people as mentally deranged and stupid or with other derogatory names. You are not better than them, and you don't have any right to insult people doing what is frankly not your business. You guys should learn to mind your business FGS. I've never seen gay people gather to insult others. Some say gay people are forcing those practices on them.TBH I have seen many religious people forcing gay people into more "traditional" practices, but I have never seen gay people force someone to become gay. I have seen gay parties attacked and people killed but have never seen any straight parties attacked.

Who exactly is the tormentor? The fundamental Christians who keep talking about a fictional "LGBT agenda" are still the ones looking for how to impose religious revival and practice of Christian nationalism on everyone in their countries. Fundamental Christians do not even believe in the separation of church and state. Diversity is alien to religious fundamentalists. They enforce uniformity by nature. You either buy their narrative or you go to hell. Literally that's what they say.

Please note that my statement is not based on morality or even scientific facts but on common sense. I don't want to define morality for anyone here. Stop defining morality for others. The same Nigerians that have institutionalized corruption, malpractice and tribalism will jump out to preach morality whenever gay people are mentioned. Is that not stupidity?

Biri ka'mbiri. Live and let live. Be matured, diplomatic and stop obsessing over gay people.

What is your take on bestiality.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
How can I stream this match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
This is one of the best Senegalese match so far, their midfield trio of Kreppin, Mendy and Gana are having a good game!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
Curtisaxel10:
How can I stream this match?
Hesgoal.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
First yellow of the game.

Ismaila Sarr is a top player on his day .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
komekn:

Senegal have the players and the capacity to beat Holland but are playing too cautiously if you ask me.

He who dares WINS.
That's Senegal's style. Solid in the middle and at the back, they don't score loads of goals yes Cisse is an ANC winner but I personally feel that he is holding the team down with his conservative approach.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

That's Senegal's style. Solid in the middle and at the back, they don't score loads of goals yes Cisse is an ANC winner but I personally feel that he is holding the team down with his conservative approach.

Agreed without question

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2022
Meliforme:

What is your take on bestiality.

The homosexuality lobby presents an argument for it's justification that if some animals do it it is therefore natural to be a homosexual.

If humans who are biological animals then it should be natural for humans and by implication to embrace bestiality as natural.

As for me it's disgusting depraved reprobate debased dysfunctional perversion madness .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2022
Meanwhile Senegal are playing too cautiously like Europeans. It's better to go down fighting than go down without a single punch against your opponent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
Frankie De jong is overrated
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2022
You did not qualify for the world cup and you are still playing friendlies like you have no ambition.

fabyom:
Okay! I know you are still pained cos we are not at the world cup. Chill man, it happens.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2022
I like the Bamba Diang guy about to come on. Good shot by Senegal before then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2022
Chai, Senegal with 2 injuries. Not good at all.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2022
Charley, abi na Chucky, Jackson don enter o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:36pm On Nov 21, 2022
One two ODEeee!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:37pm On Nov 21, 2022
Senegal attack these guys abegg!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
Senegal have no finishing without Mane. He is sorely missed here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
Joebie:

modified

Thanks bro for the correction

Them don start with their nonsense hype

It's like some of us are addicted to pain and disappointment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2022
Joebie:
You did not qualify for the world cup and you are still playing friendlies like you have no ambition.

We beat Sierra Leone and destroyed Sao tome. Those are the games that matters for now. Rest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Oga no need for all these comparison. SE is not playing, Senegal is the one playing. Enjoy the game sir and what does it profit the Side better than Senegal but are not at the WC and got flogged recently 4-0 (it is even debatable that the goal margin could even have been more had it been that Portugal didn't step off on the gas).

So, let's leave SE for now
chai. embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2022
komekn:

He who dares WINS.

they are missing Mane
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Frankie De jong is overrated
I don’t think so sir, that guy is so good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
Sarr ballerrrr!! Weldone Senegal. Africa is proud. However, the Super Eagles would have done better. 2026 we winning that cup!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:45pm On Nov 21, 2022
Ladies and gentlemen.

This is what happens when you don't take your chances.

I'm sorry to my Senegal bredas
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:46pm On Nov 21, 2022
fabyom:
Sarr ballerrrr!! Weldone Senegal. Africa is proud. However, the Super Eagles would have done better. 2026 we winning that cup!!
Yes o, if we qualify

(1) (2) (3) ... (13841) (13842) (13843) (13844) (13845) (13846) (13847) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Vodkka(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.