Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,746 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11686425 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13843) (13844) (13845) (13846) (13847) (13848) (13849) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2022
From the first half I could already see the Dutch were slightly vulnerable.

Don't like dealing in what ifs but maybe Mane would have punished the Netherland's defense with his strength and pace.

charlesemeka85:
cisse is too conservative

How on earth will he deploy 3 defensive minded midfielders in the game? Where creativity wan come from when he has no ball playing midfielder in his team?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
Blueelf:
I am tempted to think African football is under some curse

I really can't deal men.....
well I’ve recently come to the conclusion that white is just generally better than blacks in all things. undecided I don’t want to talk too much jare.

Make I Dey support my Brazil(Neymar) jeje
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
fabyom:
Man for man only few team in the world has the calibre of out attacking strength. We need to get our midfield combination right to help our attack. Our major problem is CB and goalkeeping.
Had it been we had solid goalkeepers we would have won the AFCON and qualify for the world cup. The goalkeepers cost us.

attack that finds it difficult to score from open play shocked shocked shocked

S.E is not playing to their attacking strength... why play Moses Simon and Chukwueze when you have Moffi, Osihmen, Onuachu, Lookman, Victor Boniface, Yira sor e.t.c
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
Ppogbae:
Thus group is still competitive in my opinion. Ecuador can beat the Dutch
And Qatar can beat Senegal

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Funny thing is, at 88 min mark, Senegal will likely be losing.
This guy!!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
I’m not even surprised, instead I’m just vexed angry why can’t Senegal just win this game??

Who send me message watch this 2nd half self??.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
Samueltemi337:
And Qatar can beat Senegal

I don't think so. The gulf in attacking quality is too wide between both nations. Based on their 1st match, Qatar will have to move mountains to beat Senegal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
Starboytwo:
well I’ve recently come to the conclusion that white is just generally better than blacks in all things. undecided I don’t want to talk too much jare.

I don't really blame anyone who reason like this even though not completely true

I mean just look around us...

Chai....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2022
Blueelf:

As a team, we are below average

Unarguable
I like the first phrase
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2022
Ppogbae:
Thus group is still competitive in my opinion. Ecuador can beat the Dutch
that match will be HoT. Can Senegal beat Ecuador
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
Blueelf:

Starboytwo:

Chance creation is what most African teams don't work on and practice... they just assemble footballers and expect magic to happen..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2022
Starboytwo:
I can’t trust any African team.

Sorry.

They always disappoint. Even naija
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:19pm On Nov 21, 2022
Omo see the African team wey person wan support. Shey if Dem no see mane Dem no fit perform ni. Well bonus point dey against qatar
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2022
Blueelf:

I don't really blame anyone who reason like this even though not completely true

I mean just look around us...

Chai....

omo blame me, I don’t care. It’s the truth. These guys, maybe their ancestors truly are aliens who came from Gods know where?

I mean, look around.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
Meliforme:

What is your take on bestiality.
Interesting question. Before I answer, I'll first want to let you understand that my earlier writeup does not necessarily speak of my personal view of gay people/practice but rather, what I believe is the proper public and state approach with respect to human rights and democratic freedoms.

Secondly, there is some conception that those who support gay rights are degenerates who have a "demonic agenda" to destroy society. Or closeted gay people who are hiding. First of all, I'M NOT GAY and If I came across homosexual practices i would naturally be disgusted. I have zero romantic interest in any guy. Ninety percent of people who support gay rights in western countries have no interest in being gay. We are just more concerned about the quality of life and happiness for minority groups and making the world more livable for everyone. That's why you notice that liberal government support for gay rights usually goes along with stuff like, Conservationism, Green energy, Wildlife protection, Climate protection, democracy, refugee aids and so on.

Now coming to your question. My take on bestiality is generally negative. Both personally and legally. I'll elaborate on the latter. Bestiality follows almost the same logic as Pedophilia. Even worse not just because the animal is less intelligent and easily coerced into performing sex acts but also because animals do not on their own ask humans for sex. They are usually trained into it by humans who want to use the animal for sex. This is arguably animal abuse. That's if a logical counterargument even exists at all. Animals are less intelligent and can be deceived into anything. Secondly almost all animals do not have casual sex. and have sexual practices different from us. Lastly there is no evidence to prove that animals find humans sexually attractive. It is likely the other way round.

Additionally, note that the most liberal governments generally take a strong stand against bestiality and pedophilia. So support for gay rights does not equate to support for all manner of sexual ambitions by randy people. This is important to note please.

Alright let's get back to the world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:22pm On Nov 21, 2022
fabyom:
Man for man only few teams in the world have the calibre of our attacking strength. We need to get our midfield combination right to help our attack. Our major problem is CB and goalkeeping.
Had it been we had solid goalkeepers we would have won the AFCON and qualify for the world cup. The goalkeepers cost us.
You need to temper this your take with some healthy dose of realism. Our team is full of average players. One or two bright sparks but the bunch is average. Underperforming average players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2022
Joebie:
Thanks for the advice my bro
I believe I didn't disrespect you in my post. How does supporting one's National team makes one an enemy? I was expecting better from you. Don't get in the mud with a pig!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
I think we misuse the term AVERAGE alot on this thread, most of our players are below average,very few are average why just one is presently above average

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
Can't see why people rate Iran to be honest. Those guys have never gone past the group stage in five attempts. Their own goal is just to come, park the bus and go back home after 3 matches.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
Mujtahida:

They always disappoint. Even naija
I been just borrow dem small support, as I dey see review for here, I say make I watch 2nd half. At all at all draw, but my mind was telling me Holland will score?? I was wondering how, cuz Holland was not playing anything. Last 10 minutes, the superior whiteness will always trump the inferior blackness.

It’s even a Ghana boy who scored. Mtcheeew, I for just Dey my lane.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2022
Toylove:
I think we misuse the term AVERAGE alot on this thread, most of our players are below average,very few are average why just one is presently above average

im guessing Osihmen lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2022
Toylove:

Our players are not below average... They are poorly coached..

Coaching is what's important.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2022
I've not been following if you both have issues on here.
I just took his advise not further engage in this issue specifically.

fabyom:
I believe I didn't disrespect you in my post. How does supporting one's National team makes one an enemy? I was expecting better from you. Don't get in the mud with a pig!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2022
Mujtahida:

You need to temper this your take with some healthy dose of realism. Our team is full of average players. One or two bright sparks but the bunch is average. Underperforming average players
I am talking in terms of the events that occurred during those competitions. If the qualities in our attack are average which team, then in Africa has better forward line. I believe my post is self explanatory. We have the tools in attack but the combinations to make it work are missing. Nevertheless we still have a team that could go toe to toe with any other team on the continent man for man, getting the combination right is the key.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2022
codemaniacs:

Our players are not below average... They are poorly coached..

Coaching is what's important.
Bro, you mean akpoguma, awaziem , ekong etc are not below average ?
Issokay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2022
Starboytwo:
[/b]

im guessing Osihmen lol
Before nkur..
No super eagles player is on his level
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2022
Joebie:
I've not been following if you both have issues on here.
I just took his advise not further engage in this issue specifically.

I was the one that stopped the engagement, Mr man. You know what you doing and I see it. Keep the trophy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2022
Mujtahida:

This guy!!!!
African teams generally suffer a problem and it is not talent. We find it very difficult morphing as a team to deliver results collectively especially in WC finals. Both age grade and senior. Almost all the time, something must go wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
Toylove:

Bro, you mean akpoguma, awaziem , ekong etc are not below average ?
Issokay

Sanusi bassey/Ndidi ajayi aina are my starters.
While bassey ekong akpoguma awaziem osayi ebuehi are subs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2022
Meliforme:

Homosexuality, pedophilia and bestialty have a common denominator which is abuse.
Abuse from a legal context is interpersonal. If I and my girlfriend decided to eat from our shoes, no one would think of sending us to jail over it. No matter how stupid it sounds.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2022
Blueelf:

no curse, employ good coaches with wonderful administrators and planning it’s not hard at all

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Vyolet(f): 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2022
Senegal cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (13843) (13844) (13845) (13846) (13847) (13848) (13849) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zicky(m), lordofstrings and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.