Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,202 members, 7,818,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11685286 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13953) (13954) (13955) (13956) (13957) (13958) (13959) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2022
Philosopher1979:

Yes! They are too blind to see. I repeat that Europeans are not infallible in their judgement. In midfield he is better than Aribi. I can say it in front of Wenger, Maurinho or whoever.
We are a footballing country and we have knowledge of our players. No Jupiter can tell me otherwise about Nwakali
hmmm!!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2022
You'll trade an AFCON title for a team that has only one CHAN title to its name in almost 50 years?

SE is currently poor yes we agree but all this inferiority complex hyping other teams above ours is really amusing. Cameroon, Senegal and Ghana got to the quarterfinals in past world cups heaven didn't collapse but we should now commit harakiri because Morocco has achieved what others have done before make una dey calm down.

typicalgamer:

Baba you better chill and appreciate god thing when you see it

I’d trade our last decade of our soccer history for what they’ve done right now even though they didn’t advance past the next stage

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Amrabat appreciation
The guy na baller. Make Arsenal sign am.
Na one Danilo Dem wan sign. The day I watched his highlight, fear catch me. How can a DM be doing Cryuff turn and rabona in front of his box? no be me Dem go give BP.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 12:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
Philosopher1979:

Yes! They are too blind to see. I repeat that Europeans are not infallible in their judgement. In midfield he is better than Aribi. I can say it in front of Wenger, Maurinho or whoever.
We are a footballing country and we have knowledge of our players. No Jupiter can tell me otherwise about Nwakali.
Europeans have to explain to us why he is not good enough. They are ridiculous. We Africans should not let Europeans confuse us. He is better than onyeka as a passer
this is way above normal bruh,calm down... There are black scouts in Europe too and what you just said is insinuating that only blacks from Africa can see the potential in Nwakali?? . Haba no b so na.. I love Nwakali probably more than you do I think he's great and has great potentials, but he hasn't lived up to that expectations and standard...

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2022
Satire in its purest form!

Spain can take the ball home.

Morroco has done the needful...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2022
mostob:
The guy na baller. Make Arsenal sign am.
Na one Danilo Dem wan sign. The day I watched his highlight, fear catch me. How can a DM be doing Cryuff turn and rabona in front of his box? no be me Dem go give BP.
Which danilo ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2022
AIG07:

"They can take the ball home, I will take the three points"

Mourinho ehn cheesy grin cheesy

Honestly,this generation of Spanish players aren't suited for the kind of tiki taka they play.......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I will not even think it. It has to be an excellent keeper with his feet. Keeping the ball is the key to success. If you can keep your possession high, you will get less shots on your post and require less saves. However, your keeper will need to use his fit for a higher ratio of the time.

Wow!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
every one mustn’t be a xavi or pirlo in midfield.

Until ndidi takes on the whole of the oppositions midfielders, dance off the defenders and and curl in a world class goal u all will never rate him cheesy

How about Amrabat and Rodri, I liked that you mentioned Amrabat. What about Kante, Casemiro even Fabinho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
the time you all understand that ndidi is an out and out dm/destroyer is the time you stop expecting defense splitting passes or magic from him

Ndidi is a destroyer who shields the back four as well as cover a lot of grounds. He is no deep lying playmaker for Christ sake

He does what he is good at perfectly well for the national team which is screen the back four which is his primary responsibility on the pitch

No be the same ball playing ability wey gavi,pedri and busquet get na wey amrabat collect midfield from their hand? cheesy
And how is Amrabat's ball playing skills?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2022
ChrisKels:

No be you dey here dey celebrate Amrabat a while ago? Watchu calling Pedri, Gavi and Busquets for? You think the midfield of Morocco would have been as good if Amrabat was all about tackles and interceptions? grin grin grin
Exactly, even Fabinho for all his tackling and interceptions too still has decent enough ball playing ability. If keepers and CBs are being expected to have good footwork how much more a DM?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
AIG07:

I see it as a complement to Morocco honestly. Of course they wanted to hurt Morocco but the Moroccans almost sealed off the whole pitch. And at the end, football is a game of chances taken, we all won't be mocking them if Sarabia's shot had gone in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 1:57pm On Dec 07, 2022

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
chrisooblog:
You'll trade an AFCON title for a team that has only one CHAN title to its name in almost 50 years?

SE is currently poor yes we agree but all this inferiority complex hyping other teams above ours is really amusing. Cameroon, Senegal and Ghana got to the quarterfinals in past world cups heaven didn't collapse but we should now commit harakiri because Morocco has achieved what others have done before make una dey calm down.

You’re the one who has an inferior mentality.

Stop talking about history man, see what’s in front of you right now.

Notice how teams hate having their black players participating in afcon? But there’s no comment when it’s a World Cup.

Think for yourself man when last did super eagles went far in this grand stage.

Just relax and take an L

Super eagles are to Africa as Usa is to North America

All hype nothing more.

At least Usa is starting to pick up pace I’m recent years what has super eagles achieve aside from 2015

See truth talk na

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
Uncle thegoodjoe angry grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2022
chrisooblog:

if osimehn scored hat trick in a World Cup like Ramos did yesterday

And if he scored same hat trick at afcon

Which would boost up his market value ??

So use your head and get sense afcon holds no water, top 5 teams will have double mind signing a top performer at afcon, as opposed to World Cup.

I repeat stop thinking about your glory days it’ll only hold you back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
Ppogbae:
They see themselves more as Arabs than as Africans. Just reminded us again.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Wenger and Pellegrini are heavy possession coaches. And yes, we played brilliant possession football under Pellegrini.
Good. Now let me make my point. I like possession football, free flowing football with flair and color. What I do not fancy is tiki taka even though it is a variant of possession football. Gerrit?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
Philosopher1979:

We are a footballing country and we have knowledge of our players. No Jupiter can tell me otherwise about Nwakali
Is Nigeria a footballing country?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2022
Mujtahida:

Good. Now let me make my point. I like possession football, free flowing football with flair and color. What I do not fancy is tiki taka even though it is a variant of possession football. Gerrit?
Make I do like Charlee smiley, that's all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
Odunayaw:
Anyone who doesn't rate Ndidi is an unrealistic SE fan.

The blame rests solely on our Coaches and their demonic midfield combinations

If Ndidi was from another country, he'd be celebrated and his type would have been wished for in SE
The bolded is true. It is also true that he's hardly impressed in the GWG except during the last Afcon. He was superb
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2022
typicalgamer:

So use your head and get sense afcon holds no water, top 5 teams will have double mind signing a top performer at afcon, as opposed to World Cup.

the world cup is the pinnacle of football in the world . Of course you would get more recognition playing in the world cup than afcon or any other continental tournament infact. But then a wc quarterfinal place is not that high in prestige that would warrant a trade off with an afcon trophy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2022
Mujtahida:

Is Nigeria a footballing country?

Yes we are a footballing country with a strong footballing culture. We have to respect that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:54pm On Dec 07, 2022
Getting to world cup quarterfinal is not a trophy. Winning a tournament gives you clout. Unless Morocco wins this world cup if they don't win subsequent afcons their generation will be respected but not honored because they didn't win jack.

Turkey that finished 3rd in the 2002 world cup can you name any player from that squad? No be only market value na stock market rate E'too has never progressed beyond group stage in World Cup for Cameroon yet he's globally rated even ahead of Roger Milla.

typicalgamer:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2022
In the house for my first ever Women’s league match.

Ibom Angels vs Abia Angels

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 4:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

I see it as a complement to Morocco honestly. Of course they wanted to hurt Morocco but the Moroccans almost sealed off the whole pitch. And at the end, football is a game of chances taken, we all won't be mocking them if Sarabia's shot had gone in.
they both played annoying football. The Spaniards starved the Moroccans the ball which led to them exchanging more than 1000 passes with each other. The morrocans also starved the Spanish the sight of goal with a park the bus performance Mourinho would be proud of. At the end it was down to penalty and penalty kicks does not care if you dropped a 10/10 performance. And just like always the victors always shape the story.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 4:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
Ppogbae:
they always see themselves as Arabs first before anything else. No surprise here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:18pm On Dec 07, 2022
Toylove:
Uncle thegoodjoe angry grin

We are talking of Spain here. They have won a lot and lost by penalties. Spain will be alright.

By the way, Spain put 7 past Costa Rica.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
chrisooblog:
Getting to world cup quarterfinal is not a trophy. Winning a tournament gives you clout. Unless Morocco wins this world cup if they don't win subsequent afcons their generation will be respected but not honored because they didn't win jack.

Turkey that finished 3rd in the 2002 world cup can you name any player from that squad? No be only market value na stock market rate E'too has never progressed beyond group stage in World Cup for Cameroon yet he's globally rated even ahead of Roger Milla.

Do you want to be begging in the streets after your career end and say yeah back in the day i won afcon !

Why are they playing so hard if it’s not for their personal stock and value ??

No sell your market first time go pass you by.

This Moroccan team has gotten more exposure than our 2018 super Eagles ever did.

When last did we talk about amrabat here ??

If we’re talking about him now imagine what other scouts are doing right now

So no fool yourself perform on the big stage and your stock will skyrocket.

No be to beat people 10-0 with nothing further to show for it.

One fool here say in a World Cup scenario Nigeria wouldn’t lose to Portugal lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
mostob:
Arsenal doesn't play Spain's kind of tiki taka. The key word here is purpose
Spain lack purpose with their own variant of tikitaka unlike Arsenal and City.

Spain put 7 past Costa Rica. 3 past Jordan, 5 past Iceland, all this year and you say they lack purpose. Na wa. I hope you know it is Enrique we are talking about. The man famed for the Taka system.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2022
Odunayaw:
You de find wetin no lost

Kepa and his feet had to make way for a proper GK. Mendy pulled Chelsea through to the UCL title because of saves and not passes

Nobody gives a hoot about the feet of a keeper over his hands except Pep and proselytes

I thought you were the one who posted Buffon's quote? Buffon is telling you in the modern era, feet are more respected and you are still arguing what you read in black and white.

As I said, this is a debate of six years ago. Anyone that has been following football actively all these years will not debate that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2022
typicalgamer:

You’re the one who has an inferior mentality.

Stop talking about history man, see what’s in front of you right now.

Notice how teams hate having their black players participating in afcon? But there’s no comment when it’s a World Cup.

Think for yourself man when last did super eagles went far in this grand stage.

Just relax and take an L

Super eagles are to Africa as Usa is to North America

All hype nothing more.

At least Usa is starting to pick up pace I’m recent years what has super eagles achieve aside from 2015

See truth talk na

I am beginning to think that some are under some sort of influence

Even if truth stares them in the face, they'll still object

Their overrated Super Eagles may not even defeat Qatar in a competitive game. In fact there is not team that was at the World cup that the Super Eagles can match. I said it

(1) (2) (3) ... (13953) (13954) (13955) (13956) (13957) (13958) (13959) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, forgiveness, comodo, Silentgroper(m), chrisooblog, Blueelf, Meliforme and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.