Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,748 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:04 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13958) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12451195 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13955) (13956) (13957) (13958) (13959) (13960) (13961) ... (16687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2022
typicalgamer:

We’re a football loving country oga

We’re not a footballing or sporting country

Because if we are, the facilities would speak for itself are we clear ?

At least we have a stry footballing history. Also football is played everywhere on the streets in Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2022
cheesy kessie wan leave them run
Blueelf:

Barca problem fit be money

They may not be as financially buoyant as fans think

But then again, they may be too sentimental and prefer their academy boys of 1000 passes and no end product grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2022
Philosopher1979:

At least we have a stry footballing history. Also football is played everywhere on the streets in Nigeria.

Football is played everyday within every streets all over the world.

So forget that talk, if that’s the case all countries are footballing countries then na. Nigeria is not a football or sporting country simple as abc.

It’s like saying usa is a footballing like wtf lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:07pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blueelf:

Very backwards

Very

Over 5 years since carl ikeme and we haven't even got 1 solid GK not to talk of 3

Over 10 years since Okocha and Kanu yet can't boast of 1 complete creative midfielder

Over 13 yrs since Finidi and we can't get a solid winger with solid end-product

Let one CHuks score 1 goal in 15 games and watch how this thread will go bunkers

We like to celebrate mediocrity
You are correct bros, but you can choose not to continually get irritated with the celebration of mediocrity here. You don't have to read the comments here now. Yes we have problems as a nation but we can't wallow in self pity all day long. Said another way, what is your main objective on this thread, as you dey play tiki taka with the stories of woe.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

You are correct bros, but you uh can choose not to continually get irritated with the celebration of mediocrity here. You don't have to read the comments here now. Yes we have problems as a nation but we can't wallow in self pity all day long. Said another way, what is your main objective on this thread? As you dey play tiki taka with the stories of woe.

I just wrote a lengthy take

Read it patiently with your white hair
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:
When he's most times on the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blueelf:

I hate you with my entire life you be savage my guy grin grin grin

Read with your white hair

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blueelf:

We get you sir. Whatever you have written now, you have written times without number, nothing new man from the usual. I pray you live long enough to get white hairs too.
Btw, complaining without preferring solutions is nothing else but whining.
Am not saying not to complain but hey don't make a career out of it.
Wish you the best sir.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
typicalgamer:

I hate you with my entire life you be savage my guy grin grin grin

Read with your white hair

Don't mind the man

He thought I didn't see through his veiled insult

Yeye nonsense.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

We get you sir. Whatever you have written now, you have written times without number, nothing new man from the usual. I pray you live long enough to get white hairs too.
Btw, complaining without preferring solutions is nothing else but whining.
Am not saying not to complain but hey don't make a career out of it.
Wish you the best sir.

Oga, if you can't read with understanding, it's none of my problem

Please let this discussion end here. This will be my last reply to you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
charlesemeka85:

Hahahah lolol

First, it was their so called GOAT that they swore will retire in Barca

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

You are correct bros, but you can choose not to continually get irritated with the celebration of mediocrity here. You don't have to read the comments here now. Yes we have problems as a nation but we can't wallow in self pity all day long. Said another way, what is your main objective on this thread, as you dey play tiki taka with the stories of woe.

When you worship mediocrity then you’ll become delusional.

Do you want to be delusional ? My friend

We lost to Portugal folks were angry because they thought we should have won ??

Why would we beat a top tier and well drilled team like Portugal give me a reason ??

We think that way because we’re delusional and allowed mediocrity to cloud our judgement.

Imagine calling chukwueze and etebo world class that’s delusional.

Imagine putting hope in ekong that’s delusional

I can go on all day

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blueelf:

Oga, if you can't read with understanding, it's none of my problem

Please let this discussion end here. This will be my last reply to you

Advise from an old man (according to you), don't make a career out of whining!!!!

Jah bless!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2022
typicalgamer:

Why would we beat a top tier and well drilled team like Portugal give me a reason ??

We think that way because we’re delusional and allowed mediocrity to cloud our judgement.

I can go on all day

No talk too much oo

Because even if you write 15 long epistles, one man that refused to read will still ask you for solution

Because they appointed you and I as NFF chief

mtcheww

As for the result between SE and Portugal, I was expecting a worse outcome sef

As we have both agreed, delusional fans expect too much from a mediocre team

You see wetin portugal do swtizerland, Uruguay would have done worse against us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
See better trolling

Una talk say I be troll

I dey learn work where this guy dey

https://twitter.com/TrollFootball/status/1600271953532637184

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2022
typicalgamer:

I can go on all day
Chairman, I get you, denying there are problems is insane. But hey, let's not sit around mopping around all day, that's all I am saying. Chuks, Etebo are definitely not world class but that's what we arguably have currently, nothing wrong in celebrating them here, this is an SE fan thread. There are diehard fans of amateur teams, of cos they celebrate their amateur players.
Like I said earlier, I hope you understand, nothing wrong in calling out problems and issues, but there is a big problem if that's ALL we do all day all the time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Chairman, I get you, denying there are problems is insane. But hey, let's not sit around mopping around all day, that's all I am saying. Chuks, Etebo are definitely not world class but that's what we arguably have currently, nothing wrong in celebrating them here, this is an SE fan thread. There are diehard fans of amateur teams, of cos they celebrate their amateur players.
Like I said earlier, I hope you understand, nothing wrong in calling out problems and issues, but there is a big problem if that's ALL we do all day all the time.

Why didn’t you start with a statement like this before !
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2022
typicalgamer:

Why didn’t you start with a statement like this before !
Chairman if you can take the time to look at my initial response, I made it clear that yes we have problems, no doubt. But what I said then and I say it now again is, should we keep complaining continually about the problems? I don't think we should, but then at the end of it all, each man to his own.
Jah bless and thanks for your civility.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
If we do the right things. Else na tubu tubu mess am as usual.

Mujtahida:

Leave Afo oo. I be diehard eagles fan. It's just that I know how we stand presently but we will rise again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:30pm On Dec 07, 2022
typicalgamer:

We’re a football loving country oga

We’re not a footballing or sporting country

Because if we are, the facilities would speak for itself are we clear ?
Thanks. I couldn't find the words to puncture that myth. Some Nigerians love football but we are not a footballing nation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
Joebie:
If we do the right things. Else na tubu tubu mess am as usual.

For the SE, short term fix is getting coaching right. Now it's too early to fire JP, but am yet to be convinced he's the man. If you look at our current U17 and U21, those boys are good, hope they make it to the WC. I don't believe ALL of them and countless others in the a academies would all get into good clubs in Europe no matter how good they are. So my strong belief is that we need huge investments in the local league. Such that it would be unattractive for any Nigerian player to head to Belarus, Azerbaijan, Turkish division 2 etc. Looks like a pipe dream but nothing is impossible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
Pls those that say we are not footballing country
1. Can you give an example of an African footballing country if there is
2. Specify the reason such African country is considered a footballing country over Nigeria.
I agree we are a football loving country, but I need to know why we are not footballing country

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blueelf:

Sometimes, I wonder if I will ever see the Super Eagles get to the Semi-final of the WC in 90 yrs time

Because, as I said, our problems are deeply rooted and will take

We should stop comparing ourselves with morocco

The truth is the average Nigerian Football official/player/ref is very greedy and is concerned about what he will eat now than what the generations to come will benefit from

From our lower division leagues to the premier leagues to the NFF to the sports ministry, the root of corruption ha spread its roots all over

Where do we start from?

Even our own billionaires don't want to buy our sports teams because of the mess that is our league. \the rot and corruption stinks and makes even Lucifer himself shudder

Nigeria has a long way to go

We appoint politicians into sensitive sports positions and expect complete turnaround

Even our ex-internationals that should help us salvage our remaining dignity sportswise are busy advertising sports bet. How many of them can show you a UEFA coaching license..even if it's the least one? This shows you that the average black man na for himslef alone. Our ex-internationals are hardly interested in moving our football forward. The ones interested like amuneke, Finidi, Olofinjana won't be given the chance; they will be owed salaries till the second coming of Christ

E be like say Naija dey under one Old mama curse...abi no be so?
The results we got at the nation's cup, Olympics were gotten in spite of the tremendous problem of planning, corruption and organization we had. Go and research all our winning teams. It was problem upon problem.

My point really is that we still achieve one or two things in spite of our awful corruption. I'm not saying that corruption should not be rooted out. I'm saying that I am optimistic that we will win soon. Our history shows it and history repeats itself. If you want to wait for things to get fixed, you will wait forever.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2022
Mujtahida:

The results we got at the nation's cup, Olympics were gotten in spite of the tremendous problem of planning, corruption and organization we had. Go and research all our winning teams. It was problem upon problem.

My point really is that we still achieve one or two things in spite of our awful corruption. I'm not saying that corruption should not be rooted out. I'm saying that I am optimistic that we will win soon. Our history shows it and history repeats itself. If you want to wait for things to get fixed, you will wait forever.

I understand you Sir muj

But you have to know that any win we gain without fixing a good number of our problems will be short lived

What I'm talking about is building strong sporting institutions that will stand the test of time rather than for just one sporting event or tournament
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:43pm On Dec 07, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Great job sir BVV, your passion for Nigerian football is incredible!!!!!!

Thanks sir. I just had a blow up with some Ibom Angels people. I left very disappointed even though my so called team won. The NWFL is just the NPFL with women playing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Thanks sir. I just had a blow up with some Ibom Angels people. I left very disappointed even though my so called team won. The NWFL is just the NPFL with women playing.
Wow and how do you mean? What happened? Believe it or not you are like this because of how and where you were trained. The sad truth is a lot of us Nigerians are not ready for that change we all claim we need. Absolutely disappointing but I trust you, whatever happened isn't enough to quench that fire in you. Peace!!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2022
Wait first, a country that has good football history in
1. Winning Age grade tournaments (U17 WCups)
2. Represented Africa in U20 tournaments and getting as far as the final.
3. Winning all category of medals at Olympic level
4. Lifted Afcon more than once
5. Produced African best footballer of the year more than once
6. Won so many bronze and silver medals at Afcon
7. Heavily and fully strengthened at female football level in Africa with countless trophy.
So because we never reach Quarterfinals for world cup or we no qualify this year makes us a "no footballing nation" abeg gerrout with this stupid submission we are fully a footballing nation..if we are presently poor, our record will still prove us to be a footballing nation....

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2022
Mujtahida:

Brazil is one of the most corrupt countries on earth, yet they still achieve some things. Like you alluded, we need to root out corruption no doubt but it won't happen in a day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2022
Nigeria is a
1. Footballing nation
2. Basketballing nation
3. Athletic nation

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blueelf:

I understand you Sir muj

But you have to know that any win we gain without fixing a good number of our problems will be short lived

What I'm talking about is building strong sporting institutions that will stand the test of time rather than for just one sporting event or tournament
Sure but before we get there will be a long time from now except what is happening in the music and entertainment industry flows into football where private initiatives dominate rather than government
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2022
minfelix:
Wait first, a country that has good football history in
1. Winning Age grade tournaments (U17 WCups)
2. Represented Africa in U20 tournaments and getting as far as the final.
3. Winning all category of medals at Olympic level
4. Lifted Afcon more than once
5. Produced African best footballer of the year more than once
6. Won so many bronze and silver medals at Afcon
7. Heavily and fully strengthened at female football level in Africa with countless trophy.
So because we never reach Quarterfinals for world cup or we no qualify this year makes us a "no footballing nation" abeg gerrout with this stupid submission we are fully a footballing nation..if we are presently poor, our record will still prove us to be a footballing nation....

Exactly! Even the African countries that we are claiming they are better than us have not done much. Senegal won the nation's cup only once and they do not get to the semi final often.
Algeria don't do much in international football.
We are a real footballing nation.
It's like saying Italy is not a footballing nation because they have not qualified for the world cup for twice in succession.
From our antecedents another nation's cup medal is near
Also, we will soon produce more world class players apart from Osimhen.
I'm tired of the insult here

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
Spain lovers, Abandon ship and head to Argentina. We need to bring this home.
What do you think are the chances of Argentina against Netherlands? For me, I think shutting up Gakpo and Depay will be key. I also think Acuna will more than match Dumfries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13955) (13956) (13957) (13958) (13959) (13960) (13961) ... (16687) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bannedlargejr and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.