Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,683 members, 7,851,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11871625 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14186) (14187) (14188) (14189) (14190) (14191) (14192) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
Meliforme:

Samuel Chukwueze's massive leap in his contributions to defense is worthy of commendation.

Dude now attempts long balls with good accuracy.

Kudos to Chukwueze. His place in the front three is undisputed and uncontested.
samu hv always been good just suffered from dip of form few months ago. Try dey watch match no be to jump in support any time dem post here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
Blueelf:

After 1 match?

Lolllllllllllll

If I talk them go say HATE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:57pm On Jan 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 he seizes every opportunity to work hard on hyping the dead wood just to justify bribe wey em agent and the player dey give am monthly cus aside that I see no reason for the excessive hype

Imagine small caicedo and Enzo wey just come europe about a season ago don Dey attract interest for bigger clubs but our own na to dey here dey hype trash year in year out

Agreed without any iota of doubt

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:59pm On Jan 31, 2023
komekn:

If I talk them go say HATE.

no be here person dey tackle me say he is doing massively well in serie A few days ago 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

There is nothing wrong in moffi move

If na epl team like forest una for call am good move
atleast Nottingham Forrest is richer than osasuna,Celta vigo and even Valencia joined together 🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
❤️❤️❤️❤️

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
atleast Nottingham Forrest is richer than osasuna,Celta vigo and even Valencia joined together 🤣

All saad of Qatar is richer than them all so we should also support any player move to Qatar

Say no to epl dick riding

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
Enzo Fernandez to Chelsea for British transfer record of 105m pounds 😳

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

All saad of Qatar is richer than them all so we should also support any player move to Qatar

e never reach to call names cry baby 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
Onuachu talks about his move to southampton

https://twitter.com/boldsportsng/status/1620540604156612608?s=21

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 11:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Enzo Fernandez to Chelsea for British transfer record of 105m pounds 😳

Overpriced

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2023
Ppogbae:

Overpriced
just like Antony
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

I remember something now Andy

You asked of my opinion on Antony so far at united and I answered but asked in return about raphinha but till now am yet to get any response from you with regards to the question

Still waiting 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:46pm On Jan 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I remember something now Andy

You asked of my opinion on Antony so far at united and I answered but asked in return about raphinha but till now am yet to get any response from you with regards to the question

Still waiting 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wetin do Raphinha ?

27 games 11/GA for a 45 million player

Anthony almost all man united fans wan use swear finish the dancer despite scoring at times

Despite having a sweet left foot you can’t even convince anyone that Anthony isn’t a terrible footballer

Fidget spinner grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:47pm On Jan 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
e never reach to call names cry baby 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But no be me Dey wish moffi bad nah ,but na me be cry baby grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:49pm On Jan 31, 2023
What a Transfer window.

Now let the UCL resume.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:57pm On Jan 31, 2023
ChrisKels:
I'm noticing a trend, it seems that whoever Komekn starts praising among the innit boys suddenly starts experiencing a spiral fall.

Imagine this current situation of Ovie Ejaria who Reading has declared surplus to requirement. Imagine Josh Onomah, Fred Onyedimma, Chuks Aneke, Dominic Solanke, Dominic Iorfa to name but a few. Eze was a hot cake until he started praising him, now the boy isn't as good anymore.

Dude is literally jinxing these guys.

What about
Ademola Lookman
Fikayo Tomori
Tega Abraham
Ola Aina
Michael Olise
Chuks Carney
Tosin Adarabioyo
Folarin Balogun
Tim Iroegbunum
Eberechi Eze
Elijah Adebayo
Bright Osayi
Fikayo Bashiru

To name just a few .

Your very long list Onomah, Onyedimma, Aneke, Solanke, Iorfa

1.Can you tell me one of them that the midfield maestro of European football ⚽ Nwakali is actually doing better than please,in any way shape and or form❓

2. Can you tell me the last time I mentioned one of the prospective Nigeria SE players ❓I know you will not, I'll tell you minimum two seasons ago some of them like Onyedinma 5 seasons ago.

3. Can you tell me the last time Midfield maestro was mentioned here , TODAY and has been consistently mentioned non stop for the past 5 years.

There is a blatant double standard shameless hypocritical bias. One rule for NWAKALI and another for everyone else.

Back to your list ,

Chuks Aneke has been struggling with injury for over a decade back and forth, he is currently injured again.

Onyedinma plays at Luton Town , who are number 4 in the Championship and above Watford. Although just returned from injury.

Solanke is in the EPL with Bournemouth , scored 3 goals, earning in excess of £65k a week. He has no interest in playing for Nigeria. Not sure why you mentioned him ❓

Tega Onomah is in a great position he has a pick of clubs wanting to sign him. No longer wanted at Fulham and he is now a free agent. Salary 30k a week 10 times or more than Nwakali.

Dominic Iorfa is in a great position coming back from injury. His club has the longest undefeated record in all league in England able to beat a full strength Newcastle United in FA Ccup. He earns 5 times more than Nwakali and looks certain to be promoted to the Championship, with Sheffield Wednesday.

This is your definition of a downward spiral. Solanke had scored only three goals and KC has scored only 1, but KC is best finisher in Europe and doing well.

With regards to Ejaria see below plus he is in dispute with Paul Ince. See him leaving soon but can Reading who are under restrictions afford to key him go❓I doubt it.

Do you think it's very unfair of me to have kept quiet about these players all these years ❓❓

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:12am On Feb 01, 2023
🥸

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:21am On Feb 01, 2023
komekn:

The bold is a nonsensical proposition without any iota of substance.

The quality of league will determine the difficulty of execution and quality of delivery. The creation of a through and or long pass in Seria A is not the same as the NPFL. The quality of a cross in the EPL is not the same as Serbia league.

Quality of football is still relative to the league you are playing in, that can not be dismissed. In this inglorious quest to overcome quality with mediocrity to hype a player who has done nothing beyond regression in the past 8 years. Nwakali midfield maestro.

Consider Ivan Trichkovski top goal ⚽ scorer Cypriot League (rated 21in Europe) with 14 goals this season, he is 35. About 10 years ago he was in Belgium league his best tally at his peak 5 goals.

Alexander lacazette in 2016/17 got 28 goals from 30 games in the French league one. After 5 years at Arsenal his best EPL goal tally was 14, he has never been a top 5 goal scorer, not sure even top 10 in the EPL.

He has gone back to French League one , no longer in his prime at 31 , he is now joint number 2 with 4 other players in the French league with 12 goals. That tells you something.

Statistics are absolutely relative to the league you are in. You cannot dismiss relative quality in assessment of statistics . All because you want to hype the best midfield maestro.

I haven't followed the Spanish Cup , how many Segundo teams❓ were able to beat La Liga opposition how many from the Spanish 3rd tier ❓

I will reiterate the Segunda division is poor quality particularly once you below 4/5th place.

Ponferradina will struggle in my opinion without prejudice in English League two.

Ignorance can be bold.
Accuracy of short passes, long passes and crosses have more to do with how well it was served by the player giving them, for instance a poor cross can be tracked and then be well utilised by a teammate, good utilisation of a poor cross doesn't make the cross good or accurate, also an accurate cross, short pass or long pass can be intercepted. A good analyst should know how these things are calculated.

You admire confusion
Nowhere in my post did i talk about goalscoring, but you brought it in to support your obtusion. Again the emphasis was on Nwakali and what he can do as of himself, but you brought in his team, saying that they will struggle in league two, as if that is what was being discussed. You want to convolute the argument, and bring in new topics for discussion, you want a journey into a blind maze that leads nowhere, but my refusal to participate is blatant.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:41am On Feb 01, 2023
charlesemeka85:
samu hv always been good just suffered from dip of form few months ago. Try dey watch match no be to jump in support any time dem post here

Did you read well what i posted or are you afraid of patience.

I highlighted an improvement in his contributions to defence and his accurate long passes.
Do you really watch Samuel Chukwueze? It is very clear you don't.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:04am On Feb 01, 2023
You know it brother!
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... that venture is highly important My dear Joe. You don't have to explain too much. I absolutely understand. You are welcome. 😎

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 1:07am On Feb 01, 2023
Apparently Everton almost scooped up Onuachu shocked

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:07am On Feb 01, 2023
Charles u know say u don too overflog this matter. If you wan even win this “fight” wait for the right moment. Else e come be like say u dey hate on Nwakali o. The kid is doing okay. be happy for him.

charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 he seizes every opportunity to work hard on hyping the dead wood just to justify bribe wey em agent and the player dey give am monthly cus aside that I see no reason for the excessive hype

Imagine small caicedo and Enzo wey just come europe about a season ago don Dey attract interest for bigger clubs but our own na to dey here dey hype trash year in year out

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:12am On Feb 01, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Nice is only temporarily below Lorient on the table. They are still climbing.

They finished way above Lorient last season. Football is not all black and white. Moffi made a move to a side who, by squad quality valuation, is the 6th most valuable in Ligue 1. Let patience do its work and you will see Moffi's move is okay.

From Nice, the next stop for him is one of the Bigger Clubs within the Top 5.

Just tell your Grandchildren that this was a move made with both ambition and financial best interests in mind. Football is not all black or white.

Finally, never underestimate the importance of being happy with where you are.

Okay. I just read your earlier take on the reasons. Let's wait to see.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:21am On Feb 01, 2023
Lol may Onuachu no follow gnash teeth. Let the games begin
komekn:

Look at the top 4 goal scorers in the Premier league two of them have come directly from the Championship Mitrovic and Toney.

That should tell you about the Championship quality.

Although Onuachu is best suited to aerial balls and crosses. This is the bread and butter or the EPL and defenders are much more physical and faster.

If they play to Onuachu strength l expecte he will be ok but outstanding and getting 10 goals before the end of the season. There is a lot of desperate panic buying at moment.

There will be tears and gnashing of teeth at the end of the season.

It's a very tightly contested relegation battle , that includes Everton, this has made the top 6 of the championship to have much more quality and depth and yes money ££££££
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:40am On Feb 01, 2023
Joebie:

Not the players but the clubs.

Because they are panicking and desperate spending crazy money to prevent relegation.

But after all this expenditure three clubs will be demoted to the Championship and then there will tears and gnashing of teeth.

Players will get paid no matter what whether they stay up or go down. So Onuachu will be smiling all the way to the bank .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:42am On Feb 01, 2023
Confirmed 🔥🔥🔥🔥

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:43am On Feb 01, 2023
Joebie:
amen, I feel they will survive
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:44am On Feb 01, 2023
Joebie:
Charles u know say u don too overflog this matter. If you wan even win this “fight” wait for the right moment. Else e come be like say u dey hate on Nwakali o. The kid is doing okay. be happy for him.

lemme 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:47am On Feb 01, 2023
Joebie:

This is the same forum players I have talked about 6 season ago I get never ending vitriolic rhetoric and rancourous bitter dislike.

These players have been castigated as FB and not good enough. But somehow Nwakali who has been on a continuous downward spiral for the past 8 years. He had no club for months but still invited to the SE.

Nwakali is in a bankruptcy relegation club in a very poor quality club and league.

And you say the kid is doing good sad shocked shocked cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:58am On Feb 01, 2023
Meliforme:

Ignorance can be bold.
Accuracy of short passes, long passes and crosses have more to do with how well it was served by the player giving them, for instance a poor cross can be tracked and then be well utilised by a teammate, good utilisation of a poor cross doesn't make the cross good or accurate, also an accurate cross, short pass or long pass can be intercepted. A good analyst should know how these things are calculated.

You admire confusion
Nowhere in my post did i talk about goalscoring, but you brought it in to support your obtusion. Again the emphasis was on Nwakali and what he can do as of himself, but you brought in his team, saying that they will struggle in league two, as if that is what was being discussed. You want to convolute the argument, and bring in new topics for discussion, you want a journey into a blind maze that leads nowhere, but my refusal to participate is blatant.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:15am On Feb 01, 2023
komekn:

This is the same forum players I have talked about 6 season ago I get never ending vitriolic rhetoric and rancourous bitter dislike.

These players have been castigated as FB and not good enough. But somehow Nwakali who has been on a continuous downward spiral for the past 8 years. He had no club for months but still invited to the SE.

Nwakali is in a bankruptcy relegation club in a very poor quality club and league.

And you say the kid is doing good sad shocked shocked cool

@Bolded.. U like adding lies to prove your point...
When was Nwakali ever invited to the SE while clubless? He want to the AFCON while still under contract with Huesca.. before the AFCON,the only time he was invited to the SE was under Rohr for an inconsequential friendly against Liberia. A game where George Weah played....

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14186) (14187) (14188) (14189) (14190) (14191) (14192) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zellas, quickberry(m), chrisooblog, joelsteron, cromz(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.