Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11753896 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14188) (14189) (14190) (14191) (14192) (14193) (14194) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 12:51pm On Feb 01, 2023
Algeria 2023 Africa u-17 cup of Nations

Golden Eaglets in Group in group B

Nigeria
Morocco
South Africa
Zambia

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2023
chrisooblog:
Here's a link showing the boy's attributes. Has a bit of the Yaya Toure look about him. Will definitely keep tabs on him.

https://twitter.com/RemoStarsSC/status/1620498319335358466?s=20&t=j5BVRceJCT2YFx-wom3o6g

superb ball carrier,good passing range and footballing intelligence

Also I love his physique, can’t be bullied off the ball easily

Even if he doesn’t mk it to inter’s first team he has all it takes to play for any other club in a top league in europe

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:56pm On Feb 01, 2023
chrisooblog:
Here's a link showing the boy's attributes. Has a bit of the Yaya Toure look about him. Will definitely keep tabs on him.

https://twitter.com/RemoStarsSC/status/1620498319335358466?s=20&t=j5BVRceJCT2YFx-wom3o6g

He also reminds me of Olofinjana.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:56pm On Feb 01, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

He also reminds me of Olofinjana.
exactly. You be ol’g my guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:57pm On Feb 01, 2023
lovewins:

Nigeria
Morocco
South Africa
Zambia
We should watch out for biased officiating.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:57pm On Feb 01, 2023
chrisooblog:

but why is this kid in our current u20 team?

Atleast em get African mentality na 🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:00pm On Feb 01, 2023
lovewins:

Nigeria
Morocco
South Africa
Zambia

Mehn, compared to the other groups, ours seem the strongest.

3 regional Champs and a Runner up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2023
Valentine Ozornwafor back to Belgium with Charleroi

The Left-footed CB hardly got games at Sochaux despite starting the first 2 games of the 22/23 season with them.

I used to think it was down to injuries initially but last week, I got in touch with Valentine Ozornwafor's Elder Brother to ask the exact reasons for Valentine's absence from Sochaux's matchday squads.

It was revealed to me that Valentine was not injured but very fit and was only being ignored by the coaching crew at Sochaux for reasons best known to them.

In other words, they just didn't fancy picking Valentine any longer. A very frustrating situation to be in.

I recall Taiwo Awoniyi related same experience when he was at Mainz in Germany.

I told the brother to please communicate seriously to Valentine to work his way out of there before or by deadline day of the winter transfer window and viola... just yesterday, Valentine secured a return to Charleroi.

I am happy for him and I hope he can begin playing again.

The Super Eagles are short on genuine LCB talents. This is why I reached out and I hope Valentine can get back to on-field action again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:16pm On Feb 01, 2023
You dey mind some of our coaches
charlesemeka85:
but why is this kid in our current u20 team?

Atleast em get African mentality na 🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:18pm On Feb 01, 2023
chrisooblog:
You dey mind some of our coaches
no be wetin our u20 coach talk wey mk am decamp Arsenal and palace youngsters that were invited to train with the team at Abuja
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jubilantagida: 1:20pm On Feb 01, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:
Patrick Vieira, pure wisdom.

Signing players who will fight for black power.

Players will never turn against him.

Sean Dyche has been criticized for his preferences for white players, but Patrick Viera flipping the script is considered wisdom? 🤔🤔

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:21pm On Feb 01, 2023
His ball carrying skills look top notch. He seems to have all the basics down already to be a very good midfielder. Hoping Inter will help him polish off his rough edges.

charlesemeka85:

Even if he doesn’t mk it to inter’s first team he has all it takes to play for any other club in a top league in europe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:23pm On Feb 01, 2023
chrisooblog:
His ball carrying skills look top notch. He seems to have all the basics down already to be a very good midfielder. Hoping Inter will help him polish off his rough edges.

inter has one of the best primavera systems in Italy and if he does well he will be promoted to the first team or maybe sent out on loan to serie B clubs to gain experience in men’s football before been recalled to the first team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2023
Obviously too much focus on getting the Enzo deal wrapped up made Chelsea assign incompetents to take care of Ziyech-To-PSG's deal paperworks.

Ouch. Sorry Hakim. Chelsea did the man dirty. 🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:44pm On Feb 01, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Happy New Month Violence: Piers Morgan vs John Terry

Piers obviously trying not to be moved by Chelsea's absolutely monstrous and huge statement spendings.

While, John Terry keeps "defending" his club years after retirement. What a Legend! 😂😂😂

Honest Take though: I am no Chelsea fan but trust me when I say, Chelsea are cooking and if Graham Potter is allowed time to get this squad of players including their shiny new signings into proper synchronised playing shape, they will surely be a force to look at again.
Enzo Fernández, one of my best 5 young players at the WC in Qatar is surely a special young midfielder who embodies almost everything I admire in proper ball playing CDMs. He's not just a CDM that can control phases of plays but he can also feature as a Runner-type CDM (Box to Box CDM).
Dude has got stamina, awesome in contesting duels, can lines-break with his passing, has got the switch-play nous in his skillset locker, and is a bonafide 1st phase and 2nd phase midfielder. I wish him well at Chelsea. He is a Baller.

Looks like Enzo Fernández will dorn the Jersey #5 for Chelsea. Jorginho's former number. Quite Iconic in the light of what Jorginho achieved at Stamford Bridge and especially because he is Jorginho's direct natural replacement in the #6 role.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2023
Onuachu: Conqueror of Belgium, now in England. Stats Summary

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:13pm On Feb 01, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Obviously too much focus on getting the Enzo deal wrapped up made Chelsea assign incompetents to take care of Ziyech-To-PSG's deal paperworks.

Ouch. Sorry Hakim. Chelsea did the man dirty.
if this happens in Nigeria we no go hear word

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Onuachu: Conqueror of Belgium, now in England. Stats Summary

Is it safe to say he's Genk's greatest striker in history?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2023
Danielnino00:

@Bolded.. U like adding lies to prove your point...
When was Nwakali ever invited to the SE while clubless? He want to the AFCON while still under contract with Huesca.. before the AFCON,the only time he was invited to the SE was under Rohr for an inconsequential friendly against Liberia. A game where George Weah played....

I like telling Lies , I have challenged you before to mention one lie I've said to date you have been UNABLE.

See below , who is the LIAR.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2023
More highlights

https://twitter.com/hamkarl/status/1620780237809397760?s=20&t=j5BVRceJCT2YFx-wom3o6g

charlesemeka85:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2023
But your screenshots is not disproving what he said about Nwakali not getting invited to the SE when he was clubless.

From your screenshot all you have proved is that KC got invited to the U23s despite being inactive not clubless clearly two different things.

komekn:

I like telling Lies , I have challenged you before to mention one lie I've said to date you have been UNABLE.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2023
Joebie:
Kai Nwakali is not on a downward spiral na. Which players have u been talking about? Abeg refresh my memory.

You deh fall my hand.

Nwakali Started at Arsenal when Saka, Smith Nketiah were 12/13/14 couldn't do ANYTHING.

They sent him to Eerste Division 2nd tier Dutch league Maastricht they promoted him to Venlo in the Eredivise where he played 380 minutes and 9 games they sent him back to Eerste division with Maastricht, too poor and not good enough.

He was without club as nobody wanted him in the lowly second tier of Dutch football Eerste.

As a consequence he was promoted to Porto B, in the lowly Ligaporto. after a few games he was a bench warmer. Nobody wanted him, they returned him to sender

The sender Arsenal were finally able to offload the bad market and Huesca the fall guy Moogo collect him.

Huesca immediately loaned him to a lower club in the Segundo division Alcarcon brought him back and valued him so much he was the the second to the last lowest paid player in Huesca.

Huesca wanted to offload him but nobody interested they then in desperation terminated his contract prematurely before expiry but failed. But on the day of expiry they kicked him out.

He now goes to Ponferradina that is essentially bankrupt and in the bottom of the lowly Segundo division facing relegation.

Oniovo BEECO tell me how that is PROGRESSION ❓❓

Or you want to turn darkness to light

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:11pm On Feb 01, 2023
Danielnino00:

@Bolded.. U like adding lies to prove your point...
When was Nwakali ever invited to the SE while clubless? He want to the AFCON while still under contract with Huesca.. before the AFCON,the only time he was invited to the SE was under Rohr for an inconsequential friendly against Liberia. A game where George Weah played....

But he was invited friendly or not.

And he was invited to the national team set up Dream team flying eagles whatever it's not important.

However he was invited to the national team when he had not played a competitive game of football for months.

That's what is pertinent not whether it was a friendly or the Super Eagles or Dream team, etc.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2023
chrisooblog:
But your screenshots is not disproving what he said about Nwakali not getting invited to the SE when he was clubless.

From your screenshot all you have proved is that KC got invited to the U23s despite being inactive not clubless clearly two different things.

If you want to be pedantic , then I will substitute SE for National football , ⚽ Dream team , Flying eagles, Friendly, etc

What's pertinent is being invited to the national team set up when you haven't kicked a ball in a competitive game of football for 8 month's.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:17pm On Feb 01, 2023
jubilantagida:

Sean Dyche has been criticized for his preferences for white players, but Patrick Viera flipping the script is considered wisdom? 🤔🤔

Actually Sean Dyche is a racist Bigot and would blatantly push black player out.

Vieira is picking the best players and if they happened to be black it is coincidental.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:21pm On Feb 01, 2023
There's no need trying to obfuscate issues when you can clearly admit you were wrong and move on but pigs have a higher chance of competing with birds for airspace than you doing that.

komekn:

If you want to be pedantic , then I will substitute SE for National football , ⚽ Dream team , Flying eagles, Friendly, etc

What's pertinent is being invited to the national team set up when you haven't kicked a ball in a competitive game of football for 8 month's.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:17pm On Feb 01, 2023
chrisooblog:

Also has some Kanu Nwankwo Vibes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Ouch. Sorry Hakim. Chelsea did the man dirty. 🤣🤣

Chelsea did not want him to go. Probably Potter wants Ziyech sticking around in case there is need for a contingency plan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:40pm On Feb 01, 2023
komekn:

You just shamelessly exposed yourself..
You said he was invited to the SE despite being clubless... The article youre quoting is talking about the u-23... Since when did the u-23 and the super eagles become one?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2023
Danielnino00:

You just shamelessly exposed yourself..
You said he was invited to the SE despite being clubless... The article youre quoting is talking about the u-23... Since when did the u-23 and the super eagles become one?

komekn is fond of posting articles that bust his own lies.
grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2023
Good to see our players getting relatively big moves this winter. The Belgian League will be more interesting to watch! I wish Onuachu and his Ghanaian wife all the best in England. Sulemana and Salisu will be the happiest! Plenty Shitto for the boys!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2023
komekn:

Very good striker yes, but world class , l guess it depends on what your mean by World class.

Has he in his entire career been among the top 3 strikers in a top league .

The first time in his career that he may exceed 15 league gaols in a season is now . Will he be the highest goal scorer in Seria A at the end of the season ❓ l hope he does , because it's about time all the potential is realised with actual goals.

In 2021 Simy scored 20 goals in Seria A but nobody called him world class .

In my opinion the key performance indicator is consistency at the highest level over at least 3 seasons.

So we can say Mane, Salah, Lukaku, Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema, Mbappe, Neymar are world class.

Dusan Vlahovic , 22 years old , is top striker , after two consecutive season at the top of Seria A goal table,but nobody calls him world class. Ciro Immobile is a very good striker but nobody calls him World class. And many would say they are better than V.O.

I think the tag WORLD CLASS is premature, for a player yet to win anything yet.
What is premature?
Osimhen is a world class striker
Don’t know why you’re arguing this fact

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14188) (14189) (14190) (14191) (14192) (14193) (14194) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tomsniel(m), elyte89, ChrisKels and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.