Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,816 members, 7,862,709 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:30 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11942365 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14211) (14212) (14213) (14214) (14215) (14216) (14217) ... (16354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 8:18pm On Feb 05, 2023
BannedLarge:

When it mattered most against World class defenders like Amartey and the yeye Ghana defense. Where was our star men?? They couldn’t score in 180 minutes against Ghana (when it mattered) I am sorry but only rectify that result will that memory be forgiven.

George Weah couldn't score against our defence to qualify his team for the 2002 world cup, so, he was a bad player...orisirisi😏

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 8:18pm On Feb 05, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Explain why Salah didn't score as much in Serie A as he did in only his first season in England.

Salah hasn't gone below 19 in England in the last 5 seasons but couldn't surpass 15 in Italy. Smh.

Also, Lukaku is back in Serie A. Why hasn't he outscored anyone?

Kvara is certainly one of the X-factors in the league and in this Napoli team but so also is Osimhen. Kvara leads in attacking sequence involvements in the league but that is unsurprising as he is a fantastic vertically-oriented creative winger.

Kvara have had his down moments too. He struggled vs Roma at the Olimpico while Osimhen came up Clutch. Kvara wasn't present vs Atalanta while Osimhen scored and assisted in the lad's absence.

Osimhen has come up Clutch for Napoli more than any other player in the league this season.

Both are tops and Osimhen is indeed the main man. It takes a lot of Composure and top mentality to be able to get on the end of moves like Osimhen have done times and again this season.

And he doesn't get spoon fed all the time. He literally has to FIGHT for some balls that look like lost causes and create goals out of them. Like he did today vs Spezia for the first goal. Like he did vs Ajax in the UCL or like he did vs Roma at the Stadio Olimpico.

Funny how you lots wanna talk down on the Serie A now because Osimhen is doing great damage to the league's defensive-minded reputation.

Please say something else.

it's getting annoying truth be told,. . I just don't know why people are just bitter about osimhen success like why!!!!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:19pm On Feb 05, 2023
One will win the league as Top Scorer and MVP while the other will just win the league.

Also, he was one of their best. Not their BEST. Morocco is practically my next favorite national team. So let it rest.

BannedLarge:

He was ONE of their best players and their official best will be preferential. Hakimi, zyech, ambrabat or ounahi were their four best at the tournament. Also, he will most likely win Lique 1 (Farmers league) just like our own (Seria A) the common denominator between the 2 will be Champions league and national team performance.. the number position is still open for grab but for now, Hakimi will most likely be Nominated as top 3… if victor is nominated as top 3, that’s a Win for him because I believe that in the near future, he will win Apoy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:19pm On Feb 05, 2023
With no single penalty goal!!
TheSuperNerd:
Victor Osimhen: Another Landmark in Napoli's Serie A history

For context:

Luis Vinicio ended up with 16 goals in 26 games. Meaning he didn't score again till season end.

Cavani finished with 29 goals in 34 league games.

Higuain finished with 36 goals in 35 league games.

Damn! 🔥🔥

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 8:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
Emmy450:
it's getting annoying truth be told,. . I just don't know why people are just bitter about osimhen success like why!!!!
People aren’t bitter but “Ass licking yes men” get so defensive when we analyze logically and unemotional. You have to remove feelings and emotions when analyzing football if not you will feel like people are attacking certain players.. No one person has said that osimehn is a bad player or hasn’t been Good this season but any constructive criticism that people say is always deemed an attack to “yes men agent” worst people to surround yourself. If our players are as good as some of you guys claim, why couldn’t they beat or score against Ghana?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 8:26pm On Feb 05, 2023
Moffi starts for Nice

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 8:27pm On Feb 05, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

One will win the league as Top Scorer and MVP while the other will just win the league.

Also, he was one of their best. Not their BEST. Morocco is practically my next favorite national team. So let it rest.

He is a RB in what village are right backs being the top scorers? Strikers and defenders are measured differently. Anyway, the common denominator will be champions league and national team performance assuming both win their respective league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2023
Besides the skipper who should sometimes be giving leeway due to media duties Troost Ekong, every Call up should be based on club form

“Anyone whose not ready to give 100% on the pitch to Nigeria should not bother coming to play for the Eagles, even if it means they fake injuries “- Sunday Mba AFCON 2013 winner

We better get our house in order else Senegal or Morocco will take home the next Afcon
Total overhauling needed
Particularly the goal keeping, defence & midfield departments
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:33pm On Feb 05, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Tolu and Sor just scored to make it 3-2 to Genk after coming on together as subs! Naijaboys!

Sor the shortest player on the pitch scores with his head.
Arokodare the tallest player scores with his foot.
Typical Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 8:36pm On Feb 05, 2023
BannedLarge:

People aren’t bitter but “Ass licking yes men” get so defensive when we analyze logically and unemotional. You have to remove feelings and emotions when analyzing football if not you will feel like people are attacking certain players.. No one person has said that osimehn is a bad player or hasn’t been Good this season but any constructive criticism that people say is always deemed an attack to “yes men agent” worst people to surround yourself. If our players are as good as some of you guys claim, why couldn’t they beat or score against Ghana?

Argentina paraded the most balanced team at the 2002 world cup, but they didn't qualify from group stage, football is not analysed like you do... it's not 1+1=2.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 8:38pm On Feb 05, 2023
Brazil also had a very good team at the 2006 world cup, with the likes of Ronaldinho, Kaka, Robinho, Juninho Panerbucano, Emerson etc, but they couldn't get to the final.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2023
Personally, I really like Osimehn and believe that he has the qualities to become one of Nigeria greatest ever and a top African striker. But, my annoyance is towards his “yes men” they will try to insult you whenever a constructive criticism is shown towards him even though everyone else has been constructively criticized. I believe that based on his performance so far, he deserves enermous praise.. he has scored with his right foot, left foot, heading, World class goal the only remaining are over head and free kick

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2023
We need good defenders, goalkeepers and midfielders to complement our strikers. We also need a very good coach, not Pesseiro...then, you can crucify Osimhen if he doesn't perform for Super Eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 8:42pm On Feb 05, 2023
BannedLarge:
Personally, I really like Osimehn and believe that he has the qualities to become one of Nigeria greatest ever and a top African striker. But, my annoyance is towards his “yes men” they will try to insult you whenever a constructive criticism is shown towards him even though everyone else has been constructively criticized. I believe that based on his performance so far, he deserves enermous praise.. he has scored with his right foot, left foot, heading, World class goal the only remaining are over head and free kick

There are no yesmen anywhere, you can't expect Osimhen to be the goalkeeper, defender, midfielder, striker and the coach at the same time.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2023
Joezinho:

The same fairy tale run Osimhen and his likes could not do. Hakimi stands a better chance than Osimhen. Or do you think National team games do not matter? It’s an African award.

It’s not by scoring tons of goals against the bums of africa like Sierra Leone, Lesotho, Benin, CAR and São Tomé.. Where did he lead his team to?
then how did Mikel loose to Yaya Toure?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:45pm On Feb 05, 2023
Collins Yira Sor scored his 2nd league goal for Genk today.

Tolu Arokodare stepped up off the bench on his DEBUT and SCORED what turned out the winner in Genk's 3-2 away win at KAA Gent.

Beautiful day for the Naija Genk lads.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 8:48pm On Feb 05, 2023
Victor Boniface with a goal.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2023
And I repeat, One will win the league as Top Scorer and MVP while the other will just win the league.

Moving on.

BannedLarge:

He is a RB in what village are right backs being the top scorers? Strikers and defenders are measured differently. Anyway, the common denominator will be champions league and national team performance assuming both win their respective league

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2023
One thing that I have realized is that when you do a good job, you have open doors for others. Look at how genk immediately replaced Onuachu with Tolu. Fellas, where ever you find yourself, ensure to realize that you’re a representation of yourself, family and others considering how well you perform and strive to put in the best possible performance. When Napoli sell Osimehn, best believe they will be in a look out for another Nigerian

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2023
BannedLarge:

Ghana this,Ghana that... Bro, you need to let it go.... Next month will make it one year already..Let it go!
The fact that you keep calling Ghana "ordinary" despite knowing too well our history with them shows that you invested something into that game that's causing you so much hurt..
Please let it go

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 8:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
maidaboi:
then how did Mikel loose to Yaya Toure?

Let’s be honest, CaF don’t have a specific metrics that they use to calculate a winner and based on previous winners, there has been discrepancies. I don’t know if caf are using club or country performance to nominate a winner let’s just support Osimehn and hopes he gets nominated first

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2023
Beautiful 💥🔥🔥🔥

That's 4 goals, 4 assists in 21 league games (19 starts).

quickberry:
Victor Boniface with a goal.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2023
Moffi's acceleration is insane.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:02pm On Feb 05, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

Before quality, financial probability and sporting project takes precedence.

Messi is currently on a bosman, how many clubs are gunning for the best player in the world/player with most goals+ this season.

Victor Osimhen is young, which makes him attractive to suitors.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:11pm On Feb 05, 2023
mostob:
grin grin
You too like vawulence
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Waiting for thegoodjoe to come write thesis on how pep and city destroyed Spurs with free flowing passes today

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:13pm On Feb 05, 2023
BannedLarge:
One thing that I have realized is that when you do a good job, you have open doors for others. Look at how genk immediately replaced Onuachu with Tolu. Fellas, where ever you find yourself, ensure to realize that you’re a representation of yourself, family and others considering how well you perform and strive to put in the best possible performance. When Napoli sell Osimehn, best believe they will be in a look out for another Nigerian
they for sign for obote Moffi but em don run go Nice 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:18pm On Feb 05, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Una no go analyze pep and city tactics today?🥱

Unfortunately, I was too busy to watch the game. Can't give a feedback on it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:22pm On Feb 05, 2023
BannedLarge:

Well said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 9:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
BannedLarge:

lol, osimhen actually scored against Ghana, but was rightfully ruled out for offside,.. the thing is as osimhen keeps improving and gains more success,the bitter ones on this thread keep finding new excuses to belittle the boy, I just can't rap my head round why such bitterness for your own national team player

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2023
Emmy450:
lol, osimhen actually scored against Ghana, but was rightfully ruled out for offside,.. the thing is as osimhen keeps improving and gains more success,the bitter ones on this thread keep finding new excuses to belittle the boy, I just can't rap my head round why such bitterness for your own national team player

Bro, don’t mind them. Some of them are just angry at something else and try to use Osimehn as a scapegoat. Let’s just support all our players constructively and wholeheartedly. That goal we scored in Abuja was offside tho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:36pm On Feb 05, 2023
Osimhen should choose Bayern above any other suitors

E get why

cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:38pm On Feb 05, 2023
BannedLarge:

Bro, don’t mind them. Some of them are just angry at something else and try to use Osimehn as a scapegoat. Let’s just support all our players constructively and wholeheartedly. That goal we scored in Abuja was offside tho
this post is not funny but I find myself laughing hard

Some will understand LoL

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14211) (14212) (14213) (14214) (14215) (14216) (14217) ... (16354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Goke7, Suzzytee05(f), Marjoribanks and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.