Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11754865 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14215) (14216) (14217) (14218) (14219) (14220) (14221) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2023
IDENNAA:

Those foreigners are killing SE. I can't stand their mediocrity. They have robbed us of our style. Let them go!
style yeye, style wey no fit pass World Cup second round

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:51pm On Feb 06, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Na this your nonsense Dey annoy me

With that your strong head like fuel tanker
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:13am On Feb 07, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Shooting Stars vs Nasarawa United

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhf9IODA8Co
Thank you so much. I always enjoy watching Shooting Stars, the pace setting club in Nigeria. Meanwhile let me act like an Oliver Twist, can you be making 3SC highlights at least 10 to 15 mins? grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 5:27am On Feb 07, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
I don't understand what you been by media being democractised. If you can't trust the media on simple objective news like this then you'll fall prey to misinformation. There is nothing political attached to Atsu.

That guy in question, as a Ghanian journalist has a much closer emotional attachment to Atsu than Dailymail. Just the way someone like Oma has with Osimhen. He's more likely to believe such a report than Dailymail without verification. Confirmation bias.

Ask yourself, if a terrible news was reported instead about Atsu, would he have rushed to report it? He would rather wait for an official confirmation.

A lot of things are going on in Turkey rn. Atsu is not the only player missing. Even his club are still trying to figure out the whereabouts of some others. Network services will be down and information wouldn't pass as easily as before. In hours time information will be clear and hopefully he'll be fine. If you're not part of Atsu family or had been a fan of him before now, I don't see why this news should then bother you to the extent of looking for real-time updates on him.

Media has been democratised means exactly what it says. The advent of social media has significantly changed the information game in the last decade. No one waits for traditional media to find out about player's transfer, Fabrizio Romano is more believable. Just recently, Dez a Nigerian had the best information about Onuachu's transfer to Southampton than many local Southampton media outfits has to reach out to him. The recent Chinese balloon incident in the US was reported by an individual in Montana before it became national news. Apparently the white house had done everything it could to keep it under wraps, a curious man with a phone leaked it.

Traditional media will delay reporting a story because they have journalistic standards they are required to follow. It helps to reduce their likelihood for error, it doesn't automatically mean independent media who do not have to necessarily deal with these bottlenecks aren't reliable. When Kobe died, a tabloid released the news first, with pictures of the crash. CNN wouldn't do that, they'll wait first for his family to be informed, they'll ask for comments from the LAPD, Coroner's office etc. An independent media isn't bound by that.

Yes, I'm likely to believe Oma on a story on Osimhen than Dailymail (That's you'll even use Dailymail as reference is surprising cause they are know for propaganda with very little journalistic integrity). The journalist in question didn't even report on his recovery even many others where. I'm guessing he had to wait till he could reach Christian's management and some of his colleagues before he could do that. Thankfully the guardian has reported same, so I'm guessing that puts the matter to rest.

And oh, it bothers me cause he's human, and I wasn't sourcing for real time update as you described it. I only contribute to a conversation that was already ongoing in the thread.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:05am On Feb 07, 2023
lovewins:

Media has been democratised means exactly what it says. The advent of social media has significantly changed the information game in the last decade. No one waits for traditional media to find out about player's transfer, Fabrizio Romano is more believable. Just recently, Dez a Nigerian had the best information about Onuachu's transfer to Southampton than many local Southampton media outfits has to reach out to him. The recent Chinese balloon incident in the US was reported by an individual in Montana before it became national news. Apparently the white house had done everything it could to keep it under wraps, a curious man with a phone leaked it.

Traditional media will delay reporting a story because they have journalistic standards they are required to follow. It helps to reduce their likelihood for error, it doesn't automatically mean independent media who do not have to necessarily deal with these bottlenecks aren't reliable. When Kobe died, a tabloid released the news first, with pictures of the crash. CNN wouldn't do that, they'll wait first for his family to be informed, they'll ask for comments from the LAPD, Coroner's office etc. An independent media isn't bound by that.

Yes, I'm likely to believe Oma on a story on Osimhen than Dailymail (That's you'll even use Dailymail as reference is surprising cause they are know for propaganda with very little journalistic integrity). The journalist in question didn't even report on his recovery even many others where. I'm guessing he had to wait till he could reach Christian's management and some of his colleagues before he could do that. Thankfully the guardian has reported same, so I'm guessing that puts the matter to rest.

And oh, it bothers me cause he's human, and I wasn't sourcing for real time update as you described it. I only contribute to a conversation that was already ongoing in the thread.
Those standards can make reporting slow but help to prevent wrong reporting and unintended biases.

The journalist is emotionally attached to Atsu. He can report fake news that he really wants to be true without realizing it.

Yes, Guardian reported hours later citing the same journalist. However, they have changed the report again to state that he has likely not yet been found.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 6:16am On Feb 07, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Those standards can make reporting slow but help to prevent wrong reporting and unintended biases.

The journalist is emotionally attached to Atsu. He can report fake news that he really wants to be true without realizing it.

Yes, Guardian reported hours later citing the same journalist. However, they have changed the report again to state that he has likely not yet been found.

Guardian cited a publication in Portugal not the Ghanaian journalist. I think even Dailymail you referenced has reported same. There are however conflicting reports from the club has the president is yet to give confirmation.

My reservation about your submission is that a journalist with history will falsely report a story to pande either to his emotions or to people. He has his sources (not disputing that sources can't be wrong) and has reported same. Well established media try to get at least 2 independent sources before releasing a story and this obviously makes it slower and safer. In all we wish Christian the very best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:37am On Feb 07, 2023
lovewins:

Guardian cited a publication in Portugal not the Ghanaian journalist. I think even Dailymail you referenced has reported same. There are however conflicting reports from the club has the president is yet to give confirmation.

My reservation about your submission is that a journalist with history will falsely report a story to pande either to his emotions or to people. He has his sources (not disputing that sources can't be wrong) and has reported same. Well established media try to get at least 2 independent sources before releasing a story and this obviously makes it slower and safer. In all we wish Christian the very best.
I did not say that a journalist will falsely generate a story. I said that journalist with an emotional attachment to something is very likely to report a news he prefers while disregarding conflicting reports.

That news obviously has it's roots from A bola. Some players in Atsu's club happen to be Portuguese and they may have picked it up from there, adding credibility to the news.

The fact that the club vice president and others at his residence said otherwise likely makes that story false. Come to think of it, If he were found, then it cannot be a matter of controversy. There cannot be speculation over someone reportedly in hospital. The club will be aware and would have issued a statement by now. His family and the Ghanian FA would have been contacted by the hospital.

Hopefully he gets found in good condition but for now, fingers crossed. I don't think there is legitimate positive news about him yet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:09am On Feb 07, 2023
Blueelf:

andrew my guy

it's been ages

You're enjoying your teams resurgence quietly abi?

How you see my team 😂😂😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:16am On Feb 07, 2023
Ppogbae:
Is Osimhen can snatch both Serie A and Capocannoniere, he should go for NO LESS than 170 Million POUND STERLING!

You wan use that Napoli presido play?

He has been seeing the market how English teams have been overpaying for average players

English big boys should better be ready ,because dude won’t even go for 100 million

Teams that can afford osimhen as I speak

Chelsea
Man united
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich

Psg and mancity can also afford him easily ,but they don’t need a striker for now .

Those 4 teams are the 4 potential teams

My first choice for him is Madrid then Bayern or Manchester United
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:19am On Feb 07, 2023
komekn:

Vardy is definitely off the boil but has been outstanding for over a decade for Leicester City.

By comparison after 6 seasons KC has had one good season and he scored 12 goals that same season Vardy scored 15 that's 2020/21.

Starting games is not a guarantee that you MUST and WILL score .

It's irrelevant whether you start or just get 20 minutes. Just make sure you make a difference the more you perform the more your will play .

And don't forget you have another under performing striker Daka just like KC, all fighting for a start but both are the same essentially not very good.

Vardy has been poor this season even with regular game time

Iheanacho is currently better than vardy

My words are final

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:20am On Feb 07, 2023
elyte89:

U for say make dem give Napoli d whole world cos say wetin happen😀😀

If not for d inflated football market,osimhen value shldnt exceed 70-75million £

If not ? But there is no if not

Na the market value you mention dem take buy am from Lille officially
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:15am On Feb 07, 2023
komekn:

Vardy is definitely off the boil but has been outstanding for over a decade for Leicester City.

By comparison after 6 seasons KC has had one good season and he scored 12 goals that same season Vardy scored 15 that's 2020/21.

Starting games is not a guarantee that you MUST and WILL score .

It's irrelevant whether you start or just get 20 minutes. Just make sure you make a difference the more you perform the more your will play .

And don't forget you have another under performing striker Daka just like KC, all fighting for a start but both are the same essentially not very good.
My good man Komekn. Applying your law of here and now. Vardy has played 21games with 15 starts. Scored only 2 goals with 2 assists. In here and now principle, is he doing ok If you were a coach, You keep mentioning past 6 seasons. Vardy has lost form. Daka is not up there also, the only option they have is KC and he still kept him on the bench while you keep getting closer to relegation zone. Unless your here and now has clauses.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 9:18am On Feb 07, 2023
This kid isn’t getting the hype he deserves. Kid is golden!!!!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:43am On Feb 07, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
I did not say that a journalist will falsely generate a story. I said that journalist with an emotional attachment to something is very likely to report a news he prefers while disregarding conflicting reports.

That news obviously has it's roots from A bola. Some players in Atsu's club happen to be Portuguese and they may have picked it up from there, adding credibility to the news.

The fact that the club vice president and others at his residence said otherwise likely makes that story false. Come to think of it, If he were found, then it cannot be a matter of controversy. There cannot be speculation over someone reportedly in hospital. The club will be aware and would have issued a statement by now. His family and the Ghanian FA would have been contacted by the hospital.

Hopefully he gets found in good condition but for now, fingers crossed. I don't think there is legitimate positive news about him yet.
Yes i love you guys conversation on Christian Atsu.It gave depth on first hand reporting,very educative .. He is alive and recuperating in hospital right now but club sport director still missing according to Dailymail.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 11:53am On Feb 07, 2023
comodo:

My good man Komekn. Applying your law of here and now. Vardy has played 21games with 15 starts. Scored only 2 goals with 2 assists. In here and now principle, is he doing ok If you were a coach, You keep mentioning past 6 seasons. Vardy has lost form. Daka is not up there also, the only option they have is KC and he still kept him on the bench while you keep getting closer to relegation zone. Unless your here and now has clauses.

Deep down he knows when he's talking rubbish. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:54am On Feb 07, 2023
Iheanacho all of a sudden is the next thing close to Messi after one good game 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:56am On Feb 07, 2023
Iwobi

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Iheanacho all of a sudden is the next thing close to Messi after one good game 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

you Alone know what you are saying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 12:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
maidaboi:
you Alone know what you are saying
I tire o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
Deadly combo! Napoli President should give the club's scouting team a healthy bonus for the rest of their lifes. They sabi work.

Koboko99:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
Koboko99:

He isn’t brazillian the last time I checked

Imagine Ajax selling a bozo like Anthony for 100 million ,I want to see how much Napoli will value kvara grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
Victor Osimhen's goal over the weekend is one of the greatest headers in Serie A history.

He reached a height of 258cm for the goal, even better than Ronaldo's famous header (256cm) against Sampdoria in 2019.

Source: Sour Super Eagles

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2023
kingphilip:

I tire o.
u fit die join no be only tire

Ndi oh yes members 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 4:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
IDENNAA:

Those foreigners are killing SE. I can't stand their mediocrity. They have robbed us of our style. Let them go!
I feel your pain about those foreign born,
But pls excuse Iwobi from them.
Iwobi is one of d very few foreign breed that have actually added real quality to d super eagles .
D foreign Born's can not give us what we really want in super eagles though,but u cannot expect any coach to stop calling them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
comodo:

Vardy has been consistent for over a decade and is now loosing form no surprise.

However, KC has been consistently poor apart from one season out of his 6 seasons.

So in the Here and Now l think the Manager has more confidence in Vardy than Daka and KC very simple. You are also dismissive of Daka he has scored 3 goals this season and KC has scored 2

Whether you start a game or come in as a substitute is irrelevant.

In reality coming on as a substitute is probably more advantageous. First of all the larger percentage of goals are scored in the second half of games and a whopping 15% after the 79th minute.

When you come on as substitute you have a higher chance of scoring than if you start statistically speaking.

Essentially when you come in the second half particularly with 20 minutes to go. Teams are now struggling with fatigue are tired loose concentration and are prone to errors.

So this , nonsensical proposition theory propagated by many here has no rational and or substance. That it, if you start a game you will score more goals. It's a load of codswallop and balderdash.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
Napoleon55:

I feel your pain about those foreign born,
But pls excuse Iwobi from them.
Iwobi is one of d very few foreign breed that have actually added real quality to d super eagles .
D foreign Born's can not give us what we really want in super eagles though,but u cannot expect any coach to stop calling them.

Can you tell me what WE REALLY WANT IN THE SUPER EAGLES ❓ in the first instance please , and Ssecondly who is WE ❓❓

Then finally what is difference between Nigerians born outside of Nigeria as opposed to those born in Nigeria please ❓❓❓

The finally finally , please what exactly is the PAIN you are feeling ❓❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2023
andrewbaba44:

How you see my team 😂😂😂

Good football

They are deserved title winners
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
andrewbaba44:

He isn’t brazillian the last time I checked

Imagine Ajax selling a bozo like Anthony for 100 million ,I want to see how much Napoli will value kvara grin
i swear that guy is a real bozo. Even today, I still wondered how United paid almost 100 million for a spinner, Kai.

By the way, Osihmen is United no9 grin And together with his POWERFUL GOALS help propel Man utd to the ZENITH of football where it belongs.

As you can see, it’s our turn wink
Liverpool- cast lipsrsealed
Chelsea- disarray cool
Man city-same pass. Just defend like atletico 👍
Madrid- relapse
Arsenal- Not ready grin
Barca- upcoming. (Good team, but utd will qualify)

Only contender here is Bayern/PSG

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
charlesemeka85:

As in ehn

Me, I just dey observe

Lollll
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
andrewbaba44:

You wan use that Napoli presido play?

He has been seeing the market how English teams have been overpaying for average players

English big boys should better be ready ,because dude won’t even go for 100 million

Teams that can afford osimhen as I speak

Chelsea
Man united
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich

Psg and mancity can also afford him easily ,but they don’t need a striker for now .

Those 4 teams are the 4 potential teams

My first choice for him is Madrid then Bayern or Manchester United

Madrid?? No way

Vinocius is a very selfish player and won't pass to him

Same with rodrygo

Bàyern plays more like a team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 4:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
komekn:

Can you tell me what WE REALLY WANT IN THE SUPER EAGLES ❓ in the first instance please , and Ssecondly who is WE ❓❓

Then finally what is difference between Nigerians born outside of Nigeria as opposed to those born in Nigeria please ❓❓❓

I don't have d strength 4 this argument today ,maybe next time but,
I have nothing against foreign borns ,any foreign breed that can give us real quality like Victor Moses is welcome ,but not d below average ones.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2023
grin
komekn:

It's Idenna's pains, grin
komekn:

It's Idenna's pains,
I merely empathizes with him because we r no longer play the way we use to play,that's all

(1) (2) (3) ... (14215) (14216) (14217) (14218) (14219) (14220) (14221) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Towbaba500(m), charlesemeka85(m), zicky(m), Kingjite1, Friday03, Yachambliss(m), Deee4dammy, do4luv14(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.