Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11723387 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14217) (14218) (14219) (14220) (14221) (14222) (14223) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
Mujtahida:

Actually there's a hustle mentality borne out of the privations of daily life in Nigeria which Nigerians born abroad do not have.

Whether this has an impact on our footballing fortunes with the influx of FB players is what I cannot say.

But home boys get gredie

You need to stop being parochially assumptive. You are making wide scale presumptuous deductions from experience or just prejudice.

Let me ask you , were you born in Nigeria, did you go to school in Nigeria and university as well ❓And so your environmental factors that have formed your core character traits are from Nigeria. ❓❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:49pm On Feb 07, 2023
ManUnited will never sign Oshimen! They would sign either Kane or Vhalohvic! Quote me on this!

Oshimen is going to either PSG OR Chelsea!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 10:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
[quote author=Amedino99 post=120721068]him belle dey face final. Has any Nigerian ever won the cwc ever? Apart from Mikel and Moses I can't think of any other eagle that has played in the final or even won it.[quote]
Mikel, moses
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 10:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
Amedino99:
him belle dey face final. Has any Nigerian ever won the cwc ever? Apart from Mikel and Moses I can't think of any other eagle that has played in the final or even won it.
Mikel, moses

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2023

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:29pm On Feb 07, 2023

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
Nathan Tella with a brace

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:56am On Feb 08, 2023
komekn:

It's not an argument you made several assertions and I ask you to clarify what you have said so we can understand where you are coming from.

Nobody is arguing with you , please give some clarity.

I wouldn't want to b seen as if I'm biased towards foreign borns because I'm not,they r all Nigerians even though some of them rejects us ,I didn't want to say much ,cos I consider it sensitive .

Nevertheless ,here r few things.
We(super eagles true fans) want a never say die Nigeria attitude returned to d team.
That fighting spirit that saw us came back from 2 goals down against Brazil n won d March at Olympic semi finals ,d same happens against Argentina at d Olympic final,and Tunisia '94 final against Zambia .

We want that passion that Sunday Olise even though he was sick but seing that we were losing against Senegal had to took d risk n asked d coach to sub him in,he went in n helped d team to win d game.

We want quality talents that can b able to compete at the highest level ,against top opposition .
We should b aiming to battle against d likes of Netherlands ,Belgium ,England ,Portugal and Croatia without being afraid of losing but to win.
We should also b able to give the likes of Brazil,France ,Germany ,Argentina and Italy a run for their money .
These r d things that comes to my mind first whenever I want to weigh and consider a player for d SEs,can he compete at d highest level?
We want players that is ready to give their all and win us trophies not just to participate .only Osimhen n very few others have this traits now.

So some of these players and the ones u keep suggesting can't give us these.

We also want a defined pattern which we were known 4 returned ,this is d work of a coach anyway .

I'm not in anyway against professionalism but there r certain thins that our home grown can take from d NFF n still performed which d foreign grown can't,
for instance they said that d nff asked the u-20 foreign players to pay 4 their flight tickets n get refund after,but one of d foreign grown refused to come because of this.
I'm not with d nff but d home grown foreign players would gladly pay 4 d flight ticket to make sure he honored d call.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:43am On Feb 08, 2023
Napoleon55:

I wouldn't want to b seen as if I'm biased towards foreign borns because I'm not,they r all Nigerians even though some of them rejects us ,I didn't want to say much ,cos I consider it sensitive .

We(super eagles true fans) want a never say die Nigeria attitude returned to d team.
That fighting spirit that saw us came back from 2 goals down against Brazil n won d March at Olympic semi finals ,d same happens against Argentina at d Olympic final,and Tunisia '94 final against Zambia .

We want that passion that Sunday Olise even though he was sick but seing that we were losing against Senegal had to took d risk n asked d coach to sub him in,he went in n helped d team to win d game.

We want quality talents that can b able to compete at the highest level ,against top opposition .
We should b aiming to battle against d likes of Netherlands ,Belgium ,England ,Portugal and Croatia without being afraid of losing but to win.
We should also b able to give the likes of Brazil,France ,Germany ,Argentina and Italy a run for their money .
These r d things that comes to my mind first whenever I want to weigh and consider a player for d SEs,can he compete at d highest level?
We want players that is ready to give their all and win us trophies not just to participate .only Osimhen n very few others have this traits now.

We also want a defined pattern which we were known 4 returned ,this is d work of a coach anyway .

I'm not in anyway against professionalism but there r certain thins that our home grown can take from d NFF n still performed which d foreign grown can't,
for instance they said that d nff asked the u-20 foreign players to pay 4 their flight tickets n get refund after,but one of d foreign grown refused to come because of this.
I'm not with d nff but d home grown foreign players would gladly pay 4 d flight ticket to make sure he honored d call.
lol, never say die una, for every one Oliseh there’s 10 Okocha. A player that will give his all will do that irrespective of where they are born. What is supreme is a player with excellent abilities plus a very good coach then maybe we wouldn’t have to be coming from 3-1 down against Brazil or concede twice to Argentina or going down by 2 goals at home against Cameroon. All those qualities you mention are things that barely matter in football. That your paying ticket is a lie even if it’s true why do you think local players can’t do it? Why did you think Oliseh almost beat the then sport minister in Mali? If not for money, abeg!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:44am On Feb 08, 2023
Nigerians are in love with mediocrity

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:42am On Feb 08, 2023
Napoleon55:

and also that spirit that made us lose 4-1 to a less talented Danish team in France 98 🥱

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:47am On Feb 08, 2023
Elnino9:

Mikel, moses
yeah just checked it. Mikel did not play in that tournament. Given that he played in the ucl final earlier in the year, I thought he was a part of the Chelsea squad to the cwc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:42am On Feb 08, 2023
komekn:

You need to stop being parochially assumptive. You are making wide scale presumptuous deductions from experience or just prejudice.

Let me ask you , were you born in Nigeria, did you go to school in Nigeria and university as well ❓And so your environmental factors that have formed your core character traits are from Nigeria. ❓❓

Learn to write simple English. Your use of words has a jarring effect on my ears
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2023
Mujtahida:

Learn to write simple English. Your use of words has a jarring effect on my ears

hahahah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:01am On Feb 08, 2023
Mujtahida:

Of a truth Sir do u think had it been Nacho was a foreign born he will be comfortable sitting on Leicester bench? Despite his enormous abilities

Most of our home grown players are not ambitious, the only ambitious that drive them is to make it to Europe once that has been achieved they move into obscurity.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:45am On Feb 08, 2023
humility33:

Of a truth Sir do u think had it been Nacho was a foreign born he will be comfortable sitting on Leicester bench? Despite his enormous abilities

Most of our home grown players are not ambitious, the only ambitious that drive them is to make it to Europe once that has been achieved they move into obscurity.
❤️❤️❤️🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Towbaba500(m): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2023
The only exception so far is victor .
humility33:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:24am On Feb 08, 2023
humility33:

The answer to your question is in your write up...

Ihenacho is not foreign born. So a lot of the money he makes he sends it back to Nigeria. The only thing he will pay for in England will be housing, food, children's school fees e.t.c.

Depending on if he marries a Nigerian or e:uropean, he will likely come back to Nigeria and spend his money unlike Mikel Obi who luckily has a wife who's also has her own millions.

The salary ihenacho gets at Leicester may have exceeded his ambitions and that may be one of the reasons he is comfortable there.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:33am On Feb 08, 2023
Marjoribanks:
ManUnited will never sign Oshimen! They would sign either Kane or Vhalohvic! Quote me on this!

Oshimen is going to either PSG OR Chelsea!

Why will man United never sign osimhen ,you think it’s ole that’s there ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:35am On Feb 08, 2023
Napoleon55:

So some of these players and the ones u keep suggesting can't give us these

First of all the terminology Attitude is dangerously subjective, it's a perceptive variable. Okocha was always smiling when he played some mangers perceive that as bad attitude.

Some of you here have said Victor Moses had a bad attitude. Again that's a negative perception about a person many of you don't know and never will.

Let me tell you I know over 20 Nigeria internationals present and past . And they all confirm that ticket prices never get refunded. It's just the convention and the way things are done in the NFF.

Now because you condone , incompetence and accept corruption and have low expectations, that's your problem. Not the invited players from abroad.

Please don't expect players coming from Europe ,etc to drop the general standards of probity, integrity, and process management. To accomodate, corruption, crass incompetence and unprofessional behaviour because you think it's OK in Nigeria.

First of all players birthed in Europe, doing well do not need the SE to boost thier careers. Players birthed in Nigeria from local football ⚽ desperately need National team recognition to get into Europe.

As a consequence will sign over all their bonuses to NFF officials and sign up with the preferred agents of NFF godfathers. They essentially will do anything and accept anything to JAKPA , that's not honourable but deplorable.

Considering the bold, please name all the players including the ones I keep suggesting please (can't give us these) ❓

Now tell us the Nigerian U20 players that you have compared to the Nigerian origin players birthed in Europe and who are at football clubs in Europe that are not as good as the Nigerian U20 players please ❓❓

Please don't use general terms be specific with names dont be assumptive, you make an assertion back it up with facts , figures and names please.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:47am On Feb 08, 2023
humility33:

Well what I had in mind was not ambitiousness generally as per a player's footballing career.

I was talking about hustling in a match. Hustling such that you never say die. Osimhen has that spirit. Our ex-internationals had it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:52am On Feb 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

Ihenacho is not foreign born. So a lot of the money he makes he sends it back to Nigeria. The only thing he will pay for in England will be housing, food, children's school fees e.t.c.

Depending on if he marries a Nigerian or e:uropean, he will likely come back to Nigeria and spend his money unlike Mikel Obi who luckily has a wife who's also has her own millions.

The salary ihenacho gets at Leicester may have exceeded his ambitions and that may be one of the reasons he is comfortable there.

Your are making very wild assumptions.

What % of Nigerians want to permanently JAKPA from the country ❓❓

Why do you think that KC wants to return to Nigeria and he sends most of his money to a volatile economy. Is that what he told you ❓

Seyi Olofinjana ex Nigerian born international l remember him as a coach in Wolves. He is now Sporting Director at Zurich in Switzerland. Why did he not return to Kwara state ❓

You are way too assumptive

I send considerable amounts of money to Nigeria I have several interests in Nigeria . But I was not born in Nigeria and only went secondary school in Warri. I went to two Russel group universities in England.

So according to you I should have nothing to do with Nigeria, because I was not born there.

Because then born pesin for Burger king EEE no mean say you be Beefburger na.

Bro you need to update you reasoning.

KC will stay at Leicester until his contract expires, nobody is going to pay a largely impotent striker £100k a week. When contract expires he will go anywhere he wants but not on £100k.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:55am On Feb 08, 2023
komekn:

Why do you think that KC wants to return to Nigeria and he sends most of his money to a volatile economy. Is that what he told you ❓

Seyi Olofinjana ex Nigerian born international l remember him as a coach in Wolves. He is now Sporting Director at Zurich in Switzerland. Why did he not return to Kwara state ❓

I send considerable amounts of money to Nigeria I have several interests in Nigeria . But I was not born in Nigeria and only went secondary school in Warri. I went to two Russel group universities in England.

So according to you I should have nothing to do with Nigeria, because I was not born there.

KC will stay at Leicester until his contract expires, nobody is going to pay a largely impotent striker £100k a week. When contract expires he will go anywhere he wants but not on £100k.
thank God your words always turn out false eg Osimhen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:57am On Feb 08, 2023
komekn:

and all your over hype players don't have POTM award to boast LOL hahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:03am On Feb 08, 2023
Mujtahida:

Well what I had in mind was not ambitiousness generally as per a player's footballing career.

I was talking about hustling in a match. Hustling such that you never say die. Osimhen has that spirit. Our ex-internationals had it.

Suffering deh make pesin get another level of sense and determination.

I have never ever seen a players with a never say die attitude, that plays with a ferocious blind rage like a samurai warrior ready to win or commit hara- Kiri.

He plays like someone possessed he refuses to be beaten and will overcome greater odds not by technical ability but sheer IF NA DIE WE GO DIE TODAY, every game is a blood curdling WAR.

That cannot be coached it's a mentality that no other player in the SE has, he is unique in that .

Thats not Hustle that's Relentless obsessive will power to overcome, against all odds.

VO is absolutely alone in that mentality nobody comes near him for that, he is a football ⚽ terrorist.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:04am On Feb 08, 2023
maidaboi:
and all your over hype players don't have POTM award to boast LOL hahaha

Please no vex quarrel no deh .

Please name them na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:08am On Feb 08, 2023
maidaboi:
thank God your words always turn out false eg Osimhen

Please quote my words that turned out false , my past posts are there.

Please it's not hard .

Otherwise bad belle go give ulcer with your bitterness, because the truth is so painful to you.

I quote myself 5 years ago.

He needs to drop to a lower league and or Bundisliga 2, reinvent himself learn and develop then progress and move upwards. He has effectively taken my advice because that's exactly what he did.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:17am On Feb 08, 2023
komekn:

I have never ever seen a players with a never say die attitude, that plays with a ferocious blind rage like a samurai warrior ready to win or commit hara- Kiri.

He plays like someone possessed he refuses to be beaten and will overcome greater odds not by technical ability but sheer IF NA DIE WE GO DIE TODAY, every game is a blood curdling WAR.

That cannot be coached it's a mentality that no other player in the SE has, he is unique in that .

Thats not Hustle that's Relentless obsessive will power to overcome, against all odds.

VO is absolutely alone in that mentality nobody comes near him for that, he is a football ⚽ terrorist.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:44am On Feb 08, 2023
Mujtahida:

My diction is simplistic stop EVADING the question.

You made several assumptions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
komekn:

Oga you cannot hustle if you don't have a never say die attitude.

Well, in the past we had players like Oliseh who was sick during Afcon 2000 in our match against Senegal, he had to come in regardless and fought for our victory, players like Taribo (it was said that he hated losing) players like Amokachi who was called the bull, players like Rashidi. We had relentless players who played with grit and determination. Football especially playing for Nigeria was like battle for them. It's no longer so. Whether the FB have anything to do with it, is what - I repeat - I do not know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
komekn:

First of all the terminology Attitude is dangerously subjective, it's a perceptive variable. Okocha was always smiling when he played some mangers perceive that as bad attitude.

Some of you here have said Victor Moses had a bad attitude. Again that's a negative perception about a person many of you don't know and never will.

Let me tell you I know over 20 Nigeria internationals present and past . And they all confirm that ticket prices never get refunded. It's just the convention and the way things are done in the NFF.

Now because you condone , incompetence and accept corruption and have low expectations, that's your problem. Not the invited players from abroad.

Please don't expect players coming from Europe ,etc to drop the general standards of probity, integrity, and process management. To accomodate, corruption, crass incompetence and unprofessional behaviour because you think it's OK in Nigeria.

First of all players birthed in Europe, doing well do not need the SE to boost thier careers. Players birthed in Nigeria from local football ⚽ desperately need National team recognition to get into Europe.

As a consequence will sign over all their bonuses to NFF officials and sign up with the preferred agents of NFF godfathers. They essentially will do anything and accept anything to JAKPA , that's not honourable but deplorable.

Considering the bold, please name all the players including the ones I keep suggesting please (can't give us these) ❓

Now tell us the Nigerian U20 players that you have compared to the Nigerian origin players birthed in Europe and who are at football clubs in Europe that are not as good as the Nigerian U20 players please ❓❓

Please don't use general terms be specific with names dont be assumptive, you make an assertion back it up with facts , figures and names please.

I do not condone incompetence nor accept corruption ,u can go back n read it again where I wrote that I'm not support of nff in what they do,
I just used that flight ticket issue to highlight d difference between home grown n their foreign counterparts .

Any player that have d talent and those qualities needdd in SE to dominate is welcomed irrespective where u were born.
But bear in mind we do not expect NFF to change anytime soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

You're right.. Recall when Oscar moved to China and he got a lot of sticks for it..But guy man made it clear that he needed money to take care of his family back home.. Even Moises Caceido early this transfer window wrote publicly to Brighton to allow him leave, mentioning that he needed to care for his family..
In truth, most footballers from developing countries are into the sport to make money.. they may have the passion, but at times the desire to make money outweighs the passion..

(1) (2) (3) ... (14217) (14218) (14219) (14220) (14221) (14222) (14223) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joezinho, opes, AndSunGorilla and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.