Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,642 members, 7,865,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:05 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11958873 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14266) (14267) (14268) (14269) (14270) (14271) (14272) ... (16373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
Update: You need a godfather to play in Eagles - Ex Footballer Throws Bomb🇳🇬🙆

A Former Flying Eagles defender, Kennedy Chinwo has opened a can of worms after he revealed that having footballing talent is not enough for a player to play in the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

He argued that any such player without having a strong godfather is going nowhere.

The world cup Silver 🏅 medalist made this revelation in an interview with Brila FM.

“It is the dream of every player to play for the Super Eagles. However, playing in the senior national team won’t just come easy. You need a godfather to play in the Eagles. But if you don’t have, no matter your talent, you won’t be able to play.

“A few of the players who I feel should have been in the Super Eagles despite their talent were not given a chance to play in the team.”

NB: Chinwo was part of the Samson Siasia-led Flying Eagles that lost at the finals of the FIFA U-20 World Cup to Argentina in 2005 in Netherlands.

Nigerians has since been reacting to the assertions of the former footballer.

#NPFLUpdates

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
Napoleon55:

He is now angry with himself and everything around him,I will still ask u one important question when ur head settle because ur head is boiling with irrationality
Oh yes member you are sighted 🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:18pm On Feb 24, 2023
Napoleon55:

For now,he is in la liga 2, tomorrow he may b in la liga, unless u r God who knows tomorrow.

There r players who r less talented playings in better leagues.
Football is not all about talent,there other things which can make or Mar ur success as a player.

Is not easy to make it to d top as a footballer,is even more difficult to make it as a black African.
Free Nwakali now that he is down,he might as well bounce back to ur reckoning,if he doesn't,he has paid his own little dues.

If u consider how many talented players out there out there justling to make it to d same top clubs,u guys will take easy with those who r yet to make it to d top

#free Nwakali
#leave Nwakali alone on this thread,let him concentrate and re-invent himself
you watch too much asaba low budget movies 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And for your info nwakali is not down but at his best since he left the shores of Africa about 7 years ago and where his best could get him to is laliga 2 in a relegation threatened and financial unstable club

Water don find em level abeg 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:

A Former Flying Eagles defender, Kennedy Chinwo has opened a can of worms after he revealed that having footballing talent is not enough for a player to play in the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

He argued that any such player without having a strong godfather is going nowhere.

The world cup Silver 🏅 medalist made this revelation in an interview with Brila FM.

“It is the dream of every player to play for the Super Eagles. However, playing in the senior national team won’t just come easy. You need a godfather to play in the Eagles. But if you don’t have, no matter your talent, you won’t be able to play.

“A few of the players who I feel should have been in the Super Eagles despite their talent were not given a chance to play in the team.”

NB: Chinwo was part of the Samson Siasia-led Flying Eagles that lost at the finals of the FIFA U-20 World Cup to Argentina in 2005 in Netherlands.

#NPFLUpdates

Can of worms is an understatement.

Tanker of worms is justified. We are not ready for exposing of what goes on behind the scenes, most especially as 9/10 would be waiting for one media house to carry the story, forgetting that even the media houses themselves get stories via backstage people.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2023
Mujtahida:

No data on the effect of long ball. Finito

You are better than this.
You have been given two instances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
Blueelf:

What he said is true

If Nwakali was as good as some say he is, why is he still in the segunda?

Clubs ought to be asking for him..even if na ligue 1 and bundeliga low tear teams

Why not English championship at least. MIkel at 36 wa still highly rated at middlesborough, a champions league side

Is it until Nwakali enter spanish division 3 before una eyes go clear
My own is not wether he is good or not good,but for some of u who r so eager to condemn n conclude that someone at 24 can never make it to d top again to understand that it's not over until it's over.
That he never made it does not necessarily meant that he is not talented,we all saw him as a youth player,that he may still bounce back to reckoning. Anyone who disagree, that his or her own problem.
And that those who made it on time r not necessarily better than those who r yet to make it to top club,all good players cannot b at d top club at d same time.there is a time for everyone to make a big leap.
Now if u disagree,does warrant an insult?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
Many of those supporting and hyping nwakali is not because of how good the lad hv been but because of those championing the hype and his recall to the national team with notion that he is the messiah long waited to savage the bad state of the current super eagles

They dare not ask those championing the course their reason for making case for a laliga 2 midfielder as the messiah of the team nor oppose them

I know all of them and the main reason why I tag them “Ndi oh yes members” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
Napoleon55:

My own is not wether he is good or not good,but for some of u who r so eager to condemn n conclude that someone at 24 can never make it to d top again to understand that it's not over until it's over.
That he never made it does not necessarily meant that he is not talented,we all saw him as a youth player,that he may still bounce back to reckoning. Anyone who disagree, that his or her own problem.
And that those who made it on time r necessarily better than those who r yet to make it to top club,all good players cannot b at d top club at d same time.there is a time for everyone to make a big leap.
too much asaba low budget movies don finish your mentality 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

As a footballer nwakali ought to be at his peak at the ripe age of 24 (will be 25 this year) and if he aren’t playing top flight football at his best and most productive season as a pro in europe then he is not good as hyped here

Talent no dey hide and if he is as good as painted here by you and your cohorts scouts from bigger leagues and clubs in europe won’t hesitate to snap him up from the lower rugs of Spanish football

I doubt if he’s buyout clause even reach 500k euros so price no go be issue. Bigger club reps can pay that amount from their wallet no need of going to the bank 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If gent can scout and sign Gift Orban from Norway 2nd tier then I see no reach no scout haven’t fished out nor recommend nwakali from laliga 2 atleast to clubs from France,Germany,Holland or even Belgian top flight

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2023
Victor Osimhen really has Serie A in a chokehold this season ⚡

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by toluxe0075: 2:48pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
lol this one is becoming emotional

Baba no be by Favour nor sentiment, if nwakali merits to play in a top league he would hv been there since so no worry us with your emotional and sentimental trash 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Napoleon55 is actually right.

Becoming a top player and playing at the top level of football after under age tourney is not as easy as we make it look, especially for Africans.

Most clubs don’t trust talents from Africa. Football agents also tend to undervalue or exploit Africa talents.

Only Europeans and South Americans seem to have it easy with the European clubs. But a closer look still shows that many of these talented South Americans and European players would still face serious challenges to break out as a top football player.

If we take a deeper look at the journey of all of our top talents that came from the u-17 tourneys, we would see that they all had it rough. Iheanacho, Osimhen, Chukwueze, Awoniyi all struggle at the early stage of their career. If not for determination and strong OT, Awoniyi and Osimhen could have been in the same situation as Nwakali.

I think we should free Nwakali on this thread at this point and pray he finds his bearing. I won’t be surprised if he reads most of the thing we write about him on this thread. I hope it motivates him to do better. The truth is, there many players not as good as him playing football at the various top European clubs. All he need is the opportunity to prove himself.

Hopefully, he finds a better club soon where he would prove his worth.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
toluxe0075:

Napoleon55 is actually right.

Becoming a top player and playing at the top level of football after under age tourney is not as easy as we make it look, especially for Africans.

Most clubs don’t trust talents from Africa. Football agents also tend to undervalue or exploit Africa talents.

Only Europeans and South Americans seem to have it easy with the European clubs. But a closer look still shows that many of these talented South Americans and European players would still face serious challenges to break out as a top football player.

If we take a deeper look at the journey of all of our top talents that came from the u-17 tourneys, we would see that they all had it rough. Iheanacho, Osimhen, Chukwueze, Awoniyi all struggle at the early stage of their career. If not for determination and strong OT, Awoniyi and Osimhen could have been in the same situation as Nwakali.

I think we should free Nwakali on this thread at this point and pray he finds his bearing. I won’t be surprised if he reads most of the thing we write about him on this thread. I hope it motivates him to do better. The truth is, there many players not as good as him playing football at the various top European clubs. All he need is the opportunity to prove himself.

Hopefully, he finds a better club soon where he would prove his worth.

I think osimhen ,chukwueze,iheanacho,ndidi,success etc that made it from our national youth teams to top leagues in europe are all Europeans

Mk una continue dey dwell own pity,emotions and sentiment instead of facing fact

I don’t mention nwakali without any provocation by seeing stats or post trying to make me believe that he is the best midfielder we can boast of in europe and deserves a place in the super eagles by exaggerating his talent and skill set

You better channel your advise to thegoodjoe and others not me

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:58pm On Feb 24, 2023
Imagine players like Zimbabwe’s Nakamba don play for epl and we still dey here dey hype a player stuck in Spanish laliga 2 as the best throng to happen to our midfield 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:58pm On Feb 24, 2023
benji93:
Can you separate Guardiola from Cruyff? cheesy grin.
Can you seprate Guardiola from Van Gaal?

You can't really separate anybody from anybody they've interacted with, cos you would have learned something from them. Bad or good.
I have no idea why you use some of these arguments. Barely useful.

You can't separate @GoodJoe from @charlesemeka85 of nairaland. grin grin . Such a profound argument.

At the end, trying to equate Tiki taka to Xavi and dissociate Ten Hag from it was a mistake by you. Learn and continue learning.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Oh yes member you are sighted 🤣🤣🤣
Komkn minions members association well represented

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Imagine players like Zimbabwe’s Nakamba don play for epl and we still dey here dey hype a player stuck in Spanish laliga 2 as the best throng to happen to our midfield 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yet, you have nothing to add.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:02pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Victor Osimhen really has Serie A in a chokehold this season ⚡

Yes. Osimhen keeps proving you wrong. Your wishes for him to fail did not work. Now your celebrating him to hide your pains.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:04pm On Feb 24, 2023
Napoleon55:

And that those who made it on time r not necessarily better than those who r yet to make it to top club,all good players cannot b at d top club at d same time.there is a time for everyone to make a big leap.

Stop bothering yourself.

What matters is for Kelechi Nwakali to keep putting his shifts. I still believe he can make it. He still has time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Yes. Osimhen keeps proving you wrong. Your wishes for him to fail did not work. Now your celebrating him to hide your pains.
grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 3:32pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
enter bush. You jumped into conclusion because of mere YouTube clip when you are yet to watch the onyedika play before to knw if actually he posses the same playing style as Bernado Silva 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The way some of you display your uncultured manner in the name of football discussion is quite pathetic.

I replied to a post made by another user, no mention of your moniker, suddenly you jumped from nowhere to show me how abusive you are.

I can only encourage you to continue.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

my wish for Victor to fail?😳

I never knew you are into hard drugs 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2023
lloydtruth:

The way some of you display your uncultured manner in the name of football discussion is quite pathetic.

I replied to a post made by another user, no mention of your moniker, suddenly you jumped from nowhere to show me how abusive you are.

I can only encourage you to continue.
by supporting the notion that onyedika is similar to Bernardo Silva after watching onyedika’s YouTube clips?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Enter toilet bingo if you have nothing tangible to contribute here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
my wish for Victor to fail?😳

I never knew you are into hard drugs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I know it hurts. Osimhen who you wanted to fail at 18 is now one of the best players in the world.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:51pm On Feb 24, 2023
When men were boys.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I know it hurts. Osimhen who you wanted to fail at 18 is now one of the best players in the world.
I wanted him to fail at 18 or that I never rated him when he was at wolfsuburg?

Not rating someone at a point in his career and wanting him to fail are they the same? Na like this be say u Dey intelligent?

It’s a shame that at your old age you still do hard drugs 🤣🤣🤣

I once had so much respect and regard for you here but I now realize you are nothing but a crack head 🤣🤣🤣

Smokie 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:55pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I wanted him to fail at 18 or that I never rated him when he was at wolfsuburg?

Not rating someone at a point in his career and wanting him to fail are they the same? Na like this be say u Dey intelligent?

It’s a shame that at your old age you still do hard drugs 🤣🤣🤣

I once had so much respect and regard for you here but I now realize you are nothing but a crack head 🤣🤣🤣

Smokie 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why not wait to see if he is good or wish him well, why not rate Osimhen if not that you wished him not to do well.

It pains seeing Osimhen shine. Chai.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:57pm On Feb 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Why not wait to see if he is good or wish him well, why not rate Osimhen if not that you wished him not to do well.

It pains seeing Osimhen shine. Chai.
yes it hurts me so much seeing him shine to an extend that I want him in my beloved Manchester United

Blue font demon abi crack head 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 3:58pm On Feb 24, 2023
No be only tiki taka na tik tok. cheesy grin There's no mistake. Ten Hag doesn't use tik-tok. He spanked one. Very simple.

Na you make mistake with your useless 'separation' argument. grin. How do you cook these stuffs? I beg you don't do that again. Unbelievable somebody.
TheGoodJoe:

At the end, trying to equate Tiki taka to Xavi and dissociate Ten Hag from it was a mistake by you. Learn and continue learning.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 4:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
Don't tell me this was under 17. Shame no even dey catch you to post am. cheesy grin. Number 18 must have had a couple of kids at that time. But to be honest it was a young squad overall. Just not 17 though. cheesy grin
TheGoodJoe:
When men were boys.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2023
benji93:
Don't tell me this was under 17. Shame no even dey catch you to post am.

As usual. No point made.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2023
benji93:
No be only tiki taka na tik tok. cheesy grin There's no mistake. Ten Hag doesn't use tik-tok. He spanked one. Very simple.

Na you make mistake with your useless 'separation' argument. grin. How do you cook these stuffs? I beg you don't do that again. Unbelievable somebody.

No point made as usual.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:

#NPFLUpdates
Haha, person wey im talent no reach dey complain. Truth is, only a few deserving players have been left out of the SE over time. Questionable omissions in my opinion have been Sone Aluko, Ajagun, Ike Uche, Kayode, Raheem Lawal when they were in their prime. I won't list Osaze and Martin's because Keshi dropped them because of ego issues.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Haha, person wey im talent no reach dey complain. Truth is, only a few deserving players have been left out of the SE over time. Questionable omissions in my opinion have been Sone Aluko, Ajagun, Ike Uche, Kayode, Raheem Lawal when they were in their prime. I won't list Osaze and Martin's because Keshi dropped them because of ego issues.
Taiwo, imoh Ezekiel

(1) (2) (3) ... (14266) (14267) (14268) (14269) (14270) (14271) (14272) ... (16373) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Giv3n, Sugarboyy(m), elyte89, do4luv14(m), tomsniel(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.