Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11709586 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14275) (14276) (14277) (14278) (14279) (14280) (14281) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2023
Rivers down to 10 men 42 min played
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:47pm On Feb 26, 2023
Bruno with an assist for boavista

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2023
CAF CC
Half time
Pembe 0 Rivers 0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2023
Lookman start for Atalanta against AC Milan

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:05pm On Feb 26, 2023
Philosopher1979:

The time us right! Victor Osimhen should go to Manchester United. Ten hag is creating a winning team and he will fit in. His combination with rasfird antony etc will be out of this world.
THE TIME IS NOW!!!!
noooo they said he should remain at Naples because em fit flop for England as lukaku did when he left inter for Chelsea 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:11pm On Feb 26, 2023
Rivers United take the lead playing one man down

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 10:00pm On Feb 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Rivers United take the lead playing one man down

Incredible rivers United have won the match.
This is what will make home based players win the respect of everybody. By doing well in international and intercontinental competitions and doing well in europe.
Also when they get to the national team they should do a sunday mba and prove everybody wrong.
Success attracts and does not hide. And u have to prove it.
The player tgat gave the assist for morocco goal against portugal is from the moroccan league.
They just have to be excellent. It is excell8 that attracts national team invitations and integration. Nobody likes mediocrity

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2023
Meliforme:

The invitation of Eze and Olise will not end the clamour for Nwakali.
Nwakali is a better midfielder than Eze and Olise.

Eze and Olise are best suited for wing play. As far as our midfield is concerned, those guys have no place.

I even prefer Olise to Eze.

I will not say you are illiterate nonetheless, you simply have no idea.

I was going to post a few videos of Olise and Eze to give some of indication of their mercurial and unique talent.

But I cannot find any videos in recent times of anything about Nwakali, too many of Eze and Olise. I guess it's because they have too much in thier skill set to rely on long ball.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2023
Napoleon55:

Oga, before a player end up in best club n league,he must have played somewhere else.
Prior to playing in best club,does that make them inferior players.
Don't u think that a good national coach can scout out some of those players before the best clubs n integrates them into d team especially in d area where a talent is lacking.

U won't think now,next thing u will start throwing delusional up and down

Usually exceptional players are noticed at a young age and very quickly climb the ladder upwards.

When a player has spent his entire career of 8 years in MEDIOCRITY as Nwakali has . You look for players who are progressing not failing.

If you are outstanding in your league you will get noticed. Fisayo is playing in league one but wanted by top teams.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 11:23pm On Feb 26, 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:16am On Feb 27, 2023
Jordan Nwora was traded to the Indiana Pacers. I actually watched them last night and he was balling out of control. He will definitely get more playing time with them.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:06am On Feb 27, 2023
Meliforme:

The invitation of Eze and Olise will not end the clamour for Nwakali.
Nwakali is a better midfielder than Eze and Olise.

Eze and Olise are best suited for wing play. As far as our midfield is concerned, those guys have no place.

I even prefer Olise to Eze.
I don’t want to talk much about Eze and Olise cos they are not Nigerians but having them would be massive.Nwakili I watched today against Las palmas need better club,playing in Segunda will not help himi.I just wish the young man get better club next season.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:28am On Feb 27, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Jordan Nwora was traded to the Indiana Pacers. I actually watched them last night and he was balling out of control. He will definitely get more playing time with them.
Jordan Nwora has everything to be great cus he learned the game very early with good tutelage from his father Alex Nwora.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:02am On Feb 27, 2023
Kog45:
I don’t want to talk much about Eze and Olise cos they are not Nigerians but having them would be massive.Nwakili I watched today against Las palmas need better club,playing in Segunda will not help himi.I just wish the young man get better club next season.

Are you Nigerian ❓

What makes you Nigerian and them not please ❓

First of better players get better clubs and poor players get poor clubs. All the nonsensical hype and down right misinformation cannot take away his poor level.

I'll say it again the standard of Ponferradina is too low, I truly believe without due respect that Brendel insurance will flog them silly. So why are we not talking about Midfielders in Bendel insurance❓

Ponferradina FC played Las Palmas the top team in the Segunda division.

The lost 2-Las Palmas 0 the statistics show how poor the team is as well as Nwakali . That's not a problem but how they lost 21 shots by Las Palmas only 2 bu Ponferradina FC.

The midfield meastreo Nwakali had the second to the last worst player rating. His team had 22% possession compared to 72% , how is that possible were they all asleep

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:33am On Feb 27, 2023
komekn:

Are you Nigerian ❓

First of better players get better clubs and poor players get poor clubs. All the nonsensical hype and down right misinformation cannot take away his poor level.

I'll say it again the standard of Ponferradina is too low, I truly believe without due respect that Brendel insurance will flog them silly. So why are we not talking about Midfielders in Bendel insurance❓

The lost 2-Las Palmas 0 the statistics show how poor the team is as well as Nwakali . That's not a problem but how they lost 21 shots by Las Palmas only 2 bu Ponferradina FC.

The midfield meastreo Nwakali had the second to the last worst player rating. His team had 22% possession compared to 72% , how is that possible were they all asleep
Yes until Eze and Olise put on GWG then they are Nigerian....Bukayo Saka and Tammy Abraham stopped me from calling them Naija o

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 27, 2023
komekn:

Are you Nigerian ❓

Nwakali disappears in games against the top teams in segunda liga, but shines against teams in the same level as his club.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 6:50am On Feb 27, 2023
komekn:

Are you Nigerian ❓

in the context of the thread and Nigerian football you know exactly what it means if a player is called non Nigerian. No dey use English disgrace yourself.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 6:59am On Feb 27, 2023
komekn:

Are you Nigerian ❓

the team's performance was bad generally but there was really no need to lie about his rating.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:08am On Feb 27, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Definitely.. and considering that the Pacers aren't that much of a big franchise,there's room for him to grow.. I'd have preferred he goes to the Kings though...they play the kind of ball that suit him...no pressure on defense grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:29am On Feb 27, 2023
moffi is a clinical finisher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7dnBVZ2j8U

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2023
Contrary to reports in a section of the local media, seven-time African champions Nigeria will not be facing Congo in the quarterfinals of the 2023 Africa U20 Cup of Nations.

By virtue of finishing first in Group B of the ongoing tournament in Egypt, Uganda set up a meeting with the Flying Eagles, the second-placed team in Group A, at the Cairo International Stadium, Cairo on Friday, March 3, 2023.

The Confederation of African Football conducted the drawing of lots on Sunday evening to determine the top two teams in Group B and the move was necessary because Uganda and Congo were level on five points each with an identical goal difference at the top of the group.

The Hippos of Uganda were drawn first which gives them first place in the group and Congo secured second place.

Five-time CECAFA U-20 Championship winners, Uganda reached the final in their maiden appearance at the U20 AFCON in 2021 but did not represent Africa at the World Cup because the tournament was canceled by FIFA due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Flying Eagles finished second in Group A of the U20 AFCON with six points after winning their group games against Egypt and Mozambique.

Group A winners Senegal will face the third ranked country in Group C and Congo will meet the Group C runners-up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2023
Kog45:
Yes until Eze and Olise put on GWG then they are Nigerian....Bukayo Saka and Tammy Abraham stopped me from calling them Naija o

So the bases of being Nigerian is playing for the SE.

Tammy and Saka could both have Nigerian passports and you will say they are not Nigerian.

I expected a higher level of maturity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2023
Blueelf:
moffi is a clinical finisher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7dnBVZ2j8U

Moffi is the best Clinical finisher in the Super Eagles. I think I mentioned it once here already. I'm almost certain he had the best chance/goal ratio of any of our strikers. He had challenges with first few games with nice cause they weren't creating chances for him. Now that it seems it's been sorted? We should just expect more goals from him.

Funny thing too is, Nice may just make it to Europe too. They are in course to do that. If that happens then we were all wrong initially about the transfer to Nice.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2023
Amedino99:
the team's performance was bad generally but there was really no need to lie about his rating.

There are several online match ratings all with different appraisals.

I can say you Lied too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2023
komekn:

Tammy and Saka could both have Nigerian passports and you will say they are not Nigerian.

What part of "in the context of football" do you not understand?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2023
lovewins:

Moffi is the best Clinical finisher in the Super Eagles. I think I mentioned it once here already. I'm almost certain he had the best chance/goal ratio of any of our strikers. He had challenges with first few games with nice cause they weren't creating chances for him. Now that it seems it's been sorted? We should just expect more goals from him.

Funny thing too is, Nice may just make it to Europe too. They are in course to do that. If that happens then we were all wrong initially about the transfer to Nice.

Yes

He reminds me of a prime Yakubu Aiyegbei in terms of finishing

He is better finisher than osimhen.

To me, finishing is osimhen's greatest weakness

He could've scored hat-triks in hi last two matches if he had finished his chances

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:41pm On Feb 27, 2023
komekn:

Okay they are Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:54pm On Feb 27, 2023
komekn:

There are several online match ratings all with different appraisals.

I can say you Lied too.
this is another account of the match ratings. You know no other site supports your bogus claim that is why you brought the same pic again.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2023
Amedino99:
this is another account of the match ratings. You know no other site supports your bogus claim that is why you brought the same pic again.
The site you posted is over 10... the one he posted is over 5

so it's literally the same thing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:33pm On Feb 27, 2023
lovewins:

2 goals and 1 assist, wonderment!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

2 goals and 1 assist, wonderment!!!!!

It could have easily been 3 goals. There was another long ball that was sent his way in the second half. He swiftly brought it down and hit the ball with precision. But for the goalkeeper's excellent save it would have been a hat trick

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2023
Amedino99:

Just to point out, Pimienta, coach of Las Palmas is highly rated by Barcelona. Got hi Barca B side playing one brilliant stuff. Some sees him as another Guardiola in the making.

He made Pderi famous at Las Palmas that made Barcelona sign him.

So it is normal for them to dominate Nwakali's club in that manner due to their philosophy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14275) (14276) (14277) (14278) (14279) (14280) (14281) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: johnjunior39(m), jihday(m), elyte89, aicon4s and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.