Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11711394 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14276) (14277) (14278) (14279) (14280) (14281) (14282) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2023
Danielnino00:

Definitely.. and considering that the Pacers aren't that much of a big franchise,there's room for him to grow.. I'd have preferred he goes to the Kings though...they play the kind of ball that suit him...no pressure on defense grin grin

He definitely would find it hard to play on that Kings side. The players in his position have been doing really well, overperforming sef. Pacers are not in a big market but they are a storied side and they always stay competitive. I think everything about the organisation suits Jordan. They have young stars and he can show off the championship leadership he has learned from Giannis and Jrue Holiday. That trade was a miracle because this was basically the perfect destination.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2023
Rivers United vs Motema Pembe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fw3vjDB9wY

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:51pm On Feb 27, 2023
Kog45:
Jordan Nwora has everything to be great cus he learned the game very early with good tutelage from his father Alex Nwora.

Yes exactly. I wish his dad had like 2 more boys so they could be like Nigerian ball brothers grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:00pm On Feb 27, 2023
Kog45:
Okay they are Nigerians.
No,they r fake and half Nigerians,don't let the man k swelve your words.
If they r true Nigerians,they should b bold enough to represent and fight for their fatherland
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:07pm On Feb 27, 2023
Amedino99:
in the context of the thread and Nigerian football you know exactly what it means if a player is called non Nigerian. No dey use English disgrace yourself.

Then what you have presented is bigoted and double standard.

Because you create two standards one for Nigerians born and or brought up outside Nigeria.

Then another for players born and brought up in Nigeria. That's a bigoted hypocritical double standard.

The term Nigerian was used generally and you cannot use it specifically. Considering that not all Nigerian origin players can play for Nigeria as some are simply not good enough.

So effectively as a football player brought up outside Nigeria, until you play for Nigeria you are not a Nigerian.

By implication a prejudiced discriminatory unit of measurement is created, which is, until you play for Nigeria you are not Nigerian That's rubbish to be honest.

And please, No use English colobee urself

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2023
Update: Nigeria-English Playmaker, Eseosa Sule, Ends A Decade Stint With Celtic To Join WestBromich Albion 🇳🇬🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿💪🏿

The teenager(Middle) just last year signed a professional contract with Celtic, bit has now divorced the former Scottish Champions for the WestMidland Stripes.

The 16-year-old according to reports is Keen on representing Nigeria at the international level if they come calling💪🏿

Big Congratulations to him 💐

#NPFLUpdates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

He definitely would find it hard to play on that Kings side. The players in his position have been doing really well, overperforming sef. Pacers are not in a big market but they are a storied side and they always stay competitive. I think everything about the organisation suits Jordan. They have young stars and he can show off the championship leadership he has learned from Giannis and Jrue Holiday. That trade was a miracle because this was basically the perfect destination.

Keegan Murray is the starting small forward for the Kings and he averages 12ppg, although it's understandable since he is a rookie. Nwora as a starter averages up to 20ppg. I'm pretty sure he will find space in the Kings squad... But Indiana is a good place too for him.. they have a promising young core in Haliburton, Mathurin and Nembhard... It should be interesting...

Meanwhile, we lost the world cup ticket....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2023
Napoleon55:

No,they r fake and half Nigerians,don't let the man k swelve your words.
If they r true Nigerians,they should b bold enough to represent and fight for their fatherland
Oga Napoleon,man no dey get time for unnecessary epistles on Simple matter that’s cleared...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:39pm On Feb 27, 2023
Amedino99:
this is another account of the match ratings. You know no other site supports your bogus claim that is why you brought the same pic again.

One online site made a deduction another made a different deduction.

So which is bogus the one that supports your view it mine.

In reality it's inconsequential because the league is poorly and lacking quality. So the indices do not highlight quality by comparison just in relation to the two teams playing in the Segunda division.

It doesn't matter whether all the players get a 9.9 ➕ rating it's anchored ⚓ on poor quality playerseand football.

Las Palmas is the top team of Segundo division and Ponferradina is in the relegation zone. How is it possible to play a game and Ponferradina FC had 22% possession and had one shot in the whole match compared to 13 shots by Las Palmas fc.

It's abysmal statistics with regards to Ponferradina and a reflection of very poor quality.

I'm my informed and non biased objective opinion. I may have overestimated the quality of Segundo division top level.

Because I really can't see Las Palmas beating Sheffield Wednesday from English league one. For context Sheffield Wednesday have not been beaten in 20 league games have the best defensive records among all the league divisions in England.

Will we now say that Sheffield Wednesday players are now EPL level not at all. Irrespective of the fact they beat Newcastle United in the cup .

A clip of Las Palmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfdDO4Nc76c

A clip of Sheffield Wednesday and for those who like long ball see the number of long accurate ball's in each game. Which of these two league are more proficient at long ball ❓

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBDzmbMuUxs

For further context Sheffield Wednesday against Newcastle United in the Cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBZ0LcaLEMs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:42pm On Feb 27, 2023
komekn:

Then what you have presented is bigoted and double standard.

Because you create two standards one for Nigerians born and or brought up outside Nigeria.

Then another for players born and brought up in Nigeria. That's a bigoted hypocritical double standard.

The term Nigerian was used generally and you cannot use it specifically. Considering that not all Nigerian origin players can play for Nigeria as some are simply not good enough.

So effectively as a football player brought up outside Nigeria, until you play for Nigeria you are not a Nigerian.

By implication a prejudiced discriminatory unit of measurement is created, which is, until you play for Nigeria you are not Nigerian That's rubbish to be honest.

And please, No use English colobee urself
no be your fault, na me wey dey engage you Bleep up. Iru re oni wayemo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2023
Nice goal by Samu Chukwueze

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 10:08pm On Feb 27, 2023
Chukwueze with a goal and an assist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:10pm On Feb 27, 2023
Samu has turned this game on its head. Goal and assist

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:53pm On Feb 27, 2023
Amedino99:
no be your fault, na me wey dey engage you Bleep up. Iru re oni wayemo

Ogbon mi ti poju fun opolo kekere re.🧠

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 12:33am On Feb 28, 2023
Hakimi listed among FIFA world 11. Omo, it will be hard for anyone to dethrone him on the Caf award after what marocco achieved

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:59am On Feb 28, 2023
BannedLarge:
Hakimi listed among FIFA world 11. Omo, it will be hard for anyone to dethrone him on the Caf award after what marocco achieved

Watch and see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 7:09am On Feb 28, 2023
Joy to see Chukwueze now dribbling on the inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG77OHVQohs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:13am On Feb 28, 2023
do4luv14:

Watch and see

No b only watch and see…this one na common sense, a player make fifa 1st 11 and u expect someone who didn’t make it to win d award over a player who made it?

Another point is,he’s even from non speaking English country and na wetin caf like b dt😎
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 7:13am On Feb 28, 2023
One of my favorite player songs ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMJJcI3l47c

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:06am On Feb 28, 2023
BannedLarge:

Shebi I talk am, th talk say I dey negative

Hakim will win CAF player of the year and there's nothing osimhen will do this season that can change the outcome

Next time, our players will take national assignments seriously

Cc andrewbaba44, I told you didn't I?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:08am On Feb 28, 2023
elyte89:

No b only watch and see…this one na common sense, a player make fifa 1st 11 and u expect someone who didn’t make it to win d award over a player who made it?

Another point is,he’s even from non speaking English country and na wetin caf like b dt😎

Bros,na sentiments no go allow people believe the truth

I said it that Nigeria not making the Workd cup and Morocco advancing to the semis will be Hakimis edge over victory

A Moroccan must win it. They deserve it for making it that far.

Our players that view national assignments as chore will learn a very hard lesson
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:23am On Feb 28, 2023
Blueelf:

Hakim will win CAF player of the year and there's nothing osimhen will do this season that can change the outcome

What if Napoli wins the UCL?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:25am On Feb 28, 2023
Blueelf:

Bros,na sentiments no go allow people believe the truth

I said it that Nigeria not making the Workd cup and Morocco advancing to the semis will be Hakimis edge over victory

A Moroccan must win it. They deserve it for making it that far.

Our players that view national assignments as chore will learn a very hard lesson
But Nigeria did not deserve it when we won the Afcon LOL

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:29am On Feb 28, 2023
maidaboi:

Firstly, napoli can't win the UCL. E sure for me.i can shake 100k on it

Secondly, an African country reaching FIFA semi is greater in CAF's eyes than an European club winning the UCL

Osimhen should just work towards next year's caf award. This year's own is gone already and won't be his. Even he knows it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:06am On Feb 28, 2023
Blueelf:

Why do I even feel that you don’t want osimhen to win this award ,you always speak negative against all our players ,your point was trying to proove ,I told you so ?

I might have taken this serious if the comment is from someone else

Well the apoty award should be this season performance and not World Cup performance

Always looking for opportunity to diss on our players for no good reasons

Haaland that made that list did you see him at the World Cup or did cancelo performed well at the world cup ?

Cancelo made the list as a defender ,you shouldn’t expect osimhen at a fifa pro xi with Messi benzema and co

Osimhen performance this season should be used for that award

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:09am On Feb 28, 2023
elyte89:

Fifa 11 was mostly last season early season/ World Cup

So they will skip this season performance and still be using last season performance for the apoty ?

Hope you know casemeiro made the list because of his last season performance with Madrid winning the ucl ,or can you tell me vvd and Joao cancelo business there if it’s this season performance that’s being used ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:07am On Feb 28, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Why do I even feel that you don’t want osimhen to win this award ,you always speak negative against all our players ,your point was trying to proove ,I told you so ?

Well the apoty award should be this season performance and not World Cup performance

Haaland that made that list did you see him at the World Cup or did cancelo performed well at the world cup ?

Cancelo made the list as a defender ,you shouldn’t expect osimhen at a fifa pro xi with Messi benzema and co

na to Comot mind for all these awards. If osihmen no win am I no go vex. Shebi na person like Julian Alvarez make top ten while vinicius no even make am just because of world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:10am On Feb 28, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Nope

I love Osimhen

He is my favorite player in the SE

But I am telling you that historically, CAF always looks for an excuse not to give anglophone players the award

They will look for a reason not to give Osimhen especially since we just had a world cup in which hakimi performed very well

If you like, call me negative, call me names, but you can't change the outcome of Hakimi winning it

Your grouse is with CAF not me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:19am On Feb 28, 2023
Blueelf:

Nope

I love Osimhen

He is my favorite player in the SE

But I am telling you that historically, CAF always looks for an excuse not to give anglophone players the award

They will look for a reason not to give Osimhen especially since we just had a world cup in which hakimi performed very well

If you like, call me negative, call me names, but you can't change the outcome of Hakimi winning it

Your grouse is with CAF not me

No wahala

But you are always negative ,even a blind man knows your mission

But all good

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:10am On Feb 28, 2023
andrewbaba44:

No wahala

But you are always negative ,even a blind man knows your mission

But all good

I am not

you guys just fail to understand my point

Had osimhen at least gotten to the WC and maybe a quarter final place, he would've stood a chance

But getting to the Semi final of WC for an African Nation is unprecedented and there's no way CAF will overlook such an achievement

Put yourself in Moroccan shoes, had Naija accomplished such, would you want them to overlook a Nigerian player?

Of course not
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 11:25am On Feb 28, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Fifa 11 was mostly last season early season/ World Cup

So they will skip this season performance and still be using last season performance for the apoty ?

Hope you know casemeiro made the list because of his last season performance with Madrid winning the ucl ,or can you tell me vvd and Joao cancelo business there if it’s this season performance that’s being used ?

CAF has an obvious francophone bias.. let's see how it goes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Setaleonoz(m): 12:00pm On Feb 28, 2023
maidaboi:

They should let osimhen win it joor
He deserves it

(1) (2) (3) ... (14276) (14277) (14278) (14279) (14280) (14281) (14282) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: etebefia, foxman04, jieta and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.