Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11778198 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14372) (14373) (14374) (14375) (14376) (14377) (14378) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
elyte89:

We no even get talk, shame no Dey catch us…na one lowly placed team beat us like tif for our backyard,and we re here downplaying someone else victory against a top footballing nation

After tagging our sef as d best in striking dept in d world better Dan Brazil France and co …lol😀😀😀😀😀

I am sure if we re d one dt defeated Brazil ,dis thread won’t rest,nobody will downplay such a victory

Make e kan b say na osimhen score d two goals dt defeated them(Brazil) na ballond’or straight everybody for dis thread go Dey shout😀😀😀😀

You were doing well until you reached this point in bold. You just couldn't resist including Osimhen in this talk.

Bia Papa Haaland, kilode nau?? LEAVE OUR GOLDEN BOY ALONE!!!! 😂😂😂

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:01pm On Mar 26, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

You were doing well until you reached this point in bold. You just couldn't resist including Osimhen in this talk.

Bia Papa Haaland, kilode nau?? LEAVE OUR GOLDEN BOY ALONE!!!! 😂😂😂

I Dey pity u ,bannedlarge dey wait for una for one corner looking at u like a bat😀😀😀

Just pray say osimhen scores on Monday cos if not,bannedlarge will begin anoda wailing of osimhen playing against a low placed team for 180minutes without scoring a goal😀😀

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2023
zuchyblink:
They should sack Peseiro and choose from this list:
Cerezo
Amunike
Ndubuisi Egbo
Finidi
Emenalo
Oliseh(has attitude issues)
Since we don't have money to hire quality foreign coaches.

The way things are going we come worse pass Chelsea for coach matter 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:16pm On Mar 26, 2023
elyte89:

I Dey pity u ,bannedlarge dey wait for una for one corner looking at u like a bat😀😀😀

Just pray say osimhen scores on Monday cos if not,bannedlarge will begin anoda wailing of osimhen playing against a low placed team for 180minutes without scoring a goal😀😀

BAT... 180mins... Ghana... "Common" Amartey.... Ahhhh.... Here we go again. 🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Brazil ain't Brazil without Neymar. That's like saying Argentina without Messi is the same team.

Boss you they cap nonsense

Is this bitterness or what ?
Seeing Morocco set the standard for what African football should be.
I know it hurts I know
But don’t be bitter

Try improve your country football before downplaying another country’s victory you hear me ?

Just look at the celebration in the city of Morocco after the final whistle

Last time we enjoyed a joy like that was in 2013

Don’t be bitter my dude

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Coming from me as in how? Even when we drew Brazil in a friendly, we all knew it would have been different if Neymar didn't get injured.

Injury or not it’s none of anybody business

Your opponent will be praying for your best players to get hurt

At the end of the day you check google

It won’t say Morocco won because no Neymar 🤡

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

That's fine. I wasn't expecting to change anyone's mind but I said my mind.

A team that could not beat Croatia with Neymar should stand no chance vs Morocco without him. I am not putting Morocco down I'm just stating facts.

This is pure bad belle at it’s purest form.

It this were to be Nigeria that defeated Croatia
I’m sure you would have uploaded the cleanest of quality to YouTube even tag fifa join that we deserve to be on the top 10 ranking 🤡

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
typicalgamer:

Boss you they cap nonsense

Is this bitterness or what ?
Seeing Morocco set the standard for what African football should be.
I know it hurts I know
But don’t be bitter

Try improve your country football before downplaying another country’s victory you hear me ?

Just look at the celebration in the city of Morocco after the final whistle

Last time we enjoyed a joy like that was in 2013

Don’t be bitter my dude

Dude hush. I am entitled to my opinion and that's that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
typicalgamer:

This is pure bad belle at it’s purest form.

It this were to be Nigeria that defeated Croatia
I’m sure you would have uploaded the cleanest of quality to YouTube even tag fifa join that we deserve to be on the top 10 ranking 🤡

Like these ones U just want an argument and I am to blessed to be stressed. Dueces ✌🏿

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3gte6-fxHo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpiBi9vGHuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93_8r5fbHbw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3SVidy4Bco

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
"Bendel Insurance will beat Ponferradina COMPREHENSIVELY" has got to be the biggest statement of football ignorance made as we approach the end of the year's first quarter. Where is the brilliance in such statement? Where is the truth? Where is the sense of research thinking done to reach such obviously absurd conclusion?

What a load of garbage that is. Uttered all in a bid to talk down on a midfielder that he is obviously miffed to see make TEAM OF THE WEEK in La Liga Smartbank 🤣🤣🤣

Dread it, run from it... But the Super Eagles midfield need Kelechi Nwakali. His combination with Alex Iwobi in the middle will bring delight to our middle game plays and extra smoothness to our playing dynamics. All they need behind them is a ball playing, ball winning CDM. We can manage Ndidi with Nwakali and Iwobi paired but the Truth is with/in time, Onyedika would have to step in alongside the Nwakali-Iwobi duo to upgrade that midfield in the 2nd phase of build up plays in addition to the defensive steel he is expected to provide.

Enough of this hiding from the truth all in the name of agenda. Agenda that doesn't add anything to you and certainly doesn't help the team.

We have a midfield problem and we need the right personnel to come in and fix things. From Kelechi Nwakali to Alhassan Yusuf to Raphael Onyedika, we have the pieces to upgrading our middle game structure to masterpiece level alongside the pieces already there in Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyeka and co.

Think Brilliance. Think Unbiased Solutions. We are talking about the Super Eagles here. So you are happy a player based in Iran, in the bloody persian gulf pro league, came to Abuja and outmuscled/outclassed our EPL-based midfielders in several phases of plays? Na wa.

Super needs Nwakali to pair Iwobi.
If Peserio love is job he must replace Ndidi with Onyedika, ordinary tap in goal he can't, man is not baller Dazzol. A middle of Nwakali, Onyedika and Iwobi is a must at this stage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
zuchyblink:
They should sack Peseiro and choose from this list:
Cerezo
Amunike
Ndubuisi Egbo
Finidi
Emenalo
Oliseh(has attitude issues)
Since we don't have money to hire quality foreign coaches.
I see you people are not ready, you don’t even know anything about these coaches. The less said about Cerezo the better, Amunike isn’t pulling trees in Zambia, since Egbo was fired in Armenia? We’ve not seen him again, Finidi can’t even win anything with Enyimba, Emenalo won’t come plus he’s not a coach, God forbid Oliseh

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Dude hush. I am entitled to my opinion and that's that.

Facts 💯
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Like these ones U just want an argument and I am to blessed to be stressed. Dueces ✌🏿

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3gte6-fxHo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpiBi9vGHuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93_8r5fbHbw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3SVidy4Bco

Don’t get me wrong i ain’t no hater

I watch your contents constantly

But I just can’t flow with your opinion on that said topic that’s just it

Big Deuce ✌️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
jihday:
I see you people are not ready, you don’t even know anything about these coaches. The less said about Cerezo the better, Amunike isn’t pulling trees in Zambia, since Egbo was fired in Armenia? We’ve not seen him again, Finidi can’t even win anything with Enyimba, Emenalo won’t come plus he’s not a coach, God forbid Oliseh

Who then do you think is the best option for the Eagle's Job?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton - Ronaldinho
This is why I want Osimhen to avoid EPL like Ebola

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2023
charlesemeka85, them still dey wail

lollll

at least, blueelf is not the cause of SE defeat

Our underpar team and stinkingly corrupt NFF has disgraced themselves yet again

NOthing good can come out of SE

I will advise you all to save yourself the trouble and not wach the return leg because SE will surely loose.

And if they are not careful, they will miss out on qualification

Nigerian football is so rotten that it will take 8yrs of consistent work to restore it

cc thesupernerd, andrewbaba4

typicalgamer, keep it up. You are doing the Lord's work

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:46pm On Mar 26, 2023
Blueelf:

lollll

I will advise you all to save yourself the trouble and not wach the return leg because SE will surely loose.

Nigerian football is so rotten that it will take 8yrs of consistent work to restore it

We might score 5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 3:58pm On Mar 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

We might score 5
don't know about that Sha. If we are complaining of bad pitch in Abuja as cause of defeat what will we say about Guinea's own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

We might score 5

The Most the SE will get is a draw

In fact, that game is ending 0-0 or 1-1 or 1-0 in favour of Gunea bissau
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2023
Amedino99:
don't know about that Sha. If we are complaining of bad pitch in Abuja as cause of defeat what will we say about Guinea's own

Guinea Bissau has a better pitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ4v-Et3lwM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:22pm On Mar 26, 2023
Blueelf:

The Most the SE will get is a draw

In fact, that game is ending 0-0 or 1-1 or 1-0 in favour of Gunea bissau

We will thrash them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:27pm On Mar 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

We will thrash them.

I admire your optimism

Hope the SE doesn't disappoint their optimistic fans again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
Lol... @bolded... Easy now Elfy. There's no way we are missing out on Afcon qualification. We most certainly are gonna qualify. The top 2 goes through.

And as for the return game tomorrow, I trust us to respond with a win but it would change nothing about my stance on the team's current state and Peseiro.

Blueelf:

lollll

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... @bolded... Easy now Elfy. There's no way we are missing out on Afcon qualification. We most certainly are gonna qualify. The top 2 goes through.

And as for the return game tomorrow, I trust us to respond with a win but it would change nothing about my stance on the team's current state and Peseiro.

OKay bro

Now I'm gonna ask you some honest questions

Please which coach did you think will be the best fit for the SE?

Which midfielders do you think should be starting?

Apart from Ahmed Musa, which players shouldn't be invited again to the SE?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ghana even played better football against Portugal and could have won it in the last minute.
The same Ghana struggled to beat Angola! The Super Eagles lost 5-1 to Holland before the 1998 world cup but beat Spain 3-2 in their first game. I know dem never born you then! Talking football like an slowpoke. Omo ode!
typicalgamer:

Morocco Fxcked Portugal on the word stage but

Some world class players who wears green and white got raped by jao Felix alone

Try get sense

Morocco is ahead of us in terms of everything structure, play style, everything

The only thing super has going for them is osimehn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
That was the first time they will be playing together in a competitive game yet created numerous chances. I cannot be wasting my time teaching you football history! Upset happens and that is life!
typicalgamer:

They mumu yourself for there
Before them go understand each other movem
Maybe during next World Cup group stage

Because patriotism don blind your judgement

Bitterness won’t let you see the truth that
The coaches are bad but the players are worse
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:41pm On Mar 26, 2023
Are you saying Morocco will trash South Africa? If you think so then you need serious football teaching! Nigeria defeated France the same week we struggled to beat Kenya at home. Cameroon defeated Brazil at 2003 Fifa Confed cup but were defeated by the Super Eagles at the 2004 Nations cup quarter final. If football is maths there won't be sport betting, my guy!
andrew444:

When did Morocco struggle to beat South Africa

Is it before or after the World Cup ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
When I wrote this, many crying on TL were saying we will beat them silly.
Most guys here can't do sport betting cos they use emotions more than brains. Most here do not even watch football, they only come here to cry.
Marjoribanks:
Tomorrow game will be tough! It won't be an easy game!
Most Guinea Bissau players are professionals and based abroad too.
It won't be a walk over. Infact, there has never been a Super Eagles team (except ROHR 2017 team that walks over qualifications).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
Blueelf:

OKay bro

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
Blueelf:

OKay bro

Oga mi, Nedu don talk plenty time say the golden midfield na trio of Iwobi, Nwakali and Onyedika. For coach, look no further than Emma Amuneke.

My own stance, slightly different, I think on current form with the players in camp, Onyeka and Iwobi would play better in the midfield deux of Paseiro. As per future coach, we could find the Saintlet or whatever the name of the guy is. Perhaps we should allo Emma Amuneke to try, we won't play worse than we are playing now. I honestly don't think we can afford any decent foreign coach now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 5:01pm On Mar 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Guinea Bissau has a better pitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ4v-Et3lwM
We should really hide our heads in shame.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
I watched football and I know whatz up.
Guinea Bissua defeated the Sao Tome 5-1, we did 10 nil. They almost beat the Leone Star in Freetown the same week we struggled to beat them in Abuja. At AFCON, Egypt were lucky to beat them 1nil.
Guinea Bissua is our toughest challenge in that group and playing them like that on that pitch shows the quality our team possess.
On a much better pitch it could have easily been 4-1 in our favor.
Infact I never expect us to dominate them in such manner.
We will beat them tommorow if Peserio fields the right players!
Marjoribanks:
Iheanacho does not press and looses the ball easily. We struggle badly whenever we play Iheanacho in that role. Moffi should have started instead! I am not so optimistic. Guinea Bissau is a much better team than the Leone star which we struggled to defeat in the same Abuja! Don't raise your hope too high. I do not want to see tears on the TL abeg!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14372) (14373) (14374) (14375) (14376) (14377) (14378) ... (16192) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.