Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11629731 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14369) (14370) (14371) (14372) (14373) (14374) (14375) ... (16136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:31pm On Mar 25, 2023
komekn:

Best player in the league last week ❓How did your arrive at that conclusion, Once again you forget to take matters in context of how poor the league is. So statistics must be seen in that context.

When your team is so poor you have a major share in that mediocrity.

If a player is getting great stats in our local NPFL do we then say he is La Liga level. So stats must be seen in context. I honestly believe 100% Bendel insurance will flog Ponferradina in a match.

Would you say to player pl
I guess being a Lion in a small league abi club has a clause that excludes La Liga 2.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2023
🥺

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ineedmoneybadly: 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2023
charlesemeka85:
where is Alaba undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2023
charlesemeka85:
🥺
With Salisu Yusuf as the coach and Isah Ladan Bosso grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
COOL10:

Harve Renard is a quality coach. Why hasn't he ever applied for the Nigerian job, even when vacancies were open?

The thing is the NFF is already notorious for owing its coaches. That alone is enough to scare away quality coaches. Like I said earlier, Naija don cast.

See if NFF want to get a good coach they can

If they want to pay they can also

But they prefer third class coach who will agree to give them a kick back from the salary they will announce

Former England coach Steve Gwan Ericsson was keep to take the super eagles job but after interview he was told some percentage of the salary will be paid into another account. This is what made him turn down the job and walked away

Now they don't even do interview anymore just get a lowly rated coach who will agree

If not Harvard Ranner can win us world cup with our top players and his input

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2023
charlesemeka85:
🥺
is there a way we can work with a midfield of billing, iwobi and ndidi??. I feel it would work better than this one here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2023
codemaniacs:

No.
Your team mates don't want to win as much as you want win.

Your teammates see you as a competitor not a teammate.
Kai, this maniac! God bless you codedly 😁
Exactly what I noticed in the game. Omo they need to wash that mentality away quickly and be united like the Argentine 🇦🇷 national team if they want to give us good results.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:48pm On Mar 25, 2023
Nff are rotating coaches just to reduce payments you people are mentioning herve Renard as potential coach. herve Renard that was earning $2m as annual base salary. You people are funny sha. The man will just use soldiers to pack everyone in the glass house should his money gets delayed for one month.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2023
Wait ooo Haaland not listed for Norway, abi name which country e dey play for again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
charlesemeka85:
🥺
Why would Adarabioyo play and Tomori and Alaba are not there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
This is Nigeria vs Guinea Bissau at Afcon 2021 in January 2022 (Frames 1 & 2)

Vs

Nigeria vs Guinea Bissau yesterday (Frames 3 & 4)

Nwakali is the missing link in that middle

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:50pm On Mar 25, 2023
robosky02:

See if NFF want to get a good coach they can

If they want to pay they can also

But they prefer third class coach who will agree to give them a kick back from the salary they will announce

Former England coach Steve Gwan Ericsson was keep to take the super eagles job but after interview he was told some percentage of the salary will be paid into another account. This is what made him turn down the job and walked away

Now they don't even do interview anymore just get a lowly rated coach who will agree

If not Harvard Ranner can win us world cup with our top players and his input

Yeah I heard about the Ericsson story. Administration has always been a big problem in this country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:51pm On Mar 25, 2023
Jordan Nwora is going crazy right now on ESPN. I guess someone told him he was going to be on DSTV grin

18 points in 11 minutes

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2023
komekn:

Best player in the league last week ❓How did your arrive at that conclusion, Once again you forget to take matters in context of how poor the league is. So statistics must be seen in that context.

If a player is getting great stats in our local NPFL do we then say he is La Liga level. So stats must be seen in context. I honestly believe 100% Bendel insurance will flog Ponferradina in a match.

Did you take into context how poor league one is? You didn't because it does not suit your hate agenda. By the way, no one said best player but one of the best players. I think you should be able to know the difference.

So, you want to deceive people that being one of the best players in a league for the week does not count but being in league one and hearing a big club is interested counts. This is the full definition of bias.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:58pm On Mar 25, 2023
CC: Bascovanveli
Nwora has gone insane this 2nd quarter... On his way to a new career high...damn!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:03pm On Mar 25, 2023
komekn:

Because, You don't understand tactical depth. That is why you can make this statement. Keep in mind Ponferradina beat Alaves last week before you expose yourself here.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:06pm On Mar 25, 2023
Danielnino00:

If Nigeria was a serious country, all these NFF officials will be probed as to how funds getting into the federation account are being managed.. Nigeria national team participate in an international tournament almost every year and yhwse tournaments often come with financial incentives regardless of whether they win or not... Where are the funds going?
For instance, Nigeria is set to earn up to, if not more than $1m at the women world cup later this year even if we exist the group stage based on FIFA's revised prize money for the tournament... That amount should be enough to settle the players bonus and coaching staffs wages, but we will definitely hear something else later,..

PS: I have little to no knowledge about how funds earned for winning or participating in international tournaments though....

I'll ask a friend to give me a breakdown of the monies that flow in per year and let's see what we can at least derive from that. Cos i doubt anyone of us right now can ever see how they spend funds. It's not that transparent. But if funds are getting in way than we imagined then we should just forget this golden generation doing anything significant going forward.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:10pm On Mar 25, 2023
Was on a space yesternight and heard that the stadium staff were being silly and overtly demanding with the gates. They know the mental state of those that turned up and they still had to be forming tough with which gate to allow fans with tickets must go through??

Some boys got tired after trekking round the mainbowl and drove home in anger, saying they won't even win the match. And they didn't!

This gate is for minister
This gate is limited
This entrance is locked
Arggghhhj!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:11pm On Mar 25, 2023
Danielnino00:
CC: Bascovanveli
Nwora has gone insane this 2nd quarter... On his way to a new career high...damn!!

I'm watching live. The boy is unconscious. Shooting from deep, taking it to the rack and making his freethrows. This is what he does for us in the national team. I pray he drops a Fity piece grin

Dunking on Jason Tatum boosted his confidence.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:16pm On Mar 25, 2023
daveP:

I'll ask a friend to give me a breakdown of the monies that flow in per year and let's see what we can at least derive from that. Cos i doubt anyone of us right now can ever see how they spend funds. It's not that transparent. But if funds are getting in way than we imagined then we should just forget this golden generation doing anything significant going forward.

Sponsorship money self dey there..and we don't know how much they get from FG as allowance... I honestly don't believe the excuse that the NFF has no money ..it's just mismanagement... I don't think there's any country in Africa that partakes in more international football tournaments than us.. in fact, theres hardly any year we don't partake in at least one tournament at any level... These tournaments aren't for free...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

I'm watching live. The boy is unconscious. Shooting from deep, taking it to the rack and making his freethrows. This is what he does for us in the national team. I pray he drops a Fity piece grin

Dunking on Jason Tatum boosted his confidence.

I'm still mad we missed the world cup ticket...with a rejuvenated Mike Brown and our in form players, we would have done better than we did at the Olympics..

Anyway, career high loading for Nwora .. say 40 points at least grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:30pm On Mar 25, 2023
daveP:
Was on a space yesternight and heard that the stadium staff were being silly and overtly demanding with the gates. They know the mental state of those that turned up and they still had to be forming tough with which gate to allow fans with tickets must go through??

Some boys got tired after trekking round the mainbowl and drove home in anger, saying they won't even win the match. And they didn't!

This gate is for minister
This gate is limited
This entrance is locked
Arggghhhj!!

I thought FIFA ban the SE using that stadium after that Ghana game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:39pm On Mar 25, 2023
Indiana players need to give Jordan the ball and get out his way. The boy is cold blooded. 30 points already

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:44pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kog45:
Yes Osayi was the best but that loss overshadowed his performance,so nobody cares.He should keep it up.

It's OK to not care but down nit pick and make it seem like he wasn't the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kwashiman: 11:45pm On Mar 25, 2023
Morocco is currently schooling BRAZIL, leading by a goal now.

I haven't seen an African play with so much fluidity and swagger in such a long time than this Moroccan team, Nigerian football needs an emergency overhaul honestly, we need to massively invest in our grassroots and youth academies as feeders to the various National teams, enough on depending on ready made second-hand products from Europe who just see us as a plan B or C

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:12am On Mar 26, 2023
Kwashiman:
Morocco is currently schooling BRAZIL, leading by a goal now.

I haven't seen an African play with so much fluidity and swagger in such a long time than this Moroccan team, Nigerian football needs an emergency overhaul honestly, we need to massively invest in our grassroots and youth academies as feeders to the various National teams, enough on depending on ready made second-hand products from Europe who just see us as a plan B or C

Grassroot football development is just one of the issues... We need to properly invest in our football infrastructure from top to bottom! Until we see football for what it truly is in this age, a money spinning industry, we won't go far... In 2023 we are still struggling with having good pitches for our national teams .....

BTW,Morocco team is filled with a lot of foreign born players... But they are well coached and have the necessary infrastructure,so they're balling

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:17am On Mar 26, 2023
Amedino99:
thought you didn't rate transfer news unless they happen. What changed ??

There is speculative transfer news and there is true and open transfer interest.

For instance Liverpool, Manchester United, Real, Manchester City all want Jude Billingham. Although not all clubs have put in a substantive offer. But we know he is on the wanted list of too many Clubs.

Same thing follows for VO wanted by multiple clubs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BronzeTiger: 1:03am On Mar 26, 2023
So if we don't win on tuesday no more afcon after missing out on world cup last year? Most of the these NFF officials deserve the hottest parts of hell.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:09am On Mar 26, 2023
Up Maroc!!

Beats Brazil 2-1.

Brazil didn't field their full strength side unlike the Moroccans but it is still a fine win. The likes of Vini Jr, Rodrygo, Casemiro, Militao, Paqueta and Telles started the game. Young Andrey Santos fresh from winning the U20 South American Championship with Brazil earlier this year also started in midfield.

Not even our Super Eagles of the current international window will beat that Brazillian side.

Kudos Morocco.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NwaIdeato: 1:11am On Mar 26, 2023
BronzeTiger:
So if we don't win on tuesday no more afcon after missing out on world cup last year? Most of the these NFF officials deserve the hottest parts of hell.
No we should still qualify as the second best team as long as we avoid defeat to the other teams (Sierra Leone and Sao Tome) in the return legs, I believe our goal difference will favour us.

But there are no excuses, WE HAVE TO BEAT GB on Monday, otherwise prices will have to be paid by the NFF and the useless Portuguese fraud of a coach

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:13am On Mar 26, 2023
Danielnino00:

Grassroot football development is just one of the issues... We need to properly invest in our football infrastructure from top to bottom! Until we see football for what it truly is in this age, a money spinning industry, we won't go far... In 2023 we are still struggling with having good pitches for our national teams .....

BTW,Morocco team is filled with a lot of foreign born players... But they are well coached and have the necessary infrastructure,so they're balling
Morocco Dis, Morocco dat during the world cup. The hype plenty jare.
Anyway, the hype is real and truth is it's not enough, Morocco 2 vs Brazil 1.
Before you say Cameroon did it too, this was a more deserving win than the grab and go Cameroun did.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BronzeTiger: 1:14am On Mar 26, 2023
NwaIdeato:

No we should still qualify as the second best team as long as we avoid defeat to the other teams (Sierra Leone and Sao Tome) in the return legs, I believe our goal difference will favour us.

But there are no excuses, WE HAVE TO BEAT GB on Monday, otherwise prices will have to be paid by the NFF and the useless Portuguese fraud of a coach
Oh thank you for this info. But it will be really be a terrible shame if we can't beat guinea Bissau home and away. Also with what we played on Friday I'm not confident in this team winning sierra Leone in freetown. We are supposed to top that group. Nigeria football is just in shambles like every other sector.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14369) (14370) (14371) (14372) (14373) (14374) (14375) ... (16136) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Stillwater10 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.