Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,334 members, 7,853,505 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11885591 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14446) (14447) (14448) (14449) (14450) (14451) (14452) ... (16257) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 6:51pm On Apr 14, 2023
Marjoribanks:
But your Tosin that can trap and start up from the back is being benched by a Diop that is worst than Awaziem. Dey play!

If awaziem was that good he would have been in the epl by now Simple

Hadjuk split>>>>>>>>>>Fulham

If he were to go to Croatia awaziem own don finish 😂

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2023
Marjoribanks:
You are so unintelligent! Messi is an AM. Read the article, I posted. It says Muller is a striker played on the wing just like Eto and Poldoski. You can't demystify simple English. No be me say you should not go to better school.
At Bayern Muller plays in attack alongside Mario Gomez, then Lewan.

Messi is an AM?

You no get talk..

Carry on the insults instead...you're better at them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2023
Danielnino00:

From his utterances since his moniker surfaced on this thread, you can tell what kind of person he is... Let him tag Messi a striker na...since Messi under Guardiola was one of those who made the false 9 role so popular
I think he doesn't understand the meaning of versatility. Mane has played as a forward yea, but that doesn't make him a striker. I still think he is an old member of this thread who change moniker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Define a striker for me. Arguing with you guys is like pouring water into a basket! Thank God you said you don't know ball.
Whilst a 9 is generally the main striker and a 10 is the secondary striker, a false 9 is a combination of both . The false 9 has the freedom to drop deep from the forward position into midfield, allowing them to receive the ball deeper in the pitch and creating space to allow the midfield or wide players to run into. Mane, Messi, Muller, Firminho are not strikers, they're false nine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2023
mostob:
I think he doesn't understand the meaning of versatility. Mane has played as a forward yea, but that doesn't make him a striker. I still think he is an old member of this thread who change moniker.

Definitely…he’s an old member

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
Messi started his career at under 20 level as an AM/SS. He operates mostly from Right Midfield as an AM which is a different role from a winger. Muller is more of a Forward cum striker. He plays as a second striker (behind or ahead of another Striker). When he was a main stay in the Germany set up, Low used him as a wing forward/striker on the right and Podolski as a wing forward/striker on the left. Just like Jose used Eto at Inter.
Sadio Mane was a striker at RED BUll Salzburg, and at Southampton but Klopp decided to use him from the wings. That does not change the fact that Mane is a striker. CRonaldo/Rasford playing as a 9 does not change the fact that they are wingers. Period! When do you even start watching football. Go and sit down!
Danielnino00:

Messi is an AM?

You no get talk..

Carry on the insults instead...you're better at them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
So what is an 8? There is nothing like a false 9 in football. A false 9 is a tactical creation that occurs when you use a winger/midfielder/SS to play as a top 9 without a SS. You categorizing Messi, Muller, Firminho, Mane under the same position shows your lack of football knowledge. lol! I am done!.
mostob:
Whilst a 9 is generally the main striker and a 10 is the secondary striker, a false 9 is a combination of both . The false 9 has the freedom to drop deep from the forward position into midfield, allowing them to receive the ball deeper in the pitch and creating space to allow the midfield or wide players to run into. Mane, Messi, Muller, Firminho are not strikers, they're false nine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2023
mostob:
Smart smith probably.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eddie7: 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Hakimi's mother will make heaven.
grin

If only this drama occurred during Ebue's time, I'm pretty sure he must have learnt a lesson or two but......come to think otherwise, Ebue's case happened and vooom, Hakim grab sense sharp Sharp

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2023
eddie7:

If only this drama occurred during Ebue's time, I'm pretty sure he must have learnt a lesson or two but......come to think otherwise, Ebue's case happened and vooom, Hakim grab sense sharp Sharp

No be lie, those people do Ebue dirty mehn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2023
Cyriel Dessers scored for Cremonese in their win over Empoli today.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Messi started his career at under 20 level as an AM/SS. He operates mostly from Right Midfield as an AM which is a different role from a winger. Muller is more of a Forward cum striker. He plays as a second striker (behind or ahead of another Striker). When he was a main stay in the Germany set up, Low used him as a wing forward/striker on the right and Podolski as a wing forward/striker on the left. Just like Jose used Eto at Inter.
Sadio Mane was a striker at RED BUll Salzburg, and at Southampton but Klopp decided to use him from the wings. That does not change the fact that Mane is a striker. CRonaldo/Rasford playing as a 9 does not change the fact that they are wingers. Period! When do you even start watching football. Go and sit down!

"Messi started his career from the u-20...." . That one na talk? Who uses youth football to define a player's professional career? Messi can play any position up front..he doesn't have any particular position attributed to him ..na u go dash am AM?

Like mostob said, you don't know the meaning of versatility... You're just going round and round just to justify your argument that Osimhen shouldn't join Tuchel at Bayern...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:50pm On Apr 14, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
The Monster Machine is BACKKKKK!!!

Be afraid Milan! Be very afraid! 🔥🔥🔥

He makes Napoli's squad for tomorrow's Serie A fixture vs Hellas Verona. #TheReturnOfTheNumber9

abeg no loud am

cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
Chai

Is this how we will qaste the excellent form of these strikers

All because of a skeleton midfield and a clueless coach?

NFF scouts have a lot of work to do. And please SE needs a world class pitch 100%dedicated to the SE matches and nothing else.

I have said this before

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:08pm On Apr 14, 2023
Person wey don dey watch football since he was a baby talk say Messi is an AM ..

Dey play 😂

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2023
Desire Oparanozie vs New Zealand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6c7McwBsK4

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
This story is more likely false than true.

1. The story seems to lie only within the African media space. No major International media is reporting on it or has confirmed the existence of the story. Hakimi is probably about to divorce and that's it.

2. Divorce laws in the US don't work that way. I'm assuming Europe follows that way too. The courts don't care whose name the asset is in. What matters is who bought the asset, When the asset was bought and who uses it. If the spouse ticks those checkboxes, then it's still marital property, even if it's under the grandfather's name.

As a wealthy figure, the only assured way of keeping assets in a divorce is via a prenup. All these stories about writing it in someone's name will be seen as ploy by the judge and will not count.

I think you are looking at it from a perfunctory perspective.

A football player is a brand depending on how you set it up . How that brand was set up can be monitized particularly by those who invested in making it a brand.

10 years ago we had in a number of mainland European countries TPI ( 3rd party interest) ,in this regard agents had part ownership of players thankfully FIFA have outlawed that interest.

However, if a player so desires he can share his earnings on the basis of long term investment. Parents in many regards have greater direct participation in a players development than the club.

In this regards if his wages endorsements are paid into a corporate entity, the member's of that entity by agreement have a share of income received.

What I am saying you can legally set up that corporate entity and have the greater share passed to the directors ( parents, brothers, etc)

When that income is invested and the players only takes 10% for instance and the innovation associated with investment is monetized and furturr developed into several business activities, property residential, office complex, shopping malls, shipping, etc etc .

It's almost impossible to attribute the entire income to football. Add to that investments may be global with multiple partner's you can no longer attribute the whole income to an individual football players income.

To make it even more complicated you can enter into partnership agreement in consortuim for multi faceted investment streams.

However, this will happen a lot more easier , if the footballer, decides to follow the first commandment of God with promise. This may happen if he trusts his parents unquestionably and is selfless not selfish. This is a about relationship.

Ephesians 2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promisewink 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth

Remember Mathieu Flamini former Arsenal player worth from his investments over £10 billion.

The investment framework can become even more complicated when companies are registered outside of Europe for instance in Morocco. To enforce western based court judgements in country with very different law's. Will be near impossible, add to that he is entitled to marry several wives under Islamic law.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
Marjoribanks:
But your Tosin that can trap and start up from the back is being benched by a Diop that is worst than Awaziem. Dey play!

So why has Diop played 5 seasons in the EPL and 3 seasons in French league one. For your information Diop has a pass completion rate of 85% in the way faster and physically taxing EPL.

Awaziem only did one season in French league without any interest. Has retrogressrd all the way to Croatia after years of running around trying to find offers.

Tosin has played 16 games in the EPL and Diop 18 that's not being benched that's rotation.

Let me add further Diop earns close to £100k a week and on the other hand Awaziem is in £2400 in Croatia.

Can't you see your talking a load of codswallop and balderdash.🤔

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
Chuba Akpom nets his 27th goal of the season.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:19am On Apr 15, 2023
Worse than Awaziem does not mean Awaziem is an outstanding player. Simple qualitative research coding! I don't need all this story! lol!
komekn:

So why has Diop played 5 seasons in the EPL and 3 seasons in French league one. For your information Diop has a pass completion rate of 85% in the way faster and physically taxing EPL.

Awaziem only did one season in French league without any interest. Has retrogressrd all the way to Croatia after years of running around trying to find offers.

Tosin has played 16 games in the EPL and Diop 18 that's not being benched that's rotation.

Let me add further Diop earns close to £100k a week and on the other hand Awaziem is in £2400 in Croatia.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:28am On Apr 15, 2023
Tulchel is a bad coach for a striker! Professional analysts have the same view.
Na you wey your papa still dey feed you go dey tell me about football? lol! Your brain dull too much!
I have explained the versatility of Muller, Messi, Podolski, Mane and Eto and how their clubs and countries use them during the cause of this argument. It seems you lack simple understanding! I am over with this!
Danielnino00:

"Messi started his career from the u-20...." . That one na talk? Who uses youth football to define a player's professional career? Messi can play any position up front..he doesn't have any particular position attributed to him ..na u go dash am AM?

Like mostob said, you don't know the meaning of versatility... You're just going round and round just to justify your argument that Osimhen shouldn't join Tuchel at Bayern...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:59am On Apr 15, 2023
komekn:

tosin was benched for 6 games in a row. That is not how rotation works.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:13am On Apr 15, 2023
Amedino99:
tosin was benched for 6 games in a row. That is not how rotation works.

Tosin Adarabioyo started the first nine games of the season, does that mean he benched Diop ❓

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:19am On Apr 15, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Worse than Awaziem does not mean Awaziem is an outstanding player. Simple qualitative research coding! I don't need all this story! lol!

Let me quote you verbatim, "being benched by a Diop that is worst than Awaziem".

You made a comprehensive FALSE statement.

Your said expressly that Diop is is no where as good as Awaziem and implied that Tosin is not as good as Diop. Both assertions are totally false as you anchor ⚓ them on the fallacy that Tosin is being benched by Diop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 6:51am On Apr 15, 2023
komekn:

Tosin Adarabioyo started the first nine games of the season, does that mean he benched Diop ❓
diop was signed this season. tosin was already an established first team member. Did you expect diop to make the first team at once??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:11am On Apr 15, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Smart smith probably.
No..Smartsmith was not this insultive. Purplehouse probably or that Ph.D guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:16am On Apr 15, 2023
Marjoribanks:
So what is an 8? There is nothing like a false 9 in football. A false 9 is a tactical creation that occurs when you use a winger/midfielder/SS to play as a top 9 without a SS. You categorizing Messi, Muller, Firminho, Mane under the same position shows your lack of football knowledge. lol! I am done!.
8 is a CM that usually operates as a B2B.
Lukaku, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Aboubakar, Onuachu, Osimehn, Diego Costa, Benzema /// Firminho, Messi, Muller, Mane.
Can you differentiate between these two groups of attackers?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:17am On Apr 15, 2023
elyte89:

Definitely…he’s an old member
Yea...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gatecrash123: 8:17am On Apr 15, 2023
5 matches left in the league(NPFL), no announcement for the date and venue for the super 6 and the federations cup. NFF and IMC wetin dey xup.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 8:37am On Apr 15, 2023
gatecrash123:
5 matches left in the league(NPFL), no announcement for the date and venue for the super 6 and the federations cup. NFF and IMC wetin dey xup.

Just realised it hasn't been announced.

It probably will soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:08am On Apr 15, 2023
Marjoribanks:
What makes him technically better than Akpoguma, Omeruo and Bassey?. He is being benched by an average DIOP. Guy rest!
My man,yes Peseiro doesn’t rate him according to OWNGOAL with no real source but I want to say as CB Adarabioyo is better than Akpogunma and Bassey.I will only give it to Omeruo based on his experience with eagles…How I wish we have options in ball playing defenders like Adarabioyo and Awaziem in our team cuz there would be real link from defense to midfield instead of gbas gbos of Ekong…just check out man city team,Ake,Akanji and Stones,these guys does it easily.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14446) (14447) (14448) (14449) (14450) (14451) (14452) ... (16257) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nairalandankrah, gloryon(m), maidaboi(m), EEGA, Suzzytee05(f), waffiboi, komekn(m), kingphilip(m), femicyrus(m), solonnachi, samdolad(m), LoverOfPussy, DrYa, immobilare(m), zicky(m), 123jamessmith, mostob(m), 10cedes, Christology(m), Philosopher1979, Subzerooo and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.