Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,314 members, 7,853,460 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:04 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11885260 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14452) (14453) (14454) (14455) (14456) (14457) (14458) ... (16256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:37pm On Apr 16, 2023
Taiwo Awoniyi in action from the start vs Man Utd for Nottingham Forest. 7mins played.

Dennis Emmanuel on the bench.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2023
Anthony Shimaga, CB played all 90mins today for Feirense as they defeated FC Porto B 3-0 in the Portuguese Liga Sabseg.

It was his 2nd start for Feirense and 3rd game.

Recall he featured in the Mexico friendly game in 2021. The game we fell by 4-0.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Anthony Shimaga, CB played all 90mins today for Feirense as they defeated FC Porto B 3-0 in the Portuguese Liga Sabseg.

It was his 2nd start for Feirense and 3rd game.

Recall he featured in the Mexico friendly game in 2021. The game we fell by 4-0.

Ocho Ochowechi is regular in the feirense midfield. Has played 23 league matches this season.
Hope he moves to a better league or Feirense get promoted.
We desperetely need midfield enforcements

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:35pm On Apr 16, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
The PL Title race is truly down to that April 26 game

FT West Ham 2-2 Arsenal

Arsenal throw away a 2 goals lead. Saka misses a penalty that could haunt their title aspirations.

City with a game in hand now. Just 4 pts adrift of the Gunners.

Pep right now.

City will easily win that tie..no two ways about it... Arsenal aren't playing up to the intensity Liverpool did between 2018 and 2022 but could only get the better of city once...Arsenal have no chance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2023
Yes. He didn't start today though but came in early in the first half.
Reported a couple of times on Oche in Feirense colors.

Marcus Abrham started as usual before being subbed out.

Philosopher1979:

Ocho Ochowechi is regular in the feirense midfield. Has played 23 league matches this season.
Hope he moves to a better league or Feirense get promoted.
We desperetely need midfield enforcements

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
Alhassan Yusuf's Current situation at Antwerp

Been observing and monitoring the lad since his return from injury and he is yet to start a game since his return to action on March 19.

The Midfield Sultan last started a league game for Antwerp in November 2022. Nov 13 to be precise. The game vs Onyedika's Club Brugge.

He picked up a foot injury afterwards and missed the next 3 months which included 2 months+ of action (with world cup held between November and December with major top divisions on break).

Since March 19, he has come off the bench 3 times for 3 league games and today again for the 4th game running since his return from injury, he starts from the bench.

The fine form of Belgian Midfield Wonderkid, Arthur Vermeeren (17 when he took up Yusuf's role when he got injured but is now 18 yrs old) hasn't helped at all. The kid has genuinely been good for Antwerp in Yusuf's absence so was always gonna be a tough decision for Van Bommel to make with Yusuf back from injury.
Arthur's Midfield partner, Mandela Keita has also been decent and in good form.

Another thing though is I think Yusuf and Arthur can play together since his last start actually saw him and Arthur paired up in Midfield vs Onyedika's Club Brugge last November, on the 13th.

It's something Van Bommel could explore with time but time will tell. Yusuf was arguably Antwerp's best player before his injury but with him back now, he has to compete for his Midfield role again with Belgium's leading teen Midfield wonder, Arthur Vermeeren and Mandela Keita.

In all, time will tell what Van Bommel settles for especially with the Jupiler Pro approaching the end of the regular season and entering the Championship round.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
joxxy01:
What's up with Nigeria u23's complaint to caf over Guinea fielding overage players... Any update yet??
Haa Chief, you still dey put mind for that one? Sope Otilo.
Let's forget it..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2023
Muhamed Tijani scores

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2023
mostob:
Haa Chief, you still dey put mind for that one? Sope Otilo.
Let's forget it..

Otilo.....!!!!! 😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
And he scores again.

Franklin Sasere also scored today.

maidaboi:
Muhamed Tijani scores

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2023
Isaac "The Beast" Success starts for Udinese vs Mourinho's AS Roma at the Stadio Olimpico.

Would be his 20th serie A Start of the season from 28 league games.

He has 6 assists and 31 chances created so far. No Goal scored.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Isaac "The Beast" Success starts for Udinese vs Mourinho's AS Roma at the Stadio Olimpico.

Would be his 20th serie A Start of the season from 28 league games.

He has 6 assists and 31 chances created so far. No Goal scored.

Is he playing as a winger or support striker or both.
With what u said his creativity is needed in the Super Eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
More U15 action

Akwa United vs Sunshine Stars

The final goal is mad shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kib1xImqPJo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2023
He's playing as part of a 2 man attack. And so far, he's been the most advanced of the two for the first half only but he still withdrew into the final third "between-the-lines" gaps in some phases of play.

Philosopher1979:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:56pm On Apr 16, 2023
Philosopher1979:

creativity ko 🀣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2023
Shooting Stars U15 vs Enugu Rangers U15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcuJSkT8av4

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2023
Bassey seems to be out of favor at Ajax.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
It's fine My Good man. Just needed to set the records straight.

Truth is you saw something that many of us didn't want to actively pay attention to.

While we focused on Ndidi's obviously world class Defensive Stats (tackling, interceptions, clearances, ball recoveries and more) which got him the huge attention he revelled in for 3-4 seasons in the EPL up until 2020/21 season, you on the other hand focused on his limited technical quality on the ball. You even called out his poor press resistance and limited passing range. You may not have used these terms verbatim but your posts pointed to them.

I recall you using this to even say you prefer this player or that player to Ndidi and I always opposed your posts from the angle that Ndidi is still the best and most inform midfielder we have out there (which was true at those times).

I honestly even considered your posts very harsh but then I decided to pay closer attention to what you were saying and I found it true.

Time has shown that indeed Ndidi wasn't improving technically and tactically. He is still the tackling/interceptions machine (and he even seems to be struggling with those lately especially tackling) we know but midfield football dynamics has left him behind.

Ndidi has seen some improvements technically. This was obvious in our home game against G. Bissau.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2023
He is majorly still a shadow of the Ndidi he once was. A shadow of the true improvements he was making up until 2020/21. Using a Bissau game where Ndidi was basically average to talk up Ndidi's technicality like the way you once used passing accuracy % to talk up a non-existent Ndidi passing range is really Stretching it.

Ndidi is technically limited and hasn't shown marked consistent improvements for a good while now. That's the truth.

Meliforme:

Ndidi has seen some improvements technically. This was obvious in our home game against G. Bissau.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 2:20am On Apr 17, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Bassey seems to be out of favor at Ajax.
yeah. I noticed he doesn't feature in games again. 3 games now he has yet to feature. Maybe the interim coach does not really fancy him. If this dude later becomes permanent coach I think he should seek either a transfer or loan to another team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:28am On Apr 17, 2023
Marjoribanks:
The purpose of this thread requires re-evaluation due to the presence of [b ] individuals who derive pleasure from gloating when our players face challenges.[/b] It is both absurd and shocking that such delusional people exist. Therefore, it is essential to consider banning people who predict doom for our players or wish them harm from this platform .

Furthermore, individuals who visit this platform solely to mock or laugh at our players should not be allowed to participate. Such behavior is unacceptable and amounts to putting down successful people. It is crucial to provide a safe and positive environment for our players, where they can receive constructive feedback and support.

In conclusion, it is necessary to re-evaluate the purpose of this thread and ensure that it aligns with the values of respect, positivity, and support. We must take measures to prevent radicals and failures from having a platform to put down our successful players . By doing so, we can create an environment that fosters growth, development, and success for our players.

Thank you!

Everything your have stated is a recipe for disaster.

Your entire deductions are opinionated, perceptive and subjective based not objective, they are fraught with multifaceted potential to damage and derail the thread irreparably. They are anchored βš“ not on balanced βš–οΈ appraisal and or substansive assessment.

But are self justified, self birthed, selfish, antoginistic, and the foundations on which bigoted hypocritical double standards emanate from.

What is one man's criticism is another persons act of hatred, another person praise is another persons delusional hype. Who is right ❓

The fundamental tenements of , Freedom of Expression start with, the right to express your views, opinions and beliefs.

We are not in North Korea where only one opinion exists for everything, that of the Supreme Leader.

We have debates here some very infantile, rancarous, deceitful, untrue, with bitter vitriolic rhetoric and some informative, balanced, substansive and educational. You choose what to receive or reject ,it's your choice and perogative.

But to enforce one individual opinion,view and or deduction assumed to be right, correct, justified is simply WRONG and UNACCEPTABLE. Who decides what is RIGHT or WRONG ❓

The parts of your write up highlighted in bold and red are highly conceited, who made you a mind reader
The very claims of delusion you personify.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:00am On Apr 17, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

It is tactical deviation. The game requires more ball players and passers in midfield than destroyers.

Pressing in football is getting tighter. So players need to improve on a variety of things like passing, scanning, turns with the ball etc.

Ndidi needs to remodel his game and he will be fine.

Everything you say about contemporary Midfield play is largely TRUE. The deceptive movement, the ability with technicality and outright skill and panacea to gain competitive advantage, priceless.

Ndidi was great at tackling and interceptions however, creativity passing range short and long that's not his particular skill set.

Can you teach an old dog 🐢 new tricks not easy ❓

Clubs don't have that time they simply look for the players who do, in the HERE and NOW.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:11am On Apr 17, 2023
Marjoribanks:
You can gloat now! Well deserved! I hope you are the best in your line of job if not you don't have the right to critic one of the best DM in the premier league! Ndidi is a proper DM and he will get back to his best soonest! Leave him alone!

Football ⚽ is not static but dynamic with constant ups and downs.

Last season's star can be this season flop, why are you getting all delusional about Ndidi. Get some objectivity and leave emotive sentiment to one side

Ndidi for whatever reason is no longer a top DM even at his best he had several deficiencies. The most prominent being a very limited passing range and almost zero creativity.

The past two seasons he has been a shadow of his former self, will he get it back πŸ”™ very difficult. Leicester are in fight for for survival, they are in a relegation fight and Thier talisman Vardy has essentially expired.

It's not looking good ,they have sacked thier Manager Brendan and it's unfortunately very dire for them.

Even if they get relegated there is no guarantee they can make it back up immediately, the championship is very competitive. And apart from Tielemans, Madison and Dewsbury Hall. The rest of the players will find it difficult to get another Premier League club.

They also got beat by Blackburn in the FA Cup in addition lost their last 10 game's, that is clear relegation form.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:16am On Apr 17, 2023
Amedino99:
yeah. I noticed he doesn't feature in games again. 3 games now he has yet to feature. Maybe the interim coach does not really fancy him. If this dude later becomes permanent coach I think he should seek either a transfer or loan to another team.
The transfer fee from Ranger was a burdened on the young man and much is expected from him.Good that he is still young but sincerely I don’t rate him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:35am On Apr 17, 2023
joelsteron:
Meanwhile I'm still dreaming of a midfield of Nwakali, Ndidi/Onyedika, Iwobi. tongue

I prefer proven quality to mediocrity.

My dream would be Olise 21, Eberechi Eze 24 , Noni Madueke 21 and Carney Chukwuemeka 19.

These are some of the best young top level proven and tested Midfielders in European football ⚽ today.

A few YouTube clips to give insight not conclusion playing in the EPL not in Azerbaijan or Croatia, for quality context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nYyIU3lPpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbEg6gMuhnI

I really should add to the list Tim Emeka Iroegbunam 19 years old , he is the next one to blow .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TacZx6xF50

I didn't bother with clips of Eze and Olise everybody knows who they are , pure Quality. Interesting that Carney and Tim are still teenagers and bossing the Midfield like men.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:38am On Apr 17, 2023
Curtisaxel10:

The obvious thing to do is to convert Ndidi to CB. He has the height and tackling skills required for the position. His weaknesses (poor passing and positioning) will not be noticed very much.

Not good enough IMO to be a quality CB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:22am On Apr 17, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Chukweze is class above this Villareal team! Unreal player!

Excuse me ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:09am On Apr 17, 2023
komekn:

My dream would be Olise 21, Eberechi Eze 24 , Noni Madueke 21 and Carney Chukwuemeka 19.

These are some of the best young top level proven and tested Midfielders in European football ⚽ today.

A few YouTube clips to give insight not conclusion playing in the EPL not in Azerbaijan or Croatia, for quality context.

I really should add to the list Tim Emeka Iroegbunam 19 years old , he is the next one to blow .

I didn't bother with clips of Eze and Olise everybody knows who they are , pure Quality. Interesting that Carney and Tim are still teenagers and bossing the Midfield like men.

The issue are these guys ready to play for Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:12am On Apr 17, 2023
komekn:

this your midfield four na somehow oo. How would they work in paseiro plan, who will shield the defense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:33am On Apr 17, 2023
Amedino99:
this your midfield four na somehow oo. How would they work in paseiro plan, who will shield the defense.
There is something I no Dey understand again regarding eagles set up….In 90s Mutiu Adepoju and Garba Lawal do stood in for Sunday Oliseh with no issue but to get cover up for Ndidi na wahala….US 94 I saw Westerhoff preferred Siasia over Okocha.Are those formations not feasible again cuz this present eagles Dey give me headaches o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:54am On Apr 17, 2023
komekn:

Tim is gonna be a super star. Bobo is in the mould of gravenbach,bellingham,pogba, rabiot kinda midfielder

I love him so much I hope the English will just allow him rep us

There is another kid in crystal palace u21 team who is also good as Tim but more defensive minded. Another to watch out for but have forgotten his name

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:56am On Apr 17, 2023
Amedino99:
nwakali will be the shield πŸ₯±

(1) (2) (3) ... (14452) (14453) (14454) (14455) (14456) (14457) (14458) ... (16256) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: minfelix(m), Subzerooo, ChrisKels, Eldorado14, Kog45(m), dymusty86, comodo, Christinu2, lbrichman2, LoverOfPussy, EEGA, Samunique(m), AndSunGorilla and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.