Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,464 members, 7,854,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11890879 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14453) (14454) (14455) (14456) (14457) (14458) (14459) ... (16276) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:28pm On Apr 17, 2023
typicalgamer:

Excuse me ?

lollll

surprised abi?

Because of 2 fluke goals against madrid

a very inconsistent and mediocre player is suddenly lcass above his team mates

nothing wey musa no go see for gate

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
Blueelf:

lollll

surprised abi?

Heart cut me o 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
Blueelf:

lollll

surprised abi?

🤣🤣🤣🤣 samu’s goals against Madrid no be fluke bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2023
charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣 samu’s goals against Madrid no be fluke bro

Okay maybe I went too far calling them fluke

But my point is that he is too inconsistent to start rating him over team mates that have been performing more consistently than him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2023
Blueelf:

lollll

surprised abi?

Chukwueze has not been inconsistent for Villarreal this season and has the highest G&A for them

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
komekn:

I prefer proven quality to mediocrity.

My dream would be Olise 21, Eberechi Eze 24 , Noni Madueke 21 and Carney Chukwuemeka 19.

These are some of the best young top level proven and tested Midfielders in European football ⚽ today.

A few YouTube clips to give insight not conclusion playing in the EPL not in Azerbaijan or Croatia, for quality context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nYyIU3lPpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbEg6gMuhnI

I really should add to the list Tim Emeka Iroegbunam 19 years old , he is the next one to blow .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TacZx6xF50

I didn't bother with clips of Eze and Olise everybody knows who they are , pure Quality. Interesting that Carney and Tim are still teenagers and bossing the Midfield like men.

A breast at hand is worth more than 2 in the bra.
All these players are good. But we don't have them. So in the here and now. How do we fix our middle game??

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2023
maidaboi:
Chukwueze has not been inconsistent for Villarreal this season and has the highest G&A for them

Now imagine a consistent Chukwueze

You have to hold these boys to a higher standard

They are Africans and the sad reality is that if Chuks were a brazillian, he would've been getting more hypes than mow

However, an African has to go above and beyond, especially one as talented as he given the position he plays
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
Look at dis racist guys

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
Blueelf:

Now imagine a consistent Chukwueze

You have to hold these boys to a higher standard

They are Africans and the sad reality is that if Chuks were a brazillian, he would've been getting more hypes than mow

However, an African has to go above and beyond, especially one as talented as he given the position he plays
some times I wonder wether I am confused or you are and you just called his goals against Madrid as fluke and if it was a Brazilian will it not have been fluke then?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
comodo:

All these players are good. But we don't have them. So in the here and now. How do we fix our middle game??
Guy, WTF is this grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
He is majorly still a shadow of the Ndidi he once was. A shadow of the true improvements he was making up until 2020/21. Using a Bissau game where Ndidi was basically average to talk up Ndidi's technicality like the way you once used passing accuracy % to talk up a non-existent Ndidi passing range is really Stretching it.

Ndidi is technically limited and hasn't shown marked consistent improvements for a good while now. That's the truth.

A player can bring a lot of technicality to his game and still have an average game. The phenomena is commonplace. In the game against Bissau he did stuffs not particular to what he would, normally. I saw improvements in his technicality. I did not say he is technically limited nor technically above average, i said improvements.

In football statistics passing accuracy talks primarily of short passing, which is basic to football, except otherwise indicated.

Below is an image showing Sofascore's stats of Kelechi Nwakali, from the image you can clearly deduce that Kelechi's passing accuracy was calculated from short passes, every other kind of passing was indicated separately and its own number and accuracy of execution stated. If you have issues with my standing, or you feel that Sofascore's presentation of facts is faulty, please indicate.

When i clearly stated Ndidi's passing accuracy, it was supposed to reveal the accuracy of his short passes. This i tried to explain to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
elyte89:
Look at dis racist guys
Too extreme... What's wrong with some fans sef?
Heard they did same to Partey too.
Yesterday's match pain me but then, we move...why all this?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
Who are you picking?😎

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2023
elyte89:
Who are you picking?😎
Westerhorf & Siasia. My opinion oh. Before dem go carry cutlass follow me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
Blueelf:

Okay maybe I went too far calling them fluke

But my point is that he is too inconsistent to start rating him over team mates that have been performing more consistently than him

Which team mates are performing more consistently than him? The ones at Villarreal or in the super eagles?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2023
komekn:

Everything you say about contemporary Midfield play is largely TRUE. The deceptive movement, the ability with technicality and outright skill and panacea to gain competitive advantage, priceless.

Ndidi was great at tackling and interceptions however, creativity passing range short and long that's not his particular skill set.

Can you teach an old dog 🐶 new tricks not easy ❓

Clubs don't have that time they simply look for the players who do, in the HERE and NOW.

Say what you know.

At his club, Ndidi completes an average of 31.7 passes per game with an accuracy of 86%.
How can you deem his short passes poor.

In the home game against G. Bissau Ndidi attempted 3 long balls completing 2. I was impressed. Improvements is what i desire for him, and that is what will happen, and is happening.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2023
Blueelf:

lollll

surprised abi?

Lol. Flu what? Which fluke goal? Did you watch a separate Madrid/ Villarreal game from the one we all watched?

Are you referring to the goals that made Chukwueze the talk of Spain and had commentators and analysts from all over the world heaping praises on the lad even weeks afterwards as flukes?

It's either you don't understand the meaning of the word "fluke" or you are just looking for attention.

I strongly suspect the latter is your predicament. Kpele o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
I won't be having a repeat of the passing accuracy discussions. I can see you still don't get it.

And I also have made my points on Ndidi's technical limitations times without number. I still consider him a big part of our midfield but I also have eyes on his upgrade. Finito.

Meliforme:

A player can bring a lot of technicality to his game and still have an average game. The phenomena is commonplace. In the game against Bissau he did stuffs not particular to what he would, normally. I saw improvements in his technicality. I did not say he is technically limited nor technically above average, i said improvements.

In football statistics passing accuracy talks primarily of short passing, which is basic to football, except otherwise indicated.

Below is an image showing Sofascore's stats of Kelechi Nwakali, from the image you can clearly deduce that Kelechi's passing accuracy was calculated from short passes, every other kind of passing was indicated separately and its own number and accuracy of execution stated. If you have issues with my standing, or you feel that Sofascore's presentation of facts is faulty, please indicate.

When i clearly stated Ndidi's passing accuracy, it was supposed to reveal the accuracy of his short passes. This i tried to explain to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2023
Napoli vs Milan: UCL welcomes back Osimhen

The return of the Monster Machine to UCL Action 🔥🔥🔥

🌟Striker9

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
elyte89:
Who are you picking?😎
Me westerhoff and Keshi. Siasia a close 3rd.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Napoli vs Milan: UCL welcomes back Osimhen

The return of the Monster Machine to UCL Action 🔥🔥🔥

🌟Striker9

Let’s bet he won’t score 🤪🤪
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
elyte89:

He doesn't need to quite frankly, even though I'll be rooting for him to score goals tomorrow.

What Osimhen brings to the team is beyond scoring goals. He is as vital off the ball as he is on the ball. He draws defenders to himself, creating space for others upfront. This is what Napoli lacked in the first leg.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
lovewins:

He doesn't need to quite frankly, even though I'll be rooting for him to score goals tomorrow.

What Osimhen brings to the team is beyond scoring goals. He is as vital off the ball as he is on the ball. He draws defenders to himself, creating space for others upfront. This is what Napoli lacked in the first leg.
Napoli will win not sure Victor will score sha but he will open up the defence for others to come in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2023
Kog45:
The issue are these guys ready to play for Nigeria

The issue is can the NFF create honest straightforward and transparent communication channels that will institute relationships.

I know English boys who are U15 players in EPL Academies who are not born in Poland but your Polish FA is engaging them and creating relationships.

You should know by know that I don't always talk according to media reports but first hand personal contact.

Unfortunately, most NFF officialsh have a preoccupation with the agenda of , " how to makeo money 🤑 by any means possible. By hook or crook.

Is there a genuine interest in getting the best players for the SE ❓❓You know our people.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2023
Amedino99:
this your midfield four na somehow oo. How would they work in paseiro plan, who will shield the defense.

Have you seen the athletic ability and physicality that is founded on technicality, look at in particular Madueke, Carney, Tim and Olise.

That means they are true Midfielders with the ball they attack without the ball they defend with the pace and stamina to get back quickly and transit from defence to attack in a swivel drop of a shoulder and speed to unsettle any defence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2023
elyte89:
Who are you picking?😎
I'll go for siasia and westerhorf
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2023
elyte89:
Look at dis racist guys
😡😡😡😡
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2023
charlesemeka85:
nwakali will be the shield 🥱

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2023
comodo:

Very simple call them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2023
komekn:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
lemme ooo🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2023
elyte89:
Who are you picking?😎
westahof and siasia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lol... you for wait for Blueelf/Darkelf to be the judge of that. 😂😂😆

Na him work be this. Why you dey step into another person office?? 😁😁

elyte89:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14453) (14454) (14455) (14456) (14457) (14458) (14459) ... (16276) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Canada2021, do4luv14(m), hatakekakashi, waffiboi, elyte89, Nomyth, sainteve4r(m), solonnachi, opes, komekn(m), Hanibal(m), kellycute(m), geonyte(m), abbey086(m), BankyGee(m), Samueldodo781(m), immobilare(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.