Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,979 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11690294 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
Babayaro Backs Ezenwa – It Wasn’t A Penalty, Referee Got It Wrong

Former Nigeria international goalkeeper Emmanuel Babayaro has backed goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa who conceded the penalty from which Cameroon drew level in their 1-1 draw against Nigeria.

Ezenwa was adjudged to have fouled Vincent Aboubacar who scored the leveller for Cameroon via the spot in the second half, but Babayaro said the referee got his judgement wrong on the incident that lead to the penalty.

” I said I will give my judgement on Ezenwa when he is faced with a team that will truly test him, and it happened in Yaounde. He passed the test with flying colours I dare say”, Babayaro told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” He was very commanding, backing out instructions and claiming crosses, he also made two good saves and reacted strongly to the rebound. There are still areas he need to work on but the positives from his game are more.

” Talking about the penalty, it’s a case of coming together. Yes Ezenwa came out without proper timing but so too the Cameroonian forward. They were both not close to the ball.

” It was a wrong call because the ball was there to be won. 50-50 like we call it and in the box the referee should always protect the goalkeeper and that wasn’t the case yesterday “.

Shedrack Obi

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/05/babayaro-backs-ezenwa-it-wasnt-a-penalty-referee-got-it-wrong/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by frostmate: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2017
We should BEAT Zambia in Uyo and be over with it. No room for draw please or wait for last game to qualify. Too much tension. Zambia can smell blood. They know they are still in it, all they need is a win in Uyo and they have our loss to south Africa together with the surprise away wins in the other groups to be inspired. Let's be prepared!!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2017
Joebie:
Oh SA no follow.. Competitive match Na competitive match
we played SA during world cup qualifiers? Or do you not know that our 34-game unbeaten is in WCQ?

And no. Competitive match no be competitive match, AFCON is trash compared to the World Cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
Algeria only disappointed themselves. We can beat Zambia. And we will
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
Enyeama Remains First Choice, Ezenwa Is Our Fourth Choice Goalkeeper – Rohr Clarifies

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr says FC Ifeanyi Ubah shot stopper Ikechukwu Ezenwa is official the fourth choice goalkeeper of the senior national team of Nigeria.

Rohr made this known while discussing the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers game which ended 1-1 between Nigeria and Cameroon in Yaounde, a game Ezenwa kept goal for the Nigerian team.

The Franco -German coach of the Nigerian team revealed he wasn’t disappointed with the performance of Ezenwa despite the goalkeeper giving away the penalty from which Cameroon levelled.

“You know that he’s our 4th goalkeeper, the three other ones you know-Enyeama is injured and cannot play, Carl Ikeme is sick and we are praying for him, Akpeyi is also injured, so it was a problem for us going into this fixture,” Rohr said.

“You can say he did very well; he must work harder now. We have two goalkeeper trainers to help him improve more, but overall, he did brilliantly well and also he played well for the CHAN team against Benin, so I am excited that he will deliver for the team when called upon.”

Shedrack Obi

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/05/enyeama-remains-first-choice-ezenwa-is-our-fourth-choice-goalkeeper-rohr-clarifies/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
No, we need a win. But two draws draws would have been enough had we beaten Cameroon yesterday
A draw could still be enough, but not mathematically.
tbaba1234:
Algeria are useless but our job has not changed..

Get at least a draw in Uyo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
Joebie:
Of course I'm hopeful. Some people dey count draw draw soup we chop when we played against minnows. Unbeaten my ass. If u draw a small team it's a loss o. Especially when u see them celebrating. We are Nigeria. We need to set higher standards. We had a chance yesterday, if we took it I would have declared a new era and menarality in our football. It's not over yet. We have the biggest chance but we are playing a team with very big belief. We will have to take that game like a final an never be complacent in our preps.

so, because you won them 4-0, you now classify current AFCON Champions as a 'small team' and 'minnows'? undecided

Una wey no be minnows, world beaters, where was your big team when Cameroon was beating everybody, including these Zambians to win AFCON?

Joebie abeg its too late for small pikin talk.

Just last week, we were talking of Cameroon like Germany, now, you call them minnows. Eez nuh your fault, eez super eagles I blame for giving you such a flawed opinion

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 7inches: 11:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
tglobal:

I like how we always accuse our opponents of match fixing. So money cannot change hands between Nigeria and Algeria abi? or Algeria cannot beef Zambia because the beat them over two legs?

Im not accusing anybody o.. haba!.
Im just bringing up possibilities that could happen.
Im trying to tell u that draw is not an option.
As u can see i used the word might.

Besides nigeria is the most beefed country.
In african out of jealousy.. algeria dont like nigera hope u know, check ur history.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lol in that 34-match run how many were draws against minnows? Great record indeed. And yes we don't take non WC related matches seriously.

Ok let's go on and draw our remaining 2 Ames and keep that fine record in tact.

safarigirl:
we played SA during world cup qualifiers? Or do you not know that our 34-game unbeaten is in WCQ?

And no. Competitive match no be competitive match, AFCON is trash compared to the World Cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
It's like every match day, one member of this thread at least must drink some intoxicating substance and yarn dust undecided

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Joebie:
Lol in that 34-match run how many were draws against minnows? Great record indeed. And yes we don't take non WC relates matches seriously.

Ok let's go on and draw our remaining 2 Ames and keep that fine record in tact.

Good night.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 11:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
rohr should play aina at left back
echijile should not start that match
the Zambian wingers are very fast and tricky

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lol like arranging girls for our lads to party hahaha
safarigirl:
It's like every match day, one member of this thread at least must drink some intoxicating substance and yarn dust undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
Really disappointed in Nigerians. Do we really have fans or just people who always want to win. How many teams are in our position today. If the Zambians do not put up a fight and we go into the world cup thinking you have arrived, that can even be more dangerous. Unbeaten in all our matches and only one draw and people are already panicking. A team with a goal difference of 7. Haba!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
Joebie:
Lol like arranging girls for our lads to party hahaha
...likr calling Cameroon minnows. Rubbish talk

Good night.

Drop whatever you're drinking and go to bed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by freshest4live: 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Joebie:
No, we need a win. But two draws draws would have been enough had we beaten Cameroon yesterday
A draw could still be enough, but not mathematically.
Even now two draws would still be enough.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lol u dey use reading glasses? Abi how many times we play Cameroon for that 34 games?
safarigirl:
so, because you won them 4-0, you now classify current AFCON Champions as a 'small team' and 'minnows'? undecided

Una wey no be minnows, world beaters, where was your big team when Cameroon was beating everybody, including these Zambians to win AFCON?

Joebie abeg its too late for small pikin talk.

Just last week, we were talking of Cameroon like Germany, now, you call them minnows. Eez nuh your fault, eez super eagles I blame for giving you such a flawed opinion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Zambia will be beaten, you guys should go and sleep jare as tonight's result is a blessing in disguise as our coach and his boys will know there are room for excuses. The Eagles play better when the stakes are higher and we know it. Good night folks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
I see Zambia fighting to the last, Super Eagles shouldn't be complacent. They should take the remaining two ties seriously, instead of turning Nigerians into mathematicians every time, making us to study permutations and combination.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lazyerudite:
Really disappointed in Nigerians. Do we really have fans or just people who always want to win. How many teams are in our position today. If the Zambians do not put up a fight and we go into the world cup thinking you have arrived, that can even be more dangerous. Unbeaten in all our matches and only one draw and people are already panicking. A team with a goal difference of 7. Haba!!!
please tell Joebie an other such delusional souls.

Only ONE team is in our position, but they won't factor that in. I can take such talk from non-regulars here, but when supposed regulars begin to make comments like drunkards, it becomes a cause for concern.

Imagine calling Cameroon minnows...foolish talk

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
shocked shocked Those Zambians weren't bragging on Facebook for nothing.. They were true to their words..
But I'm confident we will beat them..The coach and players know what's at stake..I mean which of the players won't wanna go to the world biggest sport event??

They should just approach the game with caution cus the Zambians are coming to Uyo to hurt us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lol yes but what if we lost the second. Abi u wan leave am late to see how the math works? You see how we think differently? Yes even one draw can be enough. I don't take risky paths.
freshest4live:

Even now two draws would still be enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
Danielnino00:
shocked shocked Those Zambians weren't bragging on Facebook for nothing.. They were true to their words..
But I'm confident we will beat them..The coach and players know what's at stake..I mean which of the players won't wanna go to the world biggest sport event??

They should just approach the game with caution cus the Zambians are coming to Uyo to hurt us.
same thing the Cameroonians said and they still chop am

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
You are a big fool because I never implied that. Fool
safarigirl:
please tell Joebie an other such delusional souls.

Only ONE team is in our position, but they won't factor that in. I can take such talk from non-regulars here, but when supposed regulars begin to make comments like drunkards, it becomes a cause for concern.

Imagine calling Cameroon minnows...foolish talk

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
safarigirl:
...likr calling Cameroon minnows. Rubbish talk

Good night.

Drop whatever you're drinking and go to bed.

The Indomitable Lions are not minnows, it's not an easy feat to be the current Africa champions, they even put up a good performance at the confederation cup. If it easy, I wonder why our darling Super Eagles didn't qualify for the Nations Cup.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by freshest4live: 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
Joebie:
Lol yes but what if we lost the second. Abi u wan leave am late to see how the math works? You see how we think differently? Yes even one draw can be enough. I don't take risky paths.
was just pointing out where you were wrong in asserting that if we had won yesterday, two draws would have been enough.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
Ok u are right but we would have been in a better position psychologically anyway
freshest4live:

was just pointing out where you were wrong in asserting that if we had won yesterday, two draws would have been enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
Dextology:

The Indomitable Lions are not minnows, it's not an easy feat to be the current Africa champions, they even put up a good performance at the confederation cup. If it easy, I wonder why our darling Super Eagles didn't qualify for the Nations Cup.
don't mind Joebie. He's intoxicated

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
Joebie:
You are a big fool because I never implied that. Fool
and you're a useless bastard exhibiting signs of drunkenness

Only drunkards will come here and call Cameroon minnows. Silly fuc\ktard. You should have just taken my goodnight and gone to lie on your miserable bed, but you let the liquor get to you.

Oponu oshi angry

Go and sleep my friend

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
a midfield of Ndidi mikel and Iwobi will be enough to destroy zambia. My thought

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 11:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
Please kindly refrain from insulting each other. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Cameroon has suffered sha. People now look down on them. They won the nation's cup last year o. The teams that defeated them in the confed cup both made it to the final o. Forget calculations, this our team is on the rise and surely they will get there

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
i don't see any problem here,no permutation will b needed,just win or draw against Zambia,n will qualify. if we play draw,we qualify via head to head rule,even if Zambia score 20 goals against Cameroon. it is as simple as that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: typicalgamer(m), 9JAMac10 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.