Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14565) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780581 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14562) (14563) (14564) (14565) (14566) (14567) (14568) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by skallion7(m): 8:57am On May 12, 2023
Kwashiman:

The truth hurts.
Yeah, it's the North and SW that told Nduka to play Senator and Chief Judge Sons over better players
Tochukwu Ogbodibo was played over Ifeoluwa Olowoporoko despite being better, if it's the other way round you and and some parts of the country had being crying maginalization

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by skallion7(m): 9:03am On May 12, 2023
Kwashiman:

Bros me I no send, if dem like make dem ban me but the truth has to be said. Since APC came into power our football at all levels simultaneously collapsed, e dey even hard us to qualify for tournaments...not even a PDP fan but at least we won major trophies under that party administration. The Sunday Dare guy who is our honorable minister of sports is a Tinubu man, same vision of mediocrity and failure as we can see in our sports.
YAWN, Not a PDP Dan but.....
Not APC fan but....

I'm Yoruba but.....

I'm Igbo but.....

I'm Hausa but....
All na wash, stop crying like a baby. You're linking a sport minister appointed by Buhari a northerner to Tinubu, you see why I called you an idiot infact you're A1 knucklehead

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afri04: 10:27am On May 12, 2023
Kwashiman:

Bros me I no send, if dem like make dem ban me but the truth has to be said. Since APC came into power our football at all levels simultaneously collapsed, e dey even hard us to qualify for tournaments...not even a PDP fan but at least we won major trophies under that party administration. The Sunday Dare guy who is our honorable minister of sports is a Tinubu man, same vision of mediocrity and failure as we can see in our sports.
Kwashimma your hatred for Yoruba is well noted.Are you not the one calling Yoruba people Yoruba monkeys,answer me idiot.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afri04: 10:33am On May 12, 2023
skallion7:
YAWN, Not a PDP Dan but.....
Not APC fan but....

I'm Yoruba but.....

I'm Igbo but.....

I'm Hausa but....
All na wash, stop crying like a baby. You're linking a sport minister appointed by Buhari a northerner to Tinubu, you see why I called you an idiot infact you're A1 knucklehead
The guy tribalism na die and funny is still got likes meaning hypocrite's plenty yanfu here.Please go through his posts and see his deep hating on Yoruba people tagging them monkeys.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afri04: 10:38am On May 12, 2023
skallion7:
Yeah, it's the North and SW that told Nduka to play Senator and Chief Judge Sons over better players
Tochukwu Ogbodibo was played over Ifeoluwa Olowoporoko despite being better, if it's the other way round you and and some parts of the country had being crying maginalization
Sports shouldn’t be a place for tribalism.

Yes Dare no be am at all but what has his tribe got to do with it.Dare and Amaju really messed our football up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:40am On May 12, 2023
COOL10:

I put the benchmark as 90%. It's pretty simple. Now, let's assume that it's a group of 23 players. 90% of that will give you an approximate of 21.

Can you boldly say that Nigeria has ever taken up to 21 TRULY U17 players to the AFCON/World Cup prior to this year? I'm sure not even you believes that cheesy.

Why do you think a lot of people have been praising the coaches for this year's selection? It's because they did something different this time around and I applaud that.

Yes I can,
And I even believe it, No need trying to downplay others set cause of this present set fallout
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 11:08am On May 12, 2023
Juve, PSG, City, United, Arsenal, Barca, Ajax, and so many other clubs have been trying for years to touch the European silverware. Some have spent billions, and still can't get close. Others have bottled every chance they had.

Then, there's Jose Mourinho who took charge of a humble AS Roma in one of their darkest periods in recent history, a club that has never won a European title. Now, Mourinho is on the verge of winning them their second European title, back to back, and he did so in his first couple of seasons as a manager of the club.

Mourinho winning UECL and Europa League with AS Roma will be a bigger achievement than any other coach winning a UCL with clubs like City or PSG (I don't think those clubs will be anywhere near European glory anytime soon).

The special one.

#copied

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:39am On May 12, 2023
Papi85:
Juve, PSG, City, United, Arsenal, Barca, Ajax, and so many other clubs have been trying for years to touch the European silverware. Some have spent billions, and still can't get close. Others have bottled every chance they had.

Then, there's Jose Mourinho who took charge of a humble AS Roma in one of their darkest periods in recent history, a club that has never won a European title. Now, Mourinho is on the verge of winning them their second European title, back to back, and he did so in his first couple of seasons as a manager of the club.

Mourinho winning UECL and Europa League with AS Roma will be a bigger achievement than any other coach winning a UCL with clubs like City or PSG (I don't think those clubs will be anywhere near European glory anytime soon).

The special one.

#copied

Jose my man, the very best of coaches

Not that fraud who had splashed the cash, to become local Champion, And When the cash stopped coming, He ran away to the next money Bags

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay1: 12:14pm On May 12, 2023
godspeed:
Las las, CAF dubious scheme still backfired on them.

3 West African teams out of 4.

sometimes, when you're shit, no amount of quota system will help them. And when you are good, no amount of suppression will be enough to stop your shine. It's the case of West African footballing Nations vs southern African CAF officials.

Because the zoning thing is 100% not the brain child of the north Africans. Those ones don't mind qualifying on Merit, cause the believe in their own abilities, even if they are shit at times
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 12:15pm On May 12, 2023
do4luv14:

Yes I can,
And I even believe it, No need trying to downplay others set cause of this present set fallout

Well, you're free to believe that but I honestly don't share the same beliefs. I know too much about the indelible corruption that exists in the Nigerian youth teams selection process and its disgraceful state of putrefaction to believe otherwise.

Either way, like I said earlier, I am glad that there were noticeable improvements this time around and I hope it continues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:55pm On May 12, 2023
COOL10:

Lol, now this is funny.

Coping mechanism in what way cheesy? I'm not the one under scrutiny here, now am I ?

The NFF, the coaches and to an extent, the players will always be the ones to be criticized if found wanting in that regard so pardon me if I am at sea by whatever it is you meant by that.
You are implying the 2013 & 2015 set were age cheat
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:56pm On May 12, 2023
COOL10:

Well, you're free to believe that but I honestly don't share the same beliefs. I know too much about the indelible corruption that exists in the Nigerian youth teams selection process and its disgraceful state of putrefaction to believe otherwise.

Either way, like I said earlier, I am glad that there were noticeable improvements this time around and I hope it continues.
Oh they must have bribed FIFA to bring overage boys in 2013 & 2015
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:57pm On May 12, 2023
One side of the mouth: As far as they are young no problem.

Other side of the mouth: We should be always winning

Una no serious

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:59pm On May 12, 2023
COOL10:

I put the benchmark as 90%. It's pretty simple. Now, let's assume that it's a group of 23 players. 90% of that will give you an approximate of 21.

Can you boldly say that Nigeria has ever taken up to 21 TRULY U17 players to the AFCON/World Cup prior to this year? I'm sure not even you believes that cheesy.

Why do you think a lot of people have been praising the coaches for this year's selection? It's because they did something different this time around and I applaud that.
Your belief takes the back seat where facts is driving

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:00pm On May 12, 2023
Blueelf:

You be original crazeman wey dey wear suit and tie

wetin be this now

grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:24pm On May 12, 2023
COOL10:

No wam, we cool like cucumber
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:28pm On May 12, 2023
Odunayaw:
You are implying the 2013 & 2015 set were age cheat

Guy you've quoted me like 4 times already on this topic and to be honest I find it extremely hilarious as it's obvious that I struck a nerve cheesy. The truth hurts, I know.

In my reply to your initial quote, I asked you a question but you cunningly decided to avoid it and intentionally misinterpreted what I said but that's okay.

I've made my point. If it doesn't sit well with you, that's fine. That's the beauty of life. Diversity!!!πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ.

No need to drag this any further.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:30pm On May 12, 2023
do4luv14:

No wam, we cool like cucumber

As always bro. Cheers πŸ₯ƒπŸ₯ƒ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:59pm On May 12, 2023
Kwashiman:
We have to hold on to the Osimhen generation and hope some of the British-Nigerian kids like Eze, Oliseh etc decide to play for Nigeria.. cause as it stands now I see a generational talent drought in Nigerian football that might take years to fix, we just can't produce talented players anymore from our youth systems. Senegal will dominate African football for a very very very long time.
I don't think so bro...some of these kids will likely be in Europe in few years time. Not qualifying for World cup doesn't mean they won't make it. I don't think there can ever be a drought of talent.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 2:19pm On May 12, 2023
Papi85:

The special one.

#copied

He never Europa yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:24pm On May 12, 2023
Our youth Eagles are becoming a failure 😣

The u17,19,20,23

These are the only teams that bring glory to the motherland
Super eagles na waste

And now they can’t even win a tourney that used to be our birth right. And some people got the balls to say we have no right to be angry ??

Omo god go punish anybody when they pick these academy players over open trials

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:31pm On May 12, 2023
typicalgamer:
Our youth Eagles are becoming a failure 😣

The u17,19,20,23

These are the only teams that bring glory to the motherland
Super eagles na waste

And now they can’t even win a tourney that used to be our birth right. And some people got the balls to say we have no right to be angry ??

Omo god go punish anybody when they pick these academy players over open trials

On the contrary our football is actually on the rise.
Our football academies are producing stars everyday
and we are in a better position than 2013, 2015 osimhen set and all that.
Beyond Limits, mavlon fc etc are producing our next and present gen.
We lost those competitions because of bad coaching, luck, favoritism and bribery by our coaches etc.
Also, the u17 were their true age and so no shaking.
Development is not only about winning competitions but laying a ground work for it
and beleive you me the ground work laid by various stakeholders is very good.

For example, france missed out of the USA 94 world cup and it meant nothing really
Italy has not gone to 2 world cups and the effect is not that bad
because those countries have a machinery for developing football.
Also, Nigeria has a machinery and it is exciting if you see beyond the surface.
There is a Thomspon Shaka in Rangers fc another boy (babatunde) in real valladolid
and one recently went to brazil.
Our coaches are just a little bias and incompetent and they are sometime unlucky.
Also, the bad coaches we have will die out when they keep on churning out bad results
and people see the plethora of players we have in Europe.
We are actually better than 2015.
The only thing lagging behind is our league and i hope it picks up.
Relax no shaking.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by toluxe0075: 4:41pm On May 12, 2023
mostob:
I don't think so bro...some of these kids will likely be in Europe in few years time. Not qualifying for World cup doesn't mean they won't make it. I don't think there can ever be a drought of talent.
Getting to the World Cup is very important to all of them. How will international scouts get to see them if they are not in the most important tournament of that age grade. If Awoniyi, Ihenachoand Osimhen set did not get to the World Cup, do you think they would have been found easily?

Not getting to the World Cup only makes their journey longer.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:42pm On May 12, 2023
COOL10:

Guy you've quoted me like 4 times already on this topic and to be honest I find it extremely hilarious as it's obvious that I struck a nerve cheesy. The truth hurts, I know.

In my reply to your initial quote, I asked you a question but you cunningly decided to avoid it and intentionally misinterpreted what I said but that's okay.

I've made my point. If it doesn't sit well with you, that's fine. That's the beauty of life. Diversity!!!πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ.

No need to drag this any further.
grin Nerve?

You overestimate the weight of your opinion. And if you prefer to stand on "your point" irregardless, that's your party but it must still be challenged
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:52pm On May 12, 2023
Philosopher1979:

On the contrary our football is actually on the rise.
Our football academies are producing stars everyday
and we are in a better position than 2013, 2015 osimhen set and all that.
Beyond Limits, mavlon fc etc are producing our next and present gen.
We lost those competitions because of bad coaching, luck, favoritism and bribery by our coaches etc.
Also, the u17 were their true age and so no shaking.
Development is not only about winning competitions but laying a ground work for it
and beleive you me the ground work laid by various stakeholders is very good.

For example, france missed out of the USA 94 world cup and it meant nothing really
Italy has not gone to 2 world cups and the effect is not that bad
because those countries have a machinery for developing football.
Also, Nigeria has a machinery and it is exciting if you see beyond the surface.
There is a Thomspon Shaka in Rangers fc another boy (babatunde) in real valladolid
and one recently went to brazil.
Our coaches are just a little bias and incompetent and they are sometime unlucky.
Also, the bad coaches we have will die out when they keep on churning out bad results
and people see the plethora of players we have in Europe.
We are actually better than 2015.
The only thing lagging behind is our league and i hope it picks up.
Relax no shaking.

Why won’t the coaches be biased when picking players

When a single player agent drops a coach 5 years salary what do you expect ?

If it was a system that works whereby coaches get their salaries, allowances and matches bonuses before due date all these biased selections will be mitigated.

But as things stands we all know the situation coaches are hungry and these managers of players they know this.

So you can’t really blame the coaches, the head itself is corrupt na me won form holy holy

You get ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:57pm On May 12, 2023
toluxe0075:

Getting to the World Cup is very important to all of them. How will international scouts get to see them if they are not in the most important tournament of that age grade. If Awoniyi, Ihenachoand Osimhen set did not get to the World Cup, do you think they would have been found easily?

The truth is that our forerunners have made qualifying for World Cup and and winning afcon is our identity that till date any scouts that’s looking for Africa players always pays close attention to the Nigerians involved we’re that good.

But these so called top prospects from academies are killing us badly, right now we’re not favorites to create the next big thing anymore.

I’ll keep saying these things open trails trumps academy selection.

Like these guys are refined and technically marvelous, but that raw talent, hunger and power no they there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 5:29pm On May 12, 2023
Odunayaw:
grin Nerve?

You overestimate the weight of your opinion. And if you prefer to stand on "your point" irregardless, that's your party but it must still be challenged

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.

If your idea of challenging one's opinion is to evade his questions, twist his words, insinuate on his behalf and construct replies to things he never said ( that's literally all you've done so far), in order to create a facade of intelligence and wit, then I must say that you've done a very poor job so far.

But, whatever rocks your boat, man πŸ˜„. Feel free to quote or in your words 'challenge' me anyday, anytime but don't always expect a response. I'm only accustomed to replying intelligent rebuttals 😎.

Peace.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:50pm On May 12, 2023
toluxe0075:

This isn't entirely true... Ndidi wasnt picked for the 2013 world cup due to MRI but he made it to Europe faster than many of his mates in that set.. Then there are players like Simon, Samuel Kalu, Onuachu, Orban, Boniface, Okereke, Olayinka and countless others who made it to Europe at young ages despite not playing for our national youth teams...
Those u-17 boys just need to keep working harder and ensure they have good agents anf advisers,not those who will sell them off to obscure leagues in Latvia, Bulgaria, Moldova and the likes for their own greed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:57pm On May 12, 2023
who is this Uba Charles at Lillestrom
cc thesupernerd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 6:32pm On May 12, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2023
COOL10:

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.

If your idea of challenging one's opinion is to evade his questions, twist his words, insinuate on his behalf and construct replies to things he never said ( that's literally all you've done so far), in order to create a facade of intelligence and wit, then I must say that you've done a very poor job so far.

But, whatever rocks your boat, man πŸ˜„. Feel free to quote or in your words 'challenge' me anyday, anytime but don't always expect a response. I'm only accustomed to replying intelligent rebuttals 😎.

Peace.
Stop capping. What question are you screeching about?

COOL10:

Lol, now this is funny.

Coping mechanism in what way cheesy? I'm not the one under scrutiny here, now am I ?

The NFF, the coaches and to an extent, the players will always be the ones to be criticized if found wanting in that regard so pardon me if I am at sea by whatever it is you meant by that.

You have a chip on your shoulder and its hilarious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:52pm On May 12, 2023
do4luv14:

Jose my man, the very best of coaches

Not that fraud who had splashed the cash, to become local Champion, And When the cash stopped coming, He ran away to the next money Bags
Oga do4luv,pls why are money bags always looking for him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14562) (14563) (14564) (14565) (14566) (14567) (14568) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: a4turitoroman, Philosopher1979, Kingjite1 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.