Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11709388 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14661) (14662) (14663) (14664) (14665) (14666) (14667) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:29pm On May 29, 2023
Papi85:
Congratulations to 22-year old midfielder, Fisayo Dele Bashiru on achieving promotion to the EFL Championship with Sheffield Wednesday.

He actually no longer a Sheffield Wednesday player, he refused to renew his contract and he is a free agent.

This was in the midst of several top clubs interested in him including a formal bid by AC Milan.

I watched him in 2019 in an U21 game for Liverpool that included Harvey Elliott, he was considerably better than Elliott but he was not preferred by the powers that be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 8:35pm On May 29, 2023
komekn:

He actually no longer a Sheffield Wednesday player, he refused to renew his contract and he is a free agent.

This was in the midst of several top clubs interested in him including a formal bid by AC Milan.

I watched him in 2019 in an U21 game for Liverpool that included Harvey Elliott, he was considerably better than Elliott but he was not preferred by the powers that be.
yea I know he will move to another club with Milan and PSV interested during the Jan transfer window
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:40pm On May 29, 2023
komekn:

Failed to buy new players, Rodgers did miracles with the very weak squad.

That squad was good enough to remain in the PL
Rodgers did an abysmal job.
He should have been released earlier

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:42pm On May 29, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
This shouldn't be allowed to happen. This would be football terrorism. Habamana!!! They have KDB, Silva, Mahrez and Freaking Haaland for goodness sake!!!
Na wa oh. 4th EPL loading.

#HappyInauguration

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:45pm On May 29, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
This shouldn't be allowed to happen. This would be football terrorism. Habamana!!! They have KDB, Silva, Mahrez and Freaking Haaland for goodness sake!!!

reason I don't rate guardiola

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:57pm On May 29, 2023
This boy will destroy ManC dressing room walahi
He feels to bid to be under instructions
What is Pep or ManC thinking angry

TheSuperNerd:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:58pm On May 29, 2023
Blueelf:

reason I don't rate guardiola

It's actually the reason I respect him
He deliberately improves his team every summer
That's a hallmark of a great leader.
The ability to constantly improve your team.
Call him the checkbook coach, man knows his onions...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:04pm On May 29, 2023
Nomyth:

It's so nauseating reading that players from our youth ranks are ill-equiped for the premier league. Mikel Obi came thru our youth ranks and held his own in the same league.

Michael Essien came through the Ghanaian youth ranks and dominated the premiership too.

Note how he has never mentioned Richarlison who has just 1 goal despite playing regularly for a top team yet Iheanacho is always his problem.

Myopic reasoning, when did Richarlison become Nigerian and therefore pertinent to any discussion about Nigerian players.

Essentially we should justify mediocrity with abject mediocrity, na wah 😯

Did Essien leave Liberty club Ghana straight to the EPL ❓And start to ascendency No, he learned , developed and progressed his game at Bastia and Lyon over five years before coming to the EPL.

Unfortunately by age 31 he was literally finished and a mere shadow of his former self for obvious reasons ( football ⚽ age) he is currently 40.

Mikel Obi is a oustanding performing top world class football ⚽ player. He left Nigeria to Lyn Oslo where I am right now for the moment coincidentally. Although he was in Lyn Oslo for a year or so it was more about legal maneuvering to get round requirements for the EPL work permit.

I don't understand how he retired at barely 32 and was no longer able to perform at a high level he just dropped by age 30 he is only 36 now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 9:05pm On May 29, 2023
oloriooko:
This boy will destroy ManC dressing room walahi
He feels to bid to be under instructions
What is Pep or ManC thinking angry

same thing was my major concern when he was linked with man united few weeks ago

Mk em carry em ego go etihad abeg 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:08pm On May 29, 2023
lbrichman2:

That squad was good enough to remain in the PL
Rodgers did an abysmal job.
He should have been released earlier

No new players and current players like Vardy almost expired with just two real quality players Maddison, Tielemans and maybe Barnes.

It is more like a Championship team squad and you say Rogers did abysmally I disagree.

Probably the worst striking force in the EPL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:11pm On May 29, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Let him come, he will be their doom,
Remember, too many cooks did what again

Besides this just reinforce the saying that Pep Issac fraud, and checkbook Coach,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:14pm On May 29, 2023
lbrichman2:

It's actually the reason I respect him
He deliberately improves his team every summer
That's a hallmark of a great leader.
The ability to constantly improve your team.
Call him the checkbook coach, man knows his onions...

But dis guy is playing well now grealish and deres even foden,so y go for neymar again🙂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 9:19pm On May 29, 2023
elyte89:

But dis guy is playing well now grealish and deres even foden,so y go for neymar again🙂

I don't think Pep would buy him though.
He's too injury prone and he's 30.
When last did Neymar play a full season without injuries?
Or maybe Pep thinks he can manage him better

But I trust pep to improve this City team even further
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:19pm On May 29, 2023
mank1234:

J J Okocha
Aboutrika

It seems you have forgotten the proposition that you birthed that prompted my response.

I will quote you verbatim ;

Morale? I dey vex. I like Nwakali. He plays well. Luck is not just on his side. They are players in better clubs that he is better than

I asked you to name just three players and of African origin that he Nwakali is better than.

Look At what you Have Presented ❓❓❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 9:20pm On May 29, 2023
komekn:

No new players and current players like Vardy almost expired with just two real quality players Maddison, Tielemans and maybe Barnes.

It is more like a Championship team squad and you say Rogers did abysmally I disagree.

Probably the worst striking force in the EPL

I still think they had what it takes to atleast finish 12-16th
You didn't mention KC, Ndidi and a few others that were decent, maybe not top quality but decent atleast
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 9:28pm On May 29, 2023
Blueelf:

hakimi will win
hahahaha. Window. What has hakimi done this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 9:29pm On May 29, 2023
yinkeys:

Nigeria V Argentina games are usually 1 - 0, 2 - 1 or 3 - 2
Usually a goal deficit
I am even thinking of that their keeper. That is the only possible challenger to osimhen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:42pm On May 29, 2023
Naija players in the UCL for 23/24 season: Confirmed so far

Sadiq Umar - Real Sociedad

Victor Osimhen - Napoli (till when he leaves this summer)

Zaidu Sanusi - FC Porto

Peter Olayinka - Red Star Belgrade

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 10:07pm On May 29, 2023
komekn:

It seems you have forgotten the proposition that you birthed that prompted my response.

I will quote you verbatim ;

Morale? I dey vex. I like Nwakali. He plays well. Luck is not just on his side. They are players in better clubs that he is better than

I asked you to name just three players and of African origin that he Nwakali is better than.

Look At what you Have Presented ❓❓❓
Lolz.

I presented 2 points in that message:

1) that he's is better than some players in some clubs
2) that some players can be unlucky.
I went on to mention an example that was prolific but unlucky.
So naturally when you said 'mention 3 not just 1', anyone can think you're referring to point 2. Next time be explicit.

To your question, if I say he's better than Mahrez and Osimehn what will you do? Take him to man city or Napoli and prove otherwise. Football is a team sport. Your teammate can make you so poor.

Edit: I forgot you asked for 3: lt me add Awoniyi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:12pm On May 29, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4CIg8MM9rU

Nigeria’s next midfield maestro. I call him the new Yaya Toure 🔥🔥🔥🔥

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:13pm On May 29, 2023
komekn:

Please what has happened to Bobby Adekanye.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:08am On May 30, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Naija U20 Lads already bagging Deals due to their U20 WC Performances so far

GK, Chijioke Aniagboso will play in the Ukrainian Premier League next season

Aniagboso has been signed by Champions of the Ukrainian first league (2nd tier) who are newly promoted to the Ukrainian PL for the 23/24 season, FC Polissya Zhytomyr

One of the Ukraine football's scouting accounts just quoted me (and my Aniagboso vs Italy post) on twitter to unveil the news.

No be war zone be that? Nawa o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 12:30am On May 30, 2023
ecoco2014:

Cheap talk! I don't drink alcohol.

Stop capping you predicted Nigeria against Brazil the same way, I'm sure u never played it. Yet you mislead people with your wrong predictions. Stop predicting games you are not playing in the name of faulty patriotism ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 12:33am On May 30, 2023
chuks404:
I am even thinking of that their keeper. That is the only possible challenger to osimhen.
That dude didn’t win any trophy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:03am On May 30, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Naija U20 Lads already bagging Deals due to their U20 WC Performances so far

GK, Chijioke Aniagboso will play in the Ukrainian Premier League next season

Aniagboso has been signed by Champions of the Ukrainian first league (2nd tier) who are newly promoted to the Ukrainian PL for the 23/24 season, FC Polissya Zhytomyr

One of the Ukraine football's scouting accounts just quoted me (and my Aniagboso vs Italy post) on twitter to unveil the news.

Ukraine ke? With the war going on?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:04am On May 30, 2023
Papi85:
Vincent Kompany and Burnley are in discussion with Gent about the possibility of signing kid bomber Gift Orban this summer
Will he be eligible to play in the EPL without international games?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 5:04am On May 30, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Ukraine ke? With the war going on?

It's a proxy war, not a real war
Don't believe everything you see in the media

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:33am On May 30, 2023
mank1234:

Lolz.

I presented 2 points in that message:

1) that he's is better than some players in some clubs
2) that some players can be unlucky.
I went on to mention an example that was prolific but unlucky.
So naturally when you said 'mention 3 not just 1', anyone can think you're referring to point 2. Next time be explicit.

To your question, if I say he's better than Mahrez and Osimehn what will you do? Take him to man city or Napoli and prove otherwise. Football is a team sport. Your teammate can make you so poor.

Edit: I forgot you asked for 3: lt me add Awoniyi.

Lost for words 😔

I quote you again verbatim;

Now tell me three players that Nwakali is better than in better clubs preferably of Nigerian origin. Because the context is Nigerian football ⚽ please.

Don't go round the houses 🏘️ or the bush , give us 3 players Nwakali is better than in better clubs and leagues PLEASE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:35am On May 30, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Please what has happened to Bobby Adekanye.

He left Liverpool on a very good contract with Lazio got loaned out and just essentially faded out. Currently in the Eredivise with Go Ahead Eagles.

He was at PSV then Barcelona and then Liverpool.

I have said here that I thought he was ok but not exceptional donkeys ago.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:39am On May 30, 2023
According to The Sun, Rangers are interested in signing Dessers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ecoco2014(m): 8:11am On May 30, 2023
M7even:

Stop capping you predicted Nigeria against Brazil the same way, I'm sure u never played it. Yet you mislead people with your wrong predictions. Stop predicting games you are not playing in the name of faulty patriotism ..
I play my games as well. You are the ones that pretend not to have played when they ey are green.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:03am On May 30, 2023
If I say I'm not massively impressed I would be lying. Looks like a potential generational talent.

Even though everyone looks world class on youtube highlights the video clips gives me a fair idea of what Akin is all about as a player. At this age he's already showing a maturity and calmness on the ball beyond his years.

Love that he looks press resistant, has good technical ability, fantastic turn of pace and decent passing. No wonder he's been included in the Inter first team lately.

Hope Inzaghi gives him decent playing time in their last game of the season.

However is the coach of the SE should glue his eyes to this boy.

Papi85:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4CIg8MM9rU

Nigeria’s next midfield maestro. I call him the new Yaya Toure 🔥🔥🔥🔥

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14661) (14662) (14663) (14664) (14665) (14666) (14667) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joebie, quickberry(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.